April 26, 2024, 05:35:54 PM

Author Topic: Manu vs Arsenal aka The Empire vs The Imposters!  (Read 13420 times)

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Manu vs Arsenal aka The Empire vs The Imposters!
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2007, 09:40:20 AM »
I ordered Setanta Sports just to see the game today.  What a game!

And Arsenal continue to roll.  Whey the haters and them?!

GO ON ARSENAL!!!!!!!  GO ON ARSENAL!!!!!!  GO ON ARSENAL!!!!!!![/color]

In all honesty, I think ManU has more to be proud of.

like he forgettin who was playin at home  :)  come on chelsea. win today to go 3 points back! and dey say we outta it....
Chelsea is a has been team.

they gone thru. :devil: :devil:
TnT Patriot

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2007, 10:00:38 AM »
not a bad result for either team although tha Arse will continue to crow about the resilience of the youths
United need to start a next winning run now
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2007, 10:16:21 AM »
C Ronaldo score

1-2

(Fabregas geh subbed for Gilberto)

:shameonyou:
false information
As far as i know Fabregas played the whole 90

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2007, 10:39:43 AM »
dont like how arsenal played the second part of the 2nd half. too many long balls into adebayor and giving up possession. ok result though. i think rosicky, hleb and eboue that got subbed and not fabregas.

i have a question. whats the obstruction rule? like the play when clichy tried to get around the utd defensive and his second attempt at a cross hit the man utd defender's hand. i know the ref not going to give a penalty for an accidental hand ball in a case like that, but cant he call obstruction and give an indirect freekick since it was in a dangerous position? if the ball didnt hit the defender's hand who knows what could a happen on that play, i find in a situation like that the attacking team should get some kinda call.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:42:48 AM by dwn »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2007, 10:43:34 AM »
C Ronaldo score

1-2

(Fabregas geh subbed for Gilberto)

:shameonyou:
false information
As far as i know Fabregas played the whole 90

Sorry again - half asleep.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2007, 10:52:18 AM »
if the ball hits the hand and the ref deems it incidental it is the same as if it hits the body
If the ref blows for a fk he is basically calling a handball
obstruction refers to impeding a player
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2007, 10:58:36 AM »
if the ball hits the hand and the ref deems it incidental it is the same as if it hits the body
If the ref blows for a fk he is basically calling a handball
obstruction refers to impeding a player

correct...

as an illustration, obstruction is like what evra did to theo walcott coming down to the end of the game, even though the ref didnt call it..

that shoulda be an indirect

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2007, 11:03:54 AM »
great game...  Trotters was great...  very fair result..  Utd played poorly ...   Tough way to draw though...quite tough for utd fans..but overall great game

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2007, 11:41:58 AM »
Great game.
I'm pleased that Arsenal come back strong.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2007, 11:56:40 AM »
Where is Lazie I have some questions: I thought he was on this forum since he's not at the Reggae Forum. ;D ;D

1. Where were the "Empire's Darth Vader and Darth Maul" strike force? ;D

2.Where was the "Empire's bounty hunter Boba Fett" who was suppose to take out the "Rebels Lukeskywalker?" ;D

3. How will the "Empire" locate and destroy the "Rebels 3 (game in hand) secret bases" now that the "Empire" is at a disadvantage after losing the "Death Star" ;D

HOW WILL YOU STOP THE REBELS?  ??? ???
jjbrown

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2007, 12:35:04 PM »
Alex Ferguson is a great manager but lord he is a cry baby at times, always trying to intimidate referees. he said the referee favored Arsenal (read on)

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/7404660

Then he said Arsenal resorted to long balls thumped into the box that is how they score. Clearly he eh see the game. The goal came for Alumina kicking out and Arsenal winning a throw, Clichy then penetrated down the left and crossed (below head height) and it caused trouble for the Galas goal. Come now Fergie show some class!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2007, 01:17:18 PM »
Good match. I will give Arsenal a backhand compliment for coming back twice. I have to beat up on United for the sloppy defending that led to both goals. I also find that the last 3 games against Arsenal there has been a lack of killer instinct and not going for more goals instead of trying to kill time. It has cost them victories. That said it was hard to watch them lose the lead because it would have been a good way to shut Arsene9 up. United will still win the league. We will see how things are when the game is a OT!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2007, 01:25:46 PM »
ah reach current went by me for a while Revenge of the Sith lord next expisode  :devil: we will see u arsenal wanks in d second game next year  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2007, 01:32:25 PM »
ah reach current went by me for a while Revenge of the Sith lord next expisode  :devil: we will see u arsenal wanks in d second game next year  :devil:

