April 29, 2024, 04:00:04 AM

Author Topic: Roy Keane/Sunderland questions.  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Roy Keane/Sunderland questions.
« on: October 26, 2007, 10:41:31 AM »
Sorry to bring up this Sunderland thread because I know we have so many, however. .... what do you guys think of these questions.

Q: Roy Keane best signing since he took over at Sunderland.
A: Kenwyne Jones, Carlos Edwards (second) and Craig Gorden (third). Good players, future players and future investments.

Q: Roy Keane most important signing since he took over at Sunderland.
A: Dwight Yorke. Who was responsible for bringing some of the best to Sunderland like Kenwyne Jones, Carlos Edwards and Stern John to the club and taking them into the Premiership. He is also captain and the most experience on the team. Money well spent. He was miss at the West Ham game, Sunderland lack ideas in the final third.

Q: Roy Keane worst signing since he took over at Sunderland.
A: Kieran Richardson, a 6 million dollar pound of shit. Anthony Stokes not doing to well to, but in all fariness he's being played out of position ?

Q: Roy Keane improve player since he took over at Sunderland.
A: Liam Miller (nice touches), Grant Leadbitter, Dickson Etuhu and Nyron Noswrothy.

Q: What type of player do you thing Roy Keane needs to stay up in the Premiership.
A: 2 Solid defenders (Sancho & Lawrence) and an attacking midfield general Russell Latapy. I am dead
serious, these men will help Sunderland, Trini bias aside.

Q: Who do you think will leave Sunderland for a bigger club next season.
A: Kenwyne Jones. If he continues to improve he will be unstoppable, he is an asset to any team especially if its a big club where better players are around him. Imagine Jones at Arsenal or Liverpool... that 4-5-1 at Sunderland isn't a good deal and yet Jones is still scoring or creating goals.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 10:51:26 AM by Sando »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Roy Keane/Sunderland questions.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 02:24:56 PM »
U cannot be serious with that Sancho and Lawrence answer......

What has jones done for everybody to be calling for him to go to Arsenal or manutd or any other big team?

Even if he scores 20 goals this season he still would not be ready for these teams.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 02:49:12 PM »
Trini bias aside.

This is where you went wrong. For the whole post. Ignore it and everything else make sense
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 03:31:56 PM »
A: Kieran Richardson, a 6 million dollar pound of shit.

Unless you judging Richardson value for money on his past performances with other teams, you out of order. The guy was able to play exactly 2 games before being injured in his third appearance (not unlike Carlos as a matter of fact). I don't like him either, but you not giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 03:35:16 PM »
Q: What type of player do you thing Roy Keane needs to stay up in the Premiership.
A: 2 Solid defenders (Sancho & Lawrence) and an attacking midfield general Russell Latapy. I am dead
:rotfl:

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 05:27:55 PM »
funny.....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 05:31:46 PM »
bling patriotism of the highest order

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 09:05:02 PM »
what bias?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 12:00:21 AM »
Sorry to bring up this Sunderland thread because I know we have so many, however. .... what do you guys think of these questions.

A: Kenwyne Jones, Carlos Edwards (second) and Craig Gorden (third). Good players, future players and future investments.

Good answer

A: Dwight Yorke. Who was responsible for bringing some of the best to Sunderland like Kenwyne Jones, Carlos Edwards and Stern John to the club and taking them into the Premiership. He is also captain and the most experience on the team. Money well spent. He was miss at the West Ham game, Sunderland lack ideas in the final third.

Good answer.

A: Kieran Richardson, a 6 million dollar pound of shit. Anthony Stokes not doing to well to, but in all fariness he's being played out of position ?

Stokes is only 19 or 20, and his lack or skill and reading the game (missing link passes etc) shows, but one cannot judge him too harshly.

A: Liam Miller (nice touches), Grant Leadbitter, Dickson Etuhu and Nyron Noswrothy.

Nosworthy seem to have been highly rated before Keane's arrival.  I got that from the interview he gave when winning man-of-the-year or something like that at the end of last season.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 12:02:28 AM by StoreBayLimer »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 01:07:49 AM »

Q: Who do you think will leave Sunderland for a bigger club next season.
A: Kenwyne Jones. If he continues to improve he will be unstoppable, he is an asset to any team especially if its a big club where better players are around him. Imagine Jones at Arsenal or Liverpool... that 4-5-1 at Sunderland isn't a good deal and yet Jones is still scoring or creating goals.

You lost me at "Sorry"
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 05:59:42 AM »

Good answer

Good answer.

Stokes is only 19 or 20, and his lack or skill and reading the game (missing link passes etc) shows, but one cannot judge him too harshly.

Nosworthy seem to have been highly rated before Keane's arrival.  I got that from the interview he gave when winning man-of-the-year or something like that at the end of last season.

Nah. Nosworthy wasn't rated at all. He used to play at right back and apparently was terrible. The fans couldn't wait to get rid of him. Is Keane who come in and move him to central defence and build him up to where he is now. Based on the comments and reactions of the Sunderland fans, I'd say Nosworthy is the most improved player by far.

1]; } ?>