April 28, 2024, 08:26:35 PM

Author Topic: Leo Beenhakker takes a firm stand.  (Read 6345 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Leo Beenhakker takes a firm stand.
« on: August 20, 2005, 04:49:29 PM »
Russell Latapy to rejoin T&T team.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago’s Scottish-based midfielder and former national football captain Russell Latapy has decided to make a return to international duty following a special late plea from Special Advisor to the TTFF Jack Warner and Team Captain Dwight Yorke.
The decision by the “Little Magician” came on Monday morning after Warner spoke to the Falkirk player/coach via mobile and requested, for a final time, his services to the “Warriors” who are now in a must win situation in their next 2006 World Cup qualifier against Guatemala at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on September 3.
In the first instance, the 37-year-old Latapy has agreed to make himself available to the team for the match against Guatemala and the clash away to Costa Rica on September 7. Latapy’s local business handler Wayne Mandeville also said that Latapy met with Falkirk manager John Hughes on Monday morning shortly after speaking to Warner, to reveal his plans to rejoin the T&T camp.
“This has come about after several long thoughts and sleepless nights following the match against the United States,” Warner told TTFF Media. “A big part of it also has to do with Dwight telling me that he has spent so much time thinking it over and he believes that Russell needs to be back in the team. It is also a special plea from me to Russell to come back and play for the country and he has agreed to do this for the next two games in the first instance and we are thrilled about this latest development,” Warner added shortly before jetting off to Peru on FIFA business. He added that he will also be in touch with Latapy from there.
Latapy in an immediate response, said he was willing to make a contribution with the country’s interest at heart, particularly on the requests of Yorke and Warner.
“The situation is one where Dwight spoke to Warner and he spoke to me and a decision was then agreed upon. Warner made it clear that they would like me to contribute and for the cause at the moment, for Dwight, for Jack Warner and the country, I am willing to do whatever I can,” Latapy told TTFF Media.
“Everyone knows my situation with the coaching and my demands at Falkirk now and that is where my bread and butter is coming from so it’s obviously not going to be easy.  The coaching market is a hard one now at the moment and it’s not something that I can just run away from. There are a lot of things to consider with the club as well. But as I said the reality is that I would love to come back and do whatever I can for the country at this time,” Latapy said.
Previously during the “Journey to Germany” campaign, attempts had been made to get Latapy back in the set up but the former FC Porto man had explained that he commitments to Falkirk, particularly his new direction into coaching, would make it difficult to take up duties with T&T, especially as he preferred to contribute as an assistant coach as well.
But his change of heart is an obvious boost for the “Warriors” for the remainder of the campaign. Latapy last appeared for T&T in a 2002 World Cup Qualifier against the United States in June of 2001 before announcing his retirement from international football along with Yorke.
So far this season Latapy has earned plaudits for his performances for Falkirk in the Scottish Premier League, appearing in their four League matches so far.
Former teammate and assistant coach David Nakhid as well feels Latapy’s addition will bolster the T&T outfit. “This is great news especially considering the circumstances. It will give the team just the right boost that it needs at this time,” Nakhid said from Lebanon.
Young midfielder Silvio Spann, fresh from a creditable showing against the Americans, was also ecstatic on hearing of Latapy’s return.
“For a moment I still can’t believe it,” Spann said from Yokohama. “It’s delightful news for us because I for one have been longing for a chance to play with the skipper and I think the team will certainly welcome his return at this time. It’s a crucial period for us and to have him back will be a plus for us.”
Sancho credits Cox for new club.
By: Lasana Liburd.

