April 27, 2024, 11:16:04 AM

Author Topic: Emmanuel Adebayor Thread  (Read 57122 times)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor has no right near a premiership team-IMHO
« Reply #210 on: April 14, 2008, 06:20:30 AM »
Done  ;)

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 14, 2008, 09:47:01 AM »
the amount of shit he play in that first half and chances he throwaway, he ran out of ideas as to how to score.

He closed his eyes, put his hands up to the sky and said....'Father help me'...when he opened his eyes the ball hit him on the hand and went in.

I think the same way ppl blame Senderos for the mistakes he makes, they need to really take a closer look at this Adebayor and the amount of chances he throws away.

The problem is with a defender, like a goalkeeper people always remember the goals you let in, as opposed to the goals you prevented

Arsenal need a real striker for the umpteenth time

Adebayor should have done better with some of his chances, but in the 1st half his general play was good. He linked up well with the midfield and V. Persie and kept possession well. He was actually far less effective in the second half..yet scored. Truth is, Adebayor did what most good strikers do....miss more than they score, but like any good striker Adebayor didn't hide..he kept putting himself about and did his job....he scored. Where were the goals from the other Arsenal attackers? And he scored the first goal at a great time for his club. Arsenal did not get a result because their captain foolishly handled a ball he couldn't control and Gilberto gave away one too many fouls on the edge of his area. On another day, Adebayor may have had a hattrick, but that is the life of a striker. In the end, he scored and it was at a critical time too. He shook off all the prior isses and did the business. Look how many one-on-ones Rooney had with Lehman and missed all..yet you want to get down on Adebayor who actually scored. You really doh like this fella

Hey Filho,

about wasting down Adebayor, this thread as started many many months ago is about him and not Gallas or Rooney. If someone wants to be brave enough to start one about Rooney so be it. Fact is he is a functioning cog in a well oiled ManUtd machine, which can produce goals from a number of areas, most notably, as we all know CR.  (I should add at this point, that I have allegiance to none of the EPL clubs. I just enjoy good football.)

Arsenal is a different issue. When Henry left, I said Adebayor couldn't pick up the slack, everyone argued that he could and can. There have been injuries to Eduardo, and Van Persie at crucial periods of the season, but Mr. Adebayor has started in all bar, i think 2 games for Arsenal this season. Everyone claimed he epitomised the striking prowess that Arsenal strikers are known for. I begged to differ and I got wasted down on this site, by individuals, most who seem to have gone into hiding.

Adebayor has failed to score in the last 7 Ars games. And it's not just his failure to score that I take issue with, it's his failure to make a meaningful contribution, when he knows that his team need him to step his game up. Instead, he is more concerned about records and scoring titles and missed a golden opportunity to secure his team the 3 points early on against Bir City, when he could have clearly passed to Bendtner in a clearly better position, but tried to shoot ? Why ? One reason is that he and Bendtner do not get along (although he claimed he did not see Bendtner). Another, more likely is that he wanted to score 8 consecutive goals in a season for Ars. That is not a team player and if you look at one of my earlier posts, Arsene Wenger stated when goals were flying in left right and centre, that he should not be so obsessed with scoring.

As for Sunday's game? I watched on Sky and I was not the only one to 'waste' him down. All the presenters acknowledged that he had wasted all of Arsenal's chances on goal in the first half and as for him continually putting himself out, Arsenal's formation had him alone up front, how could he hide? Van Persie was playing wide left and Eboue has not been comfortable at all in that wide right position for sometime. Adebayor was the target man.

As for the 'goal'. Ferdinand let the ball go straight past him and when asked why in the post match interview, claimed that he heard someone shout 'keeper'. He said Van Der Sar said it was not him, so who knows it could have been a ploy by the Togoan, an updated version of the 'leave it' we have all said at some level of our football playing lives. Would I put it past him in his desperation to get a goal ? Judging by the flagrant hand use and the frustration of missing all Arsenal's chances in the first half, as well as the fact that the season was basically contingent on that game, ANYTHING is possible.

