March 29, 2024, 03:11:49 AM

Author Topic: liming in London with Kenwyne and the guys  (Read 18738 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
liming in London with Kenwyne and the guys
« on: November 02, 2007, 05:00:16 AM »
Those of you in London, particularly WN members, may be interested in an event FPATT hope to organise on friday 16th November in London.

Most of the Trini guys have agreed they will try to attend (so far we'ver heard from Kenwyne, Stern, Dwight, Brent, Kelvin, Carlos and Coxy)

We are hoping to host a "meet the players" eve at a London club and will raffle a couple of signed shirts. We are awaiting confirmation from several venues, but as its friday night, most places will be packed and therefore unwilling to allow us use. However, we were hoping to get exclusive use of a venue from 8pm until 10.30pm. Admissioin will be around £10, but you will get to meet the guys and have photos taken and get autographs. There will be DJs playing. After 10.30, you may stay at the venue, but it will be open to the public.

I will keep you updated, but this will be a great opportunity to meet the guys, and raise a few dollars for FPATT.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: liming in London with Kenwyne and the guys
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 05:50:08 AM »
That should be a nice lime.

I wonder how many people recognize that Nov 16th is the 2 year anniversary of the win over Bahrain, TnT's qualification for the World Cup?

Hopefully the guys could have a good chance to reminisce of the "good old days".

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 06:02:46 AM »
Ooooh if allyuh organise it, I'll come.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 06:02:50 AM »
I wonder how many people recognize that Nov 16th is the 2 year anniversary of the win over Bahrain, TnT's qualification for the World Cup?

I cant forget...its Tattoed on my left arm.....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 06:20:18 AM »
aaahhh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTjTurULPhY

Edit: what a GREAT time that will be had by ALL
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 05:36:02 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 06:26:04 AM »
isn't november 16th a scheduled date for international fixtures?

so is this confirmation that we have no game then?

or are they still blacklisted?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 06:36:46 AM »

Of Course there is no game TTFF=C*&%S

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 07:20:17 AM »

Of course they are STILL BLACKLISTED
 by that disrespectful, unkind, spiteful, disruptive, mean-spirited, confrontational, badminded, crude, grudging, cynical, heartless, judgemental, unapologetic, hateful, cold hearted, offensive, rotten to the core human being, that Jackula is.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 07:20:48 AM »
I will be there.  

by the way what music the djs playing  ;D

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 07:26:52 AM »
Ooooh if allyuh organise it, I'll come.

If you go I'll come just to annoy you and let everyone know your really GRENADIAN oops did that slip out lol ;D (Just Kidding)

Krosfyah & France on the same weekend too ;D

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 09:09:19 AM »

by that disrespectful, unkind, spiteful, disruptive, mean-spirited, confrontational, badminded, crude, grudging, cynical, heartless, judgemental, unapologetic, hateful, cold hearted, offensive, rotten to the core human being, that Jackula is.

If it turns out they are definitively blacklisted - like another game takes place and they are not called up - how would that affect their agreement to go to arbitration? Would they pull out of arbitration and go back to court?

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 09:33:37 AM »
Let me first say that I am not on either side here, just happen to think that inorder to arrive at the truth we need both sides of the story.  Itcame to me recently that I have not seen any information in regards to what the players were paid to represent T&T prior to and during the WC?  FPATT had touted their side of the story, which they are entitled to, but this board has ignored and laughed at everything said by the TTFF and their special advisor.  But, I happen to think that it is important for us to know the otherside, just like it was inportant for to know what the TTFF and the Special Advisor truly received in revenues.  What were the players paid to represent T&T?  Was it true that players families expenses were paid for, airlines, hotels, food etc. to attend the WC?  And if true should that monies be deducted?  A couple of days ago Riise's wageslip was posted on the internet and it showed  a game ticket and a mealwas deducted from his wages?  So, what is the truth here concerning the Soca Warrios and what is fair, time to stop speculating and manipulating.  FPATT representative have your say please it is very important that you do in this topic.  Your work for footballers in T&T is important work, so let us not diminish it's importance by leaving the impression that there is some hidden agendas??