Trinidad and Tobago defender Brent Sancho praised the influence of former international teammate, Ian Cox, in helping him restart his club career at England League One team, Gillingham.
Sancho debuted for the "Gills" on Saturday afternoon as they edged out Bournemouth 1-0 at home to move to fourth place, one point shy of leaders Brentford.
He was introduced in the 68th minute, just a day after signing for the club, as Gillingham manager Neale Cooper effectively shored up his defence to maintain their slender lead.
Sancho credited the 34-year-old Cox, who was man of the match on Saturday, as well as agent Mike Berry, in getting him the opportunity to move to England from relegated Scottish Premier League (SPL) club, Dundee.
"Cox recommended me (to Cooper) who spoke to me and the rest is history," said Sancho. "It really helps having Cox around and he is one of the nicest persons you can meet. He has helped me settle down and, in a perfect world, we will play together in the middle of the defence."
Cooper hinted to Sancho that he might be utilised this season at right back or as a defensive midfielder although he made his first appearance as a central defender as Gillingham switched from 4-4-2 to a 5-3-2 formation to keep out Bournemouth.
Sancho was not too surprised at his early debut after an emotional week for club and country.
"They made a big deal of beating the registration deadline on Friday when I signed," he said, "so I kind of knew that I had a chance of playing. It's been some week for me after getting my work permit on Monday and then playing my first competitive match in a long time against the United States.
"It was disappointing losing against the US but it was just good to be playing again. And then I made my debut yesterday (Saturday)."
Sancho signed a two-year deal on improved terms than his previous contract at Dundee and hopes to benefit from playing in England as well as his close proximity to London, which is 30 minutes away by train.
"I think I am in the right place now because more clubs look at you when you are in England," said Sancho. "I am also looking forward to living closer to London because of the big West Indian community there including some family members."
He thanked girlfriend, Jana, as well as national teammates, Kelvin Jack, Stern John and Shaka Hislop, and family members-mom, dad, sister and cousins-for helping him through his most difficult summer as a professional.
"It wasn't an easy summer going from hotel to hotel and team to team and not knowing where your future lies," he said. "But God is good. I would like to thank Berry too for sorting out my work permit and contractual stuff."
He looks forward to a successful spell with club and country, with Trinidad and Tobago's upcoming World Cup qualifier against Guatemala at the forefront of his mind.
"We have to win against Guatemala and then have to get a result against Costa Rica," said Sancho. "I think those two games are like Cup games. Those will be the biggest games of my career because they might determine whether or not we qualify for the World Cup.
"My goal right now is to qualify for the World Cup and to do well at Gillingham and stamp my authority at this level and, eventually, to play in the Premiership."
Stern John willing to sacrifice place.
[/size]

No one was more disappointed than Stern John with last Wednesday's 2006 World Cup loss to the United States. Even more so, the Coventry City striker, the leading goalscorer for Trinidad and Tobago felt even worse because neither his performance nor that of his teammates was good enough to bring home a result for the "Warriors" who are now faced with a must win situation when they host Guatemala at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on September 3.
But now the former Birmingham City man is willing to play whatever role he can to see the team progress, even if it means coming off the bench.
"Everyone was disappointed with the way we started and the way we lost," John told TTFF Media.” We  gave ourselves a mountain to climb with the first goal and we panicked after that. You could see that by the way we just kept giving the ball away."
We conceded a stupid goal and we paid the price and hopefully we can learn from this and pick ourselves again, We have done it before but now is when it matters the most. The next few weeks will be the most critical of our careers," John added. Commenting on his substitution in the second half, being replaced by Kenwyne Jones, John didn't take it in bad stride.
"I ran about the pitch but it wasn't enough. The service wasn't coming our way and it showed that when Dwight dropped back into the middle our game changed a bit. But now it's not about Stern John anymore. It's about what's best for the team and the country getting to the World Cup. I was disappointed about the performance when I went off. I think any manager will be disappointed with any player who comes off the pitch because he knows he can do better. All we needed was just one chance. We have strikers who can score goals in myself, Kenwyne and Dwight but the service wasn't there. We just need to work on that... get more balls into the box.
"We missed Carlos with the crosses. At least I think Dwight needs to play in the middle because he's more into the game playing behind the strikers.
"All in all, I think we have what it takes to come back stronger than before. The game itself showed Kelvin (Jack) was brilliant and Silvio Spann had a good game in the right back position. Brent (Sancho) was also really good for us when he came on. But we need more than four or five players to do better including myself if we are to get results.
"I worked hard but it wasn't enough and even if it for the benefit for the team. It's now about Stern John anymore, it's about the team and the country and getting to the World Cup. I was disappointed about the performance when I went off. Any manager will be disappointed with any player who comes off the pitch because he knows he can do better, All we needed was just one chance in the game. We have strikers who can score the goals and we need that service into the box. But all in all, I think we can come back stronger than before. Kelvin had a brilliant game and Spann did well in the right back position. Sancho was really good when he came on as well so these are the positives to take out the game. But we need more than four or five players to do better including myself if we are to get results. John was not in the Coventry team which defeated Queen's Park Rangers 3-0 on Saturday but is hoping to force his way back into contention in the week ahead.
News from the 21st of August 2005.
Leo Beenhakker takes a firm stand.
[/size]

