March 29, 2024, 02:18:12 AM

Author Topic: Captain Burrell could bring back Simoes  (Read 11685 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Captain Burrell could bring back Simoes
« on: October 26, 2007, 06:27:38 AM »
Thursday, 25 October 2007 

http://www.radiojamaica.com/content/view/2389/48/

RJR Sports understands that Rene Simoes, the Brazilian who coached Jamaica's Reggae Boyz to the 1998 World Cup finals, could be back at the helm of the national programme following the confirmation of Captain Horace Burrell as president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF).

Burrell is the only nominee to replace Crenston Boxhill as president at the November 4th JFF congress.

There is news that Simoes, who also guided Brazil's soccer team to a silver medal at the 2004 summer Olympics, has also put his hat into the ring to become the Bermuda Football Association's technical director.

Current technical director, Bora Milutinovic, is in his first year of a three year contract with the JFF, but he has been at the receiving end of much criticism, as the Reggae Boyz, mainly due to inactivity, have plummeted to 103, their lowest 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Captain Burrell could bring back Simoes
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 06:33:11 AM »
bring back BRITZ
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 08:13:06 AM »
Why is it that T&T and Jamaican reporters keep referring to the game as soccer...

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 08:36:00 AM »
bring back BRITZ
Bring more TRINI BRITZ. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
jjbrown

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 08:40:50 AM »
bring back BRITZ
allya have de Caribbean Franchise fa dat ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 09:34:06 AM »
bring back BRITZ
allya have de Caribbean Franchise fa dat ;)
Yep! Even in cricket. Jamaica holds the Caribbean franchise, but the foreign-born Reggae Boyz have Jamaican blood flowing through their veins. Unlike the USA who has foreign immigrants playing for the US football team e.g. Freddie Adu etc. So is Brazilian-born Eduardo Silva who plays for Croatia.
Do you need more examples or a reminder that Trinis jump for joy when foreign-born Chris Birchell scored the equalising goal for T&T against Bahrain.
jjbrown

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 09:43:24 AM »
Yes... I jump up like it is carnival. But that is 1 player... Not like 11 for Jca

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 09:48:40 AM »
Unlike the USA who has foreign immigrants playing for the US football team e.g. Freddie Adu etc. So is Brazilian-born Eduardo Silva who plays for Croatia.
really do you or I really care bout this ;)

Do you need more examples or a reminder that Trinis jump for joy when foreign-born Chris Birchell scored the equalising goal for T&T against Bahrain.
yeah, it felt like we jez beat de Ragga Britz. :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 10:26:05 AM »
I can't see that bringing back Simoes would be a progressive move. It certainly would be nostalgic, but not necessarily progressive.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 10:37:03 AM »
Yes... I jump up like it is carnival. But that is 1 player... Not like 11 for Jca
Numbers don't matter. And Trinis should stop being hyprocites. When Jamaica used an-all local Reggae Boyz squad in the 2005 Digicel Cup T&T had a naturalized Brazilian-born player on their squad.
That alone tells me that T&T had initiated a plan to get foreign players anywhere they could, including those with some Trini blood. This after T&T saw the Reggae Boyz qualify for France '98.  
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 10:42:42 AM »
Unlike the USA who has foreign immigrants playing for the US football team e.g. Freddie Adu etc. So is Brazilian-born Eduardo Silva who plays for Croatia.
really do you or I really care bout this ;)

yeah, it felt like we jez beat de Ragga Britz. :devil:
As long as Trinis bring up this obsession about Reggae Britz I will keep responding.
Really! When did T&T beat the Reggae Britz. And make a list of the players roster and their country of birth when you do it. ???
jjbrown

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 10:48:27 AM »
... and some squads have naturalised Trinis on dem and so on and so on ... let's get over it.

In any event 2099 ... Seabra couldn't have been naturalised in 2005 because as you well know ... he didn't then and possibly still does not possess TT citizenship

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 11:16:08 AM »
... and some squads have naturalised Trinis on dem and so on and so on ... let's get over it.

