March 28, 2024, 10:42:32 AM

Author Topic: liming in London with Kenwyne and the guys  (Read 18730 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: liming in London with Kenwyne and the guys
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2007, 10:12:05 AM »
1)  I remember somebody saying to me some years ago that the debt TTFF owes Jack will take a lifetime to repay. In the mean time he collects money from Concacaf, from the South Korean FA, from Japan FA to run programsm build facilities that he only accounts for how the money is spent not to mention buying TV rights for 1$ and shafting mih buddy Selby Browne etc.
2)All that said the players salary for playing for the national team is not the same as the money they make for their day jobs playing with the clubs.It might be illegal to reveal players salaries from the clubs in the UK but I am not sure that you can apply the same reasons for not revealing the salary when playing for the national team especially if it is paid for or subsidised from public funds.
But even miore to the point what does it hurt to say what the average pay of a player was ? By doing that it could make more kids aspire to make the big time.
As far as I'm concerned the players could have made 5million a game and I would say good for them , they know how to negotiate. Like any other job you should ask for as much as you can get from your employer because the employer will try to pay you as little as he can.

The GOTT is supposed to be paying the salaries of the coaching staff and they must disclose what that is regardless of what contract the coachs sign.
Parlaimentary privilege will allow them to reveal it.

I am no TTFF supporter but I find your last post to be off taste and not to the normal standard you set, almost as if Diambars hit a nerve.
1) Fishs after all Jackula has done you still believe that he has personally paid out of his own pocket to keep TTFF afloat? That is where we differ in a Gigantic way...I dont believe that for a moment...
2) the way Jackula has treated the players is not inline with how Many other countries treat their player concerning what they earn playing for their National program. there is NO open and transparent dealings. I believe that he has Bullied many palyers because he knows that they want to play for TnT and he holds all the cards. He treats players with contempt just like they are his "Chattel" and no one elses. Hay that is the way I see it.

and in closing I believe that Diambars is some how tied in with Jackula as his line of questioning, as FLi! points out, seems to be looking for any information that could be used to get the case thrown out, as I am sure Jackula would do what ever it takes to continue to short change the people who make money for him and they are the players.

I still cant believe that after TWO of your friends have been shafted by Jackula that you say Jackula is fair and this whole process dealing with the WC players has been fair and above board.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 10:52:59 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2007, 10:45:53 AM »

Wow.
Hey FPATT are you suggesting Diambars is TTFF because of the questions he is asking ?
And even if he is then by his words he will be judged here.
Whilst TTFF may have had a lot of freebie people on the Germany trip I still maintain that there were some people there outside of the players and coaching staff that deserved the trip.
Anyway nobody in TTFF could say who went or did not go that was Jack's sole preserve, lets get this right TTFF is Jack Warner's personal fief dom and he does whatever he feels to do without having to anwer to anybody .
He paid all the full time salaries and the offices these people worked out of belongs to him. I remember somebody saying to me some years ago that the debt TTFF owes Jack will take a lifetime to repay. In the mean time he collects money from Concacaf, from the South Korean FA, from Japan FA to run programsm build facilities that he only accounts for how the money is spent not to mention buying TV rights for 1$ and shafting mih buddy Selby Browne etc.
All that said the players salary for playing for the national team is not the same as the money they make for their day jobs playing with the clubs.It might be illegal to reveal players salaries from the clubs in the UK but I am not sure that you can apply the same reasons for not revealing the salary when playing for the national team especially if it is paid for or subsidised from public funds.
But even miore to the point what does it hurt to say what the average pay of a player was ? By doing that it could make more kids aspire to make the big time.
As far as I'm concerned the players could have made 5million a game and I would say good for them , they know how to negotiate. Like any other job you should ask for as much as you can get from your employer because the employer will try to pay you as little as he can.

The GOTT is supposed to be paying the salaries of the coaching staff and they must disclose what that is regardless of what contract the coachs sign.

I am no TTFF supporter but I find your last post to be off taste and not to the normal standard you set, almost as if Diambars hit a nerve.
Lol...this bullshit.

First you assert that whatever money TTFF spends is Jack's business since he pays for everything...then you turn around and say that whatever money the players are paid should be revealed since their salaries are funded/subsidized by the Gov't.  So lemme get this right...the gov't sent TTFF a check and tell dem doh spend it on anything but player salaries? 

