April 27, 2024, 12:35:30 PM

Author Topic: Burrell to run unopposed  (Read 3852 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Burrell to run unopposed
« on: September 10, 2007, 10:05:23 AM »
Burrell to run unopposed
Kwesi Mugisa, Staff Reporter

The Jamaica Football Federation (J.F.F.) have now confirmed the fact that former boss, Captain Horace Burrell, will run unopposed for the position of president at its November 4th voting congress in Hanover.

Recent speculation had tipped Burrell to be the sole candidate for the post, following the surprising announcement of incumbent, Crenston Boxhill, not to contest the election and the decision of the Kingston and St. Andrew Football Association (K.S.A.F.A.) to remain neutral in the affair by not submitting a candidate for that position.

Stewart Stephenson, KSAFA's president, has widely been regarded as the only other candidate suited for the job of opposing Burrell.

While the breakdown of the parish association nominations have not been released by the J.F.F., it is generally believed that Burrell was nominated by at least 11 of the 13 associations. That information was garnered by a release issued days after nominations were opened by former general secretary, Horace Reid.

Burrell who was at the head of the association when the country qualified for the 1998 World Cup Finals, lost out to Boxhill at the 2003 voting congress.

The post of first vice president will be a two-horse race between current second vice president and president of the Trelawny F.A, Linnel McLean, and president of the Manchester F.A., Dale Spencer. Bruce Gaynor of the St. James F.A. will run unopposed as the second vice president, while Raymond Anderson of the St. Mary F.A will run unopposed for the post of third vice president.

Garfield Sinclair of the St. Catherine F.A will run unopposed for the position of treasurer, while Lorraine Scringer of the Hanover FA will be the lone contestant in the race for executive officer.

Section 7 (f) of the J.F.F. By-Laws dictates that all candidates running for the above posts must be nominated by three members from three separate parish associations, 60 days before the Congress.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 10:07:26 AM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Burrell to run unopposed
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 10:08:21 AM »
When is the  TTFF elections scheduled
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 10:08:30 AM »
Dat sound like Camps.

And Ken Gordon

And Julian Hunte

And Dave Cameron

etc etc etc

Ah wonder if Jamaica go have a "Special Advisor" too?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 10:09:27 AM »

Elections? TTFF?  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 10:19:16 AM »
Elections? TTFF?  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Palos, some people real optimistic

Triniman, Jackula and his ducklings are in  for LIFE
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 10:21:55 AM »
HAWK TOO    next ole tief

RF...he is a better defender than boxhill???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 10:43:53 AM »
I think the TTFF elections is real soon.  this month or next if my memory is correct.  Tallman is the man to ask.  People need to mobilize to bring it in the papers so we could get camps out too.  People need to call in on the programs and ask men representing the various associations (who have the votes) openly -  if they like how things running in the TTFF and what they think about a change.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 11:00:37 AM »
only the executive committee in the TTFF gets to vote for who is president.
their are 12 executive members and usually Camps just runs unopposed and hence his long tennor.

I do not know what is the procedure to select the executive committee.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 11:27:28 AM »
Burrell to run unopposed

The Jamaica Football Federation (J.F.F.) have now confirmed the fact that former boss, Captain Horace Burrell, will run unopposed for the position of president at its November 4th voting congress in Hanover.

Recent speculation had tipped Burrell to be the sole candidate for the post, following the surprising announcement of incumbent, Crenston Boxhill, not to contest the election and the decision of the Kingston and St. Andrew Football Association (K.S.A.F.A.) to remain neutral in the affair by not submitting a candidate for that position.

Stewart Stephenson, KSAFA's president, has widely been regarded as the only other candidate suited for the job of opposing Burrell.

While the breakdown of the parish association nominations have not been released by the J.F.F., it is generally believed that Burrell was nominated by at least 11 of the 13 associations. That information was garnered by a release issued days after nominations were opened by former general secretary, Horace Reid.

Burrell who was at the head of the association when the country qualified for the 1998 World Cup Finals, lost out to Boxhill at the 2003 voting congress.