In any event 2099 ... Seabra couldn't have been naturalised in 2005 because as you well know ... he didn't then and possibly still does not possess TT citizenship
I did not say when Seabra was naturalised. However why was Seabra playing in the 2005 Digicel Cup on the T&T National Football team against the Reggae Boyz?
And I have the tape of the entire match.
jjbrown

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 11:22:28 AM »
dem pussyhole dem is sum serious c**t round this site!!!!!!!! So whats wrong if a man Born Fareign and want to play for his parents country?  Big Up mi Jamaican people dem for standing firm and representing there country unlike Dem pussyhole Trini's who waiting for England to call dem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when de white boy score against Bahrain allyuh could suck he totie so shut tuh f**k up bout reggae Britz,  a tiad wid allyuh dumb ass slogan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Warmonga
Black Lives Matter..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 12:13:27 PM »

I did not say when Seabra was naturalised. However why was Seabra playing in the 2005 Digicel Cup on the T&T National Football team against the Reggae Boyz?

These are your words:
When Jamaica used an-all local Reggae Boyz squad in the 2005 Digicel Cup T&T had a naturalized Brazilian-born player on their squad.

My point is he wasn't naturalised then or before or I'm fairly sure ... not even at the time of writing this. However you want to flex it, you're asserting that he was then a naturalised player. He wasn't.

As to why he played under our flag then?   You already know the answer to that. There's prior discussion on the forum to suggest that you do.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 01:43:07 PM »

These are your words:
When Jamaica used an-all local Reggae Boyz squad in the 2005 Digicel Cup T&T had a naturalized Brazilian-born player on their squad.

My point is he wasn't naturalised then or before or I'm fairly sure ... not even at the time of writing this. However you want to flex it, you're asserting that he was then a naturalised player. He wasn't.

As to why he played under our flag then?   You already know the answer to that. There's prior discussion on the forum to suggest that you do.

Unless one of more of your newspaper was lying at the time I have to believe that's the reason why Seabra was playing for T&T at the time.

jjbrown

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 01:56:28 PM »
You can be so conveniently obtuse ...  ;D

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 02:02:05 PM »

RJR Sports understands that Rene Simoes, the Brazilian who coached Jamaica's Reggae Boyz to the 1998 World Cup finals, could be back at the helm of the national programme following the confirmation of Captain Horace Burrell as president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF).

Burrell is the only nominee to replace Crenston Boxhill as president at the November 4th JFF congress.

There is news that Simoes, who also guided Brazil's soccer team to a silver medal at the 2004 summer Olympics, has also put his hat into the ring to become the Bermuda Football Association's technical director.

Current technical director, Bora Milutinovic, is in his first year of a three year contract with the JFF, but he has been at the receiving end of much criticism, as the Reggae Boyz, mainly due to inactivity, have plummeted to 103, their lowest 

That would be a good move for JA. He seems a good coach and already knows the JA culture
Reporter needs to mention that Olympic Silver in 2004 was with Brazil Women's team. Very good achievement, but misleading statement nonetheless.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 02:24:39 PM »
And I thought the rumour was that the Bahamian natl team coach was being pursued by the JFF

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 02:27:51 PM »
dem pussyhole dem is sum serious c**t round this site!!!!!!!! So whats wrong if a man Born Fareign and want to play for his parents country?  Big Up mi Jamaican people dem for standing firm and representing there country unlike Dem pussyhole Trini's who waiting for England to call dem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when de white boy score against Bahrain allyuh could suck he totie so shut tuh f**k up bout reggae Britz,  a tiad wid allyuh dumb ass slogan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Warmonga

Big post sah!....tell dem...."h'expound" yuh intahleect on we!  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2007, 03:07:46 PM »

the Reggae Boyz, mainly due to inactivity shitty performances, have plummeted to 103, their lowest 

I detest misleading journalism ;D
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2007, 03:48:26 PM »
SEND MORE BRITZ....SEND MORE BRITZ    ( said in a Zombie like voice)
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2007, 03:58:01 PM »
You can be so conveniently obtuse ...  ;D
That's me. ;D Leaving no stone unturned.
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2007, 04:03:24 PM »
SEND MORE BRITZ....SEND MORE BRITZ    ( said in a Zombie like voice)
THEY NEED TRINI BRITZ.....THEY NEED TRINI BRITZ :devil: :rotfl: :rotfl: 
jjbrown

