April 29, 2024, 04:52:17 AM

Author Topic: London is the place fuh me  (Read 11409 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: London is the place fuh me
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 06:33:16 AM »
I was talking to my mom about her trip to London on a ship (SS Antilles I think) in 1960

She and Dad went to study and came back to T&T in 1961

The flim clip shows most in suit and tie  .. .that was how one dressed when dey traveled back den.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 06:48:47 AM »
based on what i see of mih grandfather wadrobe, i think suit and tie was everyday clothes back then...with a hat.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 06:54:10 AM »
I was talking to my mom about her trip to London on a ship (SS Antilles I think) in 1960
She and Dad went to study and came back to T&T in 1961
The flim clip shows most in suit and tie  .. .that was how one dressed when dey traveled back den.
yeah we have a picture of my brother in he suit......... lookin real jokey :D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 07:18:50 AM »
allyuh probably right - suit and tie was de order of de day back den

maybe dat is why all de chirren to day so delinquent . .we eh dressing proper and with respect ...  ;)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 09:01:47 AM »
Well people i love the kitchener song it sweet to bad .... kitchener arrived on the windrush in 1947.... its was hard time back then

Oh yes and them people used to "deck off"  :devil: back then
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 09:04:45 AM »
Well people i love the kitchener song it sweet to bad .... kitchener arrived on the windrush in 1947.... its was hard time back then

haul yuh canadian backside..what de arse you know about decking off...yuh baggu shorts jockey shorts showing rison in-mate wanna be

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 09:05:18 AM »
Well that is my daily attire here what does that say  ???
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 09:07:24 AM »

dat you are probably a very respectful man ... ;D

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 10:11:04 AM »

haul yuh canadian backside..what de arse you know about decking off...yuh baggu shorts jockey shorts showing rison in-mate wanna be

naw naw none ah dat here .... but anyway the song sweet to bad kitch song

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 11:53:34 AM »

naw naw none ah dat here .... but anyway the song sweet to bad kitch song

steups....yuh is ah canadian delinquent..is man like allyuh when allyuh get deported have T&T in all dat crime.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 04:12:09 PM »

That you need to update yuh 1950's suits?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 06:41:12 PM »

That you need to update yuh 1950's suits?

:D :D

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 10:28:39 AM »
I wonder how long that voyage took

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 11:25:23 AM »
I wonder how long that voyage took

Mom thinks is was between 7 and 11 days .. she say it too long ago :D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 08:23:39 PM »
Very good clip....and yeah, I think suit and tie was de order of de day, allyuh ent see de fella who was pongin' de iron when they was talking about them finding wuk fuh people?

But on another note, I was pleasantly surprised by the humanist, almost warm tone of the piece.  Very progressive, especially given the times.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 09:31:36 PM »
It was a documentary bone head. how yuh expect them to portray england, as a hostile place to discourage folks from comming? it's just like ah tourist ad for a tourist island, white sandy beaches with smiling faces every where, we all know that's misleading, they don't show the slums, poverty and the criminal activity in that said island, well the same goes for that doc.

they needed man power to rebuild england after the war, it was in no wise a noble gesture, so don't romanticize about it. i happen to know for a fact that those said ppl was heavily discriminated against and was called all sorts of degrading names like wogs, black face , nignog , the ever famous nigger , mr  blacky , Jacobin's, monkey men  and all sorts of f##kry, plus they were not that welcomed. minorities in england still have it hard today , far more back then. just look up darkus howe on line, he happens to be a journalist and black power activist in england, he's from POS and has lived and schooled in england since the 60ies. his literature would give a more accurate depiction than i ever could.            positive
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 07:13:58 AM »
oh oh ..  de man call B&S a 'bone head'

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2007, 08:11:34 AM »
free speech or chuckin fire?  :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2007, 08:57:09 AM »
free speech or chuckin fire?  :devil:

both? :D

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 11:00:21 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2007, 11:48:45 AM »
It was a documentary bone head. how yuh expect them to portray england, as a hostile place to discourage folks from comming? it's just like ah tourist ad for a tourist island, white sandy beaches with smiling faces every where, we all know that's misleading, they don't show the slums, poverty and the criminal activity in that said island, well the same goes for that doc.

