April 19, 2024, 03:18:41 AM

Author Topic: request: Italy vs Scotland game??!!  (Read 7381 times)

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
Re: request: Italy vs Scotland game??!!
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2007, 01:59:27 PM »
H'england holding dey own cards....cyah lorse situation. can dey do eet?...I sayin nah.... ;D

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2007, 02:04:14 PM »
HALA ISRAELLLLLL

2-1 FT

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

England need a draw to Qualify!!

Now doh say what I ent say eh, but since the last matchday, I tell mihself that nobody with any kind of power in football want both England and Italy to miss a Euro , and that ah won't be surprised if something that against all odds go down (Italy win tonight AND Russia lose. Now leh we see how Croatia going to approach their game.

Check the danger...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2007, 02:11:21 PM »
H'england holding dey own cards....cyah lorse situation. can dey do eet?...I sayin nah.... ;D

I thinkthey will do it.

Everybody will be fraid before the game but they will either play bad and scrape tru or Croatia will not show up and England will roll them.

At the end of the day Russia, Israel and Croatia are not really good sides.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2007, 02:15:47 PM »
And England who ketching their nenen to get past them is ? Or a read yuh wrong ?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2007, 02:23:28 PM »

But England are?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2007, 02:45:39 PM »

But England are?

i disagree....croatia has the best squad out of those three u mentioned. croatia have a squad and i dont see england getting passed them to be honest. as for russia and israel they are two nations on the rise right now and will be threats in the future.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2007, 02:47:17 PM »
Macedonia 2... Croatia 0

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

2 mins left

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2007, 02:57:01 PM »
i disagree....croatia has the best squad out of those three u mentioned. croatia have a squad and i dont see england getting passed them to be honest.

They are already qualified. They start playing the ass already and collect 2 from macedonia

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2007, 03:03:11 PM »
And England who ketching their nenen to get past them is ? Or a read yuh wrong ?
Sweden ketch dey nenen to get past Trinidad too...doh mean Trinidad is a 'good side' relative to Sweden.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2007, 03:10:34 PM »
Sweden ketch dey nenen to get past Trinidad too...doh mean Trinidad is a 'good side' relative to Sweden.

That was a one off game. This is a group campaign over a year. To disagree is your prerogative but you know damn well where ah coming from.

And the focus of the question is not whether those three sides are good sides or not. The question mark is over England's merit of being put in another class. This of course, begs the question of what is a 'good side', which I refuse to equate with a 'big name' side, a 'big football country side' or a 'talented' side - three categories into which England could be arguably classed

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2007, 03:33:52 PM »

That was a one off game. This is a group campaign over a year. To disagree is your prerogative but you know damn well where ah coming from.

Of course I know where yuh 'coming from'...never said I didn't understand your point, I just don't think it has merit. 

England is a good squad that has been struggling since the World Cup, the team has failed to gel and find an identity under McLaren.  That however does not mean it's not better than Croatia or Russia.  Just like mediocre teams can enjoy a run of success that can give win to their supporters and have critics overrate them...so too can good teams take on the mantle of mediocrity, suffer a run of bad games that give win to their detractors and have critics underrate them.  I would put Croatia (yet to recover their amazing form since the passing of the golden age under men like Suker) and Israel (who??) in the first class.  England I would rate in the second.  Your comments suggest that England is worst off or at best on the same meddling level of the other two teams.  On that we differ. 

One off game or not the comparisons with TnT-Sweden remains a good, if imperfect analogy because England is also only getting one bite of the apple against these teams.  When England perennially or repeatedly starts struggling to pass the likes of Croatia/Israel...then you may have a point.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 03:36:45 PM by Camel Toe Assassin »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2007, 03:52:30 PM »

Of course I know where yuh 'coming from'...never said I didn't understand your point, I just don't think it has merit. 

England is a good squad that has been struggling since the World Cup, the team has failed to gel and find an identity under McLaren.  That however does not mean it's not better than Croatia or Russia.  Just like mediocre teams can enjoy a run of success that can give win to their supporters and have critics overrate them...so too can good teams take on the mantle of mediocrity, suffer a run of bad games that give win to their detractors and have critics underrate them.  I would put Croatia (yet to recover their amazing form since the passing of the golden age under men like Suker) and Israel (who??) in the first class.  England I would rate in the second.  Your comments suggest that England is worst off or at best on the same meddling level of the other two teams.  On that we differ. 

One off game or not the comparisons with TnT-Sweden remains a good, if imperfect analogy because England is also only getting one bite of the apple against these teams.  When England perennially or repeatedly starts struggling to pass the likes of Croatia/Israel...then you may have a point.

