March 28, 2024, 02:30:07 PM

Author Topic: Football Funds Probe!  (Read 4597 times)

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Football Funds Probe!
« on: November 10, 2007, 09:20:02 PM »
Source: TnT MIRROR
Dated: 11/09/07

Investigations into $30m spent on elections by UNC/A

Government, in one of its first corruption probes will order a forensic audit of the finances of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) to see whether if football funds were used to finance the  United National Congress/Alliance  (UNC/A) campaign in the general election.

UNC/A deputy political leader, Jack Warner is advisor to the TTFA and is in charge of financial affairs of the Federation.

Sources say that the Federation has about $250 million in its account from contributions made by the Government for the Soca Warriors campaign “On the Road to Germany” for the Football World Cup last year.

The private sector also pumped money to assist the Soca Warriors and Government has put money into the Federation for the development of football in the country.

Questions are being raised as to how the UNC/A was able to raise close to $30 million to finance the party’s campaign in a bid to remove the ruling People’s National Movement (PNM) from office.

Warner, who was the main financer of the UNC/A was accused by Diego Martin MP Dr. Keith Rowley of using Fifa’s money for the election, which he has denied saying that he owns 13 companies and the funds spent were from his own pocket.

The UNC/A in a bid for power spent twice the amount of the other opposition party, the Congress of the People (COP) and some are arguing that the money could have also surpassed the amount spent by the PNM.

The UNC/A spent millions on the international artistes, erecting stages at venues where they held their rallies, bringing down two civil rights activists from the United States, chartering a jet to South Africa to try and persuade freedom fighter Nelson Mandela to come to Trinidad to endorse the UNC/A in the election.

However, Warner, Panday and his wife, Oma who made the South Africa trip was unable to get Mandela to come here for the party’s rally last week.

Reports are that Warner, who for the first time was contesting a seat in an election, spent close to $3 million to win the Chaguanas West seat, where he was victorious.

Millions were also spent on entertainment for food, drinks, and transportation, jerseys for supporters at their political meetings and motorcades.

But in the end the UNC/A only managed to go back into opposition with one less seat as the party won only 15 seats with the PNM taking 26 seats in the 41-member Parliament.

Had the UNC/A won the election, there are reports that Warner was bidding to become Prime Minister.

Warner, who is chairman of the UNC/A, defeated COP candidate Manohar Ramsaran, the former Chaguanas MP. Millionaire Warner has stated that if he should win his seat, he wants a salary of one dollar a month and if he performed well that would be increased to two dollars.

He also said that he came from humble beginnings and the money, his riches, would be shared with the people and some given back to the poor communities.

Sources say that Prime Minister Patrick Manning would be focusing on corruption and intends to carry out several investigations into allegations of corruption within his Government and Opposition MP’s.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Football Funds Probe!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 09:24:57 PM »
Mark my words FIFA will step in and block this with threats.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 09:40:32 PM »
Mark my words FIFA will step in and block this with threats.

ha ha and if manning eh back down we jess get ban
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 09:59:48 PM »
somebody, somewhere, in the world has to stand up to those FIFA crooks
it would be just AMAZING if it just so happened to be the smallest country to ever qualify for the world cup to initiate the TOTAL over haul of FIFA
Manning i day wid you..........find out where we Football money going :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Victor, where is de link?.....I cyar find dis on the net ....so I suspicious ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 10:17:34 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 10:43:56 PM »
So if the gov should investagate and find that the stuttering fool took funds that was given to them from the gov and spend it on elections ,then what  would come out of that .?
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 01:09:55 AM »
So if the gov should investagate and find that the stuttering fool took funds that was given to them from the gov and spend it on elections ,then what  would come out of that .?
Well the funds in question would be the $30M earmarked for football activities, not political campaigning.  This would be a case of misapropriation of public funds and the TTFF and the individuals involved would likely be hauled before the courts. Now if they spent FIFA money, or money from private sources...then that might be unethical, but not illegal.  It wouldn't be of any concern to the PNM Gov't, and not a matter for the courts.

My only question would be...how de ass they plan on coloring de money?  It will be hard to say which pool of money was spent on what, since all the money was likely poured into the same TTFF pot, from which they then dipped.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 02:15:45 AM »
Well the funds in question would be the $30M earmarked for football activities, not political campaigning.  This would be a case of misapropriation of public funds and the TTFF and the individuals involved would likely be hauled before the courts. Now if they spent FIFA money, or money from private sources...then that might be unethical, but not illegal.  It wouldn't be of any concern to the PNM Gov't, and not a matter for the courts.
Gov't could decide to take de ban (rightly or wrongly) and drag dem in front de courts. FIFA have no right getting involved in internal country politics. They could also wage an anti-FIFA publicity campaign (avoids the ban). Mind you, though, I eh tink it have any politician home with de balls to do either.

I wonder though if there are laws at home that restrict the amount of political financing that can come from a single source. Similar to what I believe is in place in the US. Not sure about here in Canada.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 02:36:27 AM »

If FIFA have a policy of not getting involved in the politics of a country, then Jack as a senior executive of FIFA have to resign from FIFA to remain in Parlaiment if not then FIFA will have to kick him out.
But that is not the case . FIFA's policy is that the Goverment can not get involved in the running of individual associations, if they do then is ban for them as happened recently with Kenya.

