April 27, 2024, 05:43:02 PM

Author Topic: Could this happen on the National team?  (Read 1884 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Could this happen on the National team?
« on: October 26, 2007, 05:53:53 PM »
Miami Heat's Antoine Walker was traded today to the Minnesota Timberwolves in a 5 player deal.  Walker was briefly suspended last year because his body-fat measurement wasn't within team limits, and he arrived for training camp earlier this month not in the shape coach Pat Riley wanted.

Think anybody on the National team would get suspended or not pick for not meetin coach body fat measurement standards? 

Is there such a requirement in the PFL?

If not, should there?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Could this happen on the National team?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 06:06:37 PM »
when i worked at jabloteh they used to weigh and take body fat measurements i think every other week. im not sure about the rest of clubs, but jabloteh was on that since early!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 06:13:17 PM »
when i worked at jabloteh they used to weigh and take body fat measurements i think every other week. im not sure about the rest of clubs, but jabloteh was on that since early!!

Is dat why dem let go Chubby?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 06:22:24 PM »
This is wha wim had to say .... look at the clip

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t8qrZLTAPEQ
maybe he could keep the players names out of the discussion but reveal what his "Fitness Level" tests are and the stats from them and much more importantly what a player can do to excel at these tests.
In the above video he mentions "fitness level tests"
what if the TTFF were to say that after everyone is given these levels and if after one year, if someone who is chosen to represent TnT were found to be below the standard, that they would not be allowed to continue.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 06:31:26 PM »
Miami Heat's Antoine Walker was traded today to the Minnesota Timberwolves in a 5 player deal.  Walker was briefly suspended last year because his body-fat measurement wasn't within team limits, and he arrived for training camp earlier this month not in the shape coach Pat Riley wanted.

Think anybody on the National team would get suspended or not pick for not meetin coach body fat measurement standards? 

If not, should there?

for real it have some fat man that i see playing pro ball down here  :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 10:05:39 PM »

If not, should there?

I wouldn't want for them to start checking body fat and what not because not everybody will fall within the ideal range...I look at a man like Tome Huddlestone for instance.  Dunno what he body fat % is, but I bet he pushing the envelope for his height and weight, lol.

As long as man fit and competent on the field I think that's all that matters.  The thing with Walker is that his lack of fitness made him a liability to the team.  Had he been the player they needed (body fat notwithstanding) then there wouldn't ever have been an issue.

1]; } ?>