...and of course on the basis of that TTFF owes it to the public to reveal players' match fees.  Utter nonsense.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 10:53:44 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2007, 10:52:13 AM »

Mate, you credit me with more knowldge than I have! I know some of the players very well and speak most days with them. Others I know slightly. Dwight and Russell I have never met, or spoken with.

I think what you're seeing here is a classic case of people seeing you post as "FPATT" and fail to distinguish your personal views/knowledge from that of "the official voice of the Players' Association".

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2007, 11:06:57 AM »

Mate, you credit me with more knowldge than I have! I know some of the players very well and speak most days with them. Others I know slightly. Dwight and Russell I have never met, or spoken with.

I think what you're seeing here is a classic case of people seeing you post as "FPATT" and fail to distinguish your personal views/knowledge from that of "the official voice of the Players' Association".

Admittedly, that is the danger and I always point out when i post my personal views. Saying that, could you imagine Gordon Taylor revealing players individual salaries? For one, he doesn't know them. That is between the club and the player. Secondly, there is probably somekind of gentlemans agreement between himsel and the FA that certain information is not released. However, there may be nothing to stop aplayer declaring his match fee, but this may then incur the wrath of the other players.

I think the only answer that would be released to the public is if TTFF announced team match fee figures as already posted on this thead.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2007, 11:15:38 AM »
To be fair, if Diambars intention was to somehow disrupt the arbitration process, he would have tried to provoke players or the legal team. I can comment as much as anybody else on this site about the court case because it has nothing to do with myself personally or FPATT, and neither of us are subject to the "no media statement" agreement.

But, Diambars, I don't understand why you say you know more than we can imagine and then keep a secret identity, whilst campaigning for transparency.

We know this site is often read by TTFF allies, and thats good, because an administration should be interested in its clients (the supporters) views. Football in any nation is as strong as its fan base, without whom nobody who earns a living i football could survive.

I personally would welcome a representative of TTFF to openly post on this site. It may well be hostile at first, but once fans understand TTFFs perspectiv and aims, a worthwhile relationship could develop.

Most supporters frustrations come from the "glass ceiling" that is in place within T&T football. We can observe TTFFs actions, but nobody can get a voice in the limited company that is TTFF. Football is the peoples game, yet the people have no mandate.

It would be a huge step forward if TTFF had a fans forum and offered a representative to sit in on TTFF meetings. There is absoloutely no reason for secrets.

So, Diambars, if you are so close to the facts, why not begin again with a clean sheet on this site and introduce yourself properly. And if you are close to TTFF, this would be a worthwhile excercise. As you have said in your posts, we need to understand the situation from the TTFF perspective.

Far too often we have had "infiltraitors" on this site who stir up a hornets nest and then disapear. Lets hope that you're not one of them, but rather an interested party who's concern is a fair debate.

This post was started to celebrate a fantastic occasion but has become instead a reflection of what has happened to T&T football in that past two years. Lets get back to the Lime and concentrate on celebrating all that is good about T&T football.

Wow.
Hey FPATT are you suggesting Diambars is TTFF because of the questions he is asking ?
And even if he is then by his words he will be judged here.
Whilst TTFF may have had a lot of freebie people on the Germany trip I still maintain that there were some people there outside of the players and coaching staff that deserved the trip.
Anyway nobody in TTFF could say who went or did not go that was Jack's sole preserve, lets get this right TTFF is Jack Warner's personal fief dom and he does whatever he feels to do without having to anwer to anybody .
He paid all the full time salaries and the offices these people worked out of belongs to him. I remember somebody saying to me some years ago that the debt TTFF owes Jack will take a lifetime to repay. In the mean time he collects money from Concacaf, from the South Korean FA, from Japan FA to run programsm build facilities that he only accounts for how the money is spent not to mention buying TV rights for 1$ and shafting mih buddy Selby Browne etc.
All that said the players salary for playing for the national team is not the same as the money they make for their day jobs playing with the clubs.It might be illegal to reveal players salaries from the clubs in the UK but I am not sure that you can apply the same reasons for not revealing the salary when playing for the national team especially if it is paid for or subsidised from public funds.

The allegation by McBeth that Warner asked for money to be paid into his personal account made me think about Warners ability to move funds around in his best interest.

If that were true and TTFF money did go into his account, this would give him total control of TTFF money and how its spent. I wonder if the same thing happened with FIFA and CONCACAF funds. I'm not suggesting he used this money to make himself richer. But we see a lot of press about Jack personally paying for coaches wages etc. So if the money comes from his account, it makes him politically stronger, yet that money may originally be TTFF funds. The money is still reaching its intended target, but via Jack to give him this hero status. This may not be wrong from Jacks point of view, just "doing business" and he may never have benefitted financially. This may be how he's gained so much power, and thereby, as far as Jacks concerned, a ligitimate way of achieving more for Trinidad football.

