April 24, 2024, 07:12:39 PM

Author Topic: Jack Fires his COP employees  (Read 3623 times)

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack Fires his COP employees
« on: November 14, 2007, 06:41:00 AM »

WHY I FIRED ROY
He was abusive to me, he cuss me and tell me that he doesn't have to account to me
Anna Ramdass aramdass@trinidadexpress.com

Friday, November 16th 2007

ELECTION QUARREL: UNC-A co-leader Jack Warner tells why he kicked out COP chairman Roy Augustus. PHOTO: MICHEAL BRUCE

UNC Alliance co-leader Jack Warner has broken his silence over the firing of his longtime friend and political rival Roy Augustus from an executive position at CONCACAF, saying he was the victim of an obscene, abusive confrontation.

Warner, president of CONCACAF and vice president of FIFA, said yesterday that Augustus, the chairman of the Congress of the People, was putting his political interests before his work.

"He (Augustus) was abusive to me, he cuss me and tell me that he doesn't have to account to me for his time and that I am the world's greatest deceiver," said Warner, who once shared a 25-year professional friendship with Augustus, a former principal of Rosary Boys' RC School.

Warner was speaking at President's House, St Ann's after United National Congress Political Leader Basdeo Panday officially received his instrument of appointment for the post of Opposition Leader from President George Maxwell Richards.

Warner said some time ago Augustus told him he had a meeting at the Centre of Excellence, Macoya, but it turned out that Augustus went to the COP headquarters at Gaston Court, Chaguanas to join COP political leader Winston Dookeran at a press conference.

"I sacked him because he left to go to the Centre of Excellence to a meeting and he lied...he went to Gaston (Court) with Mr Dookeran," said Warner, adding that he was upset when he saw Augustus's photo on the front page of a daily newspaper the next day.

"So I wrote to him and I asked him why and he cuss my mother, my grandchildren, my mother and so on, he told me that Mr Panday say to fire him and why don't I fire him. I say you fired," said Warner.

"He said to me I could do what I want and all the F's in the world and all the mother so and so in the world, I say to him thank you very much," Warner continued.

Warner said he did not fire Augustus before because of Augustus's loyalty to the COP.

"Mr Augustus has been in the COP as chairman for over a year, I didn't sack him. He went on leave, I didn't sack him. He went on the platform and was very critical and nasty of me, I didn't sack him," said Warner.

Warner added that Augustus was given four weeks leave from work with pay, which he was not entitled to, to campaign in the general elections.

He said he gave Augustus time to build his party and he never had a problem with that.

"We parted company based on his obscene behaviour," Warner said.

"He (Augustus) telling me that he from behind the bridge as though that is some claim to fame, well I am from under the bridge," slammed Warner.

Warner said he does not have any intention of sacking other COP members who work for him as long as they do their jobs.

"I have never spoken to Mr (Ken) Emrith or Mr (Felix) Hernandez as yet about firing them and I don't see how that arises, I say to these guys if you do your work, then fine."

Emrith is the manager of the Centre of Excellence and Hernandez is in charge of security.

Both are senior COP members.

Warner said some of his employees who are devoted to the COP abused the company's resources in the election race.

He said the chief security officer of the Centre of Excellence used the company's car to transport COP supporters to vote on election day.

A senior COP member confirmed last night the verbal assault by Augustus but said he was provoked.

"Roy did tell off Warner but he did so after receiving a very nasty e-mail," said the COP member who did not wish to named.

"Roy is not the kind of person to just curse somebody so, Warner was very nasty in his e-mail," he continued.

He added that the people should not be fooled and think that Warner was "silent like a lamb".

The Express tried to contact Augustus yesterday but calls to his cell phone (a company mobile unit) went unanswered.

Jack's COP employees fearful after 'firing'
Anna Ramdass aramdass@trinidadexpress.com

Wednesday, November 14th 2007

Devoted members of the Congress of the People (COP), who are also employees of United National Congress Alliance co-leader Jack Warner, are said to be in fear of losing their jobs.

The Express has learnt that these employees are uneasy following an episode between Warner and COP chairman Roy Augustus which resulted in the departure of Augustus as deputy chief executive officer of CONCACAF on Monday.

The Express tried to contact both Augustus and Warner yesterday but several calls to their numbers went unanswered.

It is not clear whether Augustus was fired or if he walked off the job.

Warner on Monday told the Express that he was in New York on business and questions should be directed to Augustus. He said he will speak on the issue at a later time as he was in a meeting, however, when the Express tried to contact him again, Warner could not be reached.

