March 29, 2024, 02:16:32 AM

Author Topic: Densill puts in MoM performance, Dennis wants Swansea to push on‏.  (Read 4715 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Spann wants to deliver some more.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Silvio Spann is trying to live up to the expectations of the Wrexham management and support base as he admits that there has been some pressure on him to perform since his arrival at the club earlier this year.
Spann said his spectacular free kick goal against El Salvador at the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup was widely seen at Wrexham and it has left the fans wanting more from in Wrexham colours.
“The biggest challenge was adjusting to the direct way of play which naturally brought about an increase in the intensity of the game here also,” Spann told TTFF Media.
“There are definitely some expectations of me and compared to Dennis, Hector and Carlos the people here find that I have settled in faster than them. The only thing is that they saw the goal I scored in the Gold Cup and this means they are expecting a lot from me,” he added.
Spann is targeting 16 goals for the club this season.
“The goals I’ve set are in the short term. I want at least 16 goals to try and help my team better its position on the standings And long term I think everyone should know is to follow along the footsteps of my fellow countrymen,” Spann stated.
He also recalled his first goal for the club as his most memorable moment thus far.
“I am satisfied with the amount of playing time I'm getting but moreso, I'm happy with my performance thus far but there is always room for improvement.
“My most memorable moment this season was scoring my first goal for my club to bring us level, hopefully by the grace of God.”
The former W Connection player is hoping he won’t have too much more days to countdown before representing the country again.
“I'm definitely looking forward to putting back on my national colours again. I'm even more hungry to play now since I couldn’t  play in the last World Cup. I'm praying that God gives me health and strength this time around so that I can go all the way.”
He recalled how he has kept in touch with some of his teammates based on the outside, particularly last Friday which marked the two-year anniversary of T&T’s World Cup qualification.
“I spoke to some of the other Soca Warriors just to remind them of our history when we defeated Bahrain, two in particular was Latas and Dwighty cause I think this meant more to them having missed out in 1989. This was very important to us especially after  viewing of our anniversary video put  together by Shaun Fuentes which brought the memories rushing back and was inspiring, ” Spann said.
He also felt the need to endorse the current establishing of the Football Players Association.
“In most countries there is a players association and its geared towards looking after the needs of the players and to work along towards the benefit of the association and football on a whole in terms of international representation. I think it’s a good idea,” Spann ended.
News from the 20th of November 2007

Warner: 2008 a hectic year for football.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation Special Advisor Jack Warner says planning of international friendlies for this country’s National Senior Team will receive further attention following the draw for the 2010 World Cup qualifying preliminary round which takes place in Durban on Sunday. Warner was speaking following the TTFF’s Annual General Meeting at the Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence on Sunday.
Warner addressed some matters including the continuation of the National Under 17 team from the recent FIFA Under 17 World Championship in South Korea, the preparations of the Senior Team for 2010 World Cup and the celebrations of the TTFF’s centennial year which he said could see an international game against Germany’s National Team and a visit by FIFA President Sepp Blatter.
“Next year will be the 100th anniversary of the TTFF and they  have formed a centennial celebrations committee under the chairmanship of  Kenny De Silva and the CEO will be Mr Pater O’Connor. We decided this (Sunday) morning that all the events next year will be part of the centennial celebrations. Mr Blatter has agreed to come for the centennial dinner and we will also have matches to commemorate this with possibly Germany. We will also have a Caribbean Under 16 competition for Girls and Boys next year. We will also have events involving our regional association and to ensure all arms of football play some functional role to mark role in the celebrations,” Warner told TTFF Media.
Warner added that the 2008 programme will be a hectic one and he remains confident of the country’s chances in the 2010 World Cup qualifying bid.
“Our first World Cup qualifying  match will be in June and it will be a very big affair. We hope to also have our Caribbean colleagues to take part in the events because this is a milestone.
“We have the capacity and ability to qualify again for 2010 once we get our act together. I have extreme confidence that we shall do it. I have told the Football Federation to let their politics work for them. If they do that they should have  very good  working relationship with the Government and the Ministry of Sport to make sure the assistance that they need… they have  it on an ongoing basis. I repeat the Federation alone cannot do it. It has to be a collective responsibility of the Federation, business (and)  definitely the Government,” Warner said.
He further stated that there will be review of national team staff members as well as a program which will see the Under 17 players graduate to the Under 20 level. Aside from that the TTFF continues to embark on the development of coaches through its coaching license programmes and local participants continue to attend the different workshops hosted by FIFA/CONCACAF.
“We did say we will keep that team together and it shall form the nucleus of our Under 20 team. There will be  screening for these teams at the youth level after Carnival in February and there will be reviews of staff members and the selection process will take place for the various teams. ”
Warner added that serious emphasis will be placed on the development of officials in the various areas of the local game with an eye on ensuring that T&T is represented on CONCACAF and FIFA committees.
“We have to have a special meeting where we shall look very candidly… objectively to see how we can fill the leadership void that exists at all levels as  this is now in short supply. This will be done at our retreat on December 2. I give you the assurance that the Referees Assistance programme which FIFA has approved and which CONCACAF will institutionalize next year shall also benefit our referees here because generally speaking refereeing in CONCACAF and particularly in the Caribbean is at a very low level,” Warner added.