Fair enough. I get your point.

Only 2 things I disagree with.
England mediocrity going on AT LEAST since the build up to the last Euros (after qualification)

As far as the one off game thing goes, not only do you get 2 matches against Each team, but you also get 2 matches against every team that your opponents play. In a sense, is a mini league, and you not suppose to finish lower than any team that you markdly better than. The mere fact that they were struggling to finish above Russia up until today and can still finish below Croatia for me shows that England AS OF TODAY AND THE LAST YEAR OR SO, is not decidely better than Croatia and Russia of the same period.

I MIGHT give you Israel, for having seen enough of them in recent times to know that they are a decidely mediocre team that for some reason is extremely difficult to beat in big games

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2007, 03:58:21 PM »

It's actually 2 as each team plays each other home and away.

If England were indeed that much better than Croatia & Russia as you infer, not sure how many times they would need to play to prove that.

In head to head matches thus far, Croatia beat England 2-0 in Croatia and will play them on Wednesday at Wembley.

England beat Russia 3-0 at Wembley and lost to them 2-1 in Russia.

At the very least, those 2 teams have shown they're on par with England.  

If Croatia and Russia aren't that good as people have said, based on the only thing you can go by...RESULTS of games played against each other....England are AT BEST the same standard as those 2 teams.  

Perhaps if the Croatian and Russian Leagues were as heavily marketed as the EPL, people would be looking forward to the likes of Arshavin, Kerzhakov, Kranjcar, & Rapaic etc.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2007, 04:34:00 PM »

But England are?

Nope..but they don't have to be,

just have to be better than two of the others when everything is done.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2007, 04:45:46 PM »
Read me wrong.

This was an easy group that each of these team had opportunities to put away, yet all struggled.

England and Croatia or England and Russia may very well come out on top but it is being the best of a bad bunch.

In the end it looks as if England experience, home record and "pedigree" give them a telling advantage

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2007, 07:43:55 PM »
Israel have a way of sending teams packing
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2007, 07:50:34 PM »
England and Croatia or England and Russia may very well come out on top

??? :o

It could only be Croatia and England or Croatia and Russia.  Croatia done qualify....

Oh snap.....England done qualify fuh u...

Hope fuh your sake dem chicken doh hatch in yuh beer on wednesday. 8)

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2007, 08:43:20 PM »
trust meh ppls....England aint thru just yet....Croatia aint no walkover and they playin IN croatia...that game eh gonna be easy...
surprised with the Israel game? how it was?...90th min.?! dammnnnnn

but i am a big italian fan..and anybody who wanna come say italy get away and how d referee tief for dem...
lemme hear ya bout d scotland goal....offside for sure!! and lemme hear bout italy disallowed goal....no way offside...
gimme a break

FORZA ITALIA

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2007, 07:10:02 AM »
England and Croatia or England and Russia may very well come out on top

??? :o

It could only be Croatia and England or Croatia and Russia.  Croatia done qualify....

My mistake bro. Admittedly I am not to into the Euro qualifiers scene.

Oh snap.....England done qualify fuh u...

Hope fuh your sake dem chicken doh hatch in yuh beer on wednesday. 8)
Yuh mistake me for somebody who cares.

It have something for me to be drinking about on Wednesday?

trust meh ppls....England aint thru just yet....Croatia aint no walkover and they playin IN croatia...
Nah the game is in England.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2007, 09:46:33 AM »
Scotland- Italy 1-1. about 10 mins to go. Mc Fadden just miss a wide open goal .
Scotland carrying the play.
Referee just give Italy the game!!!!
de ref mad, dat was an Italian foul de man charge de scotman off de ball and den give de italian a free kick.
steups
I am watching the replay of the Scotland game and I have to say...Italy is a SHIT side.....thank GOD for asshole refs, eh Italy, allya get a REAL bligh.....Scotand you played very well....Idiot Refs are the bane of my football life.
KCUF ITALY KCUF DE REF KCUF FIFA KCUF UEFA........RIGHT!!!! now ah GOOD to GO ;D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 10:00:17 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2007, 11:49:29 AM »
trust meh ppls....England aint thru just yet....Croatia aint no walkover and they playin IN croatia...that game eh gonna be easy...
surprised with the Israel game? how it was?...90th min.?! dammnnnnn

but i am a big italian fan..and anybody who wanna come say italy get away and how d referee tief for dem...
lemme hear ya bout d scotland goal....offside for sure!! and lemme hear bout italy disallowed goal....no way offside...
gimme a break

