March 28, 2024, 10:02:33 AM

Author Topic: liming in London with Kenwyne and the guys  (Read 18728 times)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: liming in London with Kenwyne and the guys
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2007, 03:29:37 PM »
FPATT, I must ask how are you making ends meet on that kind of money, I do not even recognize that kind of money ... just kidding ;D

Fishs, seems to understand the arguemrnt.  Look, FPATT as you may have realized I am not a friend of TTFF or Advisor, nor am I an enemy of the players.  However, what is a fair wage for a player to represent their country in a WC?  What if we found out that there is or was enough money for each player to receive 5million USD per player or even 10million USD per player.  How would you or anyone else feel about this, is that fair reinumeration for their accomplishment.  If you argue that this is fair, then what about the future of the game in T&T?  And if you argue that it is not fair, then what is fair?  I am asking here because I do not know what is the desired outcome of the law suit?
Soooo....now I am interpreting your comments in your latest post above to mean that the players have actually been paid YET they feel that they are compelled to sue the TTFF for more.....all this negative speculation against the players is for what reason?
come on spill the beans man.......dont keep tickling us with this type of information......
And I doubt for a moment that the players have asked for MORE than what a country like the USA and England are paying their players.....in fact I bet they get way LESS than most players got from their FA's.

I do not know why I feel you were sitting by your computer waiting for my response since yesterday ;D.  Please do not interpret, because there is nothing to interpret.  My comments and questions are straight forward.  I happy to think that FPATT knows what the numbers and is refusing to share with us.  His arguement for not sharing seem to be similar to those used by the TTFF, but I would like for you to answer the questions raised in my earlier thread?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2007, 03:40:48 PM »
FPATT, I must ask how are you making ends meet on that kind of money, I do not even recognize that kind of money ... just kidding ;D

Fishs, seems to understand the arguemrnt.  Look, FPATT as you may have realized I am not a friend of TTFF or Advisor, nor am I an enemy of the players.  However, what is a fair wage for a player to represent their country in a WC?  What if we found out that there is or was enough money for each player to receive 5million USD per player or even 10million USD per player.  How would you or anyone else feel about this, is that fair reinumeration for their accomplishment.  If you argue that this is fair, then what about the future of the game in T&T?  And if you argue that it is not fair, then what is fair?  I am asking here because I do not know what is the desired outcome of the law suit?
Soooo....now I am interpreting your comments in your latest post above to mean that the players have actually been paid YET they feel that they are compelled to sue the TTFF for more.....all this negative speculation against the players is for what reason?
come on spill the beans man.......dont keep tickling us with this type of information......
And I doubt for a moment that the players have asked for MORE than what a country like the USA and England are paying their players.....in fact I bet they get way LESS than most players got from their FA's.

I do not know why I feel you were sitting by your computer waiting for my response since yesterday ;D.  Please do not interpret, because there is nothing to interpret.  My comments and questions are straight forward.  I happy to think that FPATT knows what the numbers and is refusing to share with us.  His arguement for not sharing seem to be similar to those used by the TTFF, but I would like for you to answer the questions raised in my earlier thread?
coincidence my dear fellow
I only just logged on, maybe GREAT minds think alike ;) try again.....
it is very amusing that you SUDDENLY have this "Bee in ya Bonnet"....very very interesting indeed
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 03:45:22 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2007, 03:56:14 PM »
Diambars, I am concerned about the huge salaries that some of the worlds top players receive. I would love to see a salary cap in place, but that can't happen.

I believe that whatever the players were paid must have been fair and reasonable because neither TTFF or the players have complained about this. The issue has always been about the bonuses and this will be settled by arbitration. I see no reason why we should be arguing about this issue at this time.

However, when the next international team is selected, it is certainly worth you asking the question then. I'm just not sure that the TTFF or the players will reveal their match fees.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2007, 04:02:28 PM »
I am asking here because I do not know what is the desired outcome of the law suit?

