April 25, 2024, 09:36:15 PM

Author Topic: Beenieman, you get my apologies & applause!!!!  (Read 2364 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Beenieman, you get my apologies & applause!!!!
« on: August 21, 2005, 01:32:06 PM »
I sure yuh checking out the Socawarriors.net website these days because yuh does be answering all we concerns. Yuh aint got to admit it but I think we know now for sure that yuh care bout whaqt de fans thinks. Beenieman, If I have ever said one bad word about you I apologize. Certain parts of that speech you make dey, boy, yuh make me want to start training. I appreciate you taking your responsibility in the situation, something that BSC would not do. You do your part and the Team has to do the rest. Cheers Beenieman after today win or lose I think that we made a good decision in bringing you here.   I say 3 cheers for Beenieman because de man franko-men tellin we that de ball is in our court.

Excerpts from Beenieman speech.....

It’s not only the coach responsibility, yes it is my responsibility, but to realize it you also have to take up part of the responsibility and be very well prepared in physical and mental way. “Play with your heart and play with your soul. Play for your country and play for your country and your family.
 You have to play them with everything you have. You have some doubt that you can bring that to your team, your federation, your country, then please be honest with us,” Beenhakker ended. For training with the local-based players on Tuesday, Beenhakker has called.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 01:43:21 PM by Tallman »
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beenieman, you get my apologies & applause!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 05:10:52 PM »
a conceited post if I ever saw one.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 05:31:13 PM »
conceited rocwell? please explain!!!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 06:55:01 PM »
I sure yuh checking out the Socawarriors.net website these days because yuh does be answering all we concerns. Yuh aint got to admit it but I think we know now for sure that yuh care bout whaqt de fans thinks...

Well I find the implication that Beenhakker's actions are based on the various writings on this board conceited.  He's a man who's probably been criticised (whether it be online message boards, bars, print, and TV and any other place an opinion can be found) by more people than a one will be able to remember.

Thusly, his success will not be founded on ignoring his training and experience and making decisions to suit the ever changing public whims.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 07:39:55 PM »
Well I guess i can understand what your saying however this is not the Express or de Guardian or no gossip site, well sometimes but for de most part this is a die-hard football site and though there may not exist a coach or coaches at Beenie-man level on this site, there are coaches at different levels & experienced players/ex-players non the less. Had BSC listened a little more Whitley,Spann & Sancho might have been starters for him. (dreadlocks)

posters on this forum have at times predicted Beenie-man starting 11, strategy, upgrades and downgrades so unless is only magicians on this site a lot of the posters does be pretty on point a lot of times. Plus we does talk bout this Team EVERYDAY.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 08:47:04 PM »
With that post it seems you have missed my point, I will leave this argument for another time.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 07:49:37 AM »
Well I guess i can understand what your saying however this is not the Express or de Guardian or no gossip site, well sometimes but for de most part this is a die-hard football site and though there may not exist a coach or coaches at Beenie-man level on this site, there are coaches at different levels & experienced players/ex-players non the less. Had BSC listened a little more Whitley,Spann & Sancho might have been starters for him. (dreadlocks)

posters on this forum have at times predicted Beenie-man starting 11, strategy, upgrades and downgrades so unless is only magicians on this site a lot of the posters does be pretty on point a lot of times. Plus we does talk bout this Team EVERYDAY.

Yeah but which posters should he listen to when even among ourselves we have very contrary opinions. Should he listen to the man who say to bring back Wise? or the man who say to not bring back Wise?

Saying that we have at times prediced the starting eleven doesn't mean as much because we have also predicted wrong formations at the same time.

I think that what Rocwell is saying that this board is a fan board, a damn good one but a fan board all the same and Beenie really can't hang his hat on the varying opinions of the board because at the end of the day when your job is on the line you have to follow your convictions and not those of a website full of people that you do not know.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 08:38:49 AM »
Beenie is a boss coach and the three subs he made and the tactical switches made TT hold out for the 1-0.

He sub stern which alone.......give him more stripes than any other TT coach.

