March 28, 2024, 02:10:37 PM

Author Topic: Wright-Phillips: Stern experience is good for me  (Read 6776 times)

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wright-Phillips: Stern experience is good for me
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2007, 03:13:51 PM »
Show me his scoring rate, appearances, goals scored or ANYTHING thaty would demonstrate that he was a success in the premiership.

His best season in the premiership was with Birmingham City in 2004/5 where he scored 9 goals in all competitions and he's never got close to that since.

People like you like talk a lot of trash but you never have anything to back it up.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2007, 08:44:01 PM »
Show me his scoring rate, appearances, goals scored or ANYTHING thaty would demonstrate that he was a success in the premiership.

His best season in the premiership was with Birmingham City in 2004/5 where he scored 9 goals in all competitions and he's never got close to that since.

People like you like talk a lot of trash but you never have anything to back it up.

Is 2yrs he play in the EPL with ah promoted BCFC, yuh want ah success story  ??? all yuh is real ass yes.The fact that he lead them in scoring the first year wasn't good enough for you ??? wha yuh wanted 20 goals  ??? is ah shit side his goals help promote and also help them avoid relegation.
Me eh have to show you nuttin, if yuh doh know go and look it up ,just de same way yuh run quick and research and see he score 9 goals his 1st yr in the EPL go back and read some more.Ah baby cud figure out that any good striker will score more goals against a championship div defense as opposed to the EPL,now I going under the assumption here that yuh is not a baby and hopefully ah big man or woman,if ah wrong stop meh please.Tell meh how much strikers in the EPL that average  more than 10 goals in ah season ? Stern scoring 9 was on par with some of the better strikers and he was playing on a newly promoted team and still lead them in goals.Go and reasearch  how much time he start as to how much time he come off the bench and then yuh go realize if he had started more  games he cud have scored more goals,if he did not get injured he cudda have scored more goals.
I doh expect you to see or understand none ah this becuz as far as your football knowledge concern if someone scoring more goals in the championship div as oppose to the EPL,their  'level' is the championship. :rotfl: :rotfl:  :rotfl: ..de only trash here coming from you,now go and do yuh home work and come back sounding ah lil more educated before yuh bum yuh gum and come across as ah lil snat nose Stern John hater.....................oh shit too late  :devil:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 08:53:27 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2007, 06:41:45 AM »
thanks again Berris...Danke
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2007, 07:47:28 PM »
All talk and no substance.  Typical.

You won't 'show me nutten' because you don't have 'nutten' to show, at best Stern would be considered a competent striker at premiership level.

It's called reality...deal with it.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 07:53:11 PM by PantherX »

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2007, 08:34:39 PM »
thanks again Berris...Danke

Yuh welcome Big Mag  :beermug: :beermug:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2007, 09:10:15 PM »
All talk and no substance.  Typical.

You won't 'show me nutten' because you don't have 'nutten' to show, at best Stern would be considered a competent striker at premiership level.

It's called reality...deal with it.

No Dunce, you call it that .The only one that eh producing anything of 'substance' is you and yuh response keeping getting weaker and weaker. After ah show yuh how much SHIT yuh talking yuh decide now tuh sing ah different tune in de same f**king key ???  So now he's a 'competent striker at premiership level'  eh ?. If I continue putting yuh in yuh place just now yuh go singing another tune but I eh have de time tuh waste on ah ignorant,football challaged,ehhaveahf@ckingideaboutdegame,
dunce like yuh self,so ah go leave yuh in yuh ignorance fuh yuh tuh go around de place telling ppl yuh big time theory, that if a striker  score more goals in the championship div dais their 'level'.... :rotfl: :rotfl:
Yuh dam Jackass ......Dais de 'reality' ....now you deal wid it. :devil:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2007, 09:18:34 PM »

That was 2002-2003.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2007, 09:23:28 PM »

That was 2002-2003.