And yea, I really don't like the fella.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 09:50:56 AM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 15, 2008, 09:42:36 AM »
Hey Filho,

about wasting down Adebayor, this thread as started many many months ago is about him and not Gallas or Rooney. If someone wants to be brave enough to start one about Rooney so be it. Fact is he is a functioning cog in a well oiled ManUtd machine, which can produce goals from a number of areas, most notably, as we all know CR.  (I should add at this point, that I have allegiance to none of the EPL clubs. I just enjoy good football.)

Arsenal is a different issue. When Henry left, I said Adebayor couldn't pick up the slack, everyone argued that he could and can. There have been injuries to Eduardo, and Van Persie at crucial periods of the season, but Mr. Adebayor has started in all bar, i think 2 games for Arsenal this season. Everyone claimed he epitomised the striking prowess that Arsenal strikers are known for. I begged to differ and I got wasted down on this site, by individuals, most who seem to have gone into hiding.

Adebayor has failed to score in the last 7 Ars games. And it's not just his failure to score that I take issue with, it's his failure to make a meaningful contribution, when he knows that his team need him to step his game up. Instead, he is more concerned about records and scoring titles and missed a golden opportunity to secure his team the 3 points early on against Bir City, when he could have clearly passed to Bendtner in a clearly better position, but tried to shoot ? Why ? One reason is that he and Bendtner do not get along (although he claimed he did not see Bendtner). Another, more likely is that he wanted to score 8 consecutive goals in a season for Ars. That is not a team player and if you look at one of my earlier posts, Arsene Wenger stated when goals were flying in left right and centre, that he should not be so obsessed with scoring.

As for Sunday's game? I watched on Sky and I was not the only one to 'waste' him down. All the presenters acknowledged that he had wasted all of Arsenal's chances on goal in the first half and as for him continually putting himself out, Arsenal's formation had him alone up front, how could he hide? Van Persie was playing wide left and Eboue has not been comfortable at all in that wide right position for sometime. Adebayor was the target man.

As for the 'goal'. Ferdinand let the ball go straight past him and when asked why in the post match interview, claimed that he heard someone shout 'keeper'. He said Van Der Sar said it was not him, so who knows it could have been a ploy by the Togoan, an updated version of the 'leave it' we have all said at some level of our football playing lives. Would I put it past him in his desperation to get a goal ? Judging by the flagrant hand use and the frustration of missing all Arsenal's chances in the first half, as well as the fact that the season was basically contingent on that game, ANYTHING is possible.

Well everybody has their likes and dislikes, but I not seeing the logic in most of your arguments. Adebayor has picked up the slack..20 league goals in 29 starts is excellent. You can't ask for much more from a striker. How do you assume to know what Adebayor is thinking while he is playng? Strikers are often selfish in front of goal..that is what they are paid to do and you will find many instances on a weekly basis when a striker should have passed and took an improbable shot instead. It's frustarting to watch, but it is the law of averages and to be a killer in front of goal, sometimes you have to have a one track mind. The best strikers have it. Doesn't mean it wasn't a bad choice, but don't expect that to end..whether your name is Adebayor, Ronaldo, Inzaghi, V Nistelroy...these fellas oftne ignore the ebst option int an effort to buss de net. it is the law of the goal hound breds and they need that instinct..like it or not. As for being a team player. Adebayor works really hard. In fact, his workrate is phenomenal and he links well with the other players imo and he gets thos comments from the pundits just about every week.

I agree he wasted some good chances, but that's part of the game. He kept going and he scored. And a lone striker can play cowardly and not put himself about..not attack the ball in dangerous areas. We've all seen the head go downa nd the agression disappear. Adebayor kept his head up and got an important goal. Like I said, at that level he will feel he could do better but his form in front of goal as slumped towards the end of the season. But that is natural..very difficult to keep up that scoring pace all season.

