March 28, 2024, 11:00:46 AM

Author Topic: liming in London with Kenwyne and the guys  (Read 18731 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: liming in London with Kenwyne and the guys
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2007, 12:06:53 PM »
Wow! What happened here? I went to work and came back to all these questions on different topics! Diambars, mate, you got to stop being paranoid! I have to work for a living mate, so I can only do this stuff out of work. You're beginning to sound like another TTFF mole!

Ok, firstly, no call has been made to UK based players that I am aware of to represent Trinidad in two weeks time. That suggests to me that there is no match arranged, because if there was, you would expect at least Kenwyne to get a call (and, of course, there is no blacklist).

Because its an international break, this worked out well, particularly as its the 2nd anniversary of Bahrain.

Sorry to disapoint you, Licks, but I will probably be one of the DJs together with some of my compadres. (We DJ regularly in East London. Sorry to say, its mainly 80's soul & RnB, but we may find a little Soca along the way!)

As for the questions from Diambars. I think its up to the players to disclose their personal incomes if they wish. I don't think Lampard or Ronaldo disclose their match fees.

I agree that transparency is important, so I suggest this:- Mr Warner, Mr Camps, Mr Roden declare there total incomes and the sources of that income, together with FULL & ACCURATE TTFF accounts , and I will onvince the players to do the same.

As this will never happen, I suggest that it is none of our business how much any player is paid. However, it becomes public interest if a player is lied to, fed alledgedly false and inaccurate accounts, has money witheld from him, is publicly libled and then has his career seriously hampered out of vindictiveness.

I agree, every story has two sides, and everyone on this site would love to hear TTFFs version. However, the only statements made have since been proved inaccurate. TTFF has its own press department, but has as yet failed to issue a statement concerning the $173 million, which, if you recall, they promised to do the day after the story was released.

Diambars, I'm not having a go at you, but I think you should write a letter to TTFF requesting their side of events, as they certainly don't seem keen to release this in the media. Also, although I do not know players exact match fees, I am aware that they have been seriously reduced since the world cup, and those guys that stepped up after the blacklist have been seriously ripped off.

In the meantime, I hope to meet loads of you guys at the lime on the 16th. We are close to securing the venue, but this is a fundraising event, so we need to make sure the costs are as low as possible.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2007, 12:16:54 PM »

Sorry to disapoint you, Licks, but I will probably be one of the DJs together with some of my compadres. (We DJ regularly in East London. Sorry to say, its mainly 80's soul & RnB, but we may find a little Soca along the way!)

:o

FPATT, this will need to be rectified... pronto!

:notlistening:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2007, 12:24:48 PM »
FPATT, go here and get some ideas ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2007, 12:27:53 PM »
Also, is the FPATT rep staying quiet on this issue?
tell us what YOU know first
I smell a rat

I never suggested I know anything, nor I am representing anyone.  Like you I am just a concerned fan that is tired of everyone using young Trini talent for their own financial gain.  I would like for everyone involved to come clean once and for all so that we can do what is best for the game in T&T.  It is time the people of T&T benefir from the talent we produce.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2007, 12:32:21 PM »

So, West Coast, are you dissin' me as a DJ  :rotfl:

I'll have you know that I've been spinning tunes in clubs and on radio for 20 years! 

But, thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. (By the way, anyone in east London can hear me tonite at the Hackney Empire, Mare St Hackney from 9 to late. Free entry!) Sorry about the advertising!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2007, 12:37:07 PM »
Those of you in London, particularly WN members, may be interested in an event FPATT hope to organise on friday 16th November in London.

Most of the Trini guys have agreed they will try to attend (so far we'ver heard from Kenwyne, Stern, Dwight, Brent, Kelvin, Carlos and Coxy)

We are hoping to host a "meet the players" eve at a London club and will raffle a couple of signed shirts. We are awaiting confirmation from several venues, but as its friday night, most places will be packed and therefore unwilling to allow us use. However, we were hoping to get exclusive use of a venue from 8pm until 10.30pm. Admissioin will be around £10, but you will get to meet the guys and have photos taken and get autographs. There will be DJs playing. After 10.30, you may stay at the venue, but it will be open to the public.

