April 19, 2024, 04:51:29 PM

Author Topic: Wright-Phillips: Stern experience is good for me  (Read 6835 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wright-Phillips: Stern experience is good for me
« on: October 29, 2007, 07:19:21 AM »
Wright-Phillips: Stern experience is good for me
By Adam Leitch (Southern Daily Echo)

Bradley Wright-Phillips believes Stern John is delivering performances that mark him out from Saints' other strikers. While the hitman concedes that the squad is full of top-quality striking options, it is John's all-round game that has made him so valuable to George Burley in recent weeks. He has been physically strong and has held the ball up well while bringing others in to play. Wright-Phillips has benefited directly and is enjoying a partnership that has left Polish international pair Grzegorz Rasiak and Marek Saganowski on the sidelines. Both Wright-Phillips and John were on target in the 3-2 win at Burnley on Saturday night that lifted Saints to within a point of the play-off places in what is an increasingly congested top half of the Championship table.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Wright-Phillips: Stern experience is good for me
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 07:31:36 AM »
quality knows no bounds
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 08:10:50 AM »
Yeah Stern show dem who's de man...whether dey is Poland star striker or not. Let Rasiak go back to Poland-coach Beenie crying "Dem eh select meh Mr Beenie...Ah only sitting on de bench riding pine from this boy from some little island call Trinidad  :frustrated: "

Beenie (in his usual heavy dutch accent): Mishta Rasiak, Let me tell you  >:( ..Shtern John is a quality shtriker shecond to none. I know him pershonally and trusht me, you would be lucky to shine hish bootsh. Those Trinidad playersh ... I will neva forget!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 09:33:40 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 08:14:17 AM »
Beenie (in his usual heavy dutch accent): Mishta Rasiak, Let me tell you  >:( ..Shtern John is a quality shtriker shecond to none. I know him pershonally and trusht me, you would be lucky to shine hish bootsh. Those Trinidad playersh ... I will neva forget!
when I close my eye an read dat, is like Beenie write it heself ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 08:19:33 AM »
Doh get tie up. Rasiak is a quality goalscorer too. Very similar to Stern. The edge Stern have is that he a little more mobile and physical and contributes more to the team. Rasiak is a sluggish lazyman who always finds a way to score. But other than scoring he doh offer much to the team play.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 08:26:30 AM »
Yeah doh frighten soldier, ah done sight up Raziak long long time. Still, Stern is de man!  >:(
Respec' Genius monk.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 08:31:29 AM »
Doh get tie up. Rasiak is a quality goalscorer too. Very similar to Stern. The edge Stern have is that he a little more mobile and physical and contributes more to the team. Rasiak is a sluggish lazyman who always finds a way to score. But other than scoring he doh offer much to the team play.

Lord have mercy. look at thing eh. Men actually saying Stern and contribute in the same sentence. And the lazman adjective being used to describe somebody else Who would have thought it?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 08:38:27 AM »

Lord have mercy. look at thing eh. Men actually saying Stern and contribute in the same sentence. And the lazman adjective being used to describe somebody else Who would have thought it?
Notice ah say "a little" more mobile. For all the complaints people have with Stern, Rasiak worse. The two of them know how to score goals and make people hush, though.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:40:10 AM by Monkey Genius »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 08:40:11 AM »

Midnight, what you expect in this forum.  That is the way it is with fans. :) :) :) :) :)
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 09:23:31 AM »

Wha shock me is man sayin Stern more "mobile".  Raziack mus be cross wit statue... ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 09:33:49 AM »

Wha shock me is man sayin Stern more "mobile".  Raziack mus be cross wit statue... ;D
Rasiak does pretty much just stand up around de box and wait. Jog around a lil bit if de ball close. Wait some more.

Stern does at least hold up de ball and link with midfield and ting. Watch how Southampton fans loving him: http://www.thesaintsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29270

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 10:10:08 AM »
when I close my eye an read dat, is like Beenie write it heself ;D

wheyyy some ah allyuh here rhel talented yes...how de f%$k u manage tuh pull off dah one boss :devil: :rotfl:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 10:17:51 AM »
i thought was me alone see that  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

west coast yuh either cross with bat or potato  :rotfl: :rotfl: but yuh well talented 4 tru

but ah get where u coming from west coast ;D
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 11:14:54 AM »
Stern and Raziak have one thing in common.....they both found their level in the Championship.

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 12:57:40 PM »
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 01:00:43 PM by prodigy23 »

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 01:48:10 PM »
Stern and Raziak have one thing in common.....they both found their level in the Championship.