FORZA ITALIA

- the game is in england, croatia already qualified and england need a draw. do the math

- Down 0-1 Russia looked clueless for most of the period around the half and then suddenly caught a vaps and began dominating play, they went extremely close 2 or 3 times before opening the scoring, then drop a notch and playing like they wasn't too concerned about not leading despite having almost 70% possession. Then they step up a notch with 10 minutes to go, went close 2 or 3 times and then, with 2 minutes left or so, hit a shot off the post.
Israel got back the ball and hit it out and end up scoring on a counter with their next possession, almost their first real chance of the half.
1-2 minutes later, game done

- as far as the referreeing of Scotland-Italy go, it would seem that the referreing team was off target all day. However with time winding down and Scotland just having missed 2 golden opportunities (Milller hit into side netting instead of centring, MCfadden missing the gaping goal) there were two clear cut occasions for Scotland to relaunch their attack after Italy had pulled the ball back into midfield and were trying to keep possession.

The first one on the touchline was an obvious foul on a skate tackle from a Italian that the linesman signal Italy throw in. after the italian attack broke down, hutton was preparing to pass the ball out and start the attack and then he was broadsided by another italian.

What it strange is that the linesman chose to signal it as an Italian throw in, considering that the Italian never once tried to get the ball or even intercept the ball by putting himself in between it and Hutton. He just plain and simple took him out of the play. The French commentators declared a Scot free kick as a matter of course and had to correct themselves with some surprise after realising it wasn't.
What is even stranger is that the referee chose to signal it as an Italia free kick. If he had chosen to give the benefit of the doubt to his linesman (who WAS in position to see the play) and give an Italian throw, or decided to overide the linesman (while being out of position) to give the Scots the ball, it could have been understood. However to overide the linesman while out of position to give an extremely dangerous free kick for the same team that would have kept the ball anyway is perplexing.
The only conceivable scenario that would have meritted anything of the sort would have been if he considered that the Scottish player had dove (which wasn't the case). However, I have never seen a defender dive that close to his own box, and no ref worth his salt would signal a free kick for a defensive dive in that situation - Italy would have regained possession anyway. If he somehow thought that both players were responsible, Scotland should have maintained possession.

Anyway you look at it, its oncomprehensible. No one is saying that Italy paid the ref off. The mere fact that he made other conspicuous errors is enough proof of that. However the fact is that offside errors are pretty frequent in football - the offside on the Scotish goal would have been almost impossible to spot because of the confusion in the box, I didn't see the Italian one. Scenarios like ours back in Haiti in 73 are very rare theses days.

Whenever there's favouritism it comes across in how 50/50 calls are judged, it come across in the choice of foul/no foul calls. Its usually in relation to contact - penalty/no penalty calls, and to a lesser extent free kicks. If you don't believe that the bigger teams usually benefit from these be it unconsciously or consciously (WC 02 for Korea is THE notable exception) then you're just hiding your face.

Portugal beat Armenia 1-0 at home. Portugal dominated the game after scoring in the 40th minute or so, but up until there Armenia was giving them serious trouble and just before giving away the goal, they had a very valid penalty appeal refused. Little things like that can change a match when the teams are already unbalanced to begin with.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2007, 11:59:23 AM »
Thanks for your post Midknight, but
Anyway you look at it, its oncomprehensible. No one is saying that Italy paid the ref off. I AM  ;) The mere fact that he made other conspicuous errors is enough proof of that. However the fact is that offside errors are pretty frequent in football - the offside on the Scotish goal would have been almost impossible to spot because of the confusion in the box, I didn't see the Italian one. Scenarios like ours back in Haiti in 73 are very rare theses days. Todays game is a CLEAR indication , to me at least, that your comment is far from correct, I personally feel that Officiating team should be BANNED. There are very very few games in todays matches where the commentaors were as baffled as they were today..
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 12:06:36 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2007, 04:06:14 AM »
It was totally baffling, at least with the offsides you could see how the official could get it wrong as even on TV they had to show it 3 times to make sure it was a wrong decision.
The foul on Hutton had no conceivable outcome other than a Scotland freekick ????
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2007, 11:03:43 AM »
I feel sorry for Scotland.They were definitely cheated out of a chance for the Euro finals.What a shame they wern't given the penalty that was so obvious,if that was bad what about the foul against Scotland in which the resulting free kick gave Italy the winner.Sooner than later technology must be used for fair play.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2007, 11:10:24 AM »
Boo Fackin Hoo  ::) 8)

1]; } ?>