March 28, 2024, 03:53:21 AM

Author Topic: Service is Everything - Serious Question on Stern!!!  (Read 3933 times)

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Service is Everything - Serious Question on Stern!!!
« on: August 22, 2005, 11:44:22 AM »
With the possible inclusion of Carlos Edwards and Latas in a starting eleven, does Stern fit in???

Without a creative midifeld, we need the speed and strength of players like Jones, Sealy and Glen to create something on the field up front.  If we are able to provide the forwards with much better service, where the forward does not have to create his own chances, would a goal poacher like Stern have a place??

I like the youths and dem, but experience could make the difference.  Stern cannot create his own chances and needs quality service without question, but is he so badly out of form?  The matches I have seen and they total 4.5 games (including 1.5 Gold Cup Games), the service to the forwards was lacking from the midfield.  This statement also applies to Yorke, since he has not scored in the six WCQ games.  Biggest problem with Stern is the lack of fight and movement.

I don't have an answer and will go with who is in form (de youths) but Stern based on past performance is still a viable option.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 11:56:01 AM by Tallman »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: Service is Everything - Serious Question on Stern!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 11:48:21 AM »
i ent care what people say..but de man should get the first 45 minutes of the game..he is a ball to feet or to head kinda player...he not really built to chase down balls anymore...Start Jones next to him and we always will have Seally and Glen to come on later...Latapy going to make a real big difference when it comes to creating chances or setting the pace of play.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 11:52:47 AM »
Stern gone tru.

Alyuh talking about service, the setta freindly against Bermuda and all the other games in GOld cup when stern get not only service he get SITTER to score and throw away.

Stern gone tru. Park he tail on the bench and give Sealy and Kenwyne the chance.

Against Alianza Lime.Yorke and Kenwyne were the perfect strike force combo.

Now with Latapy there we will get the tru balls that a fast speedy fwd can run onto....aka sealy or kenwyne.

TRrap and screen doe wuk.

Also Edwards is not any big crosser of the ball and he does not put in too many that are useful or accurate. Edwards does run and take on men reach the penalty area and lay off or reach corner flag and usually lays back the ball. We have no left wing to put in any cross either.

So Service is not a cross ball for Stern to head or get he body to.

Also all we doing right now by picking Stern is charity sweat. The other fwds are capable and more importantly IN FORM. Look sealy score a double again this weekend.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 11:53:29 AM »
Without a creative midifeld, we need the speed and strength of players like Jones, Sealy and Glen to create something on the field up front.  If we are able to provide the forwards with much better service, where the forward does not have to create his own chances, would a goal poacher like Stern have a place??

We need speed and strength regardless. De fact dat dem men could create chances adds another dimension to our attack. If all we relying on is somebody tuh feed Stern, we go buss. Yuh eh see how easy de US and dem use tuh mark Latas and Yorke out de game.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 11:54:15 AM »
i ent care what people say..but de man should get the first 45 minutes of the game..he is a ball to feet or to head kinda player...he not really built to chase down balls anymore...Start Jones next to him and we always will have Seally and Glen to come on later...Latapy going to make a real big difference when it comes to creating chances or setting the pace of play.

well the return of Latas pushes Dwight back to striker and I really don't think that Dwight can be partnered with Stern up front even if is Zidane and Becks providing the service.  I think Dwight and Jones is a good combo to start up front with Stern off the bench.
Latas probably can't last a full 90 so Yorke can drop back to mid and bring on Stern in the last 15 mins when the game slows down.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 12:06:38 PM »
thats so true Arrow.
yuh have to pcik the right combination of players to get results against certain formations.
Look at England..they'll never play to their true potential if Erikson continue playing both Gerrard and Lampard in the middle.
Somebody have to be sacrificed for the good of the team.
I was hoping Stern woulda been the No.1 man but for the good of the team i will have to put Yorke over him.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 12:51:54 PM »
Latas probably can't last a full 90 so Yorke can drop back to mid and bring on Stern in the last 15 mins when the game slows down.

I agree 100%.  Whenever or if Latas fades, put Yorke in the mid and bring on the other young gun up front.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 07:26:42 PM »
I REALLY DOUBT THAT LATAS LASTING PAST 60 MINS OFF FOOTBALL IF GUATEMALA AINT TREAT HIM LIKE LIMA TREAT NAKID AND RUFF HIM UP