I will keep you updated, but this will be a great opportunity to meet the guys, and raise a few dollars for FPATT.

That sounds really nice FPATT, hope you guys could pull it off.  Be sure to post it on the Sunderland boards as it becomes more confirmed, I'm sure they would welcome the opportunity to come hang out with some of their guys, even if it might be a little pull getting to London.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2007, 12:38:15 PM »
So, West Coast, are you dissin' me as a DJ  :rotfl:
I'll have you know that I've been spinning tunes in clubs and on radio for 20 years! 
But, thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. (By the way, anyone in east London can hear me tonite at the Hackney Empire, Mare St Hackney from 9 to late. Free entry!) Sorry about the advertising!!
nah man ya jez need some fine tuning.....excuse the pun ;D
ya could contact dis fella for some pointers, as I believe that he is a SOCAPro ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 12:44:12 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2007, 12:41:31 PM »
Let me first say that I am not on either side here, just happen to think that inorder to arrive at the truth we need both sides of the story.  Itcame to me recently that I have not seen any information in regards to what the players were paid to represent T&T prior to and during the WC?  FPATT had touted their side of the story, which they are entitled to, but this board has ignored and laughed at everything said by the TTFF and their special advisor.  But, I happen to think that it is important for us to know the otherside, just like it was inportant for to know what the TTFF and the Special Advisor truly received in revenues.  What were the players paid to represent T&T?  Was it true that players families expenses were paid for, airlines, hotels, food etc. to attend the WC?  And if true should that monies be deducted?  A couple of days ago Riise's wageslip was posted on the internet and it showed  a game ticket and a mealwas deducted from his wages?  So, what is the truth here concerning the Soca Warrios and what is fair, time to stop speculating and manipulating.  FPATT representative have your say please it is very important that you do in this topic.  Your work for footballers in T&T is important work, so let us not diminish it's importance by leaving the impression that there is some hidden agendas??

What the ass does this have to do with the topic at hand?  Irrespective of what the players were paid before or during the Cup the dispute hinges on promises made after Germany...promises which were then not delivered on.

As I said elsewhere, I'm convinced that some ah allyuh just being deliberately obtuse at this point.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2007, 01:22:31 PM »

Fuh reeeeeeal.  :rotfl:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2007, 01:35:51 PM »

so wuh yuh hopin for...a whole night of Quiet Riot and Dio.....or you one ah dem tight pants flamenco spanish boys?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2007, 01:38:15 PM »
.....or you one ah dem tight pants flamenco spanish boys?
maybe, the Bay City Rollers :rotfl: :rotfl:

sorry man...could not resist ;)
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2007, 02:43:07 PM »
Diambars,
             I applaud you for being objective. But for over 25 years we have experienced Jack and TTFF modus operandi. I know which side I am on. I am on the players side. You can call that biased. I am not shedding any tears or sympathy for the football association. They can never cry poverty. If so, all of them would have be out of football and working somewhere else.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2007, 03:10:55 PM »
Ah thinking this when 'redtrinigirl ' getting she fix.......

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2007, 03:43:38 PM »

:rotfl: @bolded

No worries.  I will bring a cd with soca mp3s for yuh  ;D.  Yuh cah have a socawarriors lime without soca.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2007, 03:50:00 PM »
Diambars,
 I applaud you for being objective. But for over 25 years we have experienced Jack and TTFF modus operandi. I know which side I am on. I am on the players side. You can call that biased. I am not shedding any tears or sympathy for the football association. They can never cry poverty. If so, all of them would have be out of football and working somewhere else.