LOL

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2007, 02:42:01 PM »
By the time the Young Gunners return to Old Trafford in April. The Gunners will have the league wrapped up with ManU playing for pride to stop the unbeaten run. ;D
jjbrown

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2007, 04:44:39 PM »
Angry Ferguson hits out at referee Webb

Sir Alex Ferguson accused referee Howard Webb of favouring Arsenal in Manchester United's 2-2 draw at the Emirates Stadium today.

'I think Howard Webb has a great chance to be the top referee but today was a big game for him and, at times, he favoured Arsenal,' Ferguson told MUTV.

'Their second goal came from him not giving a free-kick for a foul on Louis Saha on the far side. It should have been a foul for us.'

Ferguson believes it can be difficult for referees not to be influenced by hostile home crowds.

'It is very difficult for the referee,' he said. 'On our bench, we were getting terrible abuse from people two or three feet away from us.

'There is a lack of security here. It is absolutely disgraceful the abuse you and your staff take. All sorts of things are been shouted and screamed at you and there is an absolute danger here.'

Ferguson was frustrated United had not been able to hang on for a win that would have taken them to the top of the Barclays Premier League.

He said: 'I think we have thrown it away. At 2-1 you think you've won the game and for them to get a second goal when they did - for us to give it way in injury-time - it is very hard to take I can tell you. It is a fact that they got out of jail.

'We spoke about it at half-time, the importance of not letting them back in and we started the second half well and then we lose a goal from having our own throw in near their corner flag. It's amazing. It's criminal.

'After their equaliser, Arsenal got at us for five or 10 minutes but then it seemed to be heading for a draw.

'I don't settle for a point at any time. We send a team out with ability to win matches and we we try to win matches.

'We settled quite well after their equaliser and Wayne Rooney had a marvellous chance. Some of our attacking play was great, some of our football was threatening.

'In a game of that magnitude, there was going to be chances. We had ours and they had theirs.'

Ferguson felt Arsenal, who have reached the top of the table by playing attractive football, had resorted to direct tactics to force their way back into the game.

He said: 'Arsenal are good football team and they had plenty of possession but they didn't actually make anything of their chances.

'They got their second goal from pumping the ball into the box. It got a bit of a deflection when they pumped the ball into the box in injury-time and ended up at the back post (with Gallas). I think it (Gallas' volley) was over the line. Edwin (van der Sar) thought it was over the line.

'We produced some good football for our goals but their goals were a bit scrappy. It's unlike Arsenal. They normally score goals from good passing movements. Today they were slashing the ball in the box and getting goals from it.'

Meanwhile, Arsenal goal hero William Gallas claimed his team-mates were prepared to 'die' on the field to secure a result against Manchester United.

Gallas, who had earlier scored an own goal, grabbed an injury-time equaliser as the leaders denied United top spot in the Barclays Premier League at the Emirates Stadium.

Cristiano Ronaldo looked to have put United on course for victory after Cesc Fabregas had scored the Gunners' first equaliser.

Gallas hailed his side's teamwork and told Sky Sports: 'We had to fight. We said if we had to die we would die together on that field.

'In the first half we tried to play football but it was not really easy.

'We played very tight. It was difficult for us to find good space.

'We conceded a goal - maybe I was a little too late but that is football.

'In the second half when we came back on the pitch we said we had to play better.'

Arsenal, with a game in hand, remain unbeaten and top of the table from United only on goals scored.

Gallas added: 'I think we had to stay top of the table, we have to put pressure on other teams - other teams can go back like Chelsea or another team.

'We have to stay at the top to put pressure on Manchester United and maybe they can make the mistake.'

cry baby is ah undertsatement
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2007, 05:01:07 PM »
lol why is he a crybaby?

He is just disappointed that we gave away the lead twice... and Saha was clearly fouled in the play for arsenals equalizer but it is a thing of the past and I or Fergie cant do anything about it

2-2 FT... 1 point.. Past

time to look forward to the future

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2007, 06:25:43 PM »
By the time the Young Gunners return to Old Trafford in April. The Gunners will have the league wrapped up with ManU playing for pride to stop the unbeaten run. ;D

lol funny we will see.  :D U want to get add on my man utd hater list  :devil:  ::) ?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2007, 08:10:13 PM »
Adebayor is a shit snake, he has a poor first touch, and lacks creativity, flair and shot power/accuracy

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2007, 08:21:19 PM »
lol why is he a crybaby?

