April 16, 2024, 03:55:53 AM

Author Topic: North Zone Intercol Final "Live" on I-95.5fm  (Read 6345 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: North Zone Intercol Final "Live" on I-95.5fm
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2007, 09:38:16 PM »
You want choon West Coast ?
CIC playing football, the others playing netball  :devil:
;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2007, 11:07:59 PM »
Continue to make history fellas.  All dem who call we temaree side, let dem grovel.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2007, 11:15:59 PM »
Congrats CIC posse
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2007, 11:23:40 PM »
now we all know T&T police is joke when they ready (Except for the dudes who wear all black-doh mess wit dem!!)
it seemed like a fight was goin on in the stands in the first half....i sittin too far to notice anything but EVERYBODY looking across and stop takin on d game.....police officers in front of us looking across...and then step back watching d game!!!!!

but that game was a good one....d refereeing was poor...CIC was to get a PK in the dying moments of the game(cant remember if it was regulation or Extra time---he  gave a FK outside the box...real weird)...then the Red card incident--all 4 officials r to blame there....

Was really impressed by CIC's Hakeem King..that lil fella doh stop running! WAYYYZZZZ real pace right thru...
some CIC fellas gimme some names here nah...

who was the fella who start on the left??
and who is the Defensive midfield; a red fella...in my opinion, just from that game alone, i could see he musta been one of the keys to CIC's season...
d man winning balls, tussling with Primus whole game--who i must say was all over d place ...he real play too...but get sent off chupid...
but that CIC def. mid....not only d tackles he winning...he playing real simple too.
In SSFL ya find real youths love the 30yrd long ball to pick out a man...spectacular shit nah...
but thius youth was winning ball...knockin it simple...playing all out..and when he get back a ball he doing the simple stuff...
big up to cic again

and again...leston paul real stink wit it jed..lol....
once he get some size he go definitely be in T&T reckoning i think....

still would love to know y he eh play d whole yr...that injury talk for him and de Silva souding suspect....
small ting...

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2007, 12:43:51 AM »
CONGRATS...COME ON SAINTS  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2007, 07:00:22 AM »
Congrats to the alma mater.

Cup football is a hell of a thing.

Question for those that following the scene personally. Is it possible that the groundwork that the foreign coach was putting down last year paid off this rounds?

Will Saints be a contender for the league next year?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2007, 07:37:47 AM »
Congrats to my school .. ;D ;D

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2007, 08:39:32 AM »
All kix aside, whey dat CIC chant come from?

THAT CHANT OLDER THAN MEH FADDER, I BELIEVE IT CAME OVER FROM IRELAND WITH THE HOLY GHOST OF FATHERS WHO RUN THE SCHOOL

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2007, 09:03:17 AM »
Oh when the SAINTS, go marching in
Oh when the SAINTS goo marching in
Yes I want to be in that number,
When the SAINTS go marching in

:wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Well done fellas!!........On for the national title now!  ;D
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2007, 09:14:01 AM »
Hear nah.....
I jump
I bawl
I cuss
Is years i waiting on dis.