Then one can only conclude that you cannot read.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2007, 04:05:45 PM »
You know that they were payed well, it's a pity you would not inform the rest of forum?  We already know what the players were paid for the Gold Cup (3, 2, 1), that was ridicilus and no one complained, why was that?  When you take the results into consideration, they were payed three hundred USD each, and it took months for them to be paid, who is fighting for them?  I think there should be concern here.  But I would like to get your point of view on the question raised earlier.  What if there is enough revenue to give each players 5 or 10 million USD each in bonuses?

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2007, 04:09:18 PM »
I am asking here because I do not know what is the desired outcome of the law suit?

Then one can only conclude that you cannot read.

Hahaha ... you need to come off your throne my friend.  You remind me of guys that shoot and ask questions after.  I am sitting here and thinking my response went over your head, but yet you are concluding that I cannot read.  Sometimes we have to look a little closer, I know you are proud of your eduaction, but do not be so quick to throw stones ... you may be the one that cannot read in the end?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2007, 04:10:56 PM »
You know that they were payed well, it's a pity you would not inform the rest of forum?  We already know what the players were paid for the Gold Cup (3, 2, 1), that was ridicilus and no one complained, why was that?  When you take the results into consideration, they were payed three hundred USD each, and it took months for them to be paid, who is fighting for them?  I think there should be concern here.  But I would like to get your point of view on the question raised earlier.  What if there is enough revenue to give each players 5 or 10 million USD each in bonuses?
do think for a moment that Jackula will ever WILLINGLY pay them fellas what they are worth?
not in my lifetime...but greater things have happened in my life so far like the freedom on Nelson Mandela.( never thought i would see that to be honest)
he treats TnT players like his pawns and when FPATT gets up enough steam (first they have to convince the local players to join up) I hope that the TTFF will start to treat their players like human being and pay them ALL fairly.

Diambars, this is my hope

HOPE for change in the relationship between players and the TTFF.
HOPE that ALL players, local or Foreign, can feel comfortable that they can bring concerns and difference of opinions forward without threats of being BlackListed.
HOPE that there will one day be transparency within the TTFF.
HOPE that one day the TTFF and Players both work TOGETHER for the best possible outcome in our quest for any Tournament.
HOPE that Player welfare, education, insurance, contract education, contract negotiation, attorney assistance, loans, career guidance, protection from exploitation, networking  and general support will one day be a reality.

HOPE my friends HOPE. <-- click here
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 04:33:52 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2007, 04:33:15 PM »

Diambars, you only have to look!

Playing it tough; TTFF blanking players' body.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) took a full two months before paying their 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup players. But it is taking even longer for the local football governing body to recognise the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT).
The national football squad requested FPATT's assistance on August 8 after the T&TFF's failure to pay match fees and allowances owed for the nation's Gold Cup showing.
FPATT president Shaka Hislop wrote an email to the T&TFF on August 9 requesting dialogue on the matter. His letter, like previous correspondence sent by FPATT, went unanswered by the T&TFF.
However, the Gold Cup players were subsequently told to collect outstanding monies on August 13. The T&TFF had one stipulation though. The national footballers were told to only expect payment after they had returned their Adidas bags.
Hislop, in a follow-up letter to the T&TFF, claimed disbelief at the stance taken by T&TFF general secretary Richard Groden and pleaded with the administrators to avoid such pettiness.
"I truly thought that as a national team and as a Federation, we had both gone past those days a long time ago," wrote Hislop. "Someone please tell me we are not taking this unfortunate step backward."
Groden is in Korea at present and could not be reached for comment on his organisation's stance as regards FPATT. But Hislop claimed that he remained unfazed by the T&TFF's persistent silence.
"The TTFF don't seem to have a policy toward FPATT that goes any further than 'if we ignore them they'll go away'," Hislop told the Express. "Which doesn't bother me at all. As long as our members come to any of us with a problem we'll address it accordingly.
"FPATT, as an organisation, is enjoying the full support of the Pro League, the Pro League clubs, managers and chairmen alike, and our membership drive continues If we provide the support and advice that our members want and need, TTFF will have no choice but to acknowledge us.
"But TTFF recognition is secondary to providing help and support to T&T's footballers."
Hislop also highlighted the T&TFF's request to have the players return their sporting equipment as an example of the petty issues than could divide players and administrators.
"I found that whole situation hilarious and confusing at the same time," said the 2006 World Cup star. "Hilarious because I really felt that as a national team we had long gone past those days and confusing because the ink had barely dried on the multi-million dollar, four-year Adidas deal."