View Jack Warner Interview.
News from the 08th of November 2007

Jabloteh starlet seeks new legacy.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

Family guy

"I could be the best player in the world," said 19-year-old CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh midfielder Ataullah Guerra. "All I have to do is stay honest and truthful to myself and work hard. And pray too because He can take it back in the snap of a finger."
Guerra is not an animated speaker and, throughout an hour-long interview, he rarely fidgeted. His voice remained steady and there was no attempt at dramatic effect as he revealed his plans for global domination.
There is no evidence of vanity either-that would suggest a foolish belief in something imaginary. Guerra is certain that his talent is very real and his conviction is supported by knowledgeable football men from 2007 Under-17 World Cup coach Anton Corneal and Jabloteh boss and ex-England senior World Cup player Terry Fenwick to respected Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp.
"Once he gets the physical side of his game in tune with his technical ability," says Corneal, "we are looking at a future top international. His game is based on skill and he handles the ball well.
"Once he is in the right atmosphere, I think he can go places."
Guerra lives with his family on the border of John John and downtown Port of Spain. From his yard, he can see some of the city's more majestic buildings as well as some of the less savoury elements of his community while the traffic intersection, within a stone's throw, can lead to the Eastern Main Road, Churchill Roosevelt Highway, Priority Bus Route or into the heart of his humble and often rough neighbourhood. He has spent most of his life at the crossroads too.
Everyday, Guerra steps outside and sees the "Guerra Wall of Peace"-a landmark painted in tribute to his late, controversial big brother, Mark Guerra. A gangster to some and community leader to others, Mark, a Jamaat-al-Muslimeen member, died in a hail of bullets in 2003 at age 40. Guerra adored Mark and remains in awe of his influence.
"I remember when he brought (Prime Minister Patrick) Manning into John John and walked him throughout the community without any police protection or anything," said Guerra. "I walked behind him and thought 'wow, he really has power boy'."
Guerra is proud of his brother's perceived fame but he hopes to conquer the world in a very different and much safer career.
He was 11 when Mark returned from the United States to live with his family in John John. The communal abode consists of four houses which are home to parents Marcus and Valerie Guerra and nine sons and four daughters, exclusive of Mark and one daughter who resides abroad.
Most of the stories Guerra heard of his brother came off the street. Mark was fiercely private and Guerra was probably considered too young to understand his brother's complicated life.
"I never saw the bad side of (Mark)," he said. "I only saw the love. I heard that he did a lot of bad things growing up but I only saw him trying to help people and uplift the community."
Guerra saw Mark angry just once and he was on the receiving end. It was the young man's first and, hopefully, last gang experience. Guerra, 11, went into the city with "the wrong crowd" who were intent on acquiring toy caps guns without paying for them. But one of their would-be victims had a knife and Guerra's long scar on his right forearm will forever remind him of the dangers inherent in such a lifestyle.
He received 21 stitches for his wound and some firm clouts and threats from Mark as reprimands. Another sibling, Marvin Guerra, took him aside for counselling. Marvin was credited by Guerra for early coaching sessions at the age of four with a lawn tennis ball and introducing him to the Trendsetter Hawks Football Club, two years later. As their biological father Marcus Guerra, a former local middleweight boxer, struggled to support his 14 children financially-Guerra sometimes worked in the Unemployment Relief Programme (URP) to supplement his allowance while attending school at Mucurapo-Marvin would sometimes assist with money for football boots.
As Guerra pondered the dark road of gang violence, Marvin, a former Malick Secondary footballer, insisted that sport held his best chance at escaping poverty.
"The name 'Ataullah' means unique," says Marvin. "There is no one like you."
Guerra listened.
At 16, he boarded an aircraft for the first time as the youngest member of Corneal's under-20 team and, in the return leg, came off the bench to score the decisive goal as the young "Soca Warriors" edged Cuba 6-5 on goal aggregate.
"I never feel nervous," he says. "I know what I can do."
Months after his 19th birthday, Guerra signed professional forms with Jabloteh on a one-year deal after spurning advances from Pro League rivals Vibe CT 105 W. Connection and Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA.