And it doesn't matter how the goal is scored..a goal is a goal. Looks to me that Van Der Saar should have dne better, but that's how it ended up. I not a huge Adebayor fan, and as far as I see we just disagree. You points seem tainted by a personal dislike based on assumptions of the guy's personality. But that is part of the game too. I have my irrational dislikes too. But let's be perfectly honest..if any trini could make an Arsenal squad and score 20 goals in a season, he would be a general  :devil: :devil:

respek Fli
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 09:44:20 AM by Filho »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 15, 2008, 12:58:48 PM »
Hey Filho,

I really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really  don't like the fella.

I really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fella.

I really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fella.

I really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fella.

I really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fellaI really don't like the fella.

Ah think ah finally understand what yuh saying...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 01:00:36 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 15, 2008, 08:00:05 PM »
LOL this is funny, i cant honestly believe people try to defend Adebayor. From day one you could see he wasn't that good. I remember in one of his first games all he had to do was square it to henry to score instead he shot and missed, henry got vex and i knew then what kinda player he was. something he done with bentner recently, oh yeah bentner is shit too. anyway i think saying he has no right near the premiership is going a little too far i think he could make ah Derby County or Chelsea I'm sure ;D. Fact is hes shit anyone who knows anything about football will tell u that, if u really think hes good u probably never played the game. And you probably are an armchair supporter jocks their prick over stats. Yes hes scored like 20 goals but how many chances has he missed? what contribution does he make to a game? how many times does he loose the ball with that terrible touch, is he good off the ball? is he an intelligent player? and the goals he has scored where they class goals or tap ins? or even goals that didn't really matter. i know a goal is a goal but in terms of the future if this is what he is then why keep him? or at least buy a main striker and maybe have Adebayor as one of the supporting strikers. Its a very sad day when one of the top 4 teams have him as their lead man. I really hope its a case of us not having anyone else. I cant honestly believe Wenger is going to have faith in him next season. Wenger is a smart man and is wisdom of football is endless, but my biggest fear is that he may be obsessed with his creation.

giggsy11

« Reply #215 on: April 15, 2008, 08:15:16 PM »
Like every player he has room for improvement, is up to him tuh do the work to get better.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #216 on: April 15, 2008, 08:37:07 PM »
Like every player he has room for improvement, is up to him tuh do the work to get better.
maybe he might do like Drogba and get better..but then again this was his 3rd year in the EPL?  ::)
i think he have the same strike ratio like Andy Cole..1 in 15  ;D
on paper Arsenal probably do have the 10th ranked foursome in the league
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 16, 2008, 07:17:34 AM »
LOL this is funny, i cant honestly believe people try to defend Adebayor. From day one you could see he wasn't that good. I remember in one of his first games all he had to do was square it to henry to score instead he shot and missed, henry got vex and i knew then what kinda player he was. something he done with bentner recently, oh yeah bentner is shit too. anyway i think saying he has no right near the premiership is going a little too far i think he could make ah Derby County or Chelsea I'm sure ;D. Fact is hes shit anyone who knows anything about football will tell u that, if u really think hes good u probably never played the game. And you probably are an armchair supporter jocks their prick over stats. Yes hes scored like 20 goals but how many chances has he missed? what contribution does he make to a game? how many times does he loose the ball with that terrible touch, is he good off the ball? is he an intelligent player? and the goals he has scored where they class goals or tap ins? or even goals that didn't really matter. i know a goal is a goal but in terms of the future if this is what he is then why keep him? or at least buy a main striker and maybe have Adebayor as one of the supporting strikers. Its a very sad day when one of the top 4 teams have him as their lead man. I really hope its a case of us not having anyone else. I cant honestly believe Wenger is going to have faith in him next season. Wenger is a smart man and is wisdom of football is endless, but my biggest fear is that he may be obsessed with his creation.

