June 03, 2024, 01:45:02 PM

Author Topic: Emmanuel Adebayor Thread  (Read 58111 times)

Offline deltatau14

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor has no right near a premiership team-IMHO
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2008, 01:24:12 PM »
I scared to run thru dis crossfire and might be entirely redundant by means of this thread but de man have 15 goals in de prem and arsenal been on top damn name de whole first half of de season...you take someone alien to football (born american quite possibly) and you show dem de prem goal scorer stats, ya tink dey will say dat adebayor have no reason being there? I only read pieces of de thread here and there and i just wanted to inject my 5 cents but allyuh die hard bad man killers.....go easy on mih i frighten

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2008, 01:51:52 PM »
Adebayor arouses inside me the exact same sentiments that were felt in Drogba's first two seasons in the EPL..

i eh rate him either but Fli, ah feel he could make yuh eat dem words in due course much like i did with drogba..

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2008, 01:58:36 PM »
i eh rate him either but Fli, ah feel he could make yuh eat dem words in due course much like i did with drogba..

Not in due course, it's already been done.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2008, 04:45:04 PM »

Not in due course, it's already been done.
Peong, tell dem
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2008, 04:25:14 PM »
I just got in from the game, only posting in here because it's about Adebayor this is not entitly topic related but this is why us Arsenal fans love him. We just wish Wenger answered our calls earlier but Wenger want them to experince the licks  :rotfl:
as the song goes
ADEBAYOOOOOOOOOOR ADEBAYOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
GIV-E HIM THE BALL AND HE WILL SCORRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

ADEBAYYOOOOOOOOOOOR ADEBAYORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! GIVE HIM THE BALL AND HE WILL SCOORRRRRRRRREEEEEEEE!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2008, 04:26:22 PM »
Meanwhile Kenwyne Jones is the EPL's best striker  :-\
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2008, 01:19:51 PM »
FLi! repeat after me
Adebayor is ah "Brace Man" ;D ;D

Emmanuel Adebayor's brace helped secure Arsenal's passage to the FA Cup fifth round at the expense of Newcastle.
and Bendtner ent even get ah corbeau sweat :D :D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 01:23:20 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2008, 04:27:43 PM »
FLi! repeat after me
Adebayor is ah "Brace Man" ;D ;D

Yeah he does let go some serious hard bullet

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2008, 08:45:37 PM »
Make that 7 goals in d past 5 matches in all competitions

Offline trinikid

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2008, 09:56:16 PM »
LOL allyuh men insist on drilling fd man who start this post dread give jack his jacket doh adebayor playing real good.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2008, 11:33:44 PM »
ah guess everytime de man score dis thread will come up....lawd...allyuh wicked..

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2008, 12:19:34 AM »
ah guess everytime de man score dis thread will come up....lawd...allyuh wicked..
especially when de man does score ah BRACE
FLI!.......... is like he did read dis tred ;)
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2008, 01:09:23 AM »
That man like he read this and take it to heart boy

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2008, 07:18:44 AM »
I think Fl! is a arsenal supporter, like he was trying a reverse psychology thing. Well it work eh padna!

Maybe I could borrow it...
" Michael Owen gone thru, he have no first touch, lose his pace and cah hit the ball with any kind of power. He should join Robbie Fowler at Cardiff cause he HAVE NO RIGHT NEAR A PREMIERSHIP TEAM -IMHO!! ""

U think that will work or I have to start a whole new thread?  ;D
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2008, 09:05:45 AM »
 TALLMAN LET THIS THREAD BE THE WORST TOPIC EVER INTRODUCED, IMHO YOU MUST HAVE AH REAL BIG MOUTH BECUASE BY NOW 20 GOALS LATER BOTH YOUR FEET SHOULD BE LODGED DEEP IN YUH THROAT :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2008, 09:09:57 AM »
What if Adebayor was a Trini?

My guess is that the common sentiment on the board would be that he's the best striker in the EPL... Just a guess.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2008, 09:12:21 AM »
when this thread was started I didn't bother to read it because the topic name was dumb...adebayor is not a great player yet but he is definitely good enough to play in the premiership...for men who claim to watch and know plenty football to say he is lame have me wondering about what they think when they watch some of our national players....these ppl should start a thread..trini players have no right near a football

i always thought a forward main objective was to score goals but i guess i was wrong...some ppl opinions on adebayor might be different if he was ah trini  :-\

edit..kicker i see u beat me to the trini comment.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2008, 10:05:22 AM »
What if Adebayor was a Trini?