Yuh talking Loud Loud  :bs: :bs:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 03:21:59 PM »
Allyuh see de bullet dat hit both posts?
wey

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 03:27:07 PM »

Boy reading that the first thing cross my mind is "I have to see the manner of beast that is Rasiak"

wey

Real nice especially like the screen and turn he use to create the chance, the sign of a confident player.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 03:30:37 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 03:36:38 PM »
wey

Shield off de defender ,turn and ben it wid de outside ah he right foot,beating de keeper  :applause: :applause: would have been a spectacular goal ...he an all turn tuh celebrate buh den it come cross and hit de next post ..shot sah !!!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 03:44:31 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 03:51:54 PM »
berris, stern is a shitsnake...   :devil: :devil: :devil:

*brace for impact

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 04:04:52 PM »

*brace for impact

Hard luck Omar ...dah basket hah to much hole .. ;D

IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 04:16:58 PM »

*brace for impact

lol..

under all seriousness de man getting on bad and seem to be liking it... i didnt realize he put rasiak and saganowski on the bench.

all now so if he was still at sunderland, he riding pine behind shitongs like connoly, odonovan, murphy and stokes watching the contract run down and wondering where the next offer coming from.

from early signs, seems like the deal worked out well for all parties..

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 06:44:59 PM »
*brace for impact
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
dat basket come like ah fish net
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 06:47:10 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 07:11:43 PM »
Panther X.....The world cup was nice eh??....glad yuh went there eh  ???...
Thank God for a "Championship Striker"....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 11:32:22 PM »
Allyuh men get on like ah call de man a sh!thound or something.

Stern (like Rasiak) found success in the Championship but never duplicated it at the Premiership level.  Now he's back in the Championship finding his confidence and goals again.  If that doesn't say that he found his level there I don't know what does.

The premiership isn't for everybody...just ask Shevchenko.

@Big Mag

If I recall correctly few of our team that went to the world cup were premiership quality so what's your point?

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 12:15:47 AM »
Allyuh men get on like ah call de man a sh!thound or something.

Stern (like Rasiak) found success in the Championship but never duplicated it at the Premiership level.  Now he's back in the Championship finding his confidence and goals again.  If that doesn't say that he found his level there I don't know what does.

The premiership isn't for everybody...just ask Shevchenko.

@Big Mag

If I recall correctly few of our team that went to the world cup were premiership quality so what's your point?

Yuh recall correct and SJ is one ah de 'few', so de real question is, what is  your point here  ??? other than ah lame attempt tuh dis #14 ...just another doubter/hater talkin ah set ah assness bout he reach he 'level'...doh vex ,dais meh opinion...I eh have time to give yuh de facts but go and see who lead BCFC in scoring the first year they get promoted,doh ignore the fact that he get injured and miss alot of games  and still lead dem in scoring,while yuh dey checking look and see much goals he score to get them promoted,yuh might as well see who score BCFC first goal in the Prems....
Doh fool yuh self ...#14 cud play in any league on any team and score on any defense,he already score in de game he play this year for Sunderland as a sub and I sure he wudda be scoring for them if he was still there,that is a proven fact, de man score goals on ANY team he play for (Derby is de lone exception and dem was/is ah shit side) Premiership or Championship ,so give we ah chance wid dah 'championship level' nonsense.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 11:33:03 AM »
Thanks Berris...yuh save meh some "one finger typing" dey....bbboooooomm
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 11:06:59 PM »
Look at Stern's strike rate:  His performance in the championship/first division is vastly superior that iin the Premiership yet while others calling the man a sh!thound among other things you take exception with me saying that he find his level.

Don't let things like facts interfere with that fantasy going on in your heads their breds.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2007, 02:43:59 AM »

Boy reading that the first thing cross my mind is "I have to see the manner of beast that is Rasiak"

wey

Real nice especially like the screen and turn he use to create the chance, the sign of a confident player.

The new and improved Stern Turn...

but lord that team need a defense!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2007, 01:06:55 PM »
Look at Stern's strike rate:  His performance in the championship/first division is vastly superior that iin the Premiership yet while others calling the man a sh!thound among other things you take exception with me saying that he find his level.

Don't let things like facts interfere with that fantasy going on in your heads their breds.

Facts yuh say  :rotfl: Panterx,the only 'fact' you prove here is that yuh is ah dunce ah de game ,hopefully it stop they and yuh is not ah dunce in life too ....but by yuh reasoning I doubt it.

IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

1]; } ?>