He came close to a European move, four months ago, but a work permit refusal for Jabloteh teammate Lester Peltier also meant curtains for him and Khaleem Hyland who were all denied a move to English Premiership club, Portsmouth. There was an enjoyable stint at Scotland Premier League champions, Celtic, too but Guerra still has to bide his time.
His time with Jabloteh-at present, the Pro League leaders-has been promising so far although Guerra is frustrated at his failure to cement a starting position. Still, Fenwick is a big fan of the young midfielder and vows to do his utmost to prepare him for life as a professional.
"He is six foot one and a great athlete with great feet and terrific close control," says Fenwick, a former Tottenham and England international defender. "I think his composure in the attacking areas of the pitch is second to none in the country, but I don't think he has 90 minutes in him yet so I try to use him for 20- or 30-minute spells.
"I am still trying to figure out how he works so I can press the right buttons and get him to perform for 90 minutes and not 20 or 30."
Peltier hogs the headlines, due to his well publicised unsuccessful work permit application, while Hyland receives the most playing time, but there is the suggestion that Guerra has gifts to surpass even his talented teammates. Jabloteh play fast and direct football. Relentless and ruthless, they try to bully opponents into submission.
Guerra's qualities are more artistic. A self-confessed fan of the more cerebral exponents of the game like Argentine playmaker Juan Roman Riquelme and, his personal favourite, former French maestro Zinedine Zidane, the lanky teenager brings a refreshing poise and wizardry to the Jabloteh engine room.
Guerra did not excel as a student but his feet are capable of brilliant things and his decision-making capabilities are promising. He is not short on confidence either.
"I was born with skill," he said. "I did not train to get it. I am very good on the ball, but I think (I stand out) because of the way I think on the field.
"I make decisions in a split second."
National under-23 coach Michael McComie did not find a spot for Guerra in his disastrous, short- lived Olympic Games qualifying campaign. But Corneal, an assistant to head coach Wim Rijsbergen, appears to be more impressed with his gifts and rubbished any notion that he might be a bad apple.
"He is very coachable and has a lovely attitude towards practice," Corneal says.
But there is concern that the tough reality of life in John John and the negative connotations surrounding his title, might retard his progress. The weekend murder of 27-year-old Superstar Rangers midfielder Kerwin Cooper on Bournes Road, St James, provided an unhappy example that the nation's talented players are not exempt from the scourge of gang violence.
"We hope to have Guerra in a (private club) apartment by next season," says Fenwick. "We want to get him away from Laventille and what is going on there particularly in light of this G-unit (gang) business. It is the same with Peltier in Carenage.
"But Guerra is very close to his family and especially his sister (Olufemi Marsha Guerra) who, I must say, seems a very sensible person. He has great talent and I have been enjoying him in my team but I think he needs to go abroad to better himself.
"When he goes home at night, you don't know what is going on."
Corneal too is anxious that Guerra makes more use of his talent than a fellow inner-city playmaker, Kerwin "Hardest" Jemmott, who was sacked by Rangers for indiscipline this season just months after forcing his way back into the national team.
"He has above average potential," says Corneal. "In two years' time, you can never tell where he can go."
Guerra dreams of being able to provide a comfortable lifestyle for his entire family one day in a very different way to his deceased brother.
A few years ago, he recalled being introduced to veteran Jamaican dancehall singer, Ninjaman, who was protected during his stay in Trinidad by his brother Marvin's security firm, Triple M.
Ninjaman is famous for his aggressive lyrics and antics but he knew who the real "don" was.
"Your brother (Mark) was the baddest man in Trinidad," said Ninjaman.
Ataullah plans to appeal to a much wider audience through a more enjoyable medium.
"Expect big things from me," he says. "Expect me to be a national footballer and to play abroad. My goal is to be in the Trinidad and Tobago team that goes to the 2010 World Cup.
"I know that nothing comes easy but I am just taking it step by step."
There could hardly be a better example for the positive influence of sport than the Jabloteh teenager if he does beat a legitimate path to success. The Guerra family might soon be under new management. The Soca Warriors could be better off as a result.
News from the 02nd of November 2007

