March 28, 2024, 05:19:25 AM

Author Topic: Who was de best players to ever visit T&T.  (Read 9017 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who was de best players to ever visit T&T.
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2007, 12:34:47 PM »
Coop's,

I know you would remember him.  You hit it on the head.  My most vivid memory of that tour was how Aloi destroyed Anim David and Winston Phillips (Bee).  Man, he had Anim David spinning like a bobtail dog.  Yes, he came down the right side - near the pavilion end.  I know Bee is your boy, but he was a bruiser too.  The team was Nautico.  Edu was on the Brazilian schoolboy team that came to Trinidad in the 1960s.  I believe they even beat the national team. 

Trevor
       All yu fellas brain better than mine boy,you and SH recollection real good,SH you know those days it was difficult for us to go Skinner Park to watch Football so we missed out on a lot of Football being played there,but any thing in the North/East could not get away even if we had to storm,i remembered when Chelsea came,does Wolverhampton Wanderers ring a bell anybody, i think they came to T&T also.  
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 05:34:31 PM by Coop's »

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007, 12:37:09 PM »
Henry and Vieira were here..

I just miss them at the barber shop by 15 mins..

Are you serious ?? I heard Edgar Davids was there too ?

I say these players...

Eddie Johnson, DaMarcus Beasley, Clint Dempsey, Landon Donovan, David Suazo, Antonio Careca, Bebeto, Ricardo Rocha, Jared Borgetti, Pavel Prado, Cuauhtemoc Blanco, Antonio Naelson, Walter Centeno, Paulo Wanchope, Luis Tejada, Julio Medina, Pele, Franz Beckenbauer, Carlos Tevez, Theodore Withmore, Nolberto Solano, Maximiliano Lopez, Niko Kranjcar, Deigo, and Alan Shearer.

Didn't Ronaldhino came to T&T before ? that's when Yorke under 20 team beat Brazil before going to Portugal in 1991 ?

Anyone know if Rafael Marquez ever play in T&T ?

man go from here wid dah f£$kery...steups
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 12:51:47 PM »
Jai John,

You are good.  Who are you?  You are on target.   After Eloi, that was one of the greatest performaces I saw.  The Howard left winger was Mori Diane.  Howard drew against the national team in the Oval.  Mori really starred against the Defense Forces at King George V Park.  It was a combined team of all the defense forces.  It was a night game.  That was the game when Charlie Spooner swung the right hand at him.  I am sure Coop’s played in that game.

Trevor Leiba

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2007, 01:09:35 PM »
I will go out on ah limb here simply because this player, though not world ranked, was one of the best defenders to have graced the local stage and he qualifies as he is not trinidadian ..... so who is he local experts ?
Stuart Charles-Fevrier
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2007, 02:08:55 PM »
I will go out on ah limb here simply because this player, though not world ranked, was one of the best defenders to have graced the local stage and he qualifies as he is not trinidadian ..... so who is he local experts ?
Stuart Charles-Fevrier

Oh god Tallman... I now coming to answer....

You know you ban from any kinda trivia....

... unless it have to do with goal scoring definitions....  :devil:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2007, 02:10:22 PM »
I would not consider him de best...but Ian Wright came to Trini with Crystal Palace in de 80s. I remember de strike squad beat them and ah think Leonson Lewis scored a brace.

I feel yuh tryin gto trap Tallman...

Leonson Lewis score a beaver trick dat game!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2007, 02:52:28 PM »
SH memory long in truth. Ask him which was the other team that come with Chelsea? They was in the English second division at the time  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2007, 04:41:40 PM »

Didn't Ronaldhino came to T&T before ? that's when Yorke under 20 team beat Brazil before going to Portugal in 1991 ?

Breds..how old yuh really feel Ronaldinho is. De man woulda be about 12 den  ;D

Elber was on dat side and he came to T&T. Roberto Carlos was too, but I don't know if he came to T&T.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2007, 04:47:23 PM »
Henry and Vieira were here..

I just miss them at the barber shop by 15 mins..

If yuh count the U-17 world cup, had nuff players here like Tevez, Diego, Fernando Torres, Kranjcar, Sinama Pongolle  etc...

Saw Vieira at BASE one Friday night

Vieira wife is Trini. Apparently he's been to T&T a few times

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2007, 04:47:33 PM »
SH memory long in truth. Ask him which was the other team that come with Chelsea? They was in the English second division at the time  ;D

Crystal Palace?

One of the foreign players who made de biggest impressions on me was a young fella from de same Corinthians team dat did come down wit Socrates.  De fella was amazin.  Was tipped to be a nex Brazil Superstar but den like we eh hear nutting bout he too much again.

I cyah remember he name but he twas tall, black and deadly.  Midfielder.

Pele was poision when he play in de oval....ah cyah remember who dey put to mark him but Pele end up goin all by de T&T corner flag when play was in de Santos goal area and de man who was markin him went wit him too.  Funny no tail.  Until de tear gas anyway.

Oddahs who make a impression dat I could remember was

Charlie Cook
Ian Wright
Vince Hilaire
Babu Mani (a Indian footballer....he wasn't good but he was a novelty and had some skillz)
Hagler from Jamaica...dat man used to kick dong wind.  De epitome of de wile jamaican footballer
Entingh
Omberg de Surinam captain (de best left foot I ever see LIVE)
Roy George
Phillipe Vorbe
Henri Francillon
Emmanuel Sanon

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2007, 05:35:01 PM »

Crystal Palace?

