April 24, 2024, 10:59:18 PM

Author Topic: Bigger game? Arsenal/ManU or Colts/Patriots?  (Read 7086 times)

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Bigger game? Arsenal/ManU or Colts/Patriots?
« on: November 02, 2007, 12:29:18 PM »
don't know how many forumites are american football fans. "but for those who are," which of these 2 contests is going to be the bigger game?
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bigger game? Arsenal/ManU or Colts/Patriots?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »
there is only "ONE FOOTBALL"
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 12:32:06 PM »
don't know how many forumites are american football fans. "but for those who are," which of these 2 contests is going to be the bigger game?
Don't study this BS thread.

This fella is a disgruntled Chelsea fan. He just feeling left out so he want to run some interference.

It's obvious to any "FOOTBALL" fan which is the bigger game. :devil: :devil:
TnT Patriot

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 12:32:54 PM »

This fella is a disgruntled Chelsea fan. He just feeling left out so he want to run some interference.

is you self ah post dis thread for....licks in allyuh pweffen this weekend....

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 12:33:58 PM »
Colts & Malvern would of been even bigger  ;D

On a World stag that Colts vs Patriots doh even count.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 12:37:33 PM »

We winning this weekend and allyuh not even in the race so all is well on this side of the world.
TnT Patriot

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 01:20:25 PM »
firstly wat d amercans called football isnt football

u rated by how well u can catch and throw the "object". yes the object, me ent no scholar but what they play with isnt a ball. hockey has puck and badminton has shuttle  time enough they find ah name 4 d" object " they throw and catch.
with that said i must admit it is an entertaining sport inspite of its misleading name

the patriots  have crushed every opponent so far  and must be considered the favorites ( American spelling) but the colts are also unbeaten and are the defending champs and have start quarter back payton manning steerring the ship. it will come down to which team has the more sturdy pocket

Arsenal and manu both had shaky starts manu more so than arsenal. both teams are flying high at the moment and unlike American rugby ::) the game can be a stalemate. Arsenal seems a bit more invincible at the moment and they seem to have lost the ability to lose but rely very heavy on spanish sensation fabgregas. stop him and arsenal could be in some trouble.

the FOOTball  game is clearly bigger
1 because this is ah football forum
and
2 the structure of nfl with the playoffs format means that the best advantage a team can get from that game is home field advantage in the playoffs.

seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 01:24:45 PM »

We winning this weekend and allyuh not even in the race so all is well on this side of the world.

not even in the race? ay ay....alyuh arsenal men cocky too bad these days! the last time i check, we only 5 points behind. and as Sir alex say, dem youngsters allyuh have hadda "prove it with trophies," till then, i say ride yuh luck and keep quiet.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 01:56:37 PM »
Delete this ignorance please :beermug:

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 01:58:01 PM »
Mods... delete this thread...
 :rotfl:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 02:28:03 PM »
Colts vs Malvern is bigger.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 02:30:58 PM »
dumpas i hear lime by you?? golf after or wha?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 02:47:17 PM »
this man serious with this post  ;D  :D  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 03:22:49 PM »
this man serious with this post  ;D  :D  :devil:

it look so.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 04:48:54 PM »
Sobriquet man trying to mash yuh up fine, fine but I will indulge yuh.

The Colts Patriots game is bigger just because of the significance of two unbeaten teams meeting as late as week 8 and the fact that the Patriots are putting together the best statistical season of all time. It looks like only the Colts could stop them.

If this was Arsenal vs United with both teams being ubeaten after 25 games then maybe the game would be as big.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 04:49:52 PM »
Is he for real football (soccer)is the worlds game please don`t inslut us by asking whick game is bigger because you alraedy know the answer if you on this site

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 05:02:51 PM »

The Colts Patriots game is bigger just because of the significance of two unbeaten teams meeting as late as week 8 and the fact that the Patriots are putting together the best statistical season of all time. It looks like only the Colts could stop them.

If this was Arsenal vs United with both teams being ubeaten after 25 games then maybe the game would be as big.

whats the significance jdb?
 both teams basically going to make it 2 the playoffs the only significance is home advantage.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 05:22:41 PM »

whats the significance jdb?
 both teams basically going to make it 2 the playoffs the only significance is home advantage.
\\
Which is very big in the NFL when one team plays in a dome and the next one plays outdoors, in the northeast, in January..
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

giggsy11

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 05:45:16 PM »
More people in the world will be watching United v Arsenal because more people in the world follow FOOTBALL, where using ones feet is numero uno! Less people in the world give a rats arse about the imposter sport named "football where only 2 players are allowed to use their feet! No contest, super rehtorical but I bit!