When you consider the $173 million that was supposedly received, if some of that was paid into Jacks accounts, then he could make the great gesture of "personally" funding flights for people, obtaining tickets, paying for peoples food and hotel bills and generally buying favours.

The interesting thing is that when the case reaches arbitration, TTFFs income will be scrutinised minutely. So if, for instance, KFC paid money to TTFF, the arbitrator will want to see the money enter TTFFs accounts. If it doesn't, as I understand it, the arbitrator can access all bank accounts of Warner, Camps, Roden, their familes and businesses to trace the money.

If it shows that TTFF were paid $173 million, but only $100 million actually went through TTFF accounts, I would imagine the Trinidad Govt or Trinidad fraud police will automatically become involved. Particularly if there was an agreement whereby the govt matched all sponsorship and therefore public funds are involved.

I don't know how things work in Trinidad, but in England, this would be the biggest story of the year. Look at the recent coverage over Peter Risdales accusation over the Rio bung. Questions would be asked in Parliament and a public inquiry would be put in place. This would culminate in prison sentances for any wrongdoing and certain barring from football administration. In the UK, MPs have gone to prison for their wrongdoings. Multi millionaire author and MP Jeffery Archer went to prison for (I think) 4 years for perjury! How many lies have been told so far to cover up financial irregularities? Didn't TTFF present two different sets of accounts to the sports minister and they still didn't come close to the truth.

I think this will run for years, and anybody who even took a Carib from Warner and friends will be investigated.

Out of interest, how are fraud cases investigated in T&T. Are the processes thorough and robust and are the police able to stay focused? 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2007, 11:27:15 AM »

Admittedly, that is the danger and I always point out when i post my personal views. Saying that, could you imagine Gordon Taylor revealing players individual salaries? For one, he doesn't know them. That is between the club and the player. Secondly, there is probably somekind of gentlemans agreement between himsel and the FA that certain information is not released. However, there may be nothing to stop aplayer declaring his match fee, but this may then incur the wrath of the other players.

I think the only answer that would be released to the public is if TTFF announced team match fee figures as already posted on this thead.

Even if you had the information and it were perfectly okay to post it...the issue of players' match fees is entirely tangential to the current impasse between the TTFF and the WC veterans.  That aside, I fail to see why Diambars finds it necessary to continue to derail a thread meant to celebrate and support the Players' Association.  You did well to even entertain the nonsense this far.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2007, 03:52:03 PM »
FPATT, let me come clean, I am not a TTFF or anyone's mole, I am an independent thinker and a free person.  That statement highlighted above was in refernec to another statement directed towards me.  Remember this is not the Sun Newspaper, so you cannot get away with taking things out of context ;D.  I am struggling with the revelation that FPATT conveniently does not know what the players were paid.  That happens to be public knowledge here in THE UK and inT&T, how come it is a secret to FPATT?

Look as I said before, it is my hope that FPATT efforts can bring about positive change to how our players are treated in T&T.  But I believe in transparency for all and not for some.  People in Trinidad are a very talented people, but for some reason we do not take are of each other.  As you can see from this thread the so call elites of this site have stayed away from this one.  They are always willing to jump in on the trivial stuff, but the difficult stuff they stay away from.  I would like for them to take the road less travelled sometimes.  That type of behaviour is why the TTFF have been in charge for such a loing time. 

Everyone should be interested in the question, why is it that Dwight and others stayed away from the law suit, I happen to think that is an important question?  They have taken stands before on an individual basis, this particular issue can positively affect the future for all young players, but they stayed away, why is that?

OK know I throw in anumber of things here, but I think we should be hearing from the elites also, they know who they are.

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Have some respek for de forum dread....if yuh want tuh shit go and use de toilet.....not here.

Berris, Berris, Berris, boi you and Shark is real trouble yes  :rotfl:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

giggsy11

« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2007, 04:41:25 PM »

:o

FPATT, this will need to be rectified... pronto!

:notlistening:

so wuh yuh hopin for...a whole night of Quiet Riot and Dio.....or you one ah dem tight pants flamenco spanish boys?