I could make the very same statement, I have very close friends that have been treated badly my the TTFF, but we have to careful as we move forward to make everything is out in the open.  Why did the senior players pull out of this action?  If we look, despite what FPATT said ealier, we can tell what England, America or any of the developed nations players will be getting for their next game.  Guys/Gals like West Coast are to simple to minded to discuss these issues with becausr all they do is call people names ... so I will forget him.  But, I am sure we all agree the players should have be paid their worth and after cost the difference should go towrad the development of football.  How can we figure this out if we do not know what the players were paid, or are we just motivated by out hatred for Jack.  If the latter is the case, then may the Lord, Allah, Buddah etc.,  bless everyone that is in that position.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2007, 04:11:18 PM »
Diambars,

I could make the very same statement, I have very close friends that have been treated badly my the TTFF, but we have to careful as we move forward to make everything is out in the open.  Why did the senior players pull out of this action?  If we look, despite what FPATT said ealier, we can tell what England, America or any of the developed nations players will be getting for their next game.  Guys/Gals like West Coast are to simple to minded to discuss these issues with becausr all they do is call people names ... so I will forget him.  But, I am sure we all agree the players should have be paid their worth and after cost the difference should go towrad the development of football.  How can we figure this out if we do not know what the players were paid, or are we just motivated by out hatred for Jack.  If the latter is the case, then may the Lord, Allah, Buddah etc.,  bless everyone that is in that position.

but what is being debated is if the players got their fair shair of the 50% of all revenue that Jack promised them.  Can you think of any imanginalbe circumstances that would whittle those revenues down to 500 per player?
if so I would like to hear them, because its seems to me that you are incinuating that maybe just maybe they were fairly paid, because we dont knwo what the match fees were for the games leading up to the world cup, or because their families may have gotten sponsored trips.
doh add up to me, but daiz jus me

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2007, 06:30:08 PM »
 Guys/Gals like West Coast are to simple to minded to discuss these issues with becausr all they do is call people names ... so I will forget him.  
If you could show me where I called you a "Name", please quote it here for me. Thank you very much. If you are referring to me calling you Jackula, I find that amusing as others have done the same YET you do not mention their name. why is that Sir? Did the intensity of my support of the players hit a raw nerve and your only response was to single me out?
In this day and age of the internet, where you can get all kinds of in formation about this issue, especially right here on this forum, I was under the impression that all you were trying to do is dig up stuff against the players, and in my opinion if you were really objective you would not think that way. Jackula has treated MANY players badly, and I think that the reason that they do not complain is that Jackula holds in his hands all the cards.
I do not personally know any player therefore have nothing personal in this matter so I am just trying to give my support to those who I know have been badly treated.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 06:42:26 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2007, 06:37:58 PM »
  Guys/Gals like West Coast are to simple to minded to discuss these issues with becausr all they do is call people names ... so I will forget him. 
If you could show me where I called you a "Name", please quote it here for me. Thank you very much.
In this day and age of the internet, where you can get all kinds of in formation about this issue, I was under the impression that all you were trying to do is dig up stuff against the players, and in my opinion if you were really objective you would not think that way. Jackula has treated MANY players badly, and the reason that they do not complain is that Jackula holds in his hands all the cards.
I do not personally know any player therefore have nothing personal in this matter so I am just trying to give my support to those who I know have been badly treated.

I must ask what is your source of information that make you so sure they "have been badly treated".  We must start asking the hard questions, because there is always piece of the puzzle missing.  Why did Dwight, Russell and others not sue?  I do not know why, but it is an interesting question to me, and no one has provided a convincing answer to that question.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2007, 06:48:43 PM »
  Guys/Gals like West Coast are to simple to minded to discuss these issues with because all they do is call people names ... so I will forget him. 
If you could show me where I called you a "Name", please quote it here for me. Thank you very much.
In this day and age of the internet, where you can get all kinds of in formation about this issue, I was under the impression that all you were trying to do is dig up stuff against the players, and in my opinion if you were really objective you would not think that way. Jackula has treated MANY players badly, and the reason that they do not complain is that Jackula holds in his hands all the cards.

I must ask what is your source of information that make you so sure they "have been badly treated".  We must start asking the hard questions, because there is always piece of the puzzle missing.  Why did Dwight, Russell and others not sue?  I do not know why, but it is an interesting question to me, and no one has provided a convincing answer to that question.
are you  suggesting that beacause I do not personally know any player that I am not able to form an opinion from what I have read in numerous articles that players have been treated badly? I have also contacted people in the TnT football world who know those same players.
as I have said, many players have been treated badly, not necessarily the players whom you have mentioned.
To answer your question about Dwight, Russell and others, maybe you should direct your enquiry towards them.
They may be a small few who have the benefit of proper advise as they ply their trade outside TnT, therefore are able to arrange the right agreements with Jackula.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 06:52:58 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2007, 07:25:45 PM »
Diambars,

but what is being debated is if the players got their fair shair of the 50% of all revenue that Jack promised them. Can you think of any imanginalbe circumstances that would whittle those revenues down to 500 per player?
if so I would like to hear them, because its seems to me that you are incinuating that maybe just maybe they were fairly paid, because we dont knwo what the match fees were for the games leading up to the world cup, or because their families may have gotten sponsored trips.
doh add up to me, but daiz jus me

Nothing is being incuinated here, questions are being raised that I believe is important to the entire process.  

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2007, 08:42:57 PM »

sI must ask what is your source of information that make you so sure they "have been badly treated".  We must start asking the hard questions, because there is always piece of the puzzle missing.  Why did Dwight, Russell and others not sue?  I do not know why, but it is an interesting question to me, and no one has provided a convincing answer to that question.

I have no personal knowledge of agreements between seperate individuals and TTFF, but, so what if Dwight and Russel have seperate agreements? Thats down to them and their agents. It may not be right, but if TTFF agreed, thats hard luck on the others. Each man can negotiate for themselves. As to famiuly receiving free trips, TTFF stated that they deducted flights, accomodation and food bills from the players share of the sponsorship money, so, in effect, the players paid for themselves. Strangely enough, although they never  kicked a ball, Warner, Camps, Roden, Fuentes, Berry and all the other hangers on didn't pay for themselves. Why is that fair? 

Diambars, if your so interested in what the players earned on their personal contract and you're so in favour of transparency, tell us what you do for a living and what you get paid. By the way, I get paid nothing for representing FPATT and I earn around £2,000 per month as a financial adviser. I used to earn more, but I give my time to FPATT now.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2007, 09:10:07 PM »
Diambars, I would like to invite you to go to this thread by Dreamer and read what our very good friend Jackula has done over the last few years. It is only 81 post long so take a few moments to read what Dreamer has done for us.

EDIT: Diambars, here are some articles by Lasana
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=15743.msg162330#msg162330
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=10914.msg99999#msg99999
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=14958.msg153996#msg153996
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28043.msg316646#msg316646
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28302.msg320366#msg320366
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=30863.msg353663#msg353663
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=31681.msg365095#msg365095
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=30298.msg345628#msg345628
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28253.msg319513#msg319513
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28697.msg326535#msg326535
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=31008.msg355747#msg355747
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28876.msg328798#msg328798
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28601.msg325076#msg325076
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=27752.msg312583#msg312583
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28944.msg329758#msg329758
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28164.msg318208#msg318208
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=25787.msg285222#msg285222
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=21716.msg230687#msg230687
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=9983.msg88365#msg88365
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=21076.msg221308#msg221308
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=10623.msg96295#msg96295
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=10684.msg96997#msg96997
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=9762.msg85529#msg85529
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=21589.msg228565#msg228565
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=10383.msg93450#msg93450
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=8529.msg72202#msg72202
this one is about FPATT
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28261.msg319727#msg319727
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 04:39:32 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2007, 09:41:08 PM »
Diambars, I would like to invite you to go to this thread by Dreamer and read what our very good friend Jackula has done over the last few years. It is only 81 post long so take a few moments to read what Dreamer has done for us.