As for the bonuses, the court of arbitration will decide how much should be awarded and as you are aware, FPATT is not involved in this dispute. My personal opinion is that if TTFF had approached the players with a realistic offer, say $300,000TT each, the players would probably have been very grateful. However, it now is possible that they will be paid much more and this will be decided by an independent body. I suspect that they, just like you and anybody else, would be very happy if they receive a windfall.

Whether you fell they deserve the money or not, the fact that they've had to spend money to instruct lawyers, have been slandered in the press and had their careers damaged and disrupted (don't forget FPATT had to write to support Kenwynes work permit), I think they deserve as much as they can get.

Finally, I do not have access to match fees paid to the players, and if I did, as stated before, I would not be able to reveal this information due to the data protection act, so there is no point continuing asking me. I am sure that the different agents representing the players may have this information, but again, due to their professional standards, I am sure they would not reveal the information.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2007, 04:36:33 PM »
Diambars, after all the hard work I did to post this, you did not even take the time to read all the links ;)
actually that story that FPATT mentioned is only one of a few that I had not listed.....sorry....I did not get all ;)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 04:44:59 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2007, 04:39:04 PM »
Diambars, after all the hard work I did to post this, you did not even take the time to read all the links ;)

Thanks, remember I cannot read ;D

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2007, 04:40:28 PM »

hay, I never SAID that eh ;)
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2007, 04:48:01 PM »
FPATT, I was going throuh them when you posted that.  But thanks anyhow.  There is no doubt in my mind that FPATT is working in the best interest of the players, but that does not mean they are excused from difficult questions.  I am not against the players, but there is always two sides, some will say three, to every story.  And we must listen to every side inorder to come close to the truth.  We all know thye history of Jack and the TTFF disrespecting players, but it is not absurd to ask whether or not the players are being reasonable here.  I think it is a foiar question.  But my hope that the next generation of players would present themselves as professional so that they can be treated as professionals - and I think FPATT can help with that. SURPRISE!!!!!!!

LET ME SAY THOUGH I HOPE WE CAN RECOVER THE MONEY AND MOST OF IT CAN GO TOWARD DEVELOPING THE GAME SO THAT WE CAN COMPETE AND QUALIFY FOR MANY MORE WORLD CUP'S (2010/14/18/22) ETC.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 04:51:20 PM by Diambars »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2007, 04:54:46 PM »
Well, at least we can agree on that!

Development and preperation for 2010 has to be the priority for everyone. I think the final steps that need to be taken are recognition of FPATT by TTFF and more transparency from all sides going forward.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2007, 04:56:47 PM »
And we must listen to every side inorder to come close to the truth.  We all know thye history of Jack and the TTFF disrespecting players, but it is not absurd to ask whether or not the players are being reasonable here.  
when people come on here and say stuff like this SO late into the whole process I cant help but say that they are

sorry I like my smileys ;D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2007, 05:21:04 PM »
Don't know about ur inability to read, but you do show an inability to spell correctly

You know that they were payed well,

Nothing is being incuinated here, questions are being raised that I believe is important to the entire process. 
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2007, 05:56:52 PM »
Don't know about ur inability to read, but you do show an inability to spell correctly

Nothing is being incuinated here, questions are being raised that I believe is important to the entire process.