For the goverment to do an audit on the TTFF they will probably have to go through the courts to do this or have enough evidence that will allow a Judge to sign a warrant to allow the police to acquire the books.

I don't think that Rowley saying he feel money from the GOTT for football was used by Jack is enough for a warrant to be issued.

Anyhow people here seem to forget that TTFF up to they neck in debt to Jack , so if the money did come from TTFF, the books will probably show that they were just paying off the debt to Jack and it really is not Jack's concern where the money come from.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 07:50:21 AM »
I should imagine that the 16 players who are awaiting the arbitration decision would be delighted to learn that TTFF has $250 million in its accounts.

However, I have a feeling that this is not the case. I imagine that the govt has estimated that this is the amount that should be there, but I expect it will be the case that TTFF is virtually broke. Otherwise, why have they not arranged friendly matches for next week? If I had been Jack Warner, I would have paid a fortune to bring Brazil or Argentina to Trini for a match. It would have been great propaganda for his election campaign.

Also, if we assume that TTFF and Mr Warner have not misappropriated funds in any way, the way that the funds are managed causes confusion and suspicion. If McBeths allegations that Mr Warner asked for funds to be paid into his personal account are true, that could of been a method to refund money that Mr Warner had paid out  to fund the match initially. Mr Warners problems may be no more than poor accounting, and the lack of an accurate audit trail could result in innocent actions being viewed as illegal misappropriation of funds.

With money, apparently, flowing through Mr Warners various companies, any inquiry could take years and cost a fortune. Maybe the govt will feel its not worth the trouble.

However, if the arbitrator for the players case decides to view TTFFs accounts, he may also deem it necessary to view the accounts of others named in the case, such as Mr Warner, Mr Camps and Mr Roden, their families and businesses. Therefore, much of the work will already be done for the govt.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 09:45:26 AM »
Anyhow people here seem to forget that TTFF up to they neck in debt to Jack , so if the money did come from TTFF, the books will probably show that they were just paying off the debt to Jack and it really is not Jack's concern where the money come from.
TTFF indebted to Jackula.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
you have GOT to be kidding the whole of TnT man......
He uses the money that is earmarked for TnT football as his private "Slush Fund"
he and his cronies have enjoyed a much higher level of comfort when travelling compared to the level that the Players have enjoyed.
He takes non players on all expences paid trips to view the games while charging the players for the accomodations during those said games.
And I would be inclined to believe that ALL monies were deposited into his private bank accounts and not into those of the TTFF.
when allya pardanas say, that "MY BIGGEST GOAL IN COACHING IS STILL TO COME",  doh get me wrong as I fully understand your reluctance to run Jackula dong eh.....It would be GREAT to have that person take over the coaching of the NT under an administration that will treat him PROPERLY and not end up BLAMING him for the short comings of their desicions....but come on man, allya really have to start thinking for allya self.
if anyone believes any thing different, well I am real sorry for their gullibility. ;)

check this quote by a wellknown footballer...
  you would understand what Footballers have been going through from long time,players today have it better than we did,we survived because all that mattered to us was that we wanted to play,the motto in those days was "shut up and play". 
well I say more and more people have to STOP thinking this way and demand an end to this type of treatment of our Football Heroes.

having said this:
Jackula will never never suffer adverse treatment by FIFA because he is Seep Bladder's daddy......simple.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 10:38:23 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 09:51:56 PM »
I see the rest of the Trini press never picked this up - so wonder if it's really happening, but the Daily Mail just did:

Warner's £3m probe

Yet another financial scandal involving FIFA vice-president Jack Warner is developing.

The new Trinidad & Tobago government has ordered a forensic audit of the country's football federation to see if any of their funds financed the remarkably lavish £3million general election campaign of the United National Congress Alliance, who were co-led by football chief Warner.

Trinidad MP Dr Keith Rowley has accused Warner, who was the main financier of the UNCA, of using FIFA money for the election. Warner says the money came out of his own pocket.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 09:57:51 PM »
eh E-Man, I think the article is ALL a big joke ;)
Victor did not give a link and I cyar find the original story on the web
I personally like dem kinda stories as anyting dealing wid Jackula does "boil my piss" as de fellas on the RTG forum does say :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 10:00:14 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 10:57:43 PM »
He uses the money that is earmarked for TnT football as his private "Slush Fund"
he and his cronies have enjoyed a much higher level of comfort when travelling compared to the level that the Players have enjoyed.
He takes non players on all expences paid trips to view the games while charging the players for the accomodations during those said games.
And I would be inclined to believe that ALL monies were deposited into his private bank accounts and not into those of the TTFF.
when allya pardanas say, that "MY BIGGEST GOAL IN COACHING IS STILL TO COME",  doh get me wrong as I fully understand your reluctance to run Jackula dong eh.....It would be GREAT to have that person take over the coaching of the NT under an administration that will treat him PROPERLY and not end up BLAMING him for the short comings of their desicions....but come on man, allya really have to start thinking for allya self.
if anyone believes any thing different, well I am real sorry for their gullibility. ;)

you would understand what Footballers have been going through from long time,players today have it better than we did,we survived because all that mattered to us was that we wanted to play,the motto in those days was "shut up and play". 
well I say more and more people have to STOP thinking this way and demand an end to this type of treatment of our Football Heroes.

having said this:
Jackula will never never suffer adverse treatment by FIFA because he is Seep Bladder's daddy......simple.

