April 16, 2024, 03:19:42 PM

Author Topic: Caledonia AIA/Morvant Caledonia United Thread.  (Read 45681 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Caledonia equipped with Glen for second leg Tempéte clash
« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2011, 07:12:03 AM »
Also heard Bleeder get man ah d match! kudos to him! ........on a side note doh, Mods is time to tek dong dah gally cummings video please...ah fed up see it every time ah log on.  Is done ah prehistoric quality aready!!

All you need to do is click the one below

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Caledonia equipped with Glen for second leg Tempéte clash
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2011, 04:50:06 AM »
Caledonia goes out on penalties.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Digicel T&T Pro League runner-up Caledonia AIA was dumped from the Caribbean Football Union Club Championship after bowing to Haitian champions, Tempete 3-2 on penalty kicks in Saint-Marc, on Sunday.

This after the T&T club won the second round second-leg clash 1-0 at Parc Levelt to even the home-and-away series at 1-1 and send the match to a penalty-kicks decider before a large crowd after losing the first-leg match at Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar on April 22 by the same scoreline.

Tempete now joins Guyana champions Alpha United and Digicel T&T Pro League winner and two-time CFU kings, Defence Force in the semifinal round to be played in Guyana from May 23rd and 25th.

The remaining semifinal spot will be determined on Saturday when defending champions Puerto Rico Islanders host Suriname’s Walking Boyz with the series locked at 1-1.

Walking Boyz scored in the 48th minute through Clifton Sandvliet, but the Islanders got an equaliser in injury time from Jamie Cunningham. The semifinal winners and third placed team will qualify for the Concacaf Champions League.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Caledonia boost squad with 7 foreign signings.
« Reply #182 on: January 30, 2014, 06:24:17 PM »
U.S. midfielder Ralph Lundy pledges to excite Pro League.
ttproleague.com.

Caledonia AIA new-boy Ralph Lundy III is promising something new and exciting to the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League. And it has nothing to do with the fact that he is one of the few Americans to ever play professionally in the twin-island.

The 23-year-old Lundy, yet to make his mark anywhere professionally, said, “I can bring some excitement and something that people aren't accustomed to seeing on a regular basis.

“I think my skills set is with my distribution and creating chances to go to goal—my vision—that's definitely apart from players down here.”

Lundy is a former teammate of T&T and recently signed Central FC midfielder Sean de Silva at the College of Charleston, where his father Ralph Lundy II, continues to serve as the long-standing and very successful coach, isn’t a stranger to the twin-island.

Unknown to most, Lundy has very close ties to T&T. Ever since his junior years he would frequently visit Tobago – the island of his parents’ honeymoon – where he would train under his father’s friend and former T&T head coach, Bertille St. Clair, at the Bertille St. Clair Coaching School.

St. Clair and present T&T technical director Anton Corneal both served Lundy’s father’s at his Ralph Lundy Soccer Academy Summer Camp in the past, and well before that, Corneal and Kestor Lendor, president of Super League club Real Maracas, both played under Ralph Lundy II. while attending Erskine College and College of Charleston, respectively.

“Literally (St. Clair) raised me in soccer and I have to credit him a lot in terms of my soccer. Both him and Anton Corneal had a massive role in my soccer development,” said Lundy III.

Years later, and out of college, Lundy joined United Soccer League (USL) Professional Division side Charleston Battery on trial during the 2013 pre-season and unluckily suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). He was side-lined for seven months following surgery, and today credits Greg Banks, athletics trainer for the U.S. Women's National Team and U.S. Soccer Federation,  for his successful recovery.

Lundy arrived in Trinidad last November on the invitation of Real Maracas' Lendor, but explained, “I got the opportunity to train with Caledonia and coach Jamaal (Shabazz) thought I can make a difference in his team.”

“He would certainly add some colour to the team,” said the riveting Shabazz. “His ability to play the ball to the back of defences is something that we need in the team. And for him to choose to play with us, has humbled us tremendously… that Caledonia could attract players of different races. Who knows… very soon the nephew of Sat Maharaj—the secretary general of the major Hindu organisation in T&T the Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha—will come to our team."

Shabazz in his efforts to inject new blood – a rebuilding attempt – in a team that is suffering the effects of wear-and-tear have included midfielders Jameel “Shooter” Neptune, 20, Guyanese Pernell Schultz, 19, Dylon King, 20, Vincentian Nical Stephens, 21; St Lucian defender Otev Lawrence, 17; and forwards St Lucian Lester Joseph, 20, Grenadian Denron Frederick, 24, and veteran Conrad Smith returning from a short stint at St. Ann’s Rangers.

Jamaican goalkeeper Kevin Graham, 30, also returned during the December/January while 21-year-old goalkeeper Jesse Peters was snapped up.

