March 28, 2024, 03:44:42 PM

Author Topic: Exactly 2 years ago at this exact minute..  (Read 6174 times)

giggsy11

Re: EXACTLY 2 YEARS AGO AT THIS EXACT MINUTE...
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2007, 03:26:22 PM »
I doh know how ah happen to be home that day but it was a fortunate thing. Watch the game and I was filled with such pride watching the game with the belief that we had a wonderful chance to win! I had tears in my eyes after the game ended. I was so proud. I only wished that I had watched it with my brothers and in Trinidad. Actually the first game against Sweden when we showed that we belonged never made me even prouder to be a Trini. Sweeter than sweet!

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2007, 10:35:06 PM »
i was upstairs impulse sports bar in point the roof fell down tables broke swore a brawl took place after the goal.from the startin whistle the streets was empty after the game it was madness that lasted until the next morning.i calmly told my supervisor (all the bosses stayed away) that if Trinidad won i wasn't coming back and so said so done.that maximus Dan played the whole evenin into the next morning if it was any closer to carnival it would of road march with no contenters,no doubt the best day of my life
 :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2007, 11:34:45 PM »
Ah forget ,but I did see the games live ,both ah think .But ah was really happy I remember that .great great day !

Offline QWT

• New Warrior
  • In China, nothing surprises me anymore!
    • View Profile
    • Resident Alien - a blog about my life in China
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2007, 12:34:06 AM »
Hmm, I was in my room watching the game in the early hours of the morning (I think it was already morning). I'm sure everyone else around me must have heard me celebrating our goal, then protesting the disallowed 'goal' and finally celebrating the final whistle!

The game was live in China, but because of the time difference it was either late at night or very early in the morning. I was too excited, so I can't remember exactly what time it was here. :P I'll never forget that day though, never!

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Exactly 2 years ago at this exact minute..
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2007, 09:19:05 AM »
I was workin in de bank back home at the time and take meh lunch hour...and a half same time as the start of the game. Only thing is we couldn't see the game on we tv so I had to listen to the whole thing on radio. Well boy when we score I think the branch shut down yes...I had no customers until about ten minutes from the end and the tension was insane. I tell meh customer "Eh bro yuh could understand if ah ask yuh for a ten minutes??" The man say no probllem dred I wanna listen to this ting too!!! I dont remember ever being that happy about something nah.  :beermug: ;D

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2007, 01:30:58 PM »
Ah forget ,but I did see the games live ,both ah think .But ah was really happy I remember that .great great day !

Ah feel you fibbing...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2007, 01:51:10 PM »
Ah feel you fibbing...
wha ya saying?
Quags wasnt in de Stadium in Germany
I feel he meant live on TV ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2007, 06:00:36 PM »
I was at Crown Plaza in a conference on HIV in d Workplace. Yuh ever hear no car on wrightson Rd. I missed d entire 1st half. Thank God 4 text I told my sista anyting happen leh me know. She say leave d meeting I told her the Minister right there. Thank God half time coincided with lunch, missed desert so I saw d start of d 2nd half and b4 u know it goal score. I jump I scream peeps who insisted on desert miss d goal. I duck d meeting after lunch I headed out of town and I called my sis in Maryland she was not at work d gyul could not understand meh accent when I say we goin Germany. I finally say tell her we win d game.

It was horn hold nite I will neva 4get that day. It end up wit me goin to Germany neva taught that would a happen?

I work up feelin lil sad yday because I taught about 2 yrs later what has happened but Nov 16th will always b a greattttttttttt day in my life.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2007, 06:44:09 PM »
I took the day off from work that day to watch the game....was by myself so no one else to bother me so I could witness one of the greatest moments in TnT history....

As the match came closer to an end and Latas and Yorkie start holding up the ball to drain the clock...my chest start to swell with a huge lump in my throat...resurecting my climatic emotions of '89

Once the final whistle blow, I couldn't hold it in any more....dare I say I bawled and cried like a baby...and couldn't believe that... WE....MY Trinidad and Tobago...just qualified for the World Cup!!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2007, 07:09:31 PM »
I was at Crown Plaza in a conference on HIV in d Workplace. Yuh ever hear no car on wrightson Rd. I missed d entire 1st half. Thank God 4 text I told my sista anyting happen leh me know. She say leave d meeting I told her the Minister right there. Thank God half time coincided with lunch, missed desert so I saw d start of d 2nd half and b4 u know it goal score. I jump I scream peeps who insisted on desert miss d goal. I duck d meeting after lunch I headed out of town and I called my sis in Maryland she was not at work d gyul could not understand meh accent when I say we goin Germany. I finally say tell her we win d game.

It was horn hold nite I will neva 4get that day. It end up wit me goin to Germany neva taught that would a happen?

I work up feelin lil sad yday because I taught about 2 yrs later what has happened but Nov 16th will always b a greattttttttttt day in my life.

who yuh horn whole nite under de gladness vibes?

poor fellah..   :devil:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2007, 07:10:46 PM »

........I work up feelin lil sad yday because I taught about 2 yrs later what has happened but Nov 16th will always b a greattttttttttt day in my life.

Very true...and ....sad. :'(
But yeah ....  ah guess we will jess survive on memories in de past.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2007, 07:11:02 PM »

who yuh horn whole nite under de gladness vibes?

poor fellah..   :devil:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
 :angel:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2007, 07:11:23 PM »
Car Horn ok
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>