how can you say that it's not fair to say he has no right near an EPL team..but then state as fact that he is shit. which one is it? In any case, you can make your opinion without trying to make yourself feel like you're the only one who knows football. I do think Adebayor has his flaws, but I think his all round game and the goals he scored make him a better player than Fli believes. It's all relative. I haven't heard anyone say he's the best striker in the EPL. Just some us don't think he is a complete waste. As for who knows about football..if you know as much as you seem to think you do..you might be able to answer some of the elementary questions you asked and realize that many of the answers actually weaken your argument. and some of your questions are irrelevant..class goals vs tap ins? hahah. What difference does it make? And some tap ins are pure class. But you know about football right? you make fun over those who are armchair supporters who jock over stats and then ask one of the most retarded non-footballing questions one could ask about a striker's ability. In any case, some of just disagree about the guy's all round ability. I also think he is leading Arsenal's line out of necessity... a fit Van Persie is Arsenal's best striker imo..but he has been injured most of the season. But all this stalk is shite and we know it...this simple statement is absolutely irrefutable..If Adebayor was a Trini..he'd be called one of the best strikers in league by every man jack on the board. Who disagree fooling themselves  :devil:

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 16, 2008, 08:05:49 AM »

Thanks, Okay. Could you sign my photo now? I've always wanted your autograph

Yeah, thats right I can see you. Your the guy holding the camera

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 16, 2008, 09:42:21 AM »
Adebayooorrr Adebayooorrrrr ******************************************************

cant fill out the rest.... its a spurs chant...

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 16, 2008, 09:44:54 AM »
Adebayooorrr Adebayooorrrrr ******************************************************

Yeah, it's caused quite a stir. Even complaints of Racism have been made by non-Arsenal away fans at White hart Lane.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 16, 2008, 09:46:53 AM »

Yeah, it's caused quite a stir. Even complaints of Racism have been made by non-Arsenal away fans at White hart Lane.

yeah its a bit harsh...

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 17, 2008, 03:22:45 PM »

yeah its a bit harsh...

forgive my ignorance but whats the rest of the chant and why is it racist?

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 17, 2008, 03:39:09 PM »

yeah its a bit harsh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AAtXe8lDOs

giggsy11

« Reply #224 on: April 17, 2008, 03:48:02 PM »

yeah its a bit harsh...

It's f^cking stupid to say the least.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 17, 2008, 03:51:07 PM »

yeah its a bit harsh...

The way you carry on among others about Arsenal I thought you would in embrace and be in awe of such a song LMAO
Anyway even if your not I've come across African and non-African Tottenham and Man Utd fans who are LOL *SMH*

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 17, 2008, 05:13:20 PM »

What carib you and all sayin hes good?

ill sign that for you when you see the light

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 17, 2008, 05:55:13 PM »

how can you say that it's not fair to say he has no right near an EPL team..but then state as fact that he is shit. which one is it? In any case, you can make your opinion without trying to make yourself feel like you're the only one who knows football. I do think Adebayor has his flaws, but I think his all round game and the goals he scored make him a better player than Fli believes. It's all relative. I haven't heard anyone say he's the best striker in the EPL. Just some us don't think he is a complete waste. As for who knows about football..if you know as much as you seem to think you do..you might be able to answer some of the elementary questions you asked and realize that many of the answers actually weaken your argument. and some of your questions are irrelevant..class goals vs tap ins? hahah. What difference does it make? And some tap ins are pure class. But you know about football right? you make fun over those who are armchair supporters who jock over stats and then ask one of the most retarded non-footballing questions one could ask about a striker's ability. In any case, some of just disagree about the guy's all round ability. I also think he is leading Arsenal's line out of necessity... a fit Van Persie is Arsenal's best striker imo..but he has been injured most of the season. But all this stalk is shite and we know it...this simple statement is absolutely irrefutable..If Adebayor was a Trini..he'd be called one of the best strikers in league by every man jack on the board. Who disagree fooling themselves  :devil:

