April 29, 2024, 12:34:51 AM

Author Topic: It is official, LATAPY IS BACK!!!  (Read 14874 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fellas, tears come to meh eye. Serious talk...
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2005, 01:17:31 PM »
At first when I read the headline I say "yeah right".  But after reading on and seeing that it is true, my eyes start to well up oui.

Guatemala, allyuh in for a rude awakening.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How all of a sudden everybody love Latapy??? whey de haters now?
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2005, 01:25:07 PM »
Whey allyuh now?  eh?  whey allