April 26, 2024, 02:34:13 PM

Author Topic: Drogba 'disgust' at Chelsea move  (Read 1176 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Drogba 'disgust' at Chelsea move
« on: November 03, 2007, 08:59:30 AM »
Drogba 'disgust' at Chelsea move
Chelsea striker Didier Drogba's relationship with the club is set to be further tested after comments he has made about his move to Stamford Bridge.
Drogba, 29, joined Chelsea from Marseille for £24m in July 2004.

And, in a DVD about him released in France, he said: "I was disgusted. I realised that signing for Chelsea was disgusting. It's hard to explain."

Drogba recently backtracked on saying he wanted to leave Chelsea, who have declined to respond to the DVD.

Drogba added: "It's hard to understand because most of all, people see the financial side, or even the sporting side. But I simply wasn't happy."

It is unclear when the DVD - entitled 'The Incredible Destiny of Didier Drogba' - was recorded.

But Ivory Coast international Drogba talks candidly about not wanting to make the move to England from Marseille.

"I said to myself 'I couldn't give a damn' (that Marseille have accepted a bid)," he said.

"Maybe that's going to shock supporters of Chelsea, but I didn't want to leave.

"I even did some things that were almost absurd, in order not to go to Chelsea, such as during the medical.

"Going to the hospital in Paris, I was praying they would find a problem with my knee, or a problem with anything so the move would collapse."

Chelsea parted company with Jose Mourinho as manager earlier this season and prompted Drogba to question his future at the club in an interview with France Football magazine.

He said: "I want to leave Chelsea. Something is broken with Chelsea. The damage is big in the dressing room."

But he later issued an apology and stated: "I am a Chelsea player and will be 100% committed and supportive to my manager, my team-mates and the club.

"I will not be discussing my future any further until I meet privately with the club at the end of the season."

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7076615.stm

Published: 2007/11/03 12:27:48 GMT

© BBC MMVII
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>