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 09:38:46 AM »
If it turns out they are definitively blacklisted - like another game takes place and they are not called up - how would that affect their agreement to go to arbitration? Would they pull out of arbitration and go back to court?
well, if that is the case, I would think that if they continued with Arbitration that they would win.........................

hole orn, what am I smoking today ??
dem players will have a very hard time to win against FIFA's VP Jackula.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 09:40:38 AM »
I just have to be there,may even bring some mates.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 09:43:15 AM »
Let me first say that I am not on either side here, just happen to think that inorder to arrive at the truth we need both sides of the story.  Itcame to me recently that I have not seen any information in regards to what the players were paid to represent T&T prior to and during the WC?  FPATT had touted their side of the story, which they are entitled to, but this board has ignored and laughed at everything said by the TTFF and their special advisor.  But, I happen to think that it is important for us to know the otherside, just like it was inportant for to know what the TTFF and the Special Advisor truly received in revenues.  What were the players paid to represent T&T?  Was it true that players families expenses were paid for, airlines, hotels, food etc. to attend the WC?  And if true should that monies be deducted?  A couple of days ago Riise's wageslip was posted on the internet and it showed  a game ticket and a mealwas deducted from his wages?  So, what is the truth here concerning the Soca Warrios and what is fair, time to stop speculating and manipulating.  FPATT representative have your say please it is very important that you do in this topic.  Your work for footballers in T&T is important work, so let us not diminish it's importance by leaving the impression that there is some hidden agendas??
what are you saying?
that Jackula has NOT screwed players for years?
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 09:51:53 AM »
what are you saying?
that Jackula has NOT screwed players for years?

No I am not saying that at all.  We all know that he hasdone a lot of good things and bad at the same time, but, that discussion is a distraction from the question at hand. 

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 10:08:20 AM »

It's not possible to be all of this and still be ...a human beign :-\
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 10:08:29 AM »
No I am not saying that at all.  We all know that he hasdone a lot of good things and bad at the same time, but, that discussion is a distraction from the question at hand. 
OK, Mr. Diambars, if it is distracting from YOUR  question (as my question is not important) at hand, maybe you could be so kind as to
start another thread listing ALL the GOOD that Jackula has done for our players.
and to be Honest, Jackula has such a strangle hold on Players who want to represent their country, his influence permiates every fibre of TnT Football so any question concerning Jackula is pertinent.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 10:15:39 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 10:18:51 AM »

so are you saying that its possible to justify paying the players approx £500 for representing their country in the WC?
that even if we guesstimate at what monies the TTFF received from Adidas, and FIFA and the Govt and Corporate donations, that there could be a justifiable reason for such a low payout??

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 11:09:29 AM »
Dat go b anice lime and everybody on this Mb remember nov 16th where dey was what dey where etc etc etc
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 11:17:31 AM »
OK, Mr. Diambars, if it is distracting from YOUR  question (as my question is not important) at hand, maybe you could be so kind as to
start another thread listing ALL the GOOD that Jackula has done for our players.
and to be Honest, Jackula has such a strangle hold on Players who want to represent their country, his influence permiates every fibre of TnT Football so any question concerning Jackula is pertinent.

The reason it is distracting is, we already know and has talked about all of things that Jack has done, no secrets there.  So to continue outlining them is like "spinning top in mud", I am sure you would agree.  Now ask yourself, isn't it important that we know what the players were truly paid?  I agree, they do deserve more than 5oo pounds or USD, whether the currency was, but the FPATT rep seems to be avoiding the question.  Why is that?  Was Dwight paid 750USD a game or was he paid 7500USD per game?  I think this is important so that we all can have a clear picture on what is going on in the country.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 11:30:17 AM »
are you now suggesting that some players had a "Private Deal " with Jackula?
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 11:33:00 AM »
OK, Mr. Diambars, if it is distracting from YOUR  question (as my question is not important) at hand, maybe you could be so kind as to

The reason it is distracting is, we already know and has talked about all of things that Jack has done, no secrets there.  So to continue outlining them is like "spinning top in mud", I am sure you would agree.  Now ask yourself, isn't it important that we know what the players were truly paid?  I agree, they do deserve more than 5oo pounds or USD, whether the currency was, but the FPATT rep seems to be avoiding the question.  Why is that?  Was Dwight paid 750USD a game or was he paid 7500USD per game?  I think this is important so that we all can have a clear picture on what is going on in the country.

Diambars, look here this has been posted: http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28714.0
The spreadsheet has a line "players match fees"

Players match Fees
2005 Feb 09 TRI-USA TT 148,259
2005 Mar 26 GUA-TRI TT 150,000
2005 Mar 30 TRI-CRC TT 220,465
2005 Jun 04 TRI-PAN TT 567,000
2005 Jun 08 MEX-TRI TT 450,000
2005 Aug 17 USA-TRI TT 220,465
2005 Sep 03 TRI-GUA TT 516,600
2005 Sep 17 CRC-TRI TT 250,000
2005 Oct 08 PAN-TRI TT 600,000
2005 Oct 12 MEX-TRI TT 445,752
2005 Nov 12 TRI-BAH TT 794,115
2005 Nov 15 BAH-TRI TT 794,115
Euro Friendlies TT 713,407
TOTAL          TT     5,870,178    EURO  97,460   USD    252,100

So just roughly on a squad of 23 ~11,000 USD per player for the whole campaign

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 11:40:35 AM »
E-Mann, ya lie! :o ah whole $11,00 USD for the whole campaign
no wonder the TTFF brokes ::)
 :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 11:42:26 AM »
are you now suggesting that some players had a "Private Deal " with Jackula?

I am not suggesting anything, I am asking.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 11:44:25 AM »

Diambars, look here this has been posted: http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28714.0
The spreadsheet has a line "players match fees"

Players match Fees
2005 Feb 09 TRI-USA TT 148,259
2005 Mar 26 GUA-TRI TT 150,000
2005 Mar 30 TRI-CRC TT 220,465
2005 Jun 04 TRI-PAN TT 567,000
2005 Jun 08 MEX-TRI TT 450,000
2005 Aug 17 USA-TRI TT 220,465
2005 Sep 03 TRI-GUA TT 516,600
2005 Sep 17 CRC-TRI TT 250,000
2005 Oct 08 PAN-TRI TT 600,000
2005 Oct 12 MEX-TRI TT 445,752
2005 Nov 12 TRI-BAH TT 794,115
2005 Nov 15 BAH-TRI TT 794,115
Euro Friendlies TT 713,407
TOTAL          TT     5,870,178    EURO  97,460   USD    252,100

Thanks E-Man, but correct me if I am wrong, I do not see the WC games??  Also, why is the FPATT rep staying quiet on this issue?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 11:51:18 AM by Diambars »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 11:44:57 AM »
E-Mann, ya lie! :o ah whole $11,00 USD for the whole campaign
no wonder the TTFF brokes ::)
 :devil:

That is the TTFF's own spread sheet - the one that tries to say there was only $800 left over for World Cup bonuses- so it represents their side of the story.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2007, 11:47:04 AM »
Sweeeeeeeeeeet.... g will be there, well wherever it gonna hold. I'll be in london for a couple weeks on vacation. Keep us posted FPATT
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2007, 11:48:23 AM »
Also, is the FPATT rep staying quiet on this issue?
tell us what YOU know first
I smell a rat
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2007, 12:02:37 PM »
FPATT, need you to confirm place, time and other details ASAP, so I can promote the event and get people out there.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

1]; } ?>