April 18, 2024, 07:53:06 PM

Author Topic: One man's trash is another man's treasure...  (Read 1302 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
One man's trash is another man's treasure...
« on: August 21, 2005, 01:55:32 PM »
I have seen posters try to dis de program about how some of we players this and dat. One man ask, Is Dog dat good? and Avery and Tallest.
Let me be quite clear. True indeed you dont want to over-hype no one but at the same time remember that these fellas is all we got. If we had more they would have been on the field. Bloody Zamora is a perfect example. So rather than dis "De Dog" de man who help and hurt we over the years, I instead choose to big up de man dem who try their best for us despite their inabilities. If we talking about Stern John, that  is a different story, there is no excuse for shear laziness but tell me de day that Dog, Avery or Sancho has looked lazy. Avery get he head buss last game and still went back on and ruff up twellman enough to make him stay out de area. Fellas might have been off their game but they still tend to give their all and guess what, they are all we got. So I agree, criticism is essential but even like parents, people sometimes tend to big up de bad alot but negate the good however little that is produced.

(1)We dont have no development program in place
(2) Everybody on de Team is 50 years old
(3) TTFF is TTFF
(4) Manning is Manning
(5) and Anton Corneal incharge of we Youths

So please massive, leh we remember that with all those fundamentals missing we probably have no right to be in de Hex but we are here and I believe doing the very best that we can. Yuh cya get sheep from goat remember that. Until we develop some goat we have to applaude and support we sheep.   To all de haters, put that in yuh pipe and smoke dat and if yuh could do better call Oliver Camps and if not hush yuh assss and clap when dem fellas leaving there lives and clubs to fly around de world to wear de Red, White & Black.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: One man's trash is another man's treasure...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 06:44:41 PM »
Your points are well made, but I feel like i have to respond since you seem to be directing your comments towards my post "Is the Dog a goat?". I think if you read that post carefully and the responses, you will see that it is a healthy debate where just about every man who had something negative to say also highlighted the positive. Even the most critical poster came back and said he give the Dog 100% love once he step on the field. And just about everyone mentioned yes...he is the best we have and no..he is not a goat. We also came to the conclusion that we must remain constructive and decent in any criticism. Maybe your comments were directed elsewhere, but if not, what is the issue? Unless you just venting. Anyhow, we are free to discuss whether our best players have weaknesses or not. For the most part, your stance is everybody's stance... but do you really feel we cannot discuss how the fans ratee our star players' performances...negative or positive?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 07:51:00 PM »
surely one can discuss whatever a one chooses but your heading for that post was;

Is de man a Dog or a Goat?  I find that quite disrespectful actually. Show me the descent or constructive criticism in dat? Marvin got to read dat shit. De man aint even got no knee. pecong, we could handle dat but you tried to make serious of the fact after in the post. Yuh think the players dont check out de site? well i think some of them do and they can find constructive criticism about themselves here unless dey are unbelieveable pullin stones and then I can understand. Is Trinidad we born and were breed on shit talk.
De man name is de Big Marvin Andrews, Dog to his fans, say what you want about de fella abilities but doh call de man no goat not even in joke because  dat nah go work.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 08:15:14 PM »
i hearin' you bredda. respect and no worries. you z real kicks yes. What you mean he have no knee? :D...but for real, read the posts first nah. the first line I say clearly that the Dog eh no Goat. me...the same man who write the title start the discussion so. I was only trying to be clever with the Dog/Goat metaphor in the title....and after i realize that it didn't go over well, i was big enough to apologize for it in the same thread....but I only apologizing to keep the peace, cuz I eh find it disrespectful...it was a question not a statement. and if you took the time to read any of the posts, you would have seen the attempts at constructive criticism...and in many cases downright praise for the Dog. I didn't just pose the question and leave it so for man to run wild. I made a statement signalling my intent. So doh get all dictator-like and tell man how to pose a question and read first and see how men moving before you get hot and make statements that not true.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 08:25:24 PM »
If Im a Dictator then your a Democrat! 

And its "Dog" not The Dog...  The Dog is derogatory. and we dont derog our players now do we?

The post where you spoke about Lawrence 3 hits for MVP vs Marvin/Dog  you did not say "The Lawrence" so it cya be that you have to put a "The" before everything you say  but again you surely said "The Dog"... whats your scene?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 07:58:48 AM »
sorry bredda...i definitely not calling him The Dog to be derogatory. I thought that was his  nickname. I being sincere there (but how you could really compare a man real name with a next man nickname is beyond me...I eh know if you serious or on kix). Anyway, I not down with fighting with other soca warrior fans. So I done with that. We disagree and is cool. It shouldn't escalate beyond that. Hopefully in a post in the future we come out with the same side and you will realize I not no hater. And yeah...I am a democrat. What wrong with that? You a republican? heheh

Peace

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 02:54:19 PM »
Latas is back, another midfield option so I am a happy camper today. horaah.

Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>