My guess is that the common sentiment on the board would be that he's the best striker in the EPL... Just a guess.

I would certainly pick an EPL striker who has 20 goals over one who has 5- IMHO

Offline Papasmurf

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://footballawayoflife.blogspot.com/
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2008, 10:16:15 AM »
I must admit, I didnt rate him when Henry was there. But the man has been a revelation this season. Seems like Fabregas feels the same way.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=503431&cc=5901

Fabregas: Abebayor one of best in world

Cesc Fabregas believes Emmanuel Adebayor has grown into 'one of the best strikers in the world' - and admits Arsenal could not 'live without him' right now.

Togo's loss in failing to secure qualification for the African Nations Cup has certainly proved the Gunners' gain, as in-form Adebayor took his tally to 19 for the season with a first-half strike in the 3-0 win over Newcastle at Emirates Stadium on Tuesday night.

It was a result which lifted Arsenal back to the top of the Barclays Premier League over Manchester United, who host Portsmouth this evening, and ensured their would be no hangover from last week's Carling Cup semi-final defeat to arch-rivals Tottenham.

Adebayor, 23, has now netted an impressive nine goals in his last seven appearances, scoring the opener in three successive league games.

Manager Arsene Wenger hailed the 6ft 4in African as a 'dream striker', who continues to go from 'strength to strength'.

Midfielder Fabregas believes there are few around to match him, as understandably comparisons with the likes of Chelsea's Ivory Coast frontman Didier Drogba begin to be drawn.

'Emmanuel is one of the best in the world, without any doubt,' Fabregas declared.

'You can not fault him in any way. He works, he defends, he chases the centre-backs, he goes behind, he can play to feet, he has a good first touch and a good technique.

'He has improved amazingly and for us I don't think we could live without Adebayor right now.'

Adebayor - signed from Monaco during January 2006 - is certainly repaying the faith showed in him by Wenger following the summer sale of talisman Thierry Henry to Barcelona, and on current form he looks set to smash the 30-goal barrier sooner rather than later.

Fabregas is glad to see how quickly his team-mate has become the 'idol of the club'.

'You have to have the capacity to learn, to be patient. He was when Thierry was here. Now he has the chance and he has taken it,' said the midfielder.

'That's what a big player does. Sometimes players they have the chance and they don't take it. He took it, he is playing very well, is improving every day and now he is the idol of the club.'

Fabregas was also on the scoresheet on Tuesday night, netting Arsenal's third with 10 minutes left.

His midfielder partner Mathieu Flamini capped another impressive display with a stunning 25-yard effort.

Flamini, who almost left the club in the summer, has been a revelation this season, and is in talks about extending his contract, which runs out at the end of the campaign.

Fabregas hopes the 23-year-old Frenchman will remain part of an exciting young side.

'Mathieu has been amazing all season,' said Fabregas. 'He is hyperactive, on the pitch, outside the pitch.

'He has so much passion for the game. He enjoys it and he hates losing.

'I don't know how he does it but he has so much power. With his encouragement we play better.'

Fabregas added: 'He is a very big player for us and has improved a lot.

'Mathieu has stepped up this year as have Adebayor and Gael [Clichy] and all these kind of players. We need them so badly.'

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2008, 08:39:02 AM »
adebayour trying to knock me out ah d cup steupsssss
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2008, 10:27:46 AM »
TALLMAN LET THIS THREAD BE THE WORST TOPIC EVER INTRODUCED, IMHO YOU MUST HAVE AH REAL BIG MOUTH BECUASE BY NOW 20 GOALS LATER BOTH YOUR FEET SHOULD BE LODGED DEEP IN YUH THROAT :rotfl: :rotfl:

preach it bredda

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2008, 11:26:37 AM »
FLi !
tell me AGAIN,  who scored for ArseAnal today ;D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 12:02:43 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2008, 10:32:24 AM »
Dictionary: Prolific
Definition: (see) Abedayor  ;D