He find a replacement right back. He made the tactical adjustment to put Birchall back center and he get a good center in the form of Sancho.

Every other coach TT had even when winning........does make subs and the team does play shit after or cause more problems.

Each Sub beenie make in the last game fix a problem on the field and cause a threat to the US.

All who was calling for Charles..Beenie say he is not a wing back he is a center back. Look what happen.

We may not agree with Bennie on certain things but he know more than anyone of us on this forum about football. He know more about the game than all the players on the TT team combined and I will support whatever decision he makes with the TT side.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 09:00:37 AM »
   I agree whole-heartedly with your comments Touches. All Beenie's subs were good. I must applaud him for that, and yes when I saw John getting subbed I had to pinch myself to make sure I was not dreaming, Jones is pure class. Ok Beenie you for sure know what you have to do and who have to start on September 3rd, but after ALL of this it is the PLAYERS who have to PLAY like they want it more. Hard luck again to Lawrence, but he had to make that tackle after some boomsie played back the ball real dotish to Jack, I dunno why on earth they was playing back the ball to Jack most times eh. Sometimes conceeding a throw would have been less dangerous.

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 09:20:00 AM »
i second the opinion on atiba charles
u know how long i sayin that beenie know what he doin
he watchin men in trainin and know who can and cannot cut it.
iz no surprise that theobald and whitley is two men who consistently gettin sweat on his side.
they are, without a doubt, the two best local based players.
That second half squad had arena frownin and dem US boys intimidated
we need to play with the heart that we showed then.
I mus say i feel proud when i see dwight runnin his heart out and arguin with d ref about calls.
he is fully redeemed for the 2002 fiasco
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 09:36:24 AM »
I sure yuh checking out the Socawarriors.net website these days because yuh does be answering all we concerns. Yuh aint got to admit it but I think we know now for sure that yuh care bout whaqt de fans thinks...

Well I find the implication that Beenhakker's actions are based on the various writings on this board conceited.  He's a man who's probably been criticised (whether it be online message boards, bars, print, and TV and any other place an opinion can be found) by more people than a one will be able to remember.

Thusly, his success will not be founded on ignoring his training and experience and making decisions to suit the ever changing public whims.

Rocwell you had me smiling wid this one. This discussion board is no different than an old talk session in an everyday football lime. The difference is its in writing! No coach worth his salt will make decisions based on what he read here or even "scout" as some have suggested. Simply because no one on the board is in camp or understand the dynamics of the team. No disrespect but men on the board have team line ups with sweeper / stopper formation, something that has not been played since the 60's or earlier (just an example).
Peoples view on whom should play is mainly through preference rather than actual performance and less be honest most are based on after the fact. The coach rightly or wrongly makes his decisions based on several factors, but I will say. Nothing confuses players more than constant changes to "system" The players available makes the system.  Beenie knows that and he will succeed or go down with his own methods and ideas, not those of the fans. As Scolari said when he came under fire for dropping Figo and others from Portugal squad. "I did not listen to 160 million people, why would I listen to 20 million."

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 09:39:45 AM »
If Beenie doesn't think Atiba can play right back then why de ass Beenie start him at right back then?  I know Cyd is no better (why is he even in the team then?) but he could have played Sancho there.
Yes Beenie made some good subs, but obviously the subs go look better if you pick the wrong players to start with.  Starting Stern over Jones would be another example of this.  
And then we wonder why we does take so long to settle?  He needs to get the selection right from the start, not after 45 mins gone.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 02:46:54 PM »
My bad fellas, ah guess I was being facetious. Let it be known however that Stern John get sub on de site before he get sub on the field and its not a matter of who to listen too but the general concensus most times are within range of the reality.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2005, 03:13:00 PM »
No disrespect but men on the board have team line ups with sweeper / stopper formation, something that has not been played since the 60's or earlier (just an example).

Aye...wha happen to yuh at all?  Ken Elie who get serious praise and encouragement from de one's who does be criticisin any foreign coach at every turn, was usin a sweeper system fuh de Under 15 team.

Look how well dem do.   ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>