April 26, 2024, 06:11:04 PM

Author Topic: Allyuh feel Lawrence was right????  (Read 4849 times)

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyuh feel Lawrence was right????
« on: August 19, 2005, 09:58:32 PM »
 Ah ha to say dat as a defender one have to expect to hold ah  few send offs under dey belt.

Cause if you call yourself ah defender u have to be prepared to pull ah man shirt and pants to save face for ur team is all about sacrifice.

In my view Lawrence did de right ting by fouling Donovan on de night. If he didn't do that it might have been two nill by then better he get send off  giving de team ah chance to stay in de match and fight for a point than to concede another goal .

Leh meh just say that Jack make up in de end for his indecisiveness in conceding that goal by pulling off some brilliant saves to the end .
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 12:39:07 PM by Tallman »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: Allyuh feel Lawrence was right????
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 10:05:59 PM »
he was right oui! DAMN RIGHT!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 10:22:05 PM »
Dat was ah boss play. A professional foul was warranted and he did not hesitate to sacrifice himself.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 10:48:00 PM »
but tall man that should have been a yellow in my opinion london throw huim self on the ground
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 12:56:24 AM »
but tall man that should have been a yellow in my opinion london throw huim self on the ground

I actually agree with triniman... Tallman didn't even get a good grip and to me donovan throw back ah elbow

Also Marcelo Balboa commentating say it should not have been a red from what I hear
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 07:05:01 AM »
Its a pity that back in '89 in dat game against de US dey did'nt have dis professional foul ting,because half of de American team would have been of de field for holding back our players especially Leonson Lewis and all de damn referee was doing was waving play on.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2005, 07:39:24 AM »
A red card was the correct call as He was the last man ... The Ref had no choice.. those are the rules.!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2005, 07:55:22 AM »
Also Marcelo Balboa commentating say it should not have been a red from what I hear

I was surprised to hear Balboa say that since it was a clear sending off offence. I was just glad that he did it outside the box.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Spot on JDB
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2005, 08:53:45 AM »
Had to do it.
Good call.
And he did it outside the box too, that was very good and fast thinking under pressure.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2005, 09:12:31 AM »
I think personally it did'nt deserve a sending off,I have seen worse fouls that only got the player a yellow card,but then again that's my opinion,yuh see some referees manage games differently,but ah think we missing the point here lawrence in my book is ah first class defender who most of the time is steady and grounded when the going gets tough but if we going to adopt that constant back passing type ah game of which I counted about 40, that's a recipe for disaster,don't forget it's an unnecessary back pass that cause the problem in the first place when the wing-back had ample time to control and make a forward pass to either a striker or midfielder he opted to do the opposite,I have noticed within the last decade or so that most trini defenders pass on the responsibilty to other players when the pressure is on ultimately resulting in chaos it's as if they lack confidence in themselves.

peace & love trini forever.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 01:06:51 PM by saga pinto »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A photo of Lawrence's foul
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2005, 12:41:55 PM »
I actually agree with triniman... Tallman didn't even get a good grip and to me donovan throw back ah elbow

« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 01:30:51 PM by Tallman »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2005, 12:56:55 PM »
Ah tink yuh have to consider de angle de ref see tings from. I jes see a replay and to me it look like a clear case - Tallest hold back de man from a clear run through to goal - red card.

However, watching de pictures Tallman post, is like FF say, he eh even get a good grip, not dat he hand supposed to be where it was. But when yuh check where de referee coming from, he cyah tell what kinda grip de man had, but in dat position he have to call it.

All respect to Tallest though because he do what he had to do.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2005, 01:13:01 PM »
Is is better to come back from a possible two goals down with 11 men or is it better to come back from a goal down with 10?

I am one for de professional foul, but in this case i would have prefered to have 11 men on de field and more importantly denis lawrence in de game against guatemala!

It would have been understandable if de score was 0-0 and there were only ten minutes left in the game but in a case as in wednesday, i would have prefered if he didnt get sent off!

just my view
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Check out de effort Lawrence was making
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2005, 01:25:03 PM »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2005, 02:35:40 PM »
Is is better to come back from a possible two goals down with 11 men or is it better to come back from a goal down with 10?

I am one for de professional foul, but in this case i would have prefered to have 11 men on de field and more importantly denis lawrence in de game against guatemala!

It would have been understandable if de score was 0-0 and there were only ten minutes left in the game but in a case as in wednesday, i would have prefered if he didnt get sent off!

just my view

I was also thinking that Tallman was ketching him and if he had wait two more strides he coulda pounce him instead of grabbing him.... but then again de penalty box was coming up quick... so if he had to act he had to act right at that moment....good decision in the heat of the moment
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2005, 02:52:37 PM »
....good decision in the heat of the moment

Agreed.  Sacrificed himself for the best of the team.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2005, 08:18:54 PM »
If it is ah foul by the last man it is an instant red card .
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2005, 10:17:32 PM »
Lawrence also gave us a new midfield general and two new starting strikers with that play.   I hope.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2005, 10:46:58 AM »
Lawrence also gave us a new midfield general and two new starting strikers with that play.   I hope.

Ah like that! :)
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2005, 10:54:51 AM »

Yeah Yeah.  Turning a negative into a positive.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

1]; } ?>