April 26, 2024, 10:02:05 PM

Author Topic: Keane: Jones Will Not Be Sold  (Read 2895 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Keane: Jones Will Not Be Sold
« on: November 05, 2007, 06:07:35 AM »

Sunderland manager Roy Keane has insisted that striker Kenwyne Jones will not be sold during the January transfer window.

Jones arrived at the Stadium of Light in the summer in a £6million move from Southampton.

The Trinidad and Tobago star has wasted little time in making a name for himself in the top flight, netting four goals in seven league starts.

A number of clubs, including top-four outfit Liverpool, are said to be interested in the 23-year-old, but Black Cats boss Roy Keane has already warned off any interest.

"Kenwyne is a big player for us and has taken on the responsibility like a true man," said Keane.

"He's made a lot of progress in a short period of time.

"If he continues in the form he's in I would expect some calls when the transfer window opens.

"There are not that many big targetmen out there and the fact he's also quick, has a good touch and is scoring goals makes it obvious that people will identify him.

"He's quickly become a marked man but it's one thing spotting his threat - but quite another stopping him."
Jones himself insists he is not thinking about anything other than Sunderland.

"The attention doesn't bother me," said Jones.

"As fast as you get such attention, you can lose it again so I'm taking no notice.

"I'm just concentrating on trying to become a better footballer. No matter what you do, there's no point if you don't aspire to be better at it. I'm 23, I hope I will still get better and better."

goal.com

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keane: Jones Will Not Be Sold
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 06:22:16 AM »
Jones to bring buyers like moths to Stadium of Light

Setanta Sports 1, 8.0

Monday November 05 2007

ROY KEANE has admitted that he is facing a fight to keep Kenwyne Jones at the Stadium of Light. The Trinidad & Tobago striker has been the unqualified success of Sunderland's return to the Premier League, scoring four goals in his seven appearances, including one in each of the past three matches.

"I think Kenwyne will become a marked man -- from his opponents and from managers who are looking for a big target man," Keane said of his stg£6m (€8.65m) acquisition from Southampton. "If he continues in the form he's in, I would expect some calls.

"That shows the progress he has made. There are not many big target men out there. That he is quick and has a good touch makes it obvious people will identify him."

Jones will travel to this evening's fixture away to Manchester City full of confidence, although life at Sunderland has not been completely straightforward. "It's quite hard," he said. "It's a bit different. Hopefully, in time I will settle pretty well.

"Everything's new. It's colder than anywhere I've been. It's a bit slow. Is that bad? It depends on the person. Sometimes you might need a little more excitement than others. It's totally different to life in the Caribbean."

So, too, is Manchester, where Keane must decide how best to compensate for the suspensions of Greg Halford and Paul McShane, who have both played at right back this season.

The talk over the weekend was of a three-horse race for the title, but City have the opportunity to leapfrog Chelsea and reclaim third place, two points behind Arsenal and United, by beating Keane's team.

A 6-0 defeat by Chelsea in their previous league outing came as a shock to the system for Sven-Goran Eriksson and his players, but, after seeing his team bounce back against Bolton Wanderers in the Carling Cup last Wednesday, the City manager has no concerns about a hangover.

"I am not worried about the mental shape," Eriksson said. "No one expected that result at Chelsea and that is why I played most of the same team against Bolton. That game was a good test and so I don't think we should have any problems mentally against Sunderland. We may have some problems in the game, but not mentally."

Eriksson singled out Jones as a threat to City and, with Micah Richards injured, it will be a test for the home defence. Eriksson's biggest decision is in goal, where Andreas Isaksson hopes to keep Joe Hart out after returning to the team last Wednesday.