they needed man power to rebuild england after the war, it was in no wise a noble gesture, so don't romanticize about it. i happen to know for a fact that those said ppl was heavily discriminated against and was called all sorts of degrading names like wogs, black face , nignog , the ever famous nigger , mr  blacky , Jacobin's, monkey men  and all sorts of f##kry, plus they were not that welcomed. minorities in england still have it hard today , far more back then. just look up darkus howe on line, he happens to be a journalist and black power activist in england, he's from POS and has lived and schooled in england since the 60ies. his literature would give a more accurate depiction than i ever could.            positive

The irony of a dunce like you calling me a bonehead...ah man who couldn't spell CAT even if yuh tell him it start with C and A.  The same dunce who once famously referred to his own kids as 'mongrels'.

If you notice there was an undercurrent of xenophobia expressed in the clip, with some officials worried (and you can't blame them) about the influx of West Indians into their community.  Many of these immigrants were bringing with them few skills and little education, which means that they were coming into the working or 'blue collar' class.  If jobs couldn't be found for them they would have to go on the 'dole'...which was expressedly stated in the piece.  Maybe you don't know what the 'dole' is.

Contrary to what you assert, there was no shortage of laborers in the UK following WWII, not when you had poor lads from Ireland, Scotland and Wales eager to find employment in England...if anything the West Indian laborers would be in competition with them.  Laborers aside, what of the women and the children...you think is only men coming over?  I doh need to go look up no 'Darkus Howe' to hear how racist England was at that time...there are many others who have eloquently indicated what the environment was.  If you were following closely you would have seen that I also alluded to that, it could have been entirely too easy for the documentary to similar take this xenophobic course, instead they spoke of these West Indians as 'British citizens' and spoke of them having a right to live and work in England like any others, and that they were England's responsibility.  That is what I said was 'progressive'.

But of course you just too preocupied with your fight agains the white devils (the same "devils" you consorting with I might add) to let rational thought anywhere near your fragile mind.  I could go on further to illustrate the short comings in your argument, but my sense is that I'd only be wasting my time.  Your children being mongrels, one can only assume that they were sired by ah mutt, and that being the case I know better than to argue with pothounds.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2007, 11:50:31 AM »
doh worry Peong...I peep dat since last night but was too tie up with what ah was supposed tuh be doing tuh bother respond then.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2007, 01:14:13 PM »

The irony of a dunce like you calling me a bonehead...ah man who couldn't spell CAT even if yuh tell him it start with C and A.  The same dunce who once famously referred to his own kids as 'mongrels'.

If you notice there was an undercurrent of xenophobia expressed in the clip, with some officials worried (and you can't blame them) about the influx of West Indians into their community.  Many of these immigrants were bringing with them few skills and little education, which means that they were coming into the working or 'blue collar' class.  If jobs couldn't be found for them they would have to go on the 'dole'...which was expressedly stated in the piece.  Maybe you don't know what the 'dole' is.

Contrary to what you assert, there was no shortage of laborers in the UK following WWII, not when you had poor lads from Ireland, Scotland and Wales eager to find employment in England...if anything the West Indian laborers would be in competition with them.  Laborers aside, what of the women and the children...you think is only men coming over?  I doh need to go look up no 'Darkus Howe' to hear how racist England was at that time...there are many others who have eloquently indicated what the environment was.  If you were following closely you would have seen that I also alluded to that, it could have been entirely too easy for the documentary to similar take this xenophobic course, instead they spoke of these West Indians as 'British citizens' and spoke of them having a right to live and work in England like any others, and that they were England's responsibility.  That is what I said was 'progressive'.