Where is the idea here, that is all you have to say?  Typical Trini, oh I can spell because you can't.  I am doing well because you are are not.  Anyhow keep your insults they do not bother me.  If you have any ideas worth discussing then mybe we can talk.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2007, 06:29:03 PM »
.....or you one ah dem tight pants flamenco spanish boys?
maybe, the Bay City Rollers :rotfl: :rotfl:

sorry man...could not resist ;)

u gone rel old school there boy  :o
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2007, 07:33:08 PM »

Where is the idea here, that is all you have to say?  Typical Trini, oh I can spell because you can't.  I am doing well because you are are not.  Anyhow keep your insults they do not bother me.  If you have any ideas worth discussing then mybe we can talk.

I actually don't wish you to have any sort of conversation with you.

You have only just come on the forum (July, 2007 to be exact) and started posing questions and making very speculative comments about FPATT, about the Soca Warriors and their motives in the litigation without doing any sort of research whatsoever.

Perhaps you have an agenda, or perhaps you're simply just too lazy and would like those on the forum to do your research for you.

A simple search on the forum or if you had an even basic knowledge of TnT football and or the circumstances surrounding the litigation would have made all  the questions you posed moot. 

I also don't understand why you think you are somehow special and deserve certain details about player salaries, etc, because YOU ask for it. I think it is much more of a public interest matter to determine how the bulk of money earned by and granted to the TTFF for the WC 2006 camapaign was spent.

Furthermore, I know FPATT personally as well as the legal team here in London who pursued the litigation on behalf of the players (having assisted them during the peak of the High Ct action) and they have done yeomans service thus far and I wholeheartedly agree with FPATT's assertion in that your questioning approach has been rather aggressive, which would suggest some sort of agenda on your part.

Also remember the litigation process is not over and there is an arbitration agreement which dictates that neither side are to say anything further publicly on the issue, until the matter has gone to arbitration and the final decision registered with the High Court.

This is my last post to you on this issue.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2007, 08:30:04 PM »

...and that is precisely why I made my comment, because the information is all over the site.  It is none of your business what the players were "payed", it certainly isn't FPATT's business to humor you by posting their salaries.

FPATT I really don't think you need to feel obligated about responding any further to this clown.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 08:32:36 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2007, 08:48:15 PM »

Where is the idea here, that is all you have to say? Typical Trini, oh I can spell because you can't. I am doing well because you are are not. Anyhow keep your insults they do not bother me. If you have any ideas worth discussing then mybe we can talk.

I actually don't wish you to have any sort of conversation with you.

You have only just come on the forum (July, 2007 to be exact) and started posing questions and making very speculative comments about FPATT, about the Soca Warriors and their motives in the litigation without doing any sort of research whatsoever.

Perhaps you have an agenda, or perhaps you're simply just too lazy and would like those on the forum to do your research for you.

A simple search on the forum or if you had an even basic knowledge of TnT football and or the circumstances surrounding the litigation would have made all the questions you posed moot.

I also don't understand why you think you are somehow special and deserve certain details about player salaries, etc, because YOU ask for it. I think it is much more of a public interest matter to determine how the bulk of money earned by and granted to the TTFF for the WC 2006 camapaign was spent.

Furthermore, I know FPATT personally as well as the legal team here in London who pursued the litigation on behalf of the players (having assisted them during the peak of the High Ct action) and they have done yeomans service thus far and I wholeheartedly agree with FPATT's assertion in that your questioning approach has been rather aggressive, which would suggest some sort of agenda on your part.

Also remember the litigation process is not over and there is an arbitration agreement which dictates that neither side are to say anything further publicly on the issue, until the matter has gone to arbitration and the final decision registered with the High Court.

This is my last post to you on this issue.

You sound as though you are moving through your monthly cycle.  How long I came on the site is not the issue, what I know is, I know more about this situation that you can imagine.  So you and Bake n shark can continue acting like house negros, I can identify lost souls.  I hope that was really your your last post on this issue.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2007, 08:50:02 PM »
well said

ah ha!!
me thinks, there in lies Diambars intentions ;)
good one FLi !

You sound as though you are moving through your monthly cycle.  How long I came on the site is not the issue, what I know is, I know more about this situation that you can imagine.  So you and Bake n shark can continue acting like house negros, I can identify lost souls.  I hope that was really your your last post on this issue.
man, just when I thought there was HOPE for you.................get off your Daddy's computer and go straight to bed.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 08:56:30 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2007, 09:05:28 PM »
well said

ah ha!!
me thinks, there in lies Diambars intentions ;)
good one FLi !