- Live, Setanta Sports 1, 8.0

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 08:34:50 AM »

LOOK MEH PORES RAISING!!!!!!!!!!!! AND MY NOSE HIGH IN THE AIR. KEEP MAKING US PROUD KENWYNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 08:34:59 AM »
GGOOOOOOO KEEENWYNE BUSS CITY NET THIS AFTERNOON

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 08:57:15 AM »
Pamo son doing great ! seems like scoring goals runs in de family..uncle philbert was not too bad himself. Similar to Stern ..I dont know how many know his uncle billy " Bound to score  " Burns . in minor league he was untouchable ! ..and he was pint sized to boot !
good to see this young man has a good head on his shoulders ..I like his comments so far .... and he is showing that he can score at any level having done so on loan to the minor leagues in previous years...and to think he was signed as a defender !
reminds me of anthony Rougier who played defense for T&T and foward in scotland... maybe our local coaches are too quick to brand players ....big ..play defense ..you know how you can be put in defence because you have some size ...seems the demand for the power foward will change that ...in international football at least.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 09:04:34 AM »
GGOOOOOOO KEEENWYNE BUSS CITY NET THIS AFTERNOON

what time does the game start???

never mind i see de game thread ;D

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 12:58:57 PM »
hattrick for KJ today...and im serious
Hart for president

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 04:44:05 PM »
Wid due respect Mr Keane, we love and appreciate what you have done for our local bois, but Supa eh buying into dat line (Jones will not be sold). Dat is ah no brainier line tuh figure out, firstly yuh have tuh address de matter like dat, cuz for de time being, it is ah closed door business decision and most importantly it is tactics used to make de interested parties pump up their price like up tuh 13,14,15 mil  ;). Although without ah doubt, deep in meh heart ah know yuh want KJ tuh stay at Sunderland, but football is also ah business, so doh tell meh all yuh cah find ah hole fuh 12,13,14,15 mil, after spending 6 mil fuh KJ, yeah right. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 10:11:08 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 05:27:50 PM »
Wid due respect Mr Keane, we love and appreciate what you have done for our local bois, but Supa eh buying ointo dat line (Jones will not be sold). Dat is ah no brainier line tuh figure out, firstly yuh have tuh address de matter like dat, cuz for de time being, it is ah closed door business decision and most importantly it is tactics used to make de interested parties pump up their price like up tuh 13,14,15 mil  ;). Although without ah doubt, deep in meh heart ah know yuh want KJ tuh stay at Sunderland, but football is also ah business, so doh tell meh all yuh cah find ah hole fuh 12,13,14,15 mil, after spending 6 mil fuh KJ, yeah right. HIGHLY BLESSED.

I believe Keane in this case. Sunderland had a hard time finding a striker and they will have an even harder time getting a replacement. As yuh say Football is a business.

Sunderland is not hard up for cash and staying in the premiership is worth about 30-40 Million a year for a team like Sunderland.

Taking a 10 million dollar profit not helping yuh if yuh losing out on 40 million when yuh get relegated. Especially when you could sign him to a new deal and get even more money in the future.

Add the fact that they will lose fan confidence and upset what is a team that is coming together and that sale doesn't make sense. Only thing that could make it worth their while is if Kenwyne himself gets unsettled and starts to agitate and I don't see that happening because he now reach.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 10:29:39 PM »
Wid due respect Mr Keane, we love and appreciate what you have done for our local bois, but Supa eh buying into dat line (Jones will not be sold). Dat is ah no brainier line tuh figure out, firstly yuh have tuh address de matter like dat, cuz for de time being, it is ah closed door business decision and most importantly it is tactics used to make de interested parties pump up their price like up tuh 13,14,15 mil  ;). Although without ah doubt, deep in meh heart ah know yuh want KJ tuh stay at Sunderland, but football is also ah business, so doh tell meh all yuh cah find ah hole fuh 12,13,14,15 mil, after spending 6 mil fuh KJ, yeah right. HIGHLY BLESSED.

I believe Keane in this case. Sunderland had a hard time finding a striker and they will have an even harder time getting a replacement. As yuh say Football is a business.

Sunderland is not hard up for cash and staying in the premiership is worth about 30-40 Million a year for a team like Sunderland.

Taking a 10 million dollar profit not helping yuh if yuh losing out on 40 million when yuh get relegated. Especially when you could sign him to a new deal and get even more money in the future.

