April 25, 2024, 10:41:56 AM

Author Topic: Fenwick post match reaction for the Jabloteh vs River game.  (Read 7189 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick post match reaction for the Jabloteh vs River game.
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 07:50:17 AM »
Fenwick fines himself, apologises to Glen.
T&T Express.

I read, Big man, trying to get on with coaching, could only get better.....no matter whey yuh come from, yuh could learn, as long as yuh willing.....those that don't, end up right back where they started, when confronted with adversity - brought on by self  or others - revert to the old way they used to deal with it,when they were back then, as if they had learned nothing during their rise to the little hieghts they worked so hard to achieve..

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 09:56:07 AM »
Thanks to the pressure on these threads, Fenwick who is a man who definitely follows the website, decided to come off his hot headed horse, distance himself from de Roy Keane in-need-of-anger-managment type of behaviour and apologize to "little" Glen and fine himself. I like dah one  :rotfl:. Daiz a big victory people as de fans have de power to ruin a man reputation and he understands that. Well done forumites. Keep de pressure on anybody engaging in slackness. Local or foreign, player or coach. We eh go stand for it. Period.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 10:39:43 AM »
Thanks to the pressure on these threads, Fenwick who is a man who definitely follows the website, decided to come off his hot headed horse, distance himself from de Roy Keane in-need-of-anger-managment type of behaviour and apologize to "little" Glen and fine himself. I like dah one  :rotfl:. Daiz a big victory people as de fans have de power to ruin a man reputation and he understands that. Well done forumites. Keep de pressure on anybody engaging in slackness. Local or foreign, player or coach. We eh go stand for it. Period.

Correct, and I was very happy Fenwick did the big man job and apologise. Allyuh feel if it was Jack if he woulda aoplogised ?

Great job Fenwick, again, good luck to Jabloteh.

I am shocked the Guardian took part from Flex interview and wrote it over....
 :o

http://guardian.co.tt/sports/football/2010/04/23/fenwick-blame-river-plate
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 07:00:18 PM »
"an apology has already been accepted by Cyrano for my misdemeanor."
well if Cyrano could accept who is me
well done

Good interview Flex
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2010, 08:04:20 AM »
Extended version.
     Aye Sam thanks for the extended version,this is a total disgrace and disrespect for Football and the people of our country,i can't believe what i'm seeing here and all peeps harping on is Fenwick and what he did,these people came to our country insulted us and we had to run and hide in the name of club and country,imagine these people pelting patrons in the stands this could have turned in a crisis,this is one time our laid back culture played a huge role in calming things.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2010, 01:35:30 PM »
Extended version.
     Aye Sam thanks for the extended version,this is a total disgrace and disrespect for Football and the people of our country,i can't believe what i'm seeing here and all peeps harping on is Fenwick and what he did,these people came to our country insulted us and we had to run and hide in the name of club and country,imagine these people pelting patrons in the stands this could have turned in a crisis,this is one time our laid back culture played a huge role in calming things.

Coops,
           This shows the state our football has reached. The fans did not want to get their hands dirty. But I doubt there was much people to see that game. Because if there was big crowd they would not have dared behave in that manner. But I glad everyone saw the true behaviour of the visitors.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2010, 02:00:05 PM »
No question, the only way to counter the abuse that dem taco-eating Ricans and Argentians dish out on we boys in we country as displayed in the video (not to mention the Argentinians and Rians pelting objects in to the stands) is for us to see it as an issue of national dignity at stake and NEVAH! allow another international club contest go by without us turning out in real threatening numbers to ensure that they doh take we for joke. I will not apologize for saying this as it will happen again if we doh see the light. Iz not Oliver's problem or Peltiers or "dah-local-fellah-who-is-a-shittong" 's problem, Iz OUR problem. Can you dig it?  >:(
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2010, 03:05:24 PM »
Extended version.