Dennis aims to keep Swansea in the promotion race.

Swansea City defender Dennis Lawrence is hoping that his club can continue pressing on for promotion into the Championship Division following their bright start to the current season.
Lawrence has settled well at the club and has seen countryman Jason Scotland also become a vital part of Swansea ’s attacking front. Hard work has paid off for them according to Lawrence.
“It’s been a decent start to the season this far for the team as we have worked really hard throughout the preseason and we were looking to be in the thick of things at the right end of the table where we are at the minute,” Lawrence said on Wednesday.
“But in saying this it’s a very long season and by no way it’s going to be easy so we have to try as a team to find ways to maintain our work rate in order to have any chance of achieving our targets.”
He believes Scotland will continue to perform well and welcomed the one-week stint at the club for former T&T Under 20 captain Radanfah Abu Bakr.
“Jason has come to the club and fitted in very well and he has set his standards. He knows that as long as he keeps his head down and works hard the goals will come and I have been nothing but delighted with him since he arrived here. I take personal responsibility with him as I have known him for years now (since Defence Force days) and I only want to see him go on to bigger things which I’m very sure he is destined for.
“Radanfah has come to the club for a week which I think can only be good for him in terms of experiencing what British football is all about. It also gives the chance to our manager of having a first hand view of what he has to offer which can only be good for him,” Lawrence added. Swansea are now second on the League One table with 23 points, one behind Carlisle.

Theobald turns in Man of the Match performance for Ujpest.[/b]

National Senior Team midfielder Densill Theobald turned in a “Man of the Match” performance for his Hungarian club Ujpest FC as they held defending League champions Debrecen 0-0 in a first leg League Cup quarter final clash earlier this week.
Theobald played the full 90 and was buzzing after his performance against the current League leaders which earned him some rave reviews from the club head coach Urbanyi Istvan.
“I think I came through quite well and it felt good to get the man of the match award. I’ve been working hard to make an impact here and it seems things are starting to happen,” Theobald told TTFF Media on Wednesday.
Istvan was equally impressed, telling the Hungarian media: “I decided to put Theobald in the stands for our last match but his attitude towards training afterwards was of a true professional and you can see how good a player he was last night. He was man of the match for me. I admire Theobald as a player and a person,” the head coach said.
“He coming from a very different style of football to here so we have to give him time to adjust and be consistent. I told him he has to play the Hungarian way of football which is  lot of fighting, battling, running and in a sense… direct football which he has been doing well but a bit inconsistently.
“I told him that he is a knowledgeable player with plenty of experience and drive and with that performance last night he has a big part to play in us winning the championship this season,” Istvan added. Ujpest are currently fourth on the League standings with 25 points, one behind leaders Debrecen. They take on 8th  spot Gyor on Saturday.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 05:21:56 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
Re: Densill puts in MoM performance, Dennis wants Swansea to push on‏.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 02:40:09 PM »

“He coming from a very different style of football to here so we have to give him time to adjust and be consistent. I told him he has to play the Hungarian way of football which is  lot of fighting, battling, running and in a sense… direct football which he has been doing well but a bit inconsistently.
“I told him that he is a knowledgeable player with plenty of experience and drive and with that performance last night he has a big part to play in us winning the championship this season,” Istvan added.