But of course you just too preocupied with your fight agains the white devils (the same "devils" you consorting with I might add) to let rational thought anywhere near your fragile mind.  I could go on further to illustrate the short comings in your argument, but my sense is that I'd only be wasting my time.  Your children being mongrels, one can only assume that they were sired by ah mutt, and that being the case I know better than to argue with pothounds.
I wasn't even referring to you guy, but since yuh like the cap and it fit yuh so well, wear it !!!!! and since ah know how yuh really feel about me i'll keep my distance. what you're spurring is mare words with your childish insults bout literacy, yuh think i give a shit what you say, hell no !!! you is a little boy and it shows in the way you confront and deal with ppl, no grown man with a grown up disposition does talk to folks with such indignance and malice. the reality is you don't know me and whatever you may assume about me only goes in the drain, i have to be a fool to take you seriously, and like i said before and i'll say it again , you are a low life with no class whatsoever , and not even all the eloquent phrases in the world could save you from who you are, BC it comes out with very little to no provocation at all, which is indicative of a real evil foul mouth, disrespectful, unkind, spiteful, disruptive, mean-spirited, confrontational, badminded, crude, grudging, cynical, heartless, judgemental, unapologetic, hateful, cold hearted, offensive, rotten to the core human being.  in respect to my children, how low does one have to be to bring a man's family into a simple discussion to win ah argument on line, anyone with an ounce of self respect will not resort to that kind of common behavior to prove a point, regardless as to how insulted they may have felt. i'm not even gonna waste time like other brothers on this board arguing back and forth with the likes of you, go in peace my friend, later for all that nonsense. you have no shame and void of any decency.         
        unnecessary controntation is an evil way.                 peace.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 07:55:13 PM by just cool »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 01:18:54 PM »
look back..

ah want to borrow that basket when yuh done with it eh..

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007, 02:25:57 PM »
look back..

ah want to borrow that basket when yuh done with it eh..

just let meh know when ...btw .. i slow today .. what basket yuh talking bout?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 02:27:37 PM »
doh worry Peong...I peep dat since last night but was too tie up with what ah was supposed tuh be doing tuh bother respond then.

Peong??? is pecan aka look back ..... bonehead :devil:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 02:29:19 PM »
this one....

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2007, 02:31:48 PM »
this one....

i done ... all your now  ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2007, 08:10:58 AM »
I wasn't even referring to you guy, but since yuh like the cap and it fit yuh so well, wear it !!!!!

You could really do better than to try and pretend yuh wasn't referring to me...seeing that every single comment besides mine was limited to the shirt and tie man was wearing back then.  Exactly which of the other 'boneheads' yuh was referring to?  Nobody else touched on the social climate but yours truly...so who exactly are you accusing of romanticizing the times?

and since ah know how yuh really feel about me i'll keep my distance.

lol, you acting like me and you is used tuh pitch marbles or something, 'bout "how I really feel about [you]".  Not you who once tell me 'bout man will make mih suck on cold steel or some kinda badjohn talk so? You kicksy yes.  I feel no particular way about you fella, you flatter yuhself to think I spend anytime at all thinking about you.

what you're spurring is mare words with your childish insults bout literacy, yuh think i give a shit what you say, hell no !!! you is a little boy and it shows in the way you confront and deal with ppl, no grown man with a grown up disposition does talk to folks with such indignance and malice.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=31760.msg366433#msg366433

I take it that yuh looking fuh company in de sandbox den...eh li'l boy?

the reality is you don't know me and whatever you may assume about me only goes in the drain, i have to be a fool to take you seriously, and like i said before and i'll say it again , you are a low life with no class whatsoever , and not even all the eloquent phrases in the world could save you from who you are, BC it comes out with very little to no provocation at all, which is indicative of a real evil foul mouth, disrespectful, unkind, spiteful, disruptive, mean-spirited, confrontational, badminded, crude, grudging, cynical, heartless, judgemental, unapologetic, hateful, cold hearted, offensive, rotten to the core human being.

Damn...all dat.  I tort we was boys?  Ah guess now ah know how yuh really feel about mih.

in respect to my children, how low does one have to be to bring a man's family into a simple discussion to win ah argument on line, anyone with an ounce of self respect will not resort to that kind of common behavior to prove a point, regardless as to how insulted they may have felt.

Me ent bring yuh chirren into nutten, you did.  I simply evoke your very own words to illustrate your mindset.

i'm not even gonna waste time like other brothers on this board arguing back and forth with the likes of you, go in peace my friend, later for all that nonsense. you have no shame and void of any decency.         
        unnecessary controntation is an evil way.                 peace.

Yes iyah, shake off Satan.  Forward ever.

1]; } ?>