National Senior Team Football coach Leo Beenhakker has given a mandate that all players selected for this country’s next 2006 World Cup qualifier at home to Guatemala must report to camp by August 30.
The Dutchman made it clear that there must be no set backs in the preparations for the match which is a must win one for the “Warriors” after last Wednesday’s 1-0 loss to the Americans.
From all indications, it appears Beenhakker will recall all the overseas pros who were in the squad to face the USA, with the exception of the suspended Dennis Lawrence and midfielder Carlos Edwards will also make the trip. Lawrence remains in contention for the following match away to Costa Rica on September 7. Beenhakker is now aware that Edwards did in fact play minutes for Luton Town’s Reserves on Tuesday, a couple days after being ruled unfit to play in the World Cup qualifier. Beenhakker definitely wants access to all available players for September 3. August 30 is a day after several of the pros are scheduled to play for their clubs and falls within the five-day stipulation on the FIFA calendar.
“Please know to yourselves now that if we are to realize this ambition and write history, to go there next year will be a hell of a job but it is still in our own hands. But what we have done up to now is not enough. You cannot be successful in international football if you play for only 45 minutes. I don’t know if you agree with me,” Beenhakker said with a stern low pitch as he addressed the players the night following the match at the Sheraton Hotel before the overseas pros headed back to their respective destinations and the local contingent departed at 4am for Port of Spain.
“But I will tell you once more, these guys (Americans) run like hell and they run with blood in their shoes and that is why they play these games like this and that’s the difference. And it’s the same difference as when you play Mexico and they play with a lot of temperament and even Panama and Costa Rica. They are prepared to die for a good result. Why do we always need twenty or thirty minutes to get into a game,” Beenhakker said to Dwight Yorke and the rest of the team.
“It was a game of the same. They were no different in the second half compared to the first half. But we were better in the second half but it was too late. It was an open game with even ten guys. Just play it more with the effort and the passion. So please take this with you in your luggage and think it over and realize that we still have it in our hands. It’s not only the coach responsibility, yes it is my responsibility, but to realize it you also have to take up part of the responsibility and be very well prepared in physical and mental way. “Play with your heart and play with your soul. Play for your country and play for your country and your family.
“The only thing you have to give to yourself, and to the team, your teammates  is be prepared for these next two matches like never before. Our responsibility (as coaches) will be in a technical way, looking for the best team to do it. The substitutes did well for us because it’s not easy to enter into such a game. But that’s what you have to bring in your luggage. And if you are not sufficiently interested in playing your football life, playing the entire game with blood in your shoes then please just tell me and stay away. Don’t only play only for 45 minutes or 60 minutes. Hopefully this is the big lesson we learn in this game. With all my respect, these guys were only better because they played with everything they had.
“I will accept the errors and whatever else but we need you to bring back with you a prepared and opened mind and a good physical body. You must play every game from now on like it’s a final match, every game must be 95 minutes for us. You have to play them with everything you have. You have some doubt that you can bring that to your team, your federation, your country, then please be honest with us,” Beenhakker ended. For training with the local-based players on Tuesday, Beenhakker has called.

Players List:

Goalkeeper:
Duarance Williams (San Juan Jabloteh).

Defenders:
Atiba Charles (W Connection), Marlon Rojas (Unattached), Anton Pierre (Defence Force), Cyd Gray (San Juan Jabloteh).

Midfielders:
Aurtis Whitley (San Juan Jabloteh), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA Fire), Glenton Wolfe (National Quarries North East Stars), Brent Rahim (Unattached).

Forwards:
Gary Glasgow (Unattached), Anthony Wolfe (National Quarries North East Stars).
St Johnstone swoop for Jason Scotland.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

