April 28, 2024, 12:50:21 AM

Author Topic: Morality?  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Morality?
« on: October 26, 2007, 09:40:16 AM »
I will use England since we are currently experienceing the debacle surrounding Martin Jol firing ... and recent mistreatment of coaches such as Jose Maurinho, along with the many others can be sited.  Is there morality in English football or football on the whole?  Has morality lost it's way in English Football or has it lost it's way in world football?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Morality?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 09:49:26 AM »
Morality lost its way in the world, padna. Long, long time ago.

Clearest example is the expression ''It's just not cricket''.
This is used to refer to something that is considered legal but not fair play (thus immoral). But since Australia take over cricket in 1995, that phrase doh even apply to cricket anymore, so far less anywhere else in sports...or like i said, in the world.

Sorry for the dose of reality
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 09:58:03 AM »
look at the Local situation where our man Jack dont even treat "His Bread and Butter" (the players of TnT) like they are his "Bread and Butter"....he just waits for a younger player to come asking to play for TnT.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 11:44:51 AM »
I will use England since we are currently experienceing the debacle surrounding Martin Jol firing ... and recent mistreatment of coaches such as Jose Maurinho, along with the many others can be sited.  Is there morality in English football or football on the whole?  Has morality lost it's way in English Football or has it lost it's way in world football?
None of us know what really went down behind the scenes with regards to Mourinho and Jol.  Even if we did, there are people getting sacked all over the world on a daily basis...high-profile football coaches should be no exception.  The moral of the story?  "Morality" has no part in this discussion.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 12:51:49 PM »
You must remember that football (like everything) has become corporate and as such a board of directors makes the decision usually with the stock price as the primary concern.

One of the reasons that Jol was fired (reportedly) is that he was negatively affecting the overall value of the club which they hope to sell for a huge profit.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 08:08:45 PM »
You must remember that football (like everything) has become corporate and as such a board of directors makes the decision usually with the stock price as the primary concern.

One of the reasons that Jol was fired (reportedly) is that he was negatively affecting the overall value of the club which they hope to sell for a huge profit.

another reason is that with the calibre of players Spurs have, they shouldn't be languishing so low in the league

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 09:00:28 PM »
I think you  should be wondering about the Loyalty in football and sport in general mot morality.
I.E. loyalty to a player or entity that gives alot to your club.
     Morality just doing whats moraly right or not offensive.
so, refrase it and see what yuh go geh, but I get your idea

giggsy11

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 11:02:46 PM »
I overall society's moral values have declined and the fact is it has become more common place in sports in general. It should not be a surprise after all that it has seeped into sports since one is still dealing with human beings. Don't forget money is a heavy motivator and the root of all evil. Sh*t that whole Marion Jones thing was just sickening. You can't trust or believe anything athletes say anymore.

1]; } ?>