Coops,
           This shows the state our football has reached. The fans did not want to get their hands dirty. But I doubt there was much people to see that game. Because if there was big crowd they would not have dared behave in that manner. But I glad everyone saw the true behaviour of the visitors.

fenwick was holding the players back !!!if you all notice
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2010, 02:05:09 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dg2oIkDwsSM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Dg2oIkDwsSM</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Intru

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2010, 02:24:01 PM »
No question, the only way to counter the abuse that dem taco-eating Ricans and Argentians dish out on we boys in we country as displayed in the video (not to mention the Argentinians and Rians pelting objects in to the stands) is for us to see it as an issue of national dignity at stake and NEVAH! allow another international club contest go by without us turning out in real threatening numbers to ensure that they doh take we for joke. I will not apologize for saying this as it will happen again if we doh see the light. Iz not Oliver's problem or Peltiers or "dah-local-fellah-who-is-a-shittong" 's problem, Iz OUR problem. Can you dig it?  >:(

Chill brother, theres only like 2 puerto ricans in the entire river squad thats a argies team, run and funded by argies from a town most puerto ricans dont even like. Most PRican who follow footy are Islanders supporters and have nothing but respect for trini and their players they are important to us and we just signed another trini this week.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2010, 03:05:35 PM »

Chill brother, theres only like 2 puerto ricans in the entire river squad thats a argies team, run and funded by argies from a town most puerto ricans dont even like. Most PRican who follow footy are Islanders supporters and have nothing but respect for trini and their players they are important to us and we just signed another trini this week.

I agree!!!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2010, 03:56:08 PM »

Say nothing of the fact that Puerto Ricans don't eat tacos any more than Argentines eat roti...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2020, 08:13:19 AM »
Who remember when this team came to T&T and put some lash in we ass in we own home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiDvUcaPCL4

« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 09:19:01 AM by Flex »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2020, 09:10:38 AM »
I remember that but didn't recall it lasted so long. Could be it's the first time seeing this particular video.
Not condoning the behavir of both teams but why would the TTProLeague post that on YouTube though, not the type of PR you'll want to promote for the league. And worse yet typing comments like this:
ttproleague
9 years ago
trinis need to start defending dere teams.....dont think im tryna promote random violence eh....buh if any foreign or local team wanna play dey hitting a playa frm w.connection....dere wud b no way i wud jus b in d stands screamin....iz rel bottle tuh face dem wudda geh
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 09:55:22 AM by soccerman »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2020, 05:36:37 PM »
I remember that but didn't recall it lasted so long. Could be it's the first time seeing this particular video.
Not condoning the behavir of both teams but why would the TTProLeague post that on YouTube though, not the type of PR you'll want to promote for the league. And worse yet typing comments like this:
ttproleague
9 years ago
trinis need to start defending dere teams.....dont think im tryna promote random violence eh....buh if any foreign or local team wanna play dey hitting a playa frm w.connection....dere wud b no way i wud jus b in d stands screamin....iz rel bottle tuh face dem wudda geh

I remember that game a bit. That River PR team was well coached by some Argentines living in PR. I think the team were mostly Argentinians. Jabloteh underestimated the River team. Thinking them PR can't play football. But they got beat. But the PR team came with the nasty Argentinian club football attitude. I am one who also don't like to condone violence, but on this occasion the PR team deserved a slap in they f--king face. Is them who wanted to fight. Not Jabloteh.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 05:42:06 PM by Deeks »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2020, 10:03:19 AM »
ttproleague
9 years ago

I remember that game a bit. That River PR team was well coached by some Argentines living in PR. I think the team were mostly Argentinians. Jabloteh underestimated the River team. Thinking them PR can't play football. But they got beat. But the PR team came with the nasty Argentinian club football attitude. I am one who also don't like to condone violence, but on this occasion the PR team deserved a slap in they f--king face. Is them who wanted to fight. Not Jabloteh.
That might be so, River could've been at fault and started everything. Just think it's a bad PR move for the TTProLeague to post that video and leave those kinds of comments. Trust me I know how nasty those teams can play and the things they can do to get under your skin, they probably did deserve a slap but that shouldn't be coming from the pro leagues social media account.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2020, 05:53:06 PM »
ttproleague
9 years ago

That might be so, River could've been at fault and started everything. Just think it's a bad PR move for the TTProLeague to post that video and leave those kinds of comments. Trust me I know how nasty those teams can play and the things they can do to get under your skin, they probably did deserve a slap but that shouldn't be coming from the pro leagues social media account.

True , it is something that should not be posted  online. But honestly, we don't have to be worried about violence in TT football at this moment. Nobody does go to football anyway. But I know in my time, if that team had displayed that attitude in PSA or Geo V(Mandela) Park, they would be rain of bottles in they arse. That time people were passionate about football. Not now.

1]; } ?>