April 27, 2024, 03:37:47 AM

Author Topic: stuttering stanley (jack) win yes  (Read 9025 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: stuttering stanley (jack) win yes
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2007, 11:17:51 AM »
I would not be surprised if he resign his seat.  Remember, what Jack wanted was to be Prime Minister.  If he can't control things he is involved in he is not going to play.  He will find some rule, law,  excuse why he can't stay in FIFA and be a rep in the house. In our form of government he represents the seat but does have any thing to do in the seat.  His prmary responsibility is to show up for meetings of parliament.
:violin:

Well according to mr. warner.....he never wanted to be prime minister...he doesn't even want to be the opposition leader. He will be content with taking a back seat in parliament....where he will receive his requested monthly salary of 1 dollar...the joy of serving his country is enough.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007, 11:20:53 AM »
Guys we have to be open minded,the things people saying is just the same things being repeated all the time when something comes up about Jack,what we have to understand is these are things everybody knows about the guy lets try and look at some of te things we don't hear and know about him.

My point is there must be things he is doing or saying well regardless to how long he takes to say it,don't matter what he does or people say about him he comes out on top,if he knew there would be conflicts with his political career and FIFA i don't think he would go there,the man does check all his options before he does things and what's good he has big time support,we all know in life every thing you do/say will not work and so does Jack,we may never get another person to hold the position he holds in FIFA,all i'm saying is enjoy it while he lasts.

Our house is in total disarray and you want people to about the good things he says or does????? What good things???? why don't you come up with a few things??? Anything good that he says obviously benefits one person....himself and not Trinidad and Tobago football. The man is a national embarrassment.

I agree with what you are saying but my question is why does a man like that have so much control,hold so many important positions,people still voteing for him not only home but the world/region,why why why.He is a national embarassment well simple lets get rid of him,we had elections you know they vote for him,he win.
         When i say enjoy it while he last what i mean is,we are not going to have any one in the position he holds in FIFA that can really seek or look after our interest,we are having it better than a lot of countries,i talk this way because i know what we used to go through when there was no one to help us,things are a 100% better than in my time.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 11:33:29 AM »
But Coop's are we better off with him being hiigh up in FIFA? All I'm looking at is the baseline....and asking myself one question. Is the standard of football in TnT at an acceptable level? The one common demoninator for the last 30 years has been Jack....from that year before 90 to now.....we've seen improvements in fields but what about the quality of play?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »

Nah man, Jack does pull strings for we in CONCACAF, no doubt about that.  How yuh think we qualify for the WC.  We was in the easiest group to get to the Hex, yuh think that happen just so?

Sooo...ppl in trinidad is devalue the qualification run too? i thought that was just other jealous countries. So he pull strings for Panama too? That is why they make it to the hex? All the string he pull and we barely get past St. Kitts and St. Vincent....steups.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2007, 11:51:08 AM »
But Coop's are we better off with him being hiigh up in FIFA? All I'm looking at is the baseline....and asking myself one question. Is the standard of football in TnT at an acceptable level? The one common demoninator for the last 30 years has been Jack....from that year before 90 to now.....we've seen improvements in fields but what about the quality of play?
       Again i agree with you,there are areas we have done well but don't matter what we do well and the standard of our Football don't improve everything else will look like failures.We have to face reality there are pros and cons to him being high in FIFA that definitely benefits T&T,we now have a Pro League,at present it's the most players we have on contracts overseas,we host every FIFA course (coaching/Referee),we host almost every caribbean tournament including a Youth WC,we qualified two teams for WC finals,we have five huge stadiums etc etc as a matter of fact T&T is the Capital of Football in the caribbean,a mean we could/can do better but have to be proud of the little progress we have made.  
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 12:40:11 PM by Coop's »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2007, 12:30:44 PM »
Jack know dat UNC eh giving he no PM is d SW money dey want not Jack.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2007, 01:49:28 PM »
yuh know what was real surprising for me...

in all the political ray ray and mudslinging, i eh hear one person point to the whole world cup fiasco with jack, the issue with soca warriors bonuses, and all the set of corruption and allegations that you think wouldve been some nice ammunition to leggo on a platform..

it might be just me eh, but i thought they woulda real waste down he character with all of that but i eh hear much of it..

wonder why that was?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2007, 02:02:17 PM »
what sort of renumeration would a TnT MP get?

Not too long ago it was over $8K ... but there are associated monies as well.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2007, 02:14:55 PM »
the seat that jack contested is his hometown so him winning that seat is not a suprise

Not true.   Jack lives in Arouca, voted in Five Rivers and contested the Chaguanas West seat. He contested a UNC safe seat.

