March 28, 2024, 03:29:57 PM

Author Topic: McComie: Fenwick is weak.  (Read 7144 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
McComie: Fenwick is weak.
« on: November 03, 2007, 10:00:32 PM »
By: Kern De Freitas (Express)

To say that Joe Public's 2-1 victory over CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh in Friday's Toyota Classic final was sweet for coach Michael McComie would be an understatement.
But at the post-match press conference McComie was anything but joyful, slamming Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick for what he termed "disrespect" to the Joe Public players.
"[He said] 'they (Joe Public) don't have the ambition to come at us'. What ambition? There was a difference in class from the both teams in the second half."
"This trophy is the easiest trophy I've ever won," a fuming McComie stressed.
McComie also claimed the former England defender used a racist remark after the match, explaining that caused Joe Public goalkeeper Alejandro Figueroa to react angrily towards Fenwick.
The Joe Public coach was even less kind with his words as he described Fenwick's coaching system.
"His coaching is very much like the way he played when he played [for] England when he was the seventh man being passed by Maradona-weak!"
The former national goalie also hit out at the T&T Pro League for continuing to allow Fenwick to coach in Trinidad, insinuating they had treated offences by Fenwick lightly, such as an incident in the 2005 Toyota Classic final when the Jabloteh coach elbowed W Connection midfielder Gefferson Goulart in the face during a 1-0 loss. Goulart had scored a brilliant free kick before running towards the Jabloteh bench to celebrate.
"He is a weak coach," McComie repeated, "and it is the easiest final Joe Public will ever win."

Game Highlights.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 05:39:48 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: McComie: Fenwick is weak
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 10:03:35 PM »

"His coaching is very much like the way he played when he played [for] England when he was the seventh man being passed by Maradona-weak!"

"He is a weak coach," McComie repeated, "and it is the easiest final Joe Public will ever win."

This comming from ah man who about 2 or 3 "weaks" ago make us feel shame
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 12:19:05 AM »
hull yuh muddas McCummie

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 02:20:20 AM »
Fenwick being an ass or supposedly making racist remarks does not erase all the crap MaComie do, it cyah make that Grenada cut ass go away. Two $hite coaches wasting each other down. At least one does not smell of Jack Warner.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 04:32:54 AM »
so is  2 men living up to their names

macomie man

and fenweak
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 05:36:31 AM »
Michael McComie is all mouth.... who more weak than you McComie, even Grenada bussing we ass under you. He win a little Toyota Cup and fell like is de Olympic we qualify for. Go smell Jack bottom now.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: McComie: Fenwick is weak.
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 07:13:03 AM »
How quickly McComie forget his own weakness against Grenada.  nOw if that does not deserve a good laugh!!!!!
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 07:33:51 AM »
Two of them is shite coaches but Mc Cormie is ah man I never like and it was pretty unprofessional to air his dirty laundry like that typical of aman who coach we olympic team to two beat downs in we own stadium ...I say screw both of em

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 09:17:15 AM »
Very shallow responses so far from this board.  Whether Jabloeth coach was weak against Maradona or was weak last night is not the issue.  For McComie to make that the is issue is a kind of mental weakness in itself.  The issues are, was he unprofessional toward his opponents and did he use racist remarks toward anyone last night?  And if McComie has evidence that any of those things happened, then he shpuld report it to the league and have then deal with it.  Let me say I do not know the man, but whether you like or do not like the Jabloeth coach, racism or racist comments  should not be tolerated in our society, period.  Finally, McComie results with the U23 cannot change anything that happened last night and has no bearing. 

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 09:22:16 AM »
that is cyat
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 09:31:18 AM »
two sides to this...

firstly, if fenwick did use a racist comment then it clears up for me why the reaction of the joe public players at the end of the game didnt result in all out brawl taking place.. from where i was sitting, i really thought with emotions high (especially the way the game end), and that kinda close contact between players on the opposing teams, that we woulda see some fireworks.. the fact that the jabloteh players moreless stood by and tried to just usher those joe public players away, maybe is an indication that they were aware that fenwick was in the wrong.. if thats the case, that is a serious matter that should be dealt with accordingly..

as for mccommie, i find it disgusting that a coach would continue to endorse that behaviour after the dust done settle, and then bring them kinda immature comments to a press conference.. c'mon, set an example man, i don't see the point in condoning that kinda behavior even if it is provoked.. what then can you say to your player if someone make a racist statement toward him in the next game and he cuff them down on the field? how can you discipline that if this is the stance you taking?

steups

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 10:12:33 AM »
two sides to this...

firstly, if fenwick did use a racist comment then it clears up for me why the reaction of the joe public players at the end of the game didnt result in all out brawl taking place.. from where i was sitting, i really thought with emotions high (especially the way the game end), and that kinda close contact between players on the opposing teams, that we woulda see some fireworks.. the fact that the jabloteh players moreless stood by and tried to just usher those joe public players away, maybe is an indication that they were aware that fenwick was in the wrong.. if thats the case, that is a serious matter that should be dealt with accordingly..

as for mccommie, i find it disgusting that a coach would continue to endorse that behaviour after the dust done settle, and then bring them kinda immature comments to a press conference.. c'mon, set an example man, i don't see the point in condoning that kinda behavior even if it is provoked.. what then can you say to your player if someone make a racist statement toward him in the next game and he cuff them down on the field? how can you discipline that if this is the stance you taking?

steups

off topic. you need to change your location. I keep thinking your in london especially when your posts at wierd times I'm thinking what was this guy doing on SW 6am GMT lol

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 09:23:49 AM »
McComie have a personal vendetta with Fenwick longtime so i cah take anything he say as the truth without some kinda evidence. I feel Fenwick pull he girl or something cause the amount of thing McComie is say about Fenwick and Fenwick doh even bother to respond, so is clearly a one way rivalry.

The only time Fenwick ever mention him was witht he Peltier thing, which was directed at the TTFF and not McComie directly.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 09:52:32 AM »
By: Kern De Freitas (Express)

But at the post-match press conference McComie was anything but joyful, slamming Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick for what he termed "disrespect" to the Joe Public players.
"[He said] 'they (Joe Public) don't have the ambition to come at us'. What ambition? There was a difference in class from the both teams in the second half."
"This trophy is the easiest trophy I've ever won," a fuming McComie stressed.
McComie also claimed the former England defender used a racist remark after the match, explaining that caused Joe Public goalkeeper Alejandro Figueroa to react angrily towards Fenwick.
The Joe Public coach was even less kind with his words as he described Fenwick's coaching system.

Beyond the racist comment, Fenwicks pre-game statements about Joe Public's ambition may explain the players reaction after the game.
Live large and prosper!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 09:55:51 AM »

This comming from ah man who about 2 or 3 "weaks" ago make us feel shame

...I didn't know he even spoke ! When he destroyed the hopes of a nation ...silence ..he win ah local Cup and suddenly he calling press conference...why none ah dem jokey reporters eh ask him bout we olympic defeat ! Jokers all !

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 10:44:20 AM »
Idiot 1 or Idiot 2 but both is idiot
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 11:57:10 AM »
fenwick vs mccommie
50cents de white boy comes out ontop in this fight

1]; } ?>