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 05:53:38 PM »
Seeing that I reside in NE.

De fackin Pat vs. the Colts is the big games for me.
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 07:09:47 PM »
dumpas i hear lime by you?? golf after or wha?
If i'm not too drunk with glee after we cut Man U ass.
TnT Patriot

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 07:12:40 PM »
Bigger game? Arsenal/ManU or Colts/Patriots?
ya tryin to compare Roti to Shark and Bake
two very different Games
But I goin and watch BOTH ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 08:03:15 PM »
 ??? Why dey must delete de man post?  Some of allyuh real boldface boy.  If yuh doh watch and understand both games, yuh should not even be posting here.  Why try and diss a long time fellow forumite fuh no reason at all?

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 09:13:41 PM »
??? Why dey must delete de man post?  Some of allyuh real boldface boy.  If yuh doh watch and understand both games, yuh should not even be posting here.  Why try and diss a long time fellow forumite fuh no reason at all?

doe study dem savannah's. dem fellas know where my loyalty lies. is only ole talk i peltin to meh padna dumpalewie, tryin to play down the arsenal/man u game. i go be glad for a draw, so dat meh side could come meet dem at the top.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 09:32:07 PM »
No doubt that Arsenal v. ManU will evoke stronger emotions here because this is a site dedicated to the discussion of football/futbol/soccer.  However from an objective standpoint there is no question as to which is the bigger game...Colts v. Patriots.

1. History- this is the first time that two undefeated teams have met this late in the NFL season.

2. Impact- an NFL season is 16 games long, losing one NFL game is the equivalent of losing almost two and a half games in the EPL...or taking a 7 point hit in the standings.

3. Even though both the Colts and the Pats are likely to still make the playoffs, there are still huge post-season implications like JDB said, and not all of it is weather related.  The fact that the Colts play indoors aside, even if it were two outdoor teams the home team enjoys a clear advantage in the NFL because of the impact that the crowd can have on the game, and I'm not just talking about the emotional impact of 'lifting' the team either.  When the visiting team lines up on offense, most fans are saavy enough to know to try and be as loud as possible thereby drowning out the cadence of the quarterback as he's calling the play.  In addition to making it difficult for the offense to hear the call from the QB, timing is key..everyone must move at the same time at the snap of the ball or incur either a penalty (for moving too soon) or ceding the advantage to the defense (by reacting too late).  

The noise of the crowd affects the ability to hear, forcing the line to look to the QB for visual cues when to snap the ball...can't see ball and QB at the same time so the chances of either a false (early) or late start increases- advantage defense.  If you are the home team this can be a huge advantage, especially if you're the Colts since they play in a dome, because then the noise is amplified.  Likely the winner of this game will have the homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, meaning every game up until the SuperBowl.  That's quite an edge to have on your opponent.  By comparison Arsenal v. ManU might as well be for bragging rights.  Two great match ups though, and lucky for those of us interested in both, we don't have to choose.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 11:35:00 PM »
Here's my response  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2007, 12:16:26 AM »

Thaz some funny ish...but on a real...i'll be watching both games. No argument bout what is d 'real' football and all tha nonsense...but Colts vs Pats is a must-see as well. bless
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2007, 04:11:52 AM »

Wha is Colts and Patriots ?
Dais some teams name dey self after weapons of mass distruction ?

Colts = guns and Patriots = missiles ?

Is 2 gang in lavantee or wha ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2007, 04:39:08 AM »
i
now for the men who saying how big a factor home advantage is in the nfl  ,with the crowd drowning out the QB calls etc etc etc. u r in essences saying then that this game isnt much of a competiton 2day, cause if home advantage is such a big advantage then the home team 2day is going to win the nfl game  because of all the reasons  jdb and bakes already  put fwd.

by justfying the importance of home advantage in the playoffs u r downplaying the competition aspect of the game. if the home team has SUCH a clear advantage  then whats the point................. i

i putting mi X by the patriots and  by MAN u .

2 big games............ no comparison.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 04:45:28 AM by freakazoid »

1]; } ?>