“We focused a lot on youth because we are at a rebuilding stage,” explained Shabazz. “We’ve got to keep an eye on the club with regards to (veteran players) Abdallah Phillips and Stephan David.”

Shabazz singled out former Central FC and Malabar FC midfielder Neptune as player with promising talent.

The Caledonia head coach said, “I think in the case of Jameel ‘Shooter’ Neptune, it’s only natural that a ‘shooter’ will want to come to Morvant/Laventille. But this is a ‘shooter’ with a difference. He is a very talented footballer, good head on his shoulders, and I think he will be the future shock of the local game.

“I followed him closely in the Super League with Malabar and I think once he works hard, he will bring a lot to the table.

“As for our signings from other islands, we have a commitment to our Caribbean neighbours in the same way we see the development of youths in Morvant/Laventille. It’s the same development we want for the youths of Georgetown (Guyana), Casties (St Lucia) and Kingstown (St Vincent). Ideologically, Caledonia AIA is about one Caribbean people. We are the West Indies.”

Caledonia, winners of the 2012 Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Club Championship and last season’s Digicel Pro League runners-up behind champions Defence Force, will vie for a third consecutive Concacaf Champions League appearance in Caribbean qualifiers which runs from February 19 – 26.

“It’s one of the biggest reasons why I'm here,” said Lundy, who is signed on a short-term contract, with an option to renew. “It's a big opportunity (for players to play in the Concacaf Champions League)... one that doesn't come around to every player.”

But domestically Caledonia are in desperate need of points, sitting sixth on the nine-team Pro League table with 14 points, just as fifth positioned Central FC, and a miserable 3:5:3 record.

Ahead of them are Point Fortin Civic, North East Stars and Police FC, all with 17 points, while undefeated runaway leaders DIRECTV W Connection enjoys a 15-point lead with 32 points.

Caledonia next faces cross-town rivals and eight positioned San Juan Jabloteh from 8 pm on Friday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, following a 6 pm clash between Police FC and Central FC.

“I’m hoping that we can find our feet and climb the table,” Lundy said. (…) and put some pressure on Connection because they are on cruise control.”

Connection meanwhile will travel to the Mahaica Oval on Saturday to tackle home side Point Fortin Civic from 3.30 pm in the Round Two Match Day Five top of the table clash.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:27:08 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Caledonia boost squad with 7 foreign signings.
« Reply #183 on: January 30, 2014, 06:54:02 PM »
Ralph Lundy III signing his Caledonia contract.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 30, 2014, 06:59:53 PM »
Pathetic !!!!

Jamaal always talking about the development of Morvant/Laventille players but yet not one of his players are from his community.

No wonder no one goes to see these games as they do not feel connected to the clubs.

We want to take football back to de community and we signing second rated foreign players.

I dont understand where they getting the money to pay these men and house them too but everyday he is de press cringe for money.

So W Connection have about 18 foreign players and Caledonia have about 12. So between just two clubs we have about 28 foreign players.

We really that bad or starving for talent in T&T?

Who here living in T&T feel we suffering that bad for players?

How de government helping these teams and de one who have full local players not getting help?

FS, help me out here?

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 07:02:35 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 30, 2014, 07:02:09 PM »
We want to take football back to de community and we signing second rated foreign players.

That's the market.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 30, 2014, 07:04:30 PM »

That's the market.

So import cheap labour and water down de league.

Maybe I judging wrong, maybe we local youths don't care about football anymore.

We have over 200 SSFL players every year and none eh care.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 30, 2014, 07:06:52 PM »
“He would certainly add some colour to the team,” said the riveting Shabazz. “His ability to play the ball to the back of defences is something that we need in the team. And for him to choose to play with us, has humbled us tremendously… that Caledonia could attract players of different races. Who knows… very soon the nephew of Sat Maharaj—the secretary general of the major Hindu organisation in T&T the Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha—will come to our team."

Too flowery, even by the Shabazz meter.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 30, 2014, 07:07:40 PM »

That's the market.

Sam, you have the impression that Caledonia did Lundy a favor?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 30, 2014, 07:09:23 PM »
Who is the third person in the photo?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 30, 2014, 07:35:16 PM »
It look like Lachoo, de Joe Public coach.?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 30, 2014, 07:36:38 PM »

That's the market.

Sam, you have the impression that Caledonia did Lundy a favor?

No, maybe Lundy is a good player, who knows.

I am talking overall, we need to limit to just 6 foreign players to each team.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 30, 2014, 07:55:14 PM »
Who is the third person in the photo?

Assistant Coach, Rajesh Latchoo.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 30, 2014, 08:20:23 PM »
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 08:22:52 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 30, 2014, 08:38:43 PM »
Corneal - Shabazz connection alive and kicking.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2014, 11:08:56 PM »
Pathetic !!!!

