April 27, 2024, 05:34:46 PM

Author Topic: Edwards: Bring on Newcastle.  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Edwards: Bring on Newcastle.
« on: November 07, 2007, 06:43:48 PM »
Carlos Edwards: Bring on Newcastle United.
By: Graeme Anderson (Sunderland Echo).
[/size]

Carlos Edwards says he is ready to play in Saturday's Wear-Tyne derby – if he gets the nod from boss Roy Keane. Sunderland's Trinidad and Tobago international winger successfully came through an hour of reserve-team football last night.
And after spending the last week in full training, he reckons he could be back and involved for Sunderland's first team as soon as Saturday.
The former Luton flier, out since mid-August with a troublesome hamstring problem, said: "It was great to get an hour's competitive football under my belt. It felt really good, like I'd never been out.
"I've had no reaction to the injury and hopefully that's the way it will be from now until the end of the season.
"Now I just can't wait to get involved in the first team again.
"I don't know if the Newcastle game will be seen as coming too soon for me.
"But I'm up for selection as far as I'm concerned and it's up to the manager whether or not he wants to include me in the squad.
"If I am selected, I feel I am capable of doing a job and I will go out there and give it 100 per cent of effort.
"I think there's no doubt that I do need two or three games before I'm fully match-fit again.
"But I do feel I could contribute this weekend if needed and it is a game I would love to be involved in.
"If not, then I will just accept that decision and wait for the chance to be involved in the fixture second time around."
As well as setting up a goal last night, Edwards also scored the opener in the 8-0 thrashing of Wearside League Wolviston – a game which also featured the return of Andy Cole, the veteran striker also getting on the scoresheet and getting an hour under his belt with no ill-effects.
Edwards felt the run-out was just what he needed at this stage of his comeback.
He said: "I enjoyed the game.
"No disrespect to Wolviston, I thought it might have been a more intense game and that would have given the injury more of a test.
"But I've had no bad reaction from the game and I don't expect any either.
"I have trained far longer in traning sessions than I played last night – and rather than do me any harm, I think the game will have done me the world of good.
"Fair do's to the physios, they have played their part in getting me right and here I am back in full training and ready to play.
"It was intensive treatment, trying to get me back to the player I was and they have done a good job getting me playing again the way I am now.
"I've missed my football – it seems like I've been out forever. You always want to play football, but injuries do happen and it was just sad that it happened to me so early in the season.
"I'm just hoping that I can get back in the team, stay injury-free and help the team kick-start our season a little."
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards: Bring on Newcastle.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »
Anybody have any update on Dwight's injury.  Ah want to know if he saying bring on Newcastle too.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 07:47:07 PM »
Beat them stripes off New Castle
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 08:42:51 PM »
A nasty derby that is.  No prisoners will be taken.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 10:25:15 PM »
A nasty derby that is.  No prisoners will be taken.

And i not sure that a man coming off a long term injury need to get involve in that kind of wildness
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 11:17:36 PM »

CARLOS YOU IS AN AMBASSADOR MAN!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THE WAY THE MAN TALK YOU COULD TELL HE LOVES HIS FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF MY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! JAH CONTINUE SHOWERING YOUR BLESSINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 12:12:21 AM »
dont worry man, i know u will do a great job

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 09:20:43 AM »
I can't wait

KENWYNE, ANDY COLE, CARLOS, AND IF HE FIT DWIGHT IN THE MIDDLE

LOCK AND LOAD!!!!!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 10:01:29 AM »
Ah lil 20 minutes in Sunderland's toughest fixture for the year might be just enough for carlos

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>