You sound as though you are moving through your monthly cycle. How long I came on the site is not the issue, what I know is, I know more about this situation that you can imagine. So you and Bake n shark can continue acting like house negros, I can identify lost souls. I hope that was really your your last post on this issue.
man, just when I thought there was HOPE for you.................get off your Daddy's computer and go straight to bed.

Never looked at you as a cheer leader.  This can go on and on, let resume after the case is over, maybe there might be some new information to debate. 

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2007, 09:16:19 PM »
Diambars, I have been suspicious of you from the start and NOTHING you have said is steering me in the direction of a good feeling to your presence on this forum, so my contention is that FLi! hit the nail squarely on the head.
Good luck in your defense concerning the court case.
have a good day
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 09:26:53 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2007, 01:50:54 AM »
To be fair, if Diambars intention was to somehow disrupt the arbitration process, he would have tried to provoke players or the legal team. I can comment as much as anybody else on this site about the court case because it has nothing to do with myself personally or FPATT, and neither of us are subject to the "no media statement" agreement.

But, Diambars, I don't understand why you say you know more than we can imagine and then keep a secret identity, whilst campaigning for transparency.

We know this site is often read by TTFF allies, and thats good, because an administration should be interested in its clients (the supporters) views. Football in any nation is as strong as its fan base, without whom nobody who earns a living i football could survive.

I personally would welcome a representative of TTFF to openly post on this site. It may well be hostile at first, but once fans understand TTFFs perspectiv and aims, a worthwhile relationship could develop.

Most supporters frustrations come from the "glass ceiling" that is in place within T&T football. We can observe TTFFs actions, but nobody can get a voice in the limited company that is TTFF. Football is the peoples game, yet the people have no mandate.

It would be a huge step forward if TTFF had a fans forum and offered a representative to sit in on TTFF meetings. There is absoloutely no reason for secrets.

So, Diambars, if you are so close to the facts, why not begin again with a clean sheet on this site and introduce yourself properly. And if you are close to TTFF, this would be a worthwhile excercise. As you have said in your posts, we need to understand the situation from the TTFF perspective.

Far too often we have had "infiltraitors" on this site who stir up a hornets nest and then disapear. Lets hope that you're not one of them, but rather an interested party who's concern is a fair debate.

This post was started to celebrate a fantastic occasion but has become instead a reflection of what has happened to T&T football in that past two years. Lets get back to the Lime and concentrate on celebrating all that is good about T&T football.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2007, 04:49:37 AM »
To be fair, if Diambars intention was to somehow disrupt the arbitration process, he would have tried to provoke players or the legal team. I can comment as much as anybody else on this site about the court case because it has nothing to do with myself personally or FPATT, and neither of us are subject to the "no media statement" agreement.

But, Diambars, I don't understand why you say you know more than we can imagine and then keep a secret identity, whilst campaigning for transparency.

We know this site is often read by TTFF allies, and thats good, because an administration should be interested in its clients (the supporters) views. Football in any nation is as strong as its fan base, without whom nobody who earns a living i football could survive.

I personally would welcome a representative of TTFF to openly post on this site. It may well be hostile at first, but once fans understand TTFFs perspectiv and aims, a worthwhile relationship could develop.

Most supporters frustrations come from the "glass ceiling" that is in place within T&T football. We can observe TTFFs actions, but nobody can get a voice in the limited company that is TTFF. Football is the peoples game, yet the people have no mandate.

It would be a huge step forward if TTFF had a fans forum and offered a representative to sit in on TTFF meetings. There is absoloutely no reason for secrets.

So, Diambars, if you are so close to the facts, why not begin again with a clean sheet on this site and introduce yourself properly. And if you are close to TTFF, this would be a worthwhile excercise. As you have said in your posts, we need to understand the situation from the TTFF perspective.