The post of first vice president will be a two-horse race between current second vice president and president of the Trelawny F.A, Linnel McLean, and president of the Manchester F.A., Dale Spencer. Bruce Gaynor of the St. James F.A. will run unopposed as the second vice president, while Raymond Anderson of the St. Mary F.A will run unopposed for the post of third vice president.

Garfield Sinclair of the St. Catherine F.A will run unopposed for the position of treasurer, while Lorraine Scringer of the Hanover FA will be the lone contestant in the race for executive officer.

Section 7 (f) of the J.F.F. By-Laws dictates that all candidates running for the above posts must be nominated by three members from three separate parish associations, 60 days before the Congress.

Horace Burrell will get Jamaica's football back on track. It was him who put Jamaica's football on the map, got us to qulaify for three world cup finals within the space of 4 years, and brougth in coaches from Brazil to help with the development of Jamaica's football.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 11:29:24 AM »
sounds like you all would be back on track then...good one
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 12:20:39 PM »
With Jamaica's FIFA ranking now at #93. There is no where to go but up. ;D ;D
jjbrown

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 12:26:02 PM »
Back on track in JW's good books
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 12:45:48 PM »
JW only does things for T&T and yet he still cheats. 
jjbrown

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 12:52:49 PM »

as much as I cyah stand Jackula, and I dont want to sound like Im supporting, but that aint true.

He helping anybody that will put money in his pocket, and Im sure along the way to the WC he helped out Jca.
I know for a fact that he and Burrell are good friends.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 12:53:48 PM »
only the executive committee in the TTFF gets to vote for who is president.
their are 12 executive members and usually Camps just runs unopposed and hence his long tennor.

I do not know what is the procedure to select the executive committee.

if anybody knows, how the process all works in Trini, I am very interested to find out why it seems like we are stuck with this FF until they feel to move on.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 01:26:33 PM »
Burrell to run unopposed

Horace Burrell will get Jamaica's football back on track. It was him who put Jamaica's football on the map, got us to qulaify for three world cup finals within the space of 4 years, and brougth in coaches from Brazil to help with the development of Jamaica's football.

when dat happen  ??? ???
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Burrell eyes Bora's contract
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 05:11:04 AM »
Burrell eyes Bora's contract
I am prepared to give it my best shot, says Burrell
Howard Walker, Observer writer howardh@jamaicaobserver.com
Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Captain Horace Burrell, who is set to return as president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), told the Observer yesterday that one of his first priorities is to review the contract of the Technical Director, Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic, when he takes office in November, to decide the coach's future.

Said Burrell: "Certainly, I would want to review his contract and speak with other members of the new board before a decision is taken either way," said Burrell, who is currently in Miami on business.

Serbian Milutinovic, 63, is being paid US$1 million a year until 2010, which would be over 240 million Jamaican dollars, for what is generally thought to be a limited role in Jamaica's football programme.

"I will need to first have a look at his contract in details and also meet with my colleagues before I can say a thing on the future on the new technical director," Burrell added.
Burrell, 57, who will be doing his second stint as president, was nominated unopposed after the September 5 deadline for the Voting Congress set for November 4 in Negril, Westmoreland.

"I am honoured and really humbled by the confidence shown in me by my colleagues and I am looking forward to once again serving Jamaica with pride and enthusiasm with a view to taking Jamaica's football where it belongs.

"With the team that I have, I am confident that everyone will play his part in helping Jamaica's football to once again reach the level every single Jamaican would like to see," said Burrell.

Burrell, who led Jamaica to the World Cup in France 1998, lost his presidency in a bitter battle to Crenston Boxhill in 2003 by four votes, then declared, he was betrayed by the delegates. The delegates later claimed the lack of transparency for their decisions.

Burrell who first assumed the presidency of the JFF in 1994 said that's wasn't true.

"Talk is cheap and one of the first things that I did when I took office is to put in place all the controls necessary to ensure transparency and this is why today my colleagues saw it fit to support me in my return to the post of president. I have always insisted on the highest levels of integrity in my dealing in the JFF," noted Burrell.

The Boxhill-led administration was centred around the development of youth football, but sadly enough, it will be remembered for not qualifying a team to any World Cup and the tremendous drop in the Reggae Boyz's world ranking.