Midknight,you wasting yuh time oui, yuh eh see dis man eh have ah clue  wha he talking bout ...this is just another hatergumbumper.   
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2007, 02:22:29 PM »
I stand corrected on the season but the stats are still the same.

dis man eh have ah clue  wha he talking bout ...this is just another hatergumbumper.   

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you. You're right on one thing though...this is definitely going nowheres so peace to you breds.

I done.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2007, 11:40:06 AM »

i see your argument...but i have to ask when was stern ever given a proper run in the prem...

he  was leading scorer at birmingham for a season in which if memory serves right he was the second or third choice striker behind men like dugarry and forsell... even morrison used to get a run before him on a regular..to me stern generally used to be their super sub saviour who used to come on and score important goals...i don't think birmingham's game ever really suited stern really...

BUT i understand your argument that perhaps the premiership is not the league where stern may excell in...however by stating that his niche is the championship you're kinda implying that he not good...

which any rational trini fan would kno is not so...

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2007, 07:34:48 PM »
Fair enough, my post was tongue-in-cheek so I can see how it could be interpeted as such.

I appreciate what Stern has done in the Red shirt as much as anyone and while I agree that he never got an extended run in the Prem in ymind it also demonstrated the lack of confidence that the coaches had in him (injuries excepted) at that level. Like I said before, the Premiership isn't for everyone.

If the other clow gentlemen were able to communicate like you just did this discussion would not have gone for as long as it did ;D .

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2007, 09:12:39 PM »
Fair enough, my post was tongue-in-cheek so I can see how it could be interpeted as such.

I appreciate what Stern has done in the Red shirt as much as anyone and while I agree that he never got an extended run in the Prem in ymind it also demonstrated the lack of confidence that the coaches had in him (injuries excepted) at that level. Like I said before, the Premiership isn't for everyone.

If the other clow gentlemen were able to communicate like you just did this discussion would not have gone for as long as it did ;D .

:rotfl: :rotfl:  All yuh good oui...so becuz he eh call yuh ah jackass yuh now ''see how it could be interpeted as such''. understand de shite yuh talking ....wham,when man call yuh by yuh real name yuh does get dotish more harden or wha ?
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2007, 09:48:43 PM »
It's clear to me that you're incapable of expressing yourself without resorting to insults so rather than reduce myself to your level I done with you.

Peace.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2007, 09:03:33 AM »
It's clear to me that you're incapable of expressing yourself without resorting to insults so rather than reduce myself to your level I done with you.

Peace.

Yeah yeah yeah whatever...stop whining like ah lil biatch.

''I done with you.''

You done wid me ??? we was never together ??? ???  wrong man, I not in dem kinda ting,sorry tuh hear yuh relationship done hard luck,hopefully you would find somebody to replace him/her.

Peace.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2020, 10:37:02 AM »
‘Let’s do this’: Bradley Wright-Phillips announces his arrival to LAFC
By Joel Soria (NBC Sports).

Bradley Wright-Phillips is taking his talents to Los Angeles.

The New York Red Bulls legend, who left the club in November after seven seasons, is joining MLS Supporters’ Shield winners LAFC, according to his personal Twitter account.

The news comes after it was reported that the 34-year-old had joined LAFC’s preseason as a trialist in hopes securing a contract with Bob Bradley‘s side.

The forward, a two-time MLS Golden Boot winner, saw his productivity rates drop drastically last season as injuries became a common theme. Despite making 24 appearances, Wright-Phillips was limited to nine starts (1098 minutes in total), scoring only two goals all season.

At the end of the season, the Red Bulls decided to not offer the soon-to-be 35-year-old a new contract.

LAFC, in need of proven, attacking depth as they head into a busy 2020 which will include CONCACAF Champions League play, will get one of the league’s most prolific goalscorers in the Englishmen.

In seven seasons with the Red Bulls, Wright-Phillips scored 108 goals – the fastest player in MLS history to reach the century mark. In three out of the seven seasons, the attacker posted more than 20 goals, with the then-record-tying 27 goal campaign in 2014 the hallmark of the bunch.

LAFC have yet to release an official statement on the signing of Wright-Phillips.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>