One of the foreign players who made de biggest impressions on me was a young fella from de same Corinthians team dat did come down wit Socrates.  De fella was amazin.  Was tipped to be a nex Brazil Superstar but den like we eh hear nutting bout he too much again.

Pele was poision when he play in de oval....ah cyah remember who dey put to mark him but Pele end up goin all by de T&T corner flag when play was in de Santos goal area and de man who was markin him went wit him too.  Funny no tail.  Until de tear gas anyway.

Charlie Cook
Ian Wright
Vince Hilaire
Babu Mani (a Indian footballer....he wasn't good but he was a novelty and had some skillz)
Hagler from Jamaica...dat man used to kick dong wind.  De epitome of de wile jamaican footballer
Entingh
Roy George
Phillipe Vorbe
Henri Francillon
Emmanuel Sanon

Yuh call some real names dey. If I am not mistaken Alvin  C coach the Caribbean team and put ah man from Haiti to man mark Pele. People boo the man and then Pele make he look like ah dam fool dragging the man all over the pitch
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2007, 09:00:53 PM »

Crystal Palace?

Charlie Cook
Ian Wright
Vince Hilaire
Entingh
Roy George
Phillipe Vorbe
Henri Francillon
Emmanuel Sanon

Yuh fuhget Adam, Moses and Jesus from dat list... yuh ole facker.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2007, 10:09:16 PM »

Crystal Palace?

Charlie Cook
Ian Wright
Vince Hilaire
Entingh
Roy George
Phillipe Vorbe
Henri Francillon
Emmanuel Sanon

Yuh fuhget Adam, Moses and Jesus from dat list... yuh ole facker.

OK Methuselah... ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2007, 11:44:23 PM »

OK Methuselah... ;D
Methuselah was my great-uncle, bite yuh tongue.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2007, 08:45:19 AM »
Stuart Charles-Fevrier

as usual Tallman you are on the ball. I remember when he came to Trinidad and his first trial for ASL ( I believe he played for Fulham or some other Arima team before this ) was at the woodbrook youth centre....a lot slimmer then .... we sat next to each other waiting our turn to try out and talked a bit ...mine never came .... too many big names too little time ...I wonder if he remembers that....

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2007, 11:08:04 AM »
Ah waiting but like nobody want to mention
Cubillas, Hugo Sanchez, Alex Ferguson,
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2007, 12:20:07 PM »
But how alyuh could leave out the big belly Brazilian side that play the Warriors the other day.

Then they had a tournament with some old men a few yrs ago in the stadium. Intl ting. Dwight Yorke was a guest player with the TT team.

One of the Bent brothers pass tru I remember watching them play a pfl XI or Joe public in the COE yrs ago.

Then they had the Brazilian side our under 20s beat...juninho was on dat side.

and lastly...

David Rocastle RIP

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2007, 12:26:47 PM »
But how alyuh could leave out the big belly Brazilian side that play the Warriors the other day.

Then they had a tournament with some old men a few yrs ago in the stadium. Intl ting. Dwight Yorke was a guest player with the TT team.

One of the Bent brothers pass tru I remember watching them play a pfl XI or Joe public in the COE yrs ago.

Then they had the Brazilian side our under 20s beat...juninho was on dat side.

and lastly...

David Rocastle RIP

Touches yuh eh read all the thread dem ;D
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2007, 10:14:21 AM »
Add Cafu to that list.....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2007, 07:58:28 PM »
Saw Barnes, Socrates, Zico  I tink dat is it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2007, 08:48:51 PM »
Kevin Keegan, Ole Gunnar Solskjær, Tore André Flo, Claus Lundekvam

I eh sure, but Thomas Ravelli mighta been de keeper for Sweden when dey cut we tail 5-0 in 1983.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 09:12:56 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2007, 09:59:22 AM »
This was a nice thread that I missed out on.

Going by Sams original post, I am going to assume he meant, ppl to have actually played in TT and perhaps in their prime, not in some Masters tournament.

Well the Flamenco the World Club Champions in 1982, just after the WC, with Zico, Junior and Eder.

A few months later, Socrates with Corinthians.

Hotspurs with Hoddle

Arsenal with Jennings. Never see anybody make Pat Jennings looks so dotish. But he starred big time in the 82 WC a few months later.

Those were my last few years in TT and I got spoilt watching big names come to TT on a regular basis.

It probably would have continued if JW didn't fack up Arthur Suite.....STEUUPPS.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2007, 02:18:14 PM »
Ah waiting but like nobody want to mention
Cubillas, Hugo Sanchez, Alex Ferguson,

i tink cubillas was mentioned before..hugo sanchez is a good one...but im pretty sure alex ferguson SAF was not a big time footballer in he days coorect me if im wrong

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2020, 09:34:12 AM »
Philippe Vorbe and Carlos Tevez.

:devil:

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2020, 03:43:49 PM »
Pele , beckenbauer , Giorgio chinaglia , Peter osgood , Iloi , Charlie Cooke , Arnold zebeda , Phillipe  vorbe, a skinny man from Suriname name Edwin Schaal and peru's ( pele ) cubillas to name a few ... Too much to mention !   aye is real big name players touch down trini shores dem times ... De oval and king George the fifth park was we stomping ground for storming to see dem big name players lol  real crowd dem times

1]; } ?>