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2008, 03:17:31 PM »
took him a lil bit to settle
 some times his touch as a tad rapist like, but the man stays back and works on his faults, true sign of a champion, alot of thierry's hunger for prefection rubbed off on our young squad

also his work rate it tremendous, up and down the pitch all over defending fron the front tracking back total team player

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 06:29:13 AM by GunnerStunner »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2008, 03:37:49 PM »
WHEN LAST YUH HERE BOUT DE TOGO MAN!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2008, 07:46:53 AM »
watch nah....this is why I love this site...FL! as long as Adebayor keep scoring men going and be hitting you for six...and like Adebayor know that

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2008, 01:29:31 PM »
Mr. Adebayor has obviously been inspired to rise to my stinging criticism of him and prove that he is worthy of being a premiership and Arsenal striker, contrary to MHO and the title of this thread.  Much like Stern rising to the occasion to prove the naysayers wrong in our 2006 qualification.   ;)

But on a more serious note, Adebayor has been scoring, scoring consistently and scoring in big games, all of the criticisms I levelled at him at the start of this season. My comments were based in part on his performances in the past few seasons and his poor chance to conversion rate at the start of the season. But he has improved in all those aspects of his game, much to my chagrin.

Even Arsene Wenger has been suprised at how quickly he's developed since Henry's departure, with respect to the amount of goals he has scored,  though he now acknowledges he is  a complete striker.

"He’s a guy who made mistakes at the start of his career, and has realised here that there’s another life rather than being easy"

"When he realised that he could live in the big world of top-class football players it changed him, and today he’s a different animal, mainly mentally. He realised he wasted some time and it was time for him to be serious.”

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=487112&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Wenger+-+Adebayor+is+best+in+Premier+League

I still personally loathe him as an arrogant individual, but can no longer deny that he has proven himself as capable of filling the void left by Henry.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 01:44:43 PM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2008, 02:34:02 PM »
Fli that is curry or bbq crow yuh eating there?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2008, 02:36:02 PM »
Fli that is curry or bbq crow yuh eating there?

como ?
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2008, 06:51:29 AM »
Mr. Adebayor has obviously been inspired to rise to my stinging criticism of him and prove that he is worthy of being a premiership and Arsenal striker, contrary to MHO and the title of this thread.  Much like Stern rising to the occasion to prove the naysayers wrong in our 2006 qualification.   ;)

But on a more serious note, Adebayor has been scoring, scoring consistently and scoring in big games, all of the criticisms I levelled at him at the start of this season. My comments were based in part on his performances in the past few seasons and his poor chance to conversion rate at the start of the season. But he has improved in all those aspects of his game, much to my chagrin.

Even Arsene Wenger has been suprised at how quickly he's developed since Henry's departure, with respect to the amount of goals he has scored,  though he now acknowledges he is  a complete striker.

"He’s a guy who made mistakes at the start of his career, and has realised here that there’s another life rather than being easy"

"When he realised that he could live in the big world of top-class football players it changed him, and today he’s a different animal, mainly mentally. He realised he wasted some time and it was time for him to be serious.”

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=487112&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Wenger+-+Adebayor+is+best+in+Premier+League

I still personally loathe him as an arrogant individual, but can no longer deny that he has proven himself as capable of filling the void left by Henry.

I don't see anything in that article or any other article for that matter saying that Wenger is suprised. Wenger feels he WASTED some time implying he could of improved quicker than expected. At the same time Wenger would of expected him to become good, I doubt Wenger will buy and out-and-out Striker to have medicore strike-rate (which he has never had) or be as rubbish as you made him out to be

''...He realised he wasted some time and it was time for him to be serious.”
Seems as if you trying to find a way which makes it look like Wenger was supporting your claims  :devil: :devil:

Anyway many indivdiuals regardless of their chosen sport are arrogant during the game but different off the playing arena.

Good you realise you were wrong. That thread title and first post still makes me laugh though  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Anyway moving on

ADEBAYOOOOOOOOOOOR! ADEBAYOOOOOOOOOOOR! GIVE HIM THE BALL AND ADE WILL SCORE!
ADEBAYOOOOOOOOOOOR! ADEBAYOOOOOOOOOOOR! GIVE HIM THE BALL AND ADE WILL SCORE! ;D  :devil:

« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 07:04:41 AM by Carib-Briton »

1]; } ?>