Yuh read mih wrong dey pardner.
Jack first set of big money ... leh mih be politicaly correck.
Concacaf got 30m US from SK and 20m US from Japan after they were awarded the WC. This money was for development of football in the region. Guess who administered the money ?
The center of excellence was built with that money. Guess who is the administrator / owner ?
Every time a WC bidding round comes up the less scrupulous would pay big for the Concacaf voting bloc.
Remember Jack bought the CFU TV rights for 1 dollar ?
How much you think the network that bought it paid?
So Jack has been able to accumulate an enormous amount of wealth from football and before we made it to the WC he virtually paid or bank rolled the running of TTFF.
All the friendlies, internationals, courses etc Jack would have bank rolled and the TTFF has said in the past their biggest creditor is Jack.
So when he paid for TT to qualify for the WC and he did. He paid all the players fees, coachs, transport etc it was a well thought out investment.
The money starts to roll in and roll out to repay Jack his "Loans".
Like it or not , fair or unfair this is the strangle hold Jack has over the TTFF.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 02:49:08 AM »
He takes non players on all expenses paid trips to view the games while charging the players for the accommodations during those said games.
when allya pardanas say, that "MY BIGGEST GOAL IN COACHING IS STILL TO COME",  doh get me wrong as I fully understand your reluctance to run Jackula dong eh.....It would be GREAT to have that person take over the coaching of the NT under an administration that will treat him PROPERLY and not end up BLAMING him for the short comings of their decisions....but come on man, allya really have to start thinking for allya self.

having said this:

Yuh read mih wrong dey pardner.
Jack first set of big money ... leh mih be politicaly correck.
Concacaf got 30m US from SK and 20m US from Japan after they were awarded the WC. This money was for development of football in the region. Guess who administered the money ?
The center of excellence was built with that money. Guess who is the administrator / owner ?
Every time a WC bidding round comes up the less scrupulous would pay big for the Concacaf voting bloc.
Remember Jack bought the CFU TV rights for 1 dollar ?
How much you think the network that bought it paid?
So Jack has been able to accumulate an enormous amount of wealth from football and before we made it to the WC he virtually paid or bank rolled the running of TTFF.
All the friendlies, internationals, courses etc Jack would have bank rolled and the TTFF has said in the past their biggest creditor is Jack.
So when he paid for TT to qualify for the WC and he did. He paid all the players fees, coaches, transport etc it was a well thought out investment.
The money starts to roll in and roll out to repay Jack his "Loans".
Like it or not , fair or unfair this is the strangle hold Jack has over the TTFF.
if dais de case..my apologies to you then
the man is much more corrupt than i would give him credit for.....gives my head a hard shake....it is jackula we talking about....of course he probably has done way worse deals with the devil.....
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 03:22:50 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 02:47:16 PM »
Too bad football (soccer) not big in the states, cause Hollywood coulda make a nice movie about Jack cause he more ''untouchable'' than Al Capone!

In the end he will get caught for something minor too, just to get rid of him. Some trumped up charge will be made to stick.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 03:14:48 PM »
I personally like dem kinda stories as anyting dealing wid Jackula does "boil my piss" as de fellas on the RTG forum does say :rotfl: :rotfl:

WestCoast,

I didn’t find the article online. I bought the TnT Mirror, saw the article, and decided to type every word of it in order to share the information with everyone.

Respect!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 03:46:50 PM »
u know how long i hearing that talk since last year that is TTFF money running UNC - A. jack is d funding dem

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 04:50:24 PM »
WestCoast,
I didn’t find the article online. I bought the TnT Mirror, saw the article, and decided to type every word of it in order to share the information with everyone.
Respect!
Thanks man, that was a lot of work. :applause:
It would be great if the Mirror carried their stories on their website.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 05:21:01 PM »

Thanks man, that was a lot of work. :applause:
It would be great if the Mirror carried their stories on their website.

They used to update regular up until some time in 2006. Then they eventually did an new site design but stopped updating again in September.  ???

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 06:16:04 PM »
I might be gone too long,but sonce when man does listen to anything that publish in the Mirror ???
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 09:17:32 PM »
I might be gone too long,but sonce when man does listen to anything that publish in the Mirror ???
Lol...ent!

Then again today's Express is yesterday's Mirror so ah guess is six on one hand, half-dozen on the other.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 12:02:09 PM »

allyuh men feel is the Punch or wha? Mirror was always a great newspapers...

RIP Keith Shepherd and also I think I hear Flagsman dead too... Raffique Shah was also a longtime contributor for the Mirror...

and dont talk for sports Mirror was always way ahead of them other dailies... WAY WAY ahead..
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>