Scottish First Division football club, St Johnstone, hope to succeed where Dundee United failed after requesting a work permit for Trinidad and Tobago national striker Jason Scotland earlier this week.
Scotland, who represented United for the past two seasons in the Scottish Premier League (SPL), was denied a work permit by the British Home Office last month after being offered a new two-year deal by United. The Home Office accepted a verdict from a six member panel of ex-football players and managers who declared, in a split vote, that the striker lacked the quality to "contribute significantly" to the Scottish Premiership.
United were incensed by the decision but St Johnstone hope to benefit from their misfortune.
"I wouldn't be doing my job right if I didn't bring quality players to St Johnstone," St Johnstone manager and ex-United forward Owen Coyle told the BBC. "Jason is available and is a top-class player. If we're successful in getting him, it will give us tremendous competition in the striking department."
Scotland's work permit appeal should be heard next week and the former soldier's case is likely to go before a different panel. But, even if the new adjudicators accepted last month's ruling that Scotland lacked the calibre to play in the SPL, they could agree that he is good enough for the First Division.
Scotland vowed to remain positive despite the disappointment of leaving United, who he helped qualify for this season's UEFA Cup with a match winning goal against Hibernian in the Scottish Cup semi-final.
"If I have to prove myself and show I am good enough to play in the Premiership," he told The Daily Express, "then that is what I have to do. It is a setback because, instead of going forward to a bigger club, I find myself going down a division but I just have to work my way up."
Scotland also hopes that playing regularly for St Johnstone would help him regain his national place after being omitted from Leo Beenhakker's squad, which lost 1-0 to the United States in Wednesday's World Cup qualifier. Scotland played in all three CONCACAF Gold Cup outings in July but subsequently lost his spot as a result of his topsy-turvy professional situation.
Scotland, who claimed that he was not fully match fit at the Gold Cup tournament, was grateful that Beenhakker explained his reasons for leaving him out his midweek team.
"The coach told me I was not in the team because I was not playing every week and I have to accept that," said Scotland. "I think that so long as I am playing football every Saturday, I have a good chance of getting in the team so I hope can win back my place."
At present, St Johnstone are atop the First Division standings with a maximum of six points from two outings in which they scored five times and are yet to concede. They also won their opening CIS Cup match 3-2 away to Cowdenbeath to maintain a 100 per cent record. Coyle is confident that Scotland can make them even stronger.
Zamora turns down Trinidad call.
BBC Sport News.
[/size]

West Ham's Bobby Zamora has turned down the chance to play in the World Cup finals for Trinidad and Tobago. Trinidad and Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker wants the striker for a qualifier against Guatemala next month.
Zamora, 24, told the News of the World: "Trinidad is my dad's country and to play in the finals would be a dream but West Ham are more important.
"I am only thinking about the club at the moment and do not want to be distracted from that."
Zamora's decision to turn his back on Trinidad will come as welcome news for Hammers boss Alan Pardew, who is keen to keep all his players for what he expects to be a hard return to the Premiership.
The former Tottenham striker, who won six England Under-21 caps while with Brighton, added: "The Trinidad manager went to the effort of watching me and asking the boss about me. "But the club mean everything to me and if I can help us have a good season that is all that matters."
Jabloteh chip into Connection's lead.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).
[/size]

Tobago United seemed to have come with a plan of defending with numbers at the back, and then launching into attack quickly on the break.
It worked well for just about 40 minutes, but when they shot themselves in the foot by conceding an own goal, CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh took control, and went on to win yesterday's T&T Pro League match 4-0 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. Jabloteh are now 10 points behind leader Vibe CT 105 Connection who were inactive yesterday.
Tobago United suffered a 7-0 humiliation the last time they met Jabloteh at Hasely Crawford. But for a time yesterday, they seemed made of sterner stuff. Having survived an early grilling, and also creating one or two chances on the break themselves, the visitors from the sister isle were starting to look good. Then they conceded an own goal, and the bottom fell out of the barrel when defender Darryl James chested a harmless-looking cross ball past his keeper Shean Warner, to score the most stylish looking own goal one is likely to see.
Despite the setback, Tobago United still managed to hold Jabloteh to 1-0 at the half. However, it was not long before Jabloteh doubled the advantage in the second half. The second item came on 54th minute through Nigel Codrington, who brushed off his tackle on the left, and angled a powerful shot into the net, off the Tobago goalkeeper's fingertip.
Five minutes later, Jabloteh pushed even further ahead. Tobago's Kyle Parker had been on just a minute at the right-back position when he pulled down Jamaican striker Nicholas Addlery to concede a 61st minute penalty. Veteran Angus Eve converted from the spot to make the score 3-0 in favour of Jabloteh. By that time, all the fight had been knocked out of United and finally, Josh Johnson, bobbed and weaved his way up the right and hit an 85th minute 'roofer' to finish off the Tobagonians. Defence Force whiped Caledonia AIA Fire 2-0 at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Arima. Kevon Carter scored a double for the Army side, one in the 21st and the other in the 38th minute. North East Stars were held to a goalless draw by the struggling United Petrotrin at the Sangre Grande Recreation Ground.

Sealy's double extinguishes Chicago Fire.

Cornell Glen lifts the Crew's playoff hopes.