Blessings

That's the bottom line. It didn't matter who went up for that seat. Same with Ramesh and Panday's daughter; they all 'contested' UNC safe seats.

But it's not just confined to the UNC, it's the PNM as well. Diego Martin Central (Ken Valley's previous seat) was vacant for a while until they put up Dr. Amery Browne at the last minute, but it didn't matter who they put up, PNM would have won that seat.

Constituents don't vote individual or platform, they vote party.

I think we should at least be happy he's not part of the cabinet.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 02:16:29 PM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2007, 03:15:31 PM »
So Coops as much as I am the eternal optimist...when it comes to Jack and what he has done  I see the glass as being half-empty whilst you see it as half-full. I still say some of the changes that he brought had to be done since he couldn't be a sitting FIFA vp and have substandard facilities. I also seeing as he creating those facilities to further line his pockets....with the corollary effect of benefiting the game.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2007, 04:47:44 PM »
yuh know what was real surprising for me...
in all the political ray ray and mudslinging, i eh hear one person point to the whole world cup fiasco with jack, the issue with soca warriors bonuses, and all the set of corruption and allegations that you think wouldve been some nice ammunition to leggo on a platform..
it might be just me eh, but i thought they woulda real waste down he character with all of that but i eh hear much of it..
wonder why that was?
maybe the other parties can seperate these matters from the Politics at hand?

what sort of renumeration would a TnT MP get?
Not too long ago it was over $8K ... but there are associated monies as well.
Thanks

So Coops as much as I am the eternal optimist...when it comes to Jack and what he has done  I see the glass as being half-empty whilst you see it as half-full. I still say some of the changes that he brought had to be done since he couldn't be a sitting FIFA vp and have substandard facilities. I also seeing as he creating those facilities to further line his pockets....with the corollary effect of benefiting the game.
sounds about right to me ;)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 04:53:38 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2007, 05:28:12 PM »
      I don't think Jack created any thing,it's the position he holds that creating everything,before he was there we had nothing.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2007, 07:32:39 PM »
      I don't think Jack created any thing,it's the position he holds that creating everything,before he was there we had nothing.
So yuh sayin de glass halfl-empty too ?????

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2007, 07:45:10 PM »
from what I understand even before Jackula took over, the players were not treated with respect and dignity. Please correct me if I am wrong.
They were given less than equal accommodation and treatment as the officials of the TTFA, the precursor to the TTFF, were given.
I have always found that TnT players have been treated with contempt, and by that I mean that they were bullied into accepting things when representing TnT.
I believe it has never been an adult to adult relationship.
Again I say please correct me if I am wrong.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 07:54:10 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2007, 10:43:59 AM »
from what I understand even before Jackula took over, the players were not treated with respect and dignity. Please correct me if I am wrong.
They were given less than equal accommodation and treatment as the officials of the TTFA, the precursor to the TTFF, were given.
I have always found that TnT players have been treated with contempt, and by that I mean that they were bullied into accepting things when representing TnT.
       Your understanding of this is correct,if you knew of a guy called Eric James he was the one that controled T&T Football before JW you would understand what Footballers have been going through from long time,players today have it better than we did,we survived because all that mattered to us was that we wanted to play,the motto in those days was "shut up and play". 

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2007, 10:53:24 AM »
       Your understanding of this is correct,if you knew of a guy called Eric James he was the one that controled T&T Football before JW you would understand what Footballers have been going through from long time,players today have it better than we did,we survived because all that mattered to us was that we wanted to play,the motto in those days was "shut up and play". 
so what I am hoping for is that ANY player in TnT could be treated with dignity, fairness and as an adult.
Obviously there is alot of money to be made from Football, just look at the life style that Jackula enjoys, so treating everyone fairly is not out of the question.
There is NO EXCUSE to treat players the way they have been trteated.
he never deals with any player "above board" and with Transparency....
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 11:06:27 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2007, 11:19:56 AM »
Coops, Warner simply picked up where James left off from the knowledge that I have of this period.

You really think the Duvaliers coulda run Haiti the way they did if they was around now? Aristide come and try a smartman thing and then he get sweep away. Same way, Panday is not Bhadase Maharaj even if they resemble on a lot of points, and Manning is not Eric Williams even if he want to be.

You can't compare the situation back in the 60s-70s and now and assume that if the players have it better is simply because Warner there - people move in their time, and  the authoritarian manner in which James used to conduct affairs is just not compatible with this epoch. To be that macchiavellian in this day and age you have to be able to soften the blow with a smile, or in Jack case, a stutter.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>