April 25, 2024, 10:44:54 AM

Author Topic: Night football in Gasparillo  (Read 2737 times)

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Night football in Gasparillo
« on: November 13, 2007, 06:42:24 AM »
Anyone used to sweat in this league back in the day..?? It was run by a Rasta named Iroy and attracted some of the big teams back in the day....One team ruled the roost there tho despite all the glamour teams that participated ...anyone remember there name??

Guys like Faustin, Leo, Morris, Yellow Man, Fleary, etc etc used to be in that sweat... It's a pity after a certain generation pass through is like all the youth and them just disappear. ;D

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Night football in Gasparillo
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 01:18:46 PM »
Anyone used to sweat in this league back in the day..?? It was run by a Rasta named Iroy and attracted some of the big teams back in the day....One team ruled the roost there tho despite all the glamour teams that participated ...anyone remember there name??

Guys like Faustin, Leo, Morris, Yellow Man, Fleary, etc etc used to be in that sweat... It's a pity after a certain generation pass through is like all the youth and them just disappear. ;D
I used to play in the night football.

My team was Peacemakers.

Great times. Big teams with big players used to be there.
TnT Patriot

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 04:13:12 PM »
maybe this is what the gov't need to do...to bring back the night sports.   how?  I not sure but it seem like they could accept the cost for runnin the lights, fund prizes for small goal tournaments etc. - crime fighting?

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 06:58:46 AM »

I used to play in the night football.

My team was Peacemakers.

Great times. Big teams with big players used to be there.

Yea man I remember the Peacemakers... but do you remember Plaisance Park Rebels?
The Army had a team there...Sando Tech came with a team as well, Latas, Leo, Faustin etc etc... Petrotrin, Stallions, boy just to name ah few but at the end of the day the "Rebels" controlled things.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 07:51:48 AM »
Some of the best ball in the area was the rillo night league. I recall all them names you mentioned being there and many lesser names who used to manners all dem fellas. Do you remember pipehead?

That place ha some of the best boil corn oui!

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 08:25:36 AM »
Some of the best ball in the area was the rillo night league. I recall all them names you mentioned being there and many lesser names who used to manners all dem fellas. Do you remember pipehead?

Jumbie,

You call real name dey oui...and that boil corn boyyyyyy make meh mouth water just thinking bout it.. Yea and don't forget another local boy "horseman".....those were the days yes..

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 07:04:19 AM »
Hey what about them Ramologan boys from "Rillo"? ? Whatever happen to them...I think the youngest one was called Dinky..?? Any of you guys know what I am talking about.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 10:59:10 AM »
i used to live in rillo for a bit.

i remember a team name All Stars.

where de night league used to play?

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 11:11:07 AM »

Jumbie,

You call real name dey oui...and that boil corn boyyyyyy make meh mouth water just thinking bout it.. Yea and don't forget another local boy "horseman".....those were the days yes..
Peacemakers was a team of youths but we used to share nuff licks.

Horsey was a fella named Steve Pompey. Fast, strong and with a real bullet. I thinke he rep TnT a couple times.

Dinkey was a red dougla again from the Rillo. His father was Mannie Ramjohn, a big long distance runner from the past and who the Stadium named for.

Some of us from Peacemakers used to play for All Stars in South League football. The older heads used to fight down the youths which is why we formed Peacemakers. After we started playing college ball many of us started playing for Sando Giants. Doc Henderson had the hookup with scholarships.

Football was at great in those times.
TnT Patriot

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 11:18:47 AM »

Dinkey was a red dougla again from the Rillo. His father was Mannie Ramjohn, a big long distance runner from the past and who the Stadium named for.

ah always wonder who manny ramjohn was/is.

1]; } ?>