LOL! Al yuh good yes!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2007, 10:06:09 PM »

FPATT organise ah lime Dec 20th .
 All ah going to take off yuh is 2 pints, yuh making more than enuff tuh afford that.  ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2007, 03:28:16 AM »

FPATT organise ah lime Dec 20th .
 All ah going to take off yuh is 2 pints, yuh making more than enuff tuh afford that.  ;D ;D

Fishs, you go ahead mate! However, thats two pints of beer, not two pints of rum, oui?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2007, 05:59:36 PM »
Friday November 16th

The event will be held at The C C Club 13, Coventry St, London (Just off Picadilly Circus)  http://www.cc-club.co.uk

Celebrate the 2nd anniversary of the magical night in Bahrain by liming with Stern John, Kelvin Jack, Brent Sancho and Kenwyne Jones (awaiting confirmation from several other players).

Have your photo taken with your favourite player, it will then be printed, framed and signed by the player. Raffle with a first prize of a 2007 signed Tottenham shirt. Also a limited number of signed FPATT football shirts.

The event will run from 8pm until 10.30pm, after which you may stay for the rest of the evening and enjoy the CC Clubs famous RnB & HipHop friday party night.

Admission fee between 8 & 10.30 is £12. (normal admission fee after 10.30 is £10)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2007, 02:53:51 AM »
The event will run from 8pm until 10.30pm, after which you may stay for the rest of the evening and enjoy the CC Clubs famous SOCA, RnB & HipHop friday party night.
had to add a little sumting day fa you ;D
allya have a GREAT time eh ;)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 03:00:06 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2007, 03:34:50 AM »
Friday November 16th

The event will be held at The C C Club 13, Coventry St, London (Just off Picadilly Circus)  http://www.cc-club.co.uk

Celebrate the 2nd anniversary of the magical night in Bahrain by liming with Stern John, Kelvin Jack, Brent Sancho and Kenwyne Jones (awaiting confirmation from several other players).

Have your photo taken with your favourite player, it will then be printed, framed and signed by the player. Raffle with a first prize of a 2007 signed Tottenham shirt. Also a limited number of signed FPATT football shirts.

The event will run from 8pm until 10.30pm, after which you may stay for the rest of the evening and enjoy the CC Clubs famous RnB & HipHop friday party night.

Admission fee between 8 & 10.30 is £12. (normal admission fee after 10.30 is £10)

Sounds good. Is there an age limit?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 03:38:08 AM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2007, 04:34:08 AM »
Toppa, if ya over 80, it might be TOO much fête for ya ;D ;D

orhor, ya mean minimum age restriction? :devil:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 04:38:09 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2007, 04:50:15 AM »
Friday November 16th

I would imagine they are quite strict on 18 as a minimum. Would suggest bringing ID if someones 18, just to make sure they get in. If someone is 17, they can try, but I can't guarantee entry.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2007, 07:20:29 AM »
FPATT why is the prize a Tottenham shirt?
Who is it signed by, a Tottenham player or a T&T player?
Are you a Tottenham fan?
Sorry if you are  :'(

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2007, 08:36:31 AM »
Toppa, if ya over 80, it might be TOO much fête for ya ;D ;D

orhor, ya mean minimum age restriction?
:devil:

lol Yeah.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2007, 08:37:00 AM »
Friday November 16th

I would imagine they are quite strict on 18 as a minimum. Would suggest bringing ID if someones 18, just to make sure they get in. If someone is 17, they can try, but I can't guarantee entry.

OK Cool, thanks.
www.westindiantube.com

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2007, 12:38:55 PM »
FPATT why is the prize a Tottenham shirt?
Who is it signed by, a Tottenham player or a T&T player?
Are you a Tottenham fan?
Sorry if you are  :'(

Thankfully, I'm not a Spurs fan! I have a contact at Spurs who generously donated the shirt. Its signed by the current squad.

I used up most of my favours with other clubs in feb for the Hackney event.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2007, 01:08:47 PM »
Ok, invites to this event have been sent out on facebook. Sorry, but I could only send out to Londoners on my friends list, so about 60 ppl.

If anybody wanna check it out, the event name is "An Evening With The Soca Warriors".
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2007, 07:30:57 PM »
Ok, invites to this event have been sent out on facebook. Sorry, but I could only send out to Londoners on my friends list, so about 60 ppl.

If anybody wanna check it out, the event name is "An Evening With The Soca Warriors".

Thanks RedTrini. We're hoping to have e-flyers ready for despatch at the weekend.

1]; } ?>