June 16, 2024, 01:29:12 AM

Author Topic: SWP return to City?  (Read 2114 times)

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
SWP return to City?
« on: October 25, 2007, 10:17:39 PM »
26/10/2007 05:18
Goal.com

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=458967

Sven Opens Door For Possible SWP Return

Manchester City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson would have no qualms about welcoming Shaun Wight-Phillips back to the City of Manchester Stadium.

Eriksson has offered a lifeline to prodigal Manchester City son Shaun Wright-Phillips, who is once again unsettled at Stamford Bridge.

The winger seemed to have finally worked his way into Jose Mourinho's plans after two seasons on the bench, but the Portuguese's exit has resulted in him falling down the pecking order again.

The misery was complete when he was left out of Chelsea squad for Wednesday's home clash against Schalke, something that has supposedly triggered the player's desire to move.

Eriksson insists that should the 25-year-old be willing to return and play a part in Manchester City's renaissance, he would be happy to welcome him.

"If Shaun Wright-Phillips wants to come back here, I would personally open the gate for him tomorrow," said the Swede. "Absolutely.

"I won't pay his salary myself but I will open the gate, of course. But I have no idea if it is possible or not."

Should Chelsea be willing, as they well might if the player is not a part of Avram Grant's plans, it well might be possible given Thaksin Shinawatra's cash injection.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: SWP return to City?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 10:46:31 PM »
Football is all about the right fit nowadays.  De man finally justifying why Chelsea bought him and now a new sheriff in town ain't seem to be too hot about him.  If he go back to City, they really going to be a contender.  Rumor is that Erickson say he needs two more high calibre players to complete his roster.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 08:37:05 AM »
I still fail to see the value of this player he is a winger but he cyah cross the ball he have real pace but he's a dunce ...he cyah dribble.....he's one of the most overrated players in the premiership and managers have given him chances.......and its mainly for one thing ...the pace and  people know all about that until he starts to learn the game more ...he'll continue to be ineffective......

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 08:41:54 AM »
I still fail to see the value of this player he is a winger but he cyah cross the ball he have real pace but he's a dunce ...he cyah dribble.....he's one of the most overrated players in the premiership and managers have given him chances.......and its mainly for one thing ...the pace and  people know all about that until he starts to learn the game more ...he'll continue to be ineffective......

What chances?
At Man City he was de man, and at Chelsea he hardly get a run.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 08:44:21 AM »
Ngozi wat football you does b watching....for the duration of mourinho period this season  SWP WAS THE HOTTEST PLAYER IN THE CHELSEA SQUAD IF NOT ONE OF THE HOTTEST IN THE PREM......all his england contemporaries said it themselves and look what he doign for england

he is a man who has a confidence issue and once he can work back up the conifdence to impress grant then what you think will happen?

Beckham is a winger who doh have pace but he could cross....and robben is a winger who have pace for days but love to dribble into the box

the man offers a good variation of either when he is on form and a probable goal at that.

whatever ur criticism of the man learning the game isnt his cause for innefective ness because he showed at city he can play effectively...its applying his ability and knowledge to teh field day in day out that should be his major criticism.

last two england squads i looked at i think i saw him in the pecking order over lennon...and even forced joe cole to a place on teh left side of the english team all teh while knocking in a couple good goals

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 09:41:55 AM »
I agree somewhat... De man have real pace and dribbling skils, but most of his hard resuls in nothing.. I see de man beats through 3 defenders and them make a sh!t cross...Over and over and over again

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 10:41:19 AM »
I wonder why Abramovich doesn't place more of a leash on Grant. Ordinarily I am no advocate of an owner 'interfering' like that but given that's Grant's mandate is no mandate ... why would I want him tinkering with the proceedings .... ?

Breakdown of the clash available here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7054064.stm

I find myself in the odd position of backing Sven on this one.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 12:30:55 PM »

:applause: :applause: :applause: For real....a real shadow of his Father...

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 04:58:14 PM »
Ngozi wat football you does b watching....for the duration of mourinho period this season  SWP WAS THE HOTTEST PLAYER IN THE CHELSEA SQUAD IF NOT ONE OF THE HOTTEST IN THE PREM......all his england contemporaries said it themselves and look what he doign for england

he is a man who has a confidence issue and once he can work back up the conifdence to impress grant then what you think will happen?

Beckham is a winger who doh have pace but he could cross....and robben is a winger who have pace for days but love to dribble into the box

the man offers a good variation of either when he is on form and a probable goal at that.

whatever ur criticism of the man learning the game isnt his cause for innefective ness because he showed at city he can play effectively...its applying his ability and knowledge to teh field day in day out that should be his major criticism.

last two england squads i looked at i think i saw him in the pecking order over lennon...and even forced joe cole to a place on teh left side of the english team all teh while knocking in a couple good goals

But ey eh look at you getting hot and bothered....the only reason he make in front lennon is because lennon was injured homes...and he was not the hottest thing in chelsea ....what football you watching ? He have real pace but being active is different from being effective ..his crosses were either over hit or blocked or he either shot well wide .with his shots ..this confidence thing has been going on with him for too long look how lennon come and pass him because of that.....he was the hottest thing at man city but to play international ball you have to be able to do it against the best and sadly he has proven that he cannot on a consistent basis....he need latas to teach him a lil ball slow he body down to catch up with he brain because he game doh involve thinking
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 06:10:39 PM by Ngozi »

1]; } ?>