It's up to us - says Kelvin Jack.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 10:33:11 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Leo Beenhakker takes a firm stand.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 04:56:37 PM »
oh speech boy Beenie!!!
Ah ready to lace up my boots and go out there myself!!!!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 05:52:28 PM »
its all about the blood in your feet and the desire to go 95 mins. sept 3rd is the big one. any word on how the ticket sales are going?packed house is absolutely essential
Hart for president

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 06:25:32 PM »
“Please know to yourselves now that if we are to realize this ambition and write history, to go there next year will be a hell of a job but it is still in our own hands. But what we have done up to now is not enough. You cannot be successful in international football if you play for only 45 minutes....”

With few exceptions almost everyone on this site believes that the dream is truly alive.

"Why do we always need twenty or thirty minutes to get into a game?”

Sitting in the stands on Wednesday night I ask mehself that same question.  After the Mexico game I thought we found the answer but I guess it is an ongoing effort.  There is a pot of gold if the answer to that question is found.  Most of our opponents bank on this deficiency in our game.

They were no different in the second half compared to the first half. But we were better in the second half but it was too late. It was an open game with even ten guys.

Something to build on, but is better good enough???

“Play with your heart and play with your soul. Play for your country and play for your country and your family.

Beenie striking a serious note on patriotism and what it means to wear the National colours on the playing field.

And if you are not sufficiently interested in playing your football life, playing the entire game with blood in your shoes then please just tell me and stay away. Don’t only play only for 45 minutes or 60 minutes.

This is the slogan for the remainder of the World Cup Qualifiers.  "Just tell we and Stay away if yuh aint willing to leave it on the pitch."

Really nice words by Beenie Man.  Time to take it to the pitch.

On the Road to Germany.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 06:53:08 PM by Tallman »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 07:02:25 PM »
De man throwing down the gauntlet.

Ah tired say dat ah have no complaints about a team dat losing as long as they leave everything on de field for de full game. What is most disappointing is dat we have all these overseas pros who does come back and take 20 minutes to settle down at de start of de game...something dat none of their respective clubs would tolerate.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 08:24:27 PM »
It take are foreigner to tell we  we doh play with heart.It look like everybody know this  except us.Jamaica know it,USA know it ,Mexico know it and de whole region know it.
I once saw a game in de stadium,ah very important game we were behind and de ballboys were hustling de ball more than de players,why must dis be ?

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 09:03:24 AM »
All the ole talk, insults and abuse I have taken from members of this forum over our performances and here you all see for yourself that Beenie is seeing and saying the same things I have said since our very first game.

WE CANNOT MAKE GERMANY IF WE CONTINUE TO PLAY THE WAY WE ARE PLAYING!!!! OPTIMISIM OR NOT

COMMENDABLE LOSING PERFORMANCES, OR
"BOY WE PLAY HARD IN THAT SECOND HALF'" IS NOT GOING TO GET US TO GERMANY. ONLY WINNING WILL GET US THERE

TAKE WHAT BEENIE IS SAYING TO HEART THIS IS THE WORLD CUP WE TRYING TO GET TO WE HAVE TO START PLAYING  LIKE IT MEANS SOMETHING!!!!

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 02:30:42 PM »
Tell me something if we do qualify for the fourth place spot allyuh feel we could beat the Asian oponents in Bahrain or Uzbekistan with that display we had against USA
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 02:33:32 PM »

Tell me something if we do qualify for the fourth place spot allyuh feel we could beat the Asian oponents in Bahrain or Uzbekistan with that display we had against USA

No doubt. As much as we dislike the US, they are a decent team.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2005, 10:15:15 PM »
If we don't come out agaisnt teams and meet them in the middle....the chances of us getting early goals are very high.  When the game start is the time to chase man and tackle hard and thing ....You set the tone.......But we does wait trying to show of our knew found ability to defend....

Let's see if Leo talk sink in.....Go Warriors
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 08:34:06 AM »
"I worked hard but it wasn't enough and even if it for the benefit for the team. It's now about Stern John anymore, it's about the team and the country and getting to the World Cup. I was disappointed about the performance when I went off."

If only Tootsie John had realised this and he was not bribing Beener about 3 matches ago, we may have been in a better position. Well I pray that it is not too late for us. I know it is not too late to NOT start John against Guatemala, and only bring him on later on not at all if not needed. Feeling sorry for Sealy, hopefully he will get better support. Once again I must big up Kenwyne Jones for his game, he always seems to make something happen up front. Poor thing when he played it looked like Kelvin Jack was his main supporter since he did not get much support and good passes (as usual) but boy that boy could run, that run he made on the left wing and cut across before falling was the best striker run and good looking attack we had in that game.