Add the fact that they will lose fan confidence and upset what is a team that is coming together and that sale doesn't make sense. Only thing that could make it worth their while is if Kenwyne himself gets unsettled and starts to agitate and I don't see that happening because he now reach.

:applause: Nice post JDB, ah have ah valid point in meh post, but yuh break it down nicely dey sah. So guess what, ah give yuh win, cuz ah think wid yuh numbers (30-40 mil) and de other reasons yuh gave, ah must say yuh convinced meh, dat Sunderland will not even answer de phone, when it ring from Man U, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Inter and Ac Milan.  ;D . Seriously doh, yuh know Supa by now, ah does big up who need tuh get big up and small down who need tuh get small down. Ah must admit, dat is ah big post and also a detailed one, it is not dat easy tuh convince Supa, but u just did. Well let us all have a blessed Christmas and new year, and just wait and see how things go for our boi in January  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 02:55:59 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 03:07:31 AM »

It is rumoured the Rafa Benitez ready to pay out 12ml pounds for Jones and offer them Crouch as part of the bargain.

Keane already say he looking for 3 to 4 new players in January, that kinda money and Crouch could seal the deal.

What is the point in keeping Jones if the team performaces remain the same and relegation look likes a reality ? When you could use the money and possibly beef up the side some more so that at least you try something to avert relegation.
As far as the money for staying up is concerned yeh that's correct but the FA also provides the teams going down with an parachute payment of about 20mil.

So it is from what point of view you look at it really and the chances Keane have to take.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 06:00:42 AM »

It is rumoured the Rafa Benitez ready to pay out 12ml pounds for Jones and offer them Crouch as part of the bargain.

Keane already say he looking for 3 to 4 new players in January, that kinda money and Crouch could seal the deal.

What is the point in keeping Jones if the team performaces remain the same and relegation look likes a reality ? When you could use the money and possibly beef up the side some more so that at least you try something to avert relegation.
As far as the money for staying up is concerned yeh that's correct but the FA also provides the teams going down with an parachute payment of about 20mil.

So it is from what point of view you look at it really and the chances Keane have to take.

Interesting piece ah info de Fishs. Ah think JDB, you and myself all have some valid points on this thread. However, we will all have to wait and see how Keane and de rest of his management staff deal wid KJ. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 07:33:18 AM »
Who say Crouch want to go dey?
If Liverpool doh want Crouch he will have better options than Sunderland.

TrinInfinite

Liverpool Joins the Hunt for Jones!
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 09:12:15 AM »
Liverpool wants Jones

LONDON—English giants Liverpool are poised to make a £12 million swoop for Sunderland’s in-form T&T striker Kenwyne Jones, during the January transfer window.

Media reports here have said that Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has already asked his opposite number Roy Keane about the 22-year-old who has already scored four times in his limited appearances for the northeast England club.

In August, Sunderland signed Jones from Southampton for £6 million, in a swap for fellow Trinidadian team-mate Stern John.

Reports indicate that if the deal goes through, England striker Peter Crouch’s days at Liverpool could be over as he is currently out-of-favour with Benitez.

It will also be one of the most lucrative deals for a Caribbean player following Dwight Yorke’s £12.6 million move from Aston Villa to Manchester United in August 1998.

While not confirming Liverpool’s interest, Keane said he would not be surprised if offers were made for Jones.

“Kenwyne is a big player for us and has taken on the responsibility like a true man,” said Keane.

“If he continues in the form he’s in I would expect some calls when the transfer window opens.” (CMC)

©2005-2006 Trinidad Publishing Company Limited

Designed by: Randall Rajkumar-Maharaj · Updated daily by: Sheahan Farrell

God is de BOSS....... 

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 11:53:57 AM »
Nice Post JDB..
I also do not believe he will be sold. Also Although Crouch might be considered a goal scorer, will he be able to score with the players of a so-called lower caliber around him..

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 07:40:53 PM »
once d price right he gone  ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>