Sources informed the Express that following Augustus's departure from the Warner Group of Companies, other employees who are affiliated with the COP have become uneasy.

Warner is the boss of other COP supporters such as Ken Emrith and Felix Hernandez.

Warner had previously told the media that a number of people working under him have allegiance to other political parties, but said he was not the kind of person to threaten their jobs.

COP member Gary Griffith told the Express yesterday that Warner needs to come clean and state whether he has a problem with COP supporters working for him.

Griffith said if Warner is not satisfied with these people's performance, including Augustus, then something is wrong because they are all hard-working employees.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 10:25:58 PM by black chinee »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Fires his COP employees
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 06:47:21 AM »
Roy Augustus you can be the  whistle blower
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 12:27:57 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 01:07:02 PM »
I find so, Augustus should step up and say what happen. Unless..........he was in JW pocket to, then nothing happening as usual.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 02:21:33 PM »
If you read the article  closely, you will realise that the title of this thread is very misleading.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 09:15:42 PM »
D title the whole story that is what d press in TNT bout is bacchanal. Dey eh know why Roy gone but they sayin he get fired and other workers scared dey get fired too. Nonesense but it sells newspapers
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 09:18:58 PM »
If you read the article  closely, you will realise that the title of this thread is very misleading.
Peace,
VB
yes true
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 09:22:56 PM »
I was wondering about this long time...i surprised it only happen now.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 10:27:05 PM »
the top article confirms Roy Augustus was actually Fired

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 11:18:11 PM »
We know he get fired but is y
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 05:23:36 AM »

WHY I FIRED ROY
"He (Augustus) telling me that he from behind the bridge as though that is some claim to fame, well I am from under the bridge," slammed Warner.

The only thing that come from under bridge is troll, but that is comeback father eh? Sometimes, you does really have to admit this man in a class by he self.

Somebody have to try this one on TI next time he bring it up :devil:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 05:56:18 AM »

"He (Augustus) was abusive to me, he cuss me and tell me that he doesn't have to account to me for his time and that I am the world's greatest deceiver,"

"I sacked him because he left to go to the Centre of Excellence to a meeting and he lied..."

How could the man say such thing about JW ? and he lied as well...............its good JW stamps down on this ......................he dont want competition
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 06:43:10 AM »

I don't understand what the issue is.

So Jack fire Roy or Roy quit, what is the big deal ?

Jack own an empire and a lot of men working for him, so what if he fire ? Is he hire them in the first place.

Everybody free to work for who they want.
In fact I would be happy if Jack fire all his employees or at the very least Blacklist them.

let Jack alone run his business, run TTFF , play football as the TT team ,collect gate receipts,pay the bills, pay himself as the entire football team etc
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 07:18:15 AM »
I believe Roy is a man of integrity and will not blow the whistle.  Regardless of what happened, Jack has been good to Roy over the years and I do not believe he will say anything publicly.  This was definitely test Roy's character but in the end I don't believe anything will be said.

But Jack, come on.  You really expect us to believe that Roy cuss you out without provocation?  Pleaseeeeee.  Jack yuh is a vindictive, old, dutty stinking dog and everybody know that.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 12:46:35 PM »
.......and last night while watching de news story where he telling his side, de reporter ask him about allegations dat he use FIFA money to help de UNC....he say dat FIFA wouldn't do that and dat it couldn't come from de TTFF cuz de TTFF have no money.....

....but of course de TTFF have no money.....it indebted to you......laaaawwwd fadder I doh know if to laugh or cry whenever I see or hear dis man....and to think ah goh be hearing he for de next 5 years.....laaaawwddd.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »
I am hopin that entering into politricks could be jack ul ur down fall . This man have to make ah mixtake at somepoint and ah hopin this is it .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 02:34:31 PM »
dem COrPse people lorsing everything boy. 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 03:57:59 PM »
.......and last night while watching de news story where he telling his side, de reporter ask him about allegations dat he use FIFA money to help de UNC....he say dat FIFA wouldn't do that and dat it couldn't come from de TTFF cuz de TTFF have no money.....

....but of course de TTFF have no money.....it indebted to you......laaaawwwd fadder I doh know if to laugh or cry whenever I see or hear dis man....and to think ah goh be hearing he for de next 5 years.....laaaawwddd.....

that mean the blacklisted  players have no money to get
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 04:09:57 PM »
that mean the blacklisted  players have no money to get
Dais right, as dat Scottish fella did insinuate, I believe that de TTFF money in Jackula personal account.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 04:13:17 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 06:20:28 PM »
Roy lost any integrity he had when he allign with Jack and D UNC. He see d light and join d corpse but is a dim lite

1]; } ?>