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 08:46:17 AM »
I went home and take a looked at the game on video again. Kenwyne Jones made a better difference when he came on than Stern John and should have also gotten a penalty, by the way, I wonder who would have taken that penalty if it was given .... lol... maybe Spann.... he was class indeed, he showed Atiba how a right back suppose to play, he was up and down that wing like a race horse.

Anyone else noticed that Birchall wasn't getting any/much balls from his team-mates ? maybe I missed something or just maybe he wasn't finding the space to collect the balls ?

I think Andrews will make a better defensive midfielder than a central defender ?? his pace is to slow for the last man in defense, Central Americans are relatively fast players.

Ngozi for the record, Whitley did good, looked better center though, not sure about left wing, he made some timely tackles as well.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 09:37:16 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 09:53:25 AM »
I went home and take a looked at the game on video again. Kenwyne Jones made a better difference when he came on than Stern John and should have also gotten a penalty, by the way, I wonder who would have taken that penalty if it was given .... lol... maybe Spann.... he was class indeed, he showed Atiba how a right back suppose to play, he was up and down that wing like a race horse.

Anyone else noticed that Birchall wasn't getting any/much balls from his team-mates ? maybe I missed something or just maybe he wasn't finding the space to collect the balls ?

I think Andrews will make a better defensive midfielder than a central defender ?? his pace is to slow for the last man in defense, Central Americans are relatively fast players.

Ngozi for the record, Whitley did good, looked better center though, not sure about left wing, he made some timely tackles as well.

Yuh leave to early Flex...next time yuh had to book ah week for yuh fans

"The fellas from the line know how I feel, Left side ? Wha left side?
Samuel ? That was not the same speedy, attacking guy I read bout, that was a stockier Stern. T-man, I had originally said Avery John played poorly, ah rethink that now, he could not have had any confidence passin to that "oh so predictable" Samuel...waiting by the line...no cut in, no run back, no run forward, no beat, no pass..nb, I am not saying the man not good, ah just saying, Glen, Sealy or Theobald should have started instead,(hindsight is always 20-20).
The boys played good...but many people talk bout how they play with heart? Heart!..Heart!
Heart for me is when all odds against yuh, and it not lookin so; Heart is yuh down with no chance and yuh still doh give up, Heart is yuh write orf as lorse, and yuh still pull ah win... Heart is yuh givin all, get hurt, losing and still trying to find a way to win...Heart is yuh play better than yuh ever play before, when all the chips against yuh..
For eg. Kelvin Jack had heart...for the rest, ah cyar say...allyuh find they better than they ever play before ? The reason we didn't get more is cause of Jack and the USA throw way... Thru we was down to 10, well, for me it showed.... Yorke was the class of we team, but with all that class, he couldn't try one run and find Keller...Hold up, control, and with some difficulty, find someone...all well and good...Unfortunately, Dwight yuh have to do more, yuh have to make deh opposition panic, whenever yuh get the ball, so they will leave/let free our other players...Dwight, yuh cyar let the opposing team ketch dey breath...You are obviously too good for that...Wha happen, people have a problem passin to Birchall(except Yorke) because he white or wha...a kinda we go get dem back something our wha..he cut no ball,he run long no ball, he hold up no ball, ah think the best pass he get is a Dog boom kick clearance..
Beenie only consolation, made very strong changes...buh ah get the impression, he new what the starting team should have been..
Ah still cyar fathom how a team could reach and pas whey USA pass in the first minute of the Game and just defenders must take blame...ah still cyar understand how Dog(with his experience) does manage to be always behind forwards, instead of between dem and the ball, and he las....how with his experience he making back pass to the keeper down the center of the field, instead of slighty of goal..The better batsman (Lawrence) well get runout dey...buh some days it happen so...Whitley, possibly played better than last time I saw him on TV, is it because he raised it, or the people around him was looking worse...not sure..
Meh first live T&T WCQ game, and sadly the best thing was meeting some real supporters like me....cause the other team was waaayyy better.....buh we was praying and hoping down to the final whistle..

ah think from now ah backing ah team with real Heart, socawarriors.net and then socawarriors. Ah know next game allyuh supporting even better than the last."

« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 09:55:16 AM by maxg »

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2005, 10:28:02 AM »
I personally feel that Birchall should be in the central midfield role. He has a wicked shot, which he can set up and exploit more effectively  if he is in the midfield. He was not bad on the wing, but he did not look settled either

1]; } ?>