This whole thing is ridiculous.  Even if Jack was fixing he halo fuh sainthood the line or argument being taken by Diambars would still be nonsensical.  Apparently he's not aware that there are two contractual issues at hand here: the first being the contract between the TTFF and the players leading up to the final in Germany...which would be relevant to his questions on how much the players were paid for their representation.  The second contract amounts to a bonus of sorts, and was promised to the players following the Germany campaign...this contract is separate from any discussion of what the players earned, and is the contract in dispute. 

Jack in a moment of either magnaminity or a desire to buy himself some goodwill (say nothing of stealing political cachet from Manning), took it upon himself to extend bonuses to the players on the behalf of the TTFF.  Once the post-Germany hoopla died down and the cameras went away he then tried to renege on the deal.  What Latas, Yorke or any other 'senior' players decide to do is on them, their business set and perhaps they don't need the promised money as bad.  Necessity aside, on sheer principle the players deserve what they were promised.  If we can all agree on the last part then I really don't see the need for any long talk about who's being demonized and who got paid what.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2007, 01:44:57 AM »

sI must ask what is your source of information that make you so sure they "have been badly treated".  We must start asking the hard questions, because there is always piece of the puzzle missing.  Why did Dwight, Russell and others not sue?  I do not know why, but it is an interesting question to me, and no one has provided a convincing answer to that question.

I have no personal knowledge of agreements between seperate individuals and TTFF, but, so what if Dwight and Russel have seperate agreements? Thats down to them and their agents. It may not be right, but if TTFF agreed, thats hard luck on the others. Each man can negotiate for themselves. As to famiuly receiving free trips, TTFF stated that they deducted flights, accomodation and food bills from the players share of the sponsorship money, so, in effect, the players paid for themselves. Strangely enough, although they never  kicked a ball, Warner, Camps, Roden, Fuentes, Berry and all the other hangers on didn't pay for themselves. Why is that fair? 

Diambars, if your so interested in what the players earned on their personal contract and you're so in favour of transparency, tell us what you do for a living and what you get paid. By the way, I get paid nothing for representing FPATT and I earn around £2,000 per month as a financial adviser. I used to earn more, but I give my time to FPATT now.

This is an interesting argument developing here.
TTFF must make or disclose all the payments they made to arrive at the 500lb  payment but not disclose the players salary.
FPATT in Trinidad anybody who is a Public Servant has his or her salary exposed in the Gazette.
Whilst I'm not saying that the players are public  servants why not have the TTFF say what the average pay is per game ? That way the private arrangements are shielded.
And how could FPATT fan support for pay issues if they don't disclose the
bad pay levels ?

I agree with Diambars that there should be disclosure on pay and if it turns out that the players each made exorbitant amount of money as their game fees and that affected TTFF's bottom line .. well let the chips fall where thay may.
However if it turns out that way then I will disclose my salary.
TTFF has a long history of not caring about players during or after their careers so the benefit of doubt will obviously be with the players.
Furthermore with Mr Warner in the middle of this, I'm sure if it could be done a long jail term would not be out of order.

FPATT calling the management team that accompanied the players hangers on is unfair, all the other countries carried similar contingents and I for one know that some of these people were very busy arranging stuff for the players to make them as comfortable as possible.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2007, 05:13:01 AM »
Ah thinking this when 'redtrinigirl ' getting she fix.......

Eh?  :waiting:
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2007, 06:47:47 AM »
Fishs, I will again make the same two points. I cannot, and will not disclose anybodys personal salaries or match fees. In UK this is illegal. This is why you see journalists using documents from unnamed sources. If the players choose to do this, then thats up to them.
Secondly, if its transparency you desire, then it needs to come from both sides. How can you judge if the players are taking too much from the game when you don't know how much the administrators are taking?

As for hangers on, I don't know how big the entourage was, but I'm damned sure that not everyone needed to go on an all expenses trip to Germany. Certain administrators do not consider costs if it helps their personal causes (Mr Warner taking Mr Panday on a FIFA paid trip to SA as part of a FIFA delegation would result in instant dismissal in UK).

Also, remember that the players costs for transport, accomodation and food was paid for before the players share was calculated.