When Burrell demitted office in 2003, Jamaica were ranked 46th, now four years after, he will be in charge of a team ranked 95th with a lot of work to do before World Cup qualifiers start next year for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

"Remember my predictions. When you work with people over the years you understand each other and if we are honest, we know each other's limitations. It is unfortunate, but not surprising that this has happened, but I am prepared to put all that behind us and give it once again my best shot," said Burrell.

"The membership has given me a team and I have no difficulty in working with those members who will be elected. The process is truly democratic and I propose to provide the inspiration to all those members elected," said Captain Burrell, who can't wait to get started.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 05:13:28 AM by Trini _2010 »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Burrell eyes Bora's contract
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 05:59:50 AM »
Burrell, who led Jamaica to the World Cup in France 1998, lost his presidency in a bitter battle to Crenston Boxhill in 2003 by four votes, then declared, he was betrayed by the delegates. The delegates later claimed the lack of transparency for their decisions.
what ah tell allya, see my post here
Jackula wants similar minded people in the JFF. Ole Tief does Tief together and have no transparency.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 06:02:07 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 08:58:15 AM »

as much as I cyah stand Jackula, and I dont want to sound like Im supporting, but that aint true.

He helping anybody that will put money in his pocket, and Im sure along the way to the WC he helped out Jca.
Captain Burrell might be friends, but at least Captain Burrell has sponsored the parish FAs and other leagues in Jamaica. Has Jack done this?
jjbrown

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 10:01:55 AM »
HAWK TOO    SEND MORE BRITZ  SEND MORE BRITZ
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 12:54:02 PM »
We need to start getting proactive on this site .... we could get andrew jennings or maybe shaka to bring this TTFF election issue up and GET AN elections ....
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 02:59:23 PM by Trini _2010 »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 02:54:02 PM »

Captain Burrell might be friends, but at least Captain Burrell has sponsored the parish FAs and other leagues in Jamaica. Has Jack done this?
Jack did that and more, but that still don't make him good for our football, what we want is honesty and integrity! how about that!! FYI jack brought the youth WC to trini plus a host of tourneys, he build 4 brand new stadia's on the island and one in tobago , plus a football school of exellence, does that mean he's good for our football ?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 04:28:24 PM »
Here's an interesting one from the Jamaica Observer:

Meanwhile, marketing manager of Digicel Jamaica, Wayne Miller, told the Sunday Observer his company jumped at the opportunity to sponsor the matches against El Salvador and Guatemala, having earlier signed a four-year deal with the JFF which runs from 2007-2011.

"This (four-year) contract valued at over $72 million is our largest sponsorship to date and by no means is an insignificant part of our plans and our efforts to renew Jamaica's national pride and national development and by extension, the development of the national senior team," Miller said.

Asked when was this lucrative deal signed, Miller replied: "It was actually inked under the new administration in July, but we held off announcing it."

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 09:36:12 PM »

Meanwhile, marketing manager of Digicel Jamaica, Wayne Miller, told the Sunday Observer his company jumped at the opportunity to sponsor the matches against El Salvador and Guatemala, having earlier signed a four-year deal with the JFF which runs from 2007-2011.

"This (four-year) contract valued at over $72 million is our largest sponsorship to date and by no means is an insignificant part of our plans and our efforts to renew Jamaica's national pride and national development and by extension, the development of the national senior team," Miller said.

Asked when was this lucrative deal signed, Miller replied: "It was actually inked under the new administration in July, but we held off announcing it."

Don't get carried away with that figur nah, that 72mil actually works out to about 1,000 US.   :devil: :devil:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 04:43:27 AM »

Don't get carried away with that figur nah, that 72mil actually works out to about 1,000 US.   :devil: :devil:

Actually, Its Just over US$1M. Get your figures right sir! :) Question for you though. if you take $1M Us to the bank in Italy, how much does that equate to in Italian currency? Do your homework and report back here.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 11:45:59 AM »

Actually, Its Just over US$1M. Get your figures right sir! :) Question for you though. if you take $1M Us to the bank in Italy, how much does that equate to in Italian currency? Do your homework and report back here.
Common man yuh cayre take ah joke. :devil: :devil:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2007, 12:14:14 PM »

approx 700,000 Euros (Euri)

It have no Italian currency (Lira) anymore
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>