April 17, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Author Topic: de Ultimate Sporting event?  (Read 2233 times)

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
de Ultimate Sporting event?
« on: November 14, 2007, 12:31:01 PM »
dis could be posted in several sections, but since most are on this side, I will start it here. What allyuh tink is de ultimate sporting event tuh pass through Tnt? I go say it was Southern Games. It from a long gone era...buh say wha!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 12:32:38 PM by Tongue »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: de Ultimate Sporting event?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 01:54:11 PM »
dis could be posted in several sections, but since most are on this side, I will start it here. What allyuh tink is de ultimate sporting event tuh pass through Tnt? I go say it was Southern Games. It from a long gone era...buh say wha!
Couple football games fuh me...Intercol match up involving Gustine, Arima, El Do and Signal Hill.  That and one of the first games at National Stadium, my first Strike Squad game.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 02:50:24 PM »
De run up to November 19 1989......even though we qualify in 2006.....de run up to 1990 still have dat special something dat ah doh think would ever be replicated......

And as for de day itself......well.....it was ah anticlimax ultimate sporting event....which is why ah focusing on de run up and not de game itself as de ultimate.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 02:56:35 PM »
De Great Race!

I from Carenage. I remember as a boy, climbing up on people house to see when Mr Solo, Checkmate, Top Cat and dem making real noise in de gulf, heading to de Bocas on de way to Tobago. People all in trees and ting oui, and none ah we eh know nutten bout no power boat...
Toujour Pret!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 03:09:30 PM »
De Great Race!

I from Carenage. I remember as a boy, climbing up on people house to see when Mr Solo, Checkmate, Top Cat and dem making real noise in de gulf, heading to de Bocas on de way to Tobago. People all in trees and ting oui, and none ah we eh know nutten bout no power boat...
Lol...I could definitely see that.  Trinidad use to get hype about them speedboat so just a chance to see them race as a boy...I could definitely see dat.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 03:22:37 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

giggsy11

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 05:40:21 PM »
Under 16 finals when the stadium first open up, Trinidad v USA. Couldn't gah tickets and I was one of the first persons to storm, exhilirating sh*it! I remember it was mad people storming that day to get in, the stadium people didn't know what hit them that day. Unfortunately we lost to USA again that day. We had a great side that year though we just could never beat the states. The player of the tournament was Julio Diaz from El Salvador, man use share mad beats!

Any intercol matches involving John D, Tranquil or Mucurapo and any match wey yuh have a sh*t up man in youh section. Kicks on theside and on the field!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 05:44:26 PM »
Managin 2 woman back in de day in de same fete in JB's .  

Athleticism, Management, Balance, Ability to think QUICKLYon yuh feet, Deception, Psychology, Unpredictability, Tension, The Potential for Catastrophe & the Thrill of Victory all combine to make it the ultimate sporting event at the time.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 09:05:40 AM »

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 10:21:32 AM »
Horse racing in de savannah, see how close you could stay to the railings when the horses come round the corner.

Table tennis championships, I didnt know you could play like dat till I went to that

Wrestling with Ray Apollen, Abdullah the butcher and the Invaders !
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

giggsy11

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 06:15:52 PM »
Managin 2 woman back in de day in de same fete in JB's .  

Athleticism, Management, Balance, Ability to think QUICKLYon yuh feet, Deception, Psychology, Unpredictability, Tension, The Potential for Catastrophe & the Thrill of Victory all combine to make it the ultimate sporting event at the time.

LOL! Trni #1 horn man?! They ever find out?

1]; } ?>