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2007, 04:25:51 PM »
Seabra was refused TT citizenship on application,the explanation was that thousands of others would want to do the same.I am sure though that Jamaica would have given him a useless Jam PASSPORT.Haven't Jamaica just given a Nicaraguan footballer a Passport.Jamaica would constantly look for Brits because they cannot produce footballers,yes we have Birchill but he showed interest in playing for us.Its different with Jamaica,they actively go out looking for Brits or any other foreigners they can find..I am amazed that you have so much pride about Brits playing for you.TT was cheated out of the 1974 WC,we then almost made it in 90 and eventually made it in 2006,all that with one Brit.Continue to play catch up,everytime allyuh reach within striking distance we go pull away from yuh.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2007, 04:37:02 PM »
dem pussyhole dem is sum serious c**t round this site!!!!!!!! So whats wrong if a man Born Fareign and want to play for his parents country? Big Up mi Jamaican people dem for standing firm and representing there country unlike Dem pussyhole Trini's who waiting for England to call dem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when de white boy score against Bahrain allyuh could suck he totie so shut tuh f**k up bout reggae Britz, a tiad wid allyuh dumb ass slogan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Warmonga
So who u like more trini or jamiaca . Cause this guy is jumbie we ,but yah don t tell him off ,make a stand am confused 1 2 3 Trini Jamiaca USA whats the order breddren  ;D

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2007, 04:59:30 PM »
dem pussyhole dem is sum serious c**t round this site!!!!!!!! So whats wrong if a man Born Fareign and want to play for his parents country? Big Up mi Jamaican people dem for standing firm and representing there country unlike Dem pussyhole Trini's who waiting for England to call dem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when de white boy score against Bahrain allyuh could suck he totie so shut tuh f**k up bout reggae Britz, a tiad wid allyuh dumb ass slogan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Warmonga

Biggest imposter on this site!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2007, 05:15:24 PM »
simple question;

when a jamaican first XI takes the field, what is the spoken language used to communicate? 

jamaican dialect or UK english?

cause i know trinidadian dialect is what is spoken in our first XI.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2007, 05:26:18 PM »
simple question;

when a jamaican first XI takes the field, what is the spoken language used to communicate? 

jamaican dialect or UK english?

cause i know trinidadian dialect is what is spoken in our first XI.

well maybe they would have had to modify it from time to time

I suspect Birchall might have had some trouble with "whamchrispassdemoddacontballnah" during the heat of a game
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2007, 05:54:29 PM »
Seabra was refused TT citizenship on application,the explanation was that thousands of others would want to do the same.I am sure though that Jamaica would have given him a useless Jam PASSPORT.Haven't Jamaica just given a Nicaraguan footballer a Passport.Jamaica would constantly look for Brits because they cannot produce footballers,yes we have Birchill but he showed interest in playing for us.Its different with Jamaica,they actively go out looking for Brits or any other foreigners they can find..I am amazed that you have so much pride about Brits playing for you.TT was cheated out of the 1974 WC,we then almost made it in 90 and eventually made it in 2006,all that with one Brit.Continue to play catch up,everytime allyuh reach within striking distance we go pull away from yuh.
Anyway you Trinis cut it. Seabra played for the T&T national team, but since he failed miserably on the football field T&T dropped him all together.   

#2 Really! Jamaica went looking for Jamaican-parentage British players and not the players sending their resumes or asking the local-based Reggae Boyz to put in a word for them to the JFF. ;D

#3 The Nicaraguan got the passport to play for a Jamaican club, he was not naturalised as a Jamaican citizen like Seabra was for T&T.

#4 You talking to the wrong nation about the 1974 World Cup qualifiers. Complain to the Haitians. And almost qualifying doesn't cut it.

#5 Jamaica does not need to play catch-up since T&T has not improved even with Jamaica being in the football wilderness. T&T were well below par to rise above Jamaica in the 2006 World Cup, the , 2007 Digicel Cup, the 2007 Gold Cup and the U-17 World Cup where your U-17 team conceded more goals in their first two matches than Jamaica's Young Boyz. 
jjbrown

1]; } ?>