Some may say this is reasonable. However, there are two issues here. The first issue is that the players had to be flown to Germany, had to be given accomodation and had to be fed. This is why FIFA provided funds on qualification, so that poorer nations can field  team. If there is not enough money for all the administrators (who don't need to be there), then the federations need to raise their own money. TTFF was awarded govt funds for this purpose. So, there we have it. The players costs are covered and so are the administrators. Then the federation does some marketing to reward the players and build funds for the future.

TTFF didn't see itthat way. They collected all the money they could,paid for the costs, spent money that didn't need to be spent and finally gave the players some change. No business is run this way and succeeds.

Secondly, no other qualifying nation asked the players to pay their own costs. However, if you think thats fair, why didn't the administrators pay their own costs?

So we have the players who pay their costs from their money and administrators get a freebee?

One further question. Have you wondered why TTFF have not used this great ammunition of players fees in their media war? Its because they have slashed appearance fees for players and don't want the local based players to know what they should be getting.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2007, 07:28:08 AM »
FPATT calling the management team that accompanied the players hangers on is unfair, all the other countries carried similar contingents and I for one know that some of these people were very busy arranging stuff for the players to make them as comfortable as possible.
Fishs, you know exactly what point he was trying to make albeit in a round about kind of way.
NO country asks the players to pay their own way, so why, if that was the case with the TTFF, did they not get the non players to pay their own way also?
ask Gally as he will tell you that Jackula is a disrespectful, unkind, spiteful, disruptive, mean-spirited, confrontational, badminded, crude, grudging, cynical, heartless, judgemental, unapologetic, hateful, cold hearted, offensive, rotten to the core human being.

As Bakes does say
I'm convinced that some ah allyuh just being deliberately obtuse at this point.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 09:10:42 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2007, 12:31:47 PM »
I wonder how many people recognize that Nov 16th is the 2 year anniversary of the win over Bahrain, TnT's qualification for the World Cup?

I cant forget...its Tattoed on my left arm.....

Damn, ah thought ah was sick wid de love fuh meh country and national team boi, but yuh leave meh in de dark wid dat tattoe on yuh left arm. Large up yuh self sah, keep de love going man. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2007, 03:12:48 PM »
FPATT, I must ask how are you making ends meet on that kind of money, I do not even recognize that kind of money ... just kidding ;D

Fishs, seems to understand the arguemrnt.  Look, FPATT as you may have realized I am not a friend of TTFF or Advisor, nor am I an enemy of the players.  However, what is a fair wage for a player to represent their country in a WC?  What if we found out that there is or was enough money for each player to receive 5million USD per player or even 10million USD per player.  How would you or anyone else feel about this, is that fair reinumeration for their accomplishment.  If you argue that this is fair, then what about the future of the game in T&T?  And if you argue that it is not fair, then what is fair?  I am asking here because I do not know what is the desired outcome of the law suit?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2007, 03:22:21 PM »
FPATT, I must ask how are you making ends meet on that kind of money, I do not even recognize that kind of money ... just kidding ;D

Fishs, seems to understand the arguemrnt.  Look, FPATT as you may have realized I am not a friend of TTFF or Advisor, nor am I an enemy of the players.  However, what is a fair wage for a player to represent their country in a WC?  What if we found out that there is or was enough money for each player to receive 5million USD per player or even 10million USD per player.  How would you or anyone else feel about this, is that fair reinumeration for their accomplishment.  If you argue that this is fair, then what about the future of the game in T&T?  And if you argue that it is not fair, then what is fair?  I am asking here because I do not know what is the desired outcome of the law suit?
Soooo....now I am interpreting your comments in your latest post above to mean that the players have actually been paid YET they feel that they are compelled to sue the TTFF for more.....all this negative speculation against the players is for what reason?
come on spill the beans man.......dont keep tickling us with this type of information......
And I doubt for a moment that the players have asked for MORE than what a country like the USA and England are paying their players.....in fact I bet they get way LESS than most players got from their FA's.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>