Far too often we have had "infiltraitors" on this site who stir up a hornets nest and then disapear. Lets hope that you're not one of them, but rather an interested party who's concern is a fair debate.

This post was started to celebrate a fantastic occasion but has become instead a reflection of what has happened to T&T football in that past two years. Lets get back to the Lime and concentrate on celebrating all that is good about T&T football.

Wow.
Hey FPATT are you suggesting Diambars is TTFF because of the questions he is asking ?
And even if he is then by his words he will be judged here.
Whilst TTFF may have had a lot of freebie people on the Germany trip I still maintain that there were some people there outside of the players and coaching staff that deserved the trip.
Anyway nobody in TTFF could say who went or did not go that was Jack's sole preserve, lets get this right TTFF is Jack Warner's personal fief dom and he does whatever he feels to do without having to anwer to anybody .
He paid all the full time salaries and the offices these people worked out of belongs to him. I remember somebody saying to me some years ago that the debt TTFF owes Jack will take a lifetime to repay. In the mean time he collects money from Concacaf, from the South Korean FA, from Japan FA to run programsm build facilities that he only accounts for how the money is spent not to mention buying TV rights for 1$ and shafting mih buddy Selby Browne etc.
All that said the players salary for playing for the national team is not the same as the money they make for their day jobs playing with the clubs.It might be illegal to reveal players salaries from the clubs in the UK but I am not sure that you can apply the same reasons for not revealing the salary when playing for the national team especially if it is paid for or subsidised from public funds.
But even miore to the point what does it hurt to say what the average pay of a player was ? By doing that it could make more kids aspire to make the big time.
As far as I'm concerned the players could have made 5million a game and I would say good for them , they know how to negotiate. Like any other job you should ask for as much as you can get from your employer because the employer will try to pay you as little as he can.

The GOTT is supposed to be paying the salaries of the coaching staff and they must disclose what that is regardless of what contract the coachs sign.
Parlaimentary privilege will allow them to reveal it.

I am no TTFF supporter but I find your last post to be off taste and not to the normal standard you set, almost as if Diambars hit a nerve.
Ah want de woman on de bass

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2007, 08:12:30 AM »
Fishs, sorry if that my last post wasn't up to standard. I guess I was getting a little tired arguing the same point, when the thread was started to announce the possibility of a fundraising event!

You are correct that releasing information concerning average match fees will do no harm. I simply do not have that information. I may be able to obtain fees that some players were paid, but at this time I just don't know.

However, the figures will be in the public domain after the arbitration in March. This will also be the case concerning the costs paid out for Germany 06. We will all know how much was spent on every detail of preperation and competing. This will be the first time anybody will get a completely true picture of how TTFF spends its money.

Its a double edged sword for all those involved. We will learn how much each administrator earned and how much was paid out in expenses and what on. No gaps will be allowed. This is the real deal and entries such as "corporate entertaining" will simply not be acceptable. If someone put a lap dancing club on expenses, it will be shown! (not that I'm suggesting that happened, I just thought I'd add some levity!) But the good news for Mr Warner is that it will also show that the money was spent properly and he had no choice but to step in and pay wages for the coach because all funds had been used. Therefore we can all see how much Mr Warner received and how much subsequently he had to pay out to support football.

As far as Diambars being a TTFF mole, I only say this because of his attitude and statements like " You sound as though you are moving through your monthly cycle.  How long I came on the site is not the issue, what I know is, I know more about this situation that you can imagine."  I am actually saying that he appears to be linked to TTFF and perhaps he should make a clean start and reveal who he really is. Many of his previous posts have been very astute and non provocative, I just found it strange that he got so aggressive on this one.

We do have TTFF people view this site, which, I think is a good thing. In fact, I would make it part of Shaun Fuentes job to check message boards like this regularly so TTFF can feel the pulse of the supporters. All I'm asking is that people are honest with us when they enter into debates, so we can at least see where they're coming from. 