Well maybe u didn't get the joke in there about Derby or Chelsea. But i don't understand what you mean about weakening my argument and asking a retarded question. The point I was making is a striker can have many goals handed to him on a plate also a striker can play shit all game then score a 94th minute tap in when his team has already won, yes helps your confidence but when it was time to make a difference you didn't. And thats also what i meant by the armchair and jocking over stats. for instance 1 striker could score 15 goals in a season. goals while his team are 3-0 up while there 3-0 etc all his goals may never really add to results or the morale of the team as well as him playing shit throughout while another striker can come up with those goals when they are needed and score only 7 but those 7 could all be vital, like how stern john did in the latter part of qualifying. Now the armchair jockers would say the fella with 20 is amazing without actually knowing who the truly better striker was. Also sorry for sounding like I was implying that I had superior knowledge of football, just I heard a couple people recently saying how good he is etc and I couldn't disagree more  :beermug:

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 17, 2008, 06:15:21 PM »

What carib you and all sayin hes good?

ill sign that for you when you see the light
Sign you and your camera? No thanks rudeboy.
Nope but I think you going like you've played in the premier league was a bit of overstatement about yourself.

I'm certain he's better than you so it would be advisable to put this ''never played the game talk'' to one side.

Adebayor is a good player, I never said he was world class but your going on as if to say coaches said ''okay, lads have a great game and don't bother with that big black lad upfront emmanuel, he can't do shit!''.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 17, 2008, 06:21:10 PM »
''And you probably are an armchair supporter jocks their prick over stats''
 Pioneer Trini. I'm also glad you mentioned this point if he was Trinidadian or Tobagoanian and you debate what I am about to say you are one of the biggest liars ever to sign on to the forum.

Like Filho said if this guy was a Trinibago he would be a GENERAL playing for Arsenal scoring 20+ goals this thread would be TRIPLE the amount of pages fulled with positvity.

giggsy11

« Reply #230 on: April 17, 2008, 09:22:23 PM »

yeah its a bit harsh...

The way you carry on among others about Arsenal I thought you would in embrace and be in awe of such a song LMAO
Anyway even if your not I've come across African and non-African Tottenham and Man Utd fans who are LOL *SMH*

Hey I may have said sh!te about Arsenal but it never gets personal.  That stuff crossed a lot of lines and is tasteless. Sometimes people forget that it is only a game and these players are still fellow human beings whether they play for a side you like or don't like.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 18, 2008, 06:49:23 AM »
 Pioneer Trini. I'm also glad you mentioned this point if he was Trinidadian or Tobagoanian and you debate what I am about to say you are one of the biggest liars ever to sign on to the forum.

Like Filho said if this guy was a Trinibago he would be a GENERAL playing for Arsenal scoring 20+ goals this thread would be TRIPLE the amount of pages fulled with positvity.

If my auntie had bollocks she'd be my uncle  ;D

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 18, 2008, 11:41:53 AM »

Well maybe u didn't get the joke in there about Derby or Chelsea. But i don't understand what you mean about weakening my argument and asking a retarded question. The point I was making is a striker can have many goals handed to him on a plate also a striker can play shit all game then score a 94th minute tap in when his team has already won, yes helps your confidence but when it was time to make a difference you didn't. And thats also what i meant by the armchair and jocking over stats. for instance 1 striker could score 15 goals in a season. goals while his team are 3-0 up while there 3-0 etc all his goals may never really add to results or the morale of the team as well as him playing shit throughout while another striker can come up with those goals when they are needed and score only 7 but those 7 could all be vital, like how stern john did in the latter part of qualifying. Now the armchair jockers would say the fella with 20 is amazing without actually knowing who the truly better striker was. Also sorry for sounding like I was implying that I had superior knowledge of football, just I heard a couple people recently saying how good he is etc and I couldn't disagree more  :beermug:

Pioneer..I got the Cheslea joke  :devil: And you asked many questions. One of which was whether he scored class goals or tap ins? The question about importance or timing of goals was separate. I was referring to the first. My two points there is that they all count and 20 tap ins are worth more than 15 spectacular finishes, all things being equal. Having said that, my second pint is that Adebayor has scored a few exceptional goals as well. But a johnny on the spot striker is valuable and rarer than most realize. Henry was not good enough at heading the ball, and scoring the scrappy goals...two things Adebayor brings to the table.