I coming up wrightson road.......listening to de ting on radio...hearin youth men names dat i know...and see sweating in the big yard. We did start off hot and sweaty.....den malick start to put pressure on us from wha  i heard. I entered the stadium with about 25 minutes gone....bounce up my brethrin and we start to lime. At that time the game was even....cic keeping their composure really.......malick being patient.Teams went into the break locked at 0-0..with about 4 malick players receiving cautions. Start of the second half....malick pushing with some intensity....number 6 for CIC in the defense...had some great moments.....clearing his lines well.With about 10 minutes gone in the second half......a ball came across the face of the goal.....defense and keeper got their signals crossed.....and all alone with the goal at his mercy...malick striker akeem "crouch" bailey..put down the most unbelievable miss...from about 2 yards out...similar to a defensive striker. CIC pushed for the initiative...but sean da silva wasnt given much room to work with. Leston Paul.....as i said to him after....is a wicked bitch. Real beat sharing...about 7 wrong address get given out in that game. Of note...fake a shot...cut the man...as the defender fell down...looked at him with contempt...then passed off the ball. Another time he calmly rolled the ball through the defenders legs...defender was so shocked...he didnt even realise what happened.He had some great shows of skill. CIC pushed up..and the referee had some questionable calls....one of which being da silva being called for a foul when he was screening the ball. Malick had an opportunity...finished it...but was called back for offside. Then.....with a break down the left flank.....a cross came in...fumbled by the keeper.....cic defense didnt deal with it quickly...got caught in possession.....ball rolled across the face of the goal...and was slid in by a malick player...not too sure if is crouch. Saints started to push up the intensity...malick sat back and absorbed the pressure. CIC with some searching balls foward...either hit with too much weight on it...and thus straight into the keepers hands......or cut out by the defense. Hakeem King had some penetrative runs.....and was always asking questions of the malick defense. Da silva and Paul started to assert themselves on the game....da silva especially being double marked...thus giving him no space...paul getting that treatment as well. However...CIC got a free kick just outside the 18....sent in by da silva....knocked back across...the second cross sent back in by another cic player...and king rose to get the touch to send it into the back of the net. Well.....CIC with their tails up...pressed.....and in that....a malick player got a yellow card....his second....but it seems that the referee didnt realise that...despite checking his book. Play went on for about 2 minutes...then he checked with his linesman....and realised and sent him off. Malick pulled back players...and seemed to be willing to counter. Full time came....and the teams took a breather....and was back at it again. Malick started brightly...then pulled back....and CIC started pressing them even more. Finally a ball was swung into the box...from a free kick...left side...almost the same spot as last time......and the malick keeper made three top class blinding saves in the space of three seconds and finally the ball ran out into touch. CIC kept pressing though...and then....with a minute to go in the first period of extra time.......a corner came in.......flicked on.....initial shot blocked......and the follow up was put away by Paul. CIC leading.....and by that time i was done hoarse. Hear nah...i rel cuss...dat ref...me eh kno if he really a football referee...or jus a man who wanted a sweat without actually playing. But....into the final period of added on time...malick started to throw numbers forward with abandon. One time.....CIC hit a long ball up....king alone in the middle of 4 malick players and the keeper...keeper came out to clear....caught in possession.....slight pressure was applied....the keeper instead of passing it off....dribbled....was tackled...the ball fell fortuately for him....he hit a long ball up from the half line........and two malick players broke......versus the cic keeper jardim.....who came out....was beaten...and just inside the 18....he hit the ball on the cross bar. Well...with that....CIC pulled back more....and prefering to wait on the counter. Paul took the ball down to the flanks and started to waste time....hit a man a spanner....knock it back across.....faked forward....pulled it back...and tried to pull it through the players legs...buh didnt get through. By then...malick seemed like they lost their zeal.....and with 8 players back...the goal was well defended. The ref...seeming to think that it was a full 45 minutes being played......allowed about 7 minutes of extra time........and then when the final whistle blew.....CIC supporters erupted. Hear nah......was good.......was a long time coming.
Nice report Bourbon.
Congrats to the Saints men and dem!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2007, 09:36:05 AM »
After looking at all these reports on here i want to say first congrats to St Mary's,this is what the colleges league is all about but it will have those that will still say it does nothing for Youth Football,national Youth team players should not be allowed to play there,look at the difference when they play it lifts the level of the league.When St Mary's/QRC playing they have more to play for because of their history,they are involved longer than those Comprehensive schools.Bourbon are you a saints reporter?any how nice job the local newspapers could not have done it better.   

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2007, 03:42:59 PM »

still would love to know y he eh play d whole yr...that injury talk for him and de Silva souding suspect....
small ting...
Paul was injured last year. But did not want to play in the savannah this year. De Silva also did not want to play in the savannah and in 2nd division football. On a purely selfish level, I can see how playing in the 2nd division football would not have been given them the competition they need right now if they want to improve. I assume that they played with their club teams.
I saw the team play without them. and while they won against some  s##t sides they did not have a plan. With these two fellas in mid-field they can really exert some control and make it easier for the other players on the team to play.

1]; } ?>