Jamaal always talking about the development of Morvant/Laventille players but yet not one of his players are from his community.

No wonder no one goes to see these games as they do not feel connected to the clubs.

I dont understand where they getting the money to pay these men and house them too but everyday he is de press cringe for money.

So W Connection have about 18 foreign players and Caledonia have about 12. So between just two clubs we have about 28 foreign players.

We really that bad or starving for talent in T&T?

Who here living in T&T feel we suffering that bad for players?

How de government helping these teams and de one who have full local players not getting help?

FS, help me out here?

One thing I will admit is that it is hard to find good quality players in T&T.  Look at where we found our players:

Mitchell, Winchester ....Tobago
Plaza ....Vietnam
Marshall.... Myanmar (Burma)
de Silva ...... USA
Paul..... Guaya (previously USA)
Guerra.....Finland

I see four things happening here.
Any decent youngsters want a college education, go to the states and stay there with help from coaches such as La Foucard.
The ones who can't get a scholarship want to stay in school to play intercol. By the time they turn to the Pro League they have lost two or three years of development and are ordinary.
Others join the Army, Police, T&TEC, WASA because they have a guaranteed income and it's an easy ride for a footballer.
Clubs such as Connection, Caledonia and now Central recognise that there is no point just building a team to win the league, you have to build a team to get through CFU.

There is not one single professional academy in T&T. Even if there was, would kids go there and understand the importance of staying there? The youth leagues are not sufficient because the clubs either do not have enough funding to properly coach the kids or they do not want to direct the funds there.

And it will get worse. The Pro League have just effectively scrapped the Reserve league. This was where your 19 & 20 year olds who aren't getting regular spots in the first team, get their regular competitive football so they can step up. Quintero is a good example of a product of the Reserves. He would play against guys from other clubs first team squads, instead of playing against kids. So this season, he was ready for the Pro League. Now we have to play as U18's and put our 19 & 20 year olds in there. Also, our players who didn't make the team at the weekend would usually play in the reserves on Mondays. As would senior players coming back from injury. How can we expect, say, Marvin Oliver or Keion Goodridge to play against 16 year olds in the U18's? Only St Anns Rangers and Central voted against the changes.
Everywhere, the Reserves are vital to development and first team preparation. I once saw Luca Modric, Gomes, Ledley King and Aaron Lennon all playing for Spurs reserves vs Orient reserves on a cold Monday night.

Also, there are not enough qualified youth coaches, and the salaries are not high enough to encourage coaches to improve.

We can complain a lot more about not receiving govt money and other clubs spending it on foreign players, but if we create too much noise, maybe the govt will pull the plug on funding all together. If that happens, there will be no Pro League, which doesn't help anyone.
All we can do at Central is follow our philosophy and hope it pays off.
But I can guarantee that Central will sign 2 or 3 foreign players in the next 12 months, because it is a benefit to bring foreign players into the squad, if they are decent.
We have said several times that our aim is to see 5 or 6 Central players regularly in the SNT, and I think we may get near to that by the summer.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 11:20:05 PM by Football supporter »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2014, 04:26:20 AM »
I agree with FS - we do have some good SSFL players but they want to live in the limelight - players want to be the biggest fish in a small pond rather than grow in a more competitive environment, and without professional contracts can you blame players wanting to only go semi-pro or join teams like Defence Force?

There's a serious problem in Trini football of lack of money, caused by lack of attendance - the league can't live on 50 fans a game. Once we get clubs sustainable we can talk about youth academies and pro contracts, which will improve our game exponentially. Attendances will break the (sometimes unreliable) dependency on the government as an important benefit.

Not sure about these signings tho - W Connections players had some internet presence and caps, but I can barely find info on half these foreign signings - the Grenadian only exists in this move, Lundy appears only at College and his dad's soccer camp, Joseph has no presence and doesn't make the national team (Otev Lawrence has 4 caps at 17 years old, in comparison). The rest play ball in Trini...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 05:27:18 AM by Tiresais »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2014, 06:05:45 PM »
There is not one single professional academy in T&T. Even if there was, would kids go there and understand the importance of staying there?

They would, if the academy education curriculum is like any high scool in TT. You must have it like a high school for parents to feel comfortable. They have to do GCE. So if they don't make it in the academy, they have their high school diploma.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Caledonia AIA/Morvant Caledonia United Thread.
« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2020, 09:55:09 PM »
FYI

In March 2004 both Arima Morvant Fire and Caledonia AIA merged and became one team under the name of Caledonia AIA Fire. A couple of years later the Club dropped the Fire tag and kept the name Caledonia AIA. In 2015 the Club again had a name change and is now known as Morvant Caledonia United.

1]; } ?>