I understand your point about some goals being more important than others. For someone who has such a strong opinion on the man from Togo, you'd think you'd know that he's scored some crucial goals. In any case, even without looking at a game or any stats, it would be hugely unlikely that a man who scored 20 + goals scored mostly inconsequantial goals after the game is wrapped up.

Does he miss too much..dunno. All strikers miss more than they score..but you tend to forgive the ones you like and notice the ones you don't. Maybe you can fault him for being inefficient, but that's subjective. In any case he puts himself about and scores. I agree he doen's look the finished article but he's not the reason Arsenal aren't winning games now imo. He has played mostly as a lone striker in a depleted forward line and must be exhausted but he has pulled himself out of a personal slump to score 4 goals in his last 5 games in the league and the CL..and each goal either earned Arsenal points, or put Arsenal in a position to win the tie, but other parts of the team didn't pull through.

Adebayor is a good pro imo. Others think he is shite. Cool ting. we can't all agree on these things but I said it twice, I'll say it again..if he was Trini there would be a dozen threads hailing him as a big big striker.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 18, 2008, 05:03:39 PM »

If my auntie had bollocks she'd be my uncle  ;D

but you told us last time she I mean he I mean she I mean he she he she he *sigh* Your relation has bollocks bottom line. :devil:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 05:23:12 PM by Carib-Briton »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 18, 2008, 06:04:00 PM »
STILL!!!!!!!
lmao@this thread
 ;D
the man is third highest scorer
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 19, 2008, 11:09:52 AM »
shittong score again oui..what an absolute waste this guy is  :devil:

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 19, 2008, 12:38:54 PM »

Mediocre player scored against a less than mediocre side.

Unlike many on this board (comment not aimed at you Filho) who just pull up the skysports website to see the scoreline and then based on that feel that they're qualified to comment, I actually watch these games in their entirety..

Reading are 1 point above the relegation zone, tied jointly with Bolton. Their season is in damage control. They had a horrific game and their performance was at best mid table championship. 

The Sh*thound was taken off around the 73rd minute. At that time Arsenal had 15 attempts on target and Reading had..........1!  Law of probability would show that something must fall in. Gilberto and all score his 1st premiership goal of the season!! (albeit from a deflection)

Arsenal play relegated, 11 pt Derby next week. So if the sh*thound scores against them, are we to believe that  that exhibits his premiership quality ?  :-\
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 12:44:24 PM by FLi ! »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 19, 2008, 12:43:35 PM »
look Tevez score against blackburn...so he is a shithound also
FLi !........you is de best ;D ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 19, 2008, 12:46:18 PM »
look Tevez score against blackburn...so he is a shithound also
FLi !........you is de best ;D ;D

again, i just finished watching this game on Setanta. Blackburn played a real good game. (Brad Friedel is a BOSS!) They llost that point cuz they concede from a set piece and the defence switched off. They were absorbing too much pressure though and Utd always looked like they were gonna score.

Blackburn is not no mediocre team. They're in 8th place, pushing for a UEFA cup spot!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 19, 2008, 12:46:57 PM »

Championship player scored against a Championship side.

Unlike many on this board (comment not aimed at you Filho) who just pull up the skysports website to see the scoreline and then based on that feel that they're qualified to comment, I actually watch these games in their entirety..

Reading are 1 point above the relegation zone, tied jointly with Bolton. Their season is in damage control. They had a horrific game and their performance was at best mid table championship. 

The Sh*thound was taken off around the 73rd minute. At that time Arsenal had 15 attempts on target and Reading had..........1!  Law of probability would show that something must fall in. Gilberto and all score his 1st premiership goal of the season!! (albeit from a deflection)

Arsenal play relegated, 11 pt Derby next week. So if the sh*thound scores against them, are we to believe that  that exhibits his premiership quality ?  :-\

Is Kenwyne a Premiership player or a 'Championship' player?

1]; } ?>