April 27, 2024, 02:58:29 PM

Author Topic: Jaggernath gets WI call and Tadpole Looks to Impress Dyson!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 960 times)

TrinInfinite

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

A real happy to hear this news, jaggy get selected, I have no doubt he will impress and Taddy back from injury, so u know he will mash up in the first class matches for regionals, he hungry and ready to take 50 wickets again..

Jaggernath gets WI call

T&T’s off-Spinner Amit Jaggernath has been called by the West Indies selectors to attend a pre-tour camp in Barbados from November 12-24.

The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has arranged the camp before the Windies team flies out to Zimbabwe and South Africa for the year-end tours.

Jaggernath, who plays with Clico Preysal has been knocking on the doors of regional selection for quite a while and under new coach Australian john Dyson, he has now been given a chance to make the team for the twin tour of the African continent.

Jaggernath was T&T’s best bowler in the Carib Beer Regional series in 2006 and 2007.

Prior to the elevation, he had represented the West Indies B team at the Regional Championships before becoming a fixture on the T&T team.

©2005-2006 Trinidad Publishing Company Limited
Designed by: Randall Rajkumar-Maharaj · Updated daily by: Sheahan Farrell

‘Tadpole’ looks to impress Dyson

BY VINODE MAMCHAN

WEST INDIES and T&T spinner Dave “Tadpole” Mohammed is fit again and ready to resume his international cricket career.

Mohammed, speaking to G-Sport yesterday, said: “I miss cricket badly and I am very happy that I am back. I am ready for cricket and ready to go out there and give off my best for my country and the West Indies again.”

Mohammed sustained a shoulder injury at the beginning of trial matches in Trinidad in August and has been sidelined ever since.

However, after lengthy therapy with physiotherapist Lisa Niles and gym work with trainer Gerald Garcia, Mohammed says he is ready to deliver those deadly deliveries again.

“I wanted to play in the semifinals and finals of the KFC Cup but the management warned that I may risk the injury. I think that I might have made a difference to the result. However, I must congratulate my teammates on the T&T team for a good performance and we will be coming out strong next year to take the title away from the Jamaicans.”

Looking at the future, the left arm unorthodox spinner said: “I am really looking forward to getting back into West Indies colours. We have a new coach in charge of the team and now I am looking to impress him with good performances in the Carib Beer series and the Stanford 20/20.”

Manager of the T&T team, Omar Khan, said yesterday Mohammed was a potent force on any cricket team and welcomed him back into the fray.

©2005-2006 Trinidad Publishing Company Limited

Designed by: Randall Rajkumar-Maharaj · Updated daily by: Sheahan Farrell

God is de BOSS....

Offline shotters365

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jaggernath gets WI call and Tadpole Looks to Impress Dyson!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 09:11:06 AM »
Big up to all the trini players
I for one real happy :beermug:

Any one knows when the carib beer series starting ?????.............. :chilling:

1]; } ?>