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2007, 08:51:55 AM »
FPATT, let me come clean, I am not a TTFF or anyone's mole, I am an independent thinker and a free person.  That statement highlighted above was in refernec to another statement directed towards me.  Remember this is not the Sun Newspaper, so you cannot get away with taking things out of context ;D.  I am struggling with the revelation that FPATT conveniently does not know what the players were paid.  That happens to be public knowledge here in THE UK and inT&T, how come it is a secret to FPATT?

Look as I said before, it is my hope that FPATT efforts can bring about positive change to how our players are treated in T&T.  But I believe in transparency for all and not for some.  People in Trinidad are a very talented people, but for some reason we do not take are of each other.  As you can see from this thread the so call elites of this site have stayed away from this one.  They are always willing to jump in on the trivial stuff, but the difficult stuff they stay away from.  I would like for them to take the road less travelled sometimes.  That type of behaviour is why the TTFF have been in charge for such a loing time. 

Everyone should be interested in the question, why is it that Dwight and others stayed away from the law suit, I happen to think that is an important question?  They have taken stands before on an individual basis, this particular issue can positively affect the future for all young players, but they stayed away, why is that?

OK know I throw in anumber of things here, but I think we should be hearing from the elites also, they know who they are.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2007, 09:17:41 AM »
FPATT, let me come clean, I am not a TTFF or anyone's mole, I am an independent thinker and a free person.  That statement highlighted above was in refernec to another statement directed towards me.  Remember this is not the Sun Newspaper, so you cannot get away with taking things out of context ;D.  I am struggling with the revelation that FPATT conveniently does not know what the players were paid.  That happens to be public knowledge here in THE UK and inT&T, how come it is a secret to FPATT?

Look as I said before, it is my hope that FPATT efforts can bring about positive change to how our players are treated in T&T.  But I believe in transparency for all and not for some.  People in Trinidad are a very talented people, but for some reason we do not take are of each other.  As you can see from this thread the so call elites of this site have stayed away from this one.  They are always willing to jump in on the trivial stuff, but the difficult stuff they stay away from.  I would like for them to take the road less travelled sometimes.  That type of behaviour is why the TTFF have been in charge for such a loing time. 

Everyone should be interested in the question, why is it that Dwight and others stayed away from the law suit, I happen to think that is an important question?  They have taken stands before on an individual basis, this particular issue can positively affect the future for all young players, but they stayed away, why is that?

OK know I throw in anumber of things here, but I think we should be hearing from the elites also, they know who they are.

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Have some respek for de forum dread....if yuh want tuh shit go and use de toilet.....not here.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2007, 09:23:44 AM »

I dont know everything about the current case, but wasn't Dwight Yorke the one who got the ball rolling in the first place by announcing the players ultimatum. I can only speculate that the money did not interest him personally due to his personal financial position but maybe you DO know more than the rest of us and maybe can shed some light on that for us.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2007, 09:43:47 AM »

Mate, you credit me with more knowldge than I have! I know some of the players very well and speak most days with them. Others I know slightly. Dwight and Russell I have never met, or spoken with.

But if these things are, indeed, public knowledge in the UK, why don't you tell us, coz I certainly have no idea if each player negotiated a seperate deal or if they were all paid the same. I apologise for assuming you were part of TTFF, but the comment that you know a lot more than we can imagine still bears true, because you have just stated that T&T match fees are common knowledge inthe UK, yet I work in English football, and I don't know! So, why are you asking me? If you can get the info, put this argument to bed by giving us the figures.

I will however state that once FPATT becomes involved in FUTURE match fee negotiations, I will be in possession of those figures. Whether or not those figures will be revealed will depend on the FPATT committees views. However, until FPATT is recognised by TTFF, this won't happen. This will be one of th topics of conversation at the FIFPro conference at the end of November. The Russian Federation took a similar stance to TTFF, but Sepp Blatter ordered them to recognise the players association or risk being barred from international football. Why TTFF cannot embrace FPATT, as most other associations have done with their players associations is disapointing.

I also think my comments regarding TTFF representatives posting here is a valid one, because it would help close the rift between the federation and the supporters and build trust between the two voices. 

1]; } ?>