STERN FOR LATAS IN THE 60TH

DROP YORKE IN THE MIDDLE AND GIVE STERN 10-15 MINS WITH JONES

THEN ITS A TOSS UP BETWEEN GLENN OR SEALY OFF THE BENCH

WE REALLY NEEDED STERN BEFORE BUT I THINK THAT OFF THE BENCH HE IS A MAN WILL HAV SUMTIN TO PROVE

EXPERIENCE IS THE KEY AND SO FAR HE D ONLY STRIKER THAT SCORE FOR WE IN THE HEX

IF HE START AND HE DO SHIT I THINK ITS HOPELESS FOR HIM TO PLAY A STRTIN ROLE AGAINST COSTA RICA

ITR REALLY IS UP TO STERN AND WAT HE DOES IN TRAINING AND ON THE FEILD

now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 12:28:09 PM »
Stern needs to Get a lil rest from the T&T team.. he can park his but on pine at his HOUSE.. I feel sorry for the man. but he not making any sense at this juncture!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 12:45:50 PM »
I REALLY DOUBT THAT LATAS LASTING PAST 60 MINS OFF FOOTBALL IF GUATEMALA AINT TREAT HIM LIKE LIMA TREAT NAKID AND RUFF HIM UP

STERN FOR LATAS IN THE 60TH

DROP YORKE IN THE MIDDLE AND GIVE STERN 10-15 MINS WITH JONES

THEN ITS A TOSS UP BETWEEN GLENN OR SEALY OFF THE BENCH

WE REALLY NEEDED STERN BEFORE BUT I THINK THAT OFF THE BENCH HE IS A MAN WILL HAV SUMTIN TO PROVE

EXPERIENCE IS THE KEY AND SO FAR HE D ONLY STRIKER THAT SCORE FOR WE IN THE HEX

IF HE START AND HE DO SHIT I THINK ITS HOPELESS FOR HIM TO PLAY A STRTIN ROLE AGAINST COSTA RICA

ITR REALLY IS UP TO STERN AND WAT HE DOES IN TRAINING AND ON THE FEILD

Of course he's the only striker to score for we...nobody else ent get a chance to do nothin except in USA when we was down ten men.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 12:53:45 PM »
I would not say Stern gone through but maybe he needs to fill a different role. Come off the bench and make something happen in the box. This may give him his confidence back slowly.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 01:17:52 PM »
I would not say Stern gone through but maybe he needs to fill a different role. Come off the bench and make something happen in the box. This may give him his confidence back slowly.
I agree Observer, Stern's role on the team can be similar to that of Wanchope's on Costa Rica's team. Wanchope was one of their best players but now he is more effective coming off the bench. 
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2005, 01:31:05 PM »
Why do we have to work our team around the way Stern John plays ? he has been down for both club and country, he needs a reality check, because he adds nothing to the team, forget about scoring goals, his overall performance and work rate is zero.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 10:15:33 PM »
Allyuh was watching different games oui. Stern throw way at least a hattrick vs Guatemala, one excellent chance a piece vs Costa Rica and in the first U.S. game. How many of those did he create? Service is not always de problem not where Stern is concerned. He getting fed more than the rest of the strikers.

We can all argue till the cows come home dat our midfielders are not supplying enough crosses. I am disappointed in the lack of corners we taking which reflects on our inability to dominate time of possession in the attacking third of de field and put pressure on the opposing defence. However when we count chances and half chances, Stern is well ahead of the other strikers.

Perhaps Stern needs a change in role. He is not THE MAN any longer. Since they sticking wit him, ah praying Stern prove meh rong as ah biscuit.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 01:04:42 AM by Savannah boy »

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 10:26:21 PM »
one ting ah never see Stern do is run at defenders. Defenders eh fraid stern fuh that, but if he geh de ball with he back toward de goal, and yuh leh him do he magic turn, yuh dead, plain and simple, and doh leh him go  50 50 with yuh goalie...... but right now he eh have confidence.. like he fraid to turn and shoot, so, best bet, leh him rest, give de yuth dem ( Glen, sealy, Jones) and leh we see wah dey have

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005, 12:03:51 PM »
Doh let him go 50 50 with the goalie.. Dred. I am not even a goalie, I doh even play football professionally, But I, I, IIIIIIIIIIIIII, and save any powder puff shots sterny john put down..

I wish one day he makes me eat my words... I would gladly eat them back.!!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Lower St. John

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2005, 05:42:48 PM »
Ah will be the first to say, I was wrong.

Stern yuh save we.  THANKS.

Is all about the service.  And we get service in this game.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2005, 05:57:08 PM »
maybe if some else started we woulda be up earlier, or maybe Stern woulda still come off the bench and save we...buh ah doh think yuh was wrong, yuh decisions were based on performance...and from what I understand, based on the performance in the actual game he should have been subbed....In the end he did what he was supposed to do since when.....I ent fraid to say BeenE have more knowledge, faith and Balls than me

Offline Lower St. John

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2005, 07:15:53 PM »
For real, Beenie Man really know how to shake dem bones. 

Beenie Magic strong, especially now that he have a magician to help him..

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2005, 07:43:53 PM »

Is all about the service.  And we get service in this game.

Nah man he throw way at least three goals today... but he come good finally man... thank de Lord!!

The way he finish that third goal yuh could tell de confidence back....  :)

1]; } ?>