Since there is an ongoing look at a "National Philosophy" on the best approach to the development of our players, I'm wondering if the style of play Densil is being asked to play by this coach would help him bring a different dimension to our national team. We speak a lot about the cultural aspect of our game...skill /flair etc. Is this player going to have to readjust his style if 4 or 5 days when he returns for national duty? Should our players be looking to play in places where the style of play is more suited to our style? Should our players primary concern be to get an opportunity to earn a living anywhere so they can pay the bills?
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 02:48:50 PM »

“I told him that he is a knowledgeable player with plenty of experience and drive and with that performance last night he has a big part to play in us winning the championship this season,” Istvan added.

Since there is an ongoing look at a "National Philosophy" on the best approach to the development of our players, I'm wondering if the style of play Densil is being asked to play by this coach would help him bring a different dimension to our national team. We speak a lot about the cultural aspect of our game...skill /flair etc. Is this player going to have to readjust his style if 4 or 5 days when he returns for national duty? Should our players be looking to play in places where the style of play is more suited to our style? Should our players primary concern be to get an opportunity to earn a living anywhere so they can pay the bills?
Our style should be striving to include this: "a lot of fighting, battling, running." If he bring that back with him, better for us.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 02:52:05 PM »
His improvement is our improvement especially since he eh on d blacklist
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 03:09:42 PM »
Congrats to both of them

Especially Theobald doin well in such a foreign culture...........how  he reach Hungary again?

It have Hungarian scouts in T&T?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 03:16:58 PM »
i just happy to see some news about bleeder, just the other day me and hardest was talkin about we ent hear from him, at least he doing well over there, in reagrds to ck1 statement, i fine he talkin real sense, i think spain, germany and italy is more our style of play, many would disagree but that is in my opinion, i think its not bad to bring a diff style to your game but why not improve on your current game and go to a league that suits your play..

God is de BOSS....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 03:21:51 PM »
Just sunday he cross my mind. Good to hear he finding he feet. Keep it up Bleeder.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 04:34:54 PM »
And this is where in my opinion from d national side where the coaching staff need to come up trumps and earn their pay. A team like ours need a coach who is a master tactician and motivator. We have players playing all over d globe, playing in a mulitplicity of roles and different styles with their clubs and when the national team assembles for a couple training sessions before an international game, the coach needs to have a set plan on what the philosophy is, what players playing where and maximize that same ability of a set of guys all specialized in their respctive roles to come together and be cohesive and execute the game plan.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 07:15:03 PM »
Great news on all four players. Much appreciated. Glad to hear especially about Bleeder as we wern't hearing much about him. We all know his contribution to the national game is in a crucial area of the pitch.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 10:28:51 AM »
Oww Gwaaaddd.  How I miss dis post boy.  Ah tell all yuh Bleedah is de general..Man ah wish ah could ah see dat performance.  De man fireball bad.  Wait and see, is ah different kettle ah fish when he come back to play for TnT again.  And we goh silence all de critics.  For all de men who big him up.  Respect brodders because ah know all yuh could recognize quality, and thanks for de suppport.  Because yuh know it have some men was laughing and saying de man cyah even talk properly and he aint go survive de league, and ah whole heap ah #$%^ and ray ray.  But anyways, time will tell.  So now we know dat de midfield is Theobald and any odder 3 for TnT.  Well done skipper

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 11:48:32 AM »
He have the best technique amongst active players by far. I respect his role.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Densill puts in MoM performance, Dennis wants Swansea to push on‏. malic
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 01:09:25 PM »
good going to man like bleeder  big malick player

and  a special big up to the malick contingent at swansea

hard luk abu
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 06:51:07 PM »
He have the best technique amongst active players by far. I respect his role.

Alot of people might laugh, but iz true. Very orthodox player and quality first touch. Without a good first touch yuh just cyah make in de internartional arena. He'll do well.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 08:06:44 PM »

and one more time what is our style of play?

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 10:00:48 PM »

and one more time what is our style of play?
Good question??? Maybe Densil's culb coach knows since he is stating that "HE (DENSIL) IS COMING FROM A DIFFERENT STYLE OF FOOTBALL TO THE WAY THEY PLAY IN HUNGARY..." This is just an observation I made which triggered these questions I'm asking. If these questions are not legit...no problem.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

1]; } ?>