He is just disappointed that we gave away the lead twice... and Saha was clearly fouled in the play for arsenals equalizer but it is a thing of the past and I or Fergie cant do anything about it

2-2 FT... 1 point.. Past

time to look forward to the future

Small Mag yuh know why,  because he especially does see what he want to see. The no call on Saha could have gone either way, defender jumping Saha submarine the man. Ok! But that incident did not lead to the goal. That incident led to Eduardo blazing overbars. The goal came after that when ManU had the goal kick & gave up possession to Alumina. Both incidents have no relation.
Notice  Fergie eh mention the Hargraves hand ball, we both know penalties have been given for less. The ref had a difficult game to handle and in the end his calls balanced out, the ref did not have an influence on the game at all. fergie just making sure next time Webb have ManU he give them the calls.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2007, 08:27:14 PM »
Where is Lazie I have some questions: I thought he was on this forum since he's not at the Reggae Forum. ;D ;D

2.Where was the "Empire's bounty hunter Boba Fett" who was suppose to take out the "Rebels Lukeskywalker?" ;D

3. How will the "Empire" locate and destroy the "Rebels 3 (game in hand) secret bases" now that the "Empire" is at a disadvantage after losing the "Death Star" ;D

An Example of a very GAY Post ;D

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2007, 08:47:38 PM »
May the Farce be with you ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2007, 11:17:39 PM »

A fantastic game especially the second half.

The linesman earned his pay and a lot of other  points today!!!

MOTM for Arsenal:  Sagna

ManU at full strength did not look that intimidating and they could not take down an Arsenal side that did not include VanPersie, and with Alumina in goal ... umh.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2007, 07:52:57 AM »

I told my daughter the same thing after Gallas scored and I was jumpimg for joy. I told her that I was gay and happy and leaping for joy. ;D
jjbrown

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2007, 08:05:31 AM »
Arsenal escaped!!!  Disappointing.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2007, 08:17:53 AM »

ManU at full strength did not look that intimidating and they could not take down an Arsenal side that did not include VanPersie, and with Alumina in goal ... umh.

We were missing Scholes and G.Neville...  Arsenal only missed Van Persie...  Almunia is Arsenals #1

so rethink what you are saying

giggsy11

« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2007, 10:27:26 AM »

Sagna MOTM? Wah match you was watchin? He did a lot of ball watching, especially the plays that led up to Ronaldo's goal. I cah say anybody from either team really  stood out. Anderson was impressive with his aggressive doggedness and determination to break up plays (sometimes men). Sagna aint do anything to contribute to the draw as far as I saw. Is a shame Arsenal was so derilously happy to take a draw at home, whereas United was disappointed.

giggsy11

« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2007, 10:43:55 AM »

Oh yeah your own manager said that Arsenal were afraid to commit to many players in attack because they were concerned about United's ability to beat them on the counter attack! So you may not think United looked intimidating but Arsene9 took the necessary procautions not to get 4 up their arse!

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2007, 11:25:16 AM »
Oh yeah your own manager said that Arsenal were afraid to commit to many players in attack because they were concerned about United's ability to beat them on the counter attack! So you may not think United looked intimidating but Arsene9 took the necessary procautions not to get 4 up their arse!

You could see that in second half especially. Arsenal didnt play their game once the score was 1-1. They took a more cautious approach and started playing a more direct style using Adebayor as a target.
I think they should have stuck to their game but yesterday they showed some nerves. The team young and it shows the respect they have for Man Utd.

That said, Man Utd. showed a lot of respect for Arsenal too. Was a very tactical game.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2007, 02:04:22 PM »
I disagree on the importance of Sagna in the game. ManU's wide play which is their traditional strength failed to penetrate for most of the game. Both Ronaldo and Giggs were very quiet this game.
On the Ronaldo goal it was Walcott who was ball watching. You can see Sagna pointing to Walcott to pick up Evra as he went to aid in shutting down Saha. Walcott let Evra  run and Saha slip the ball between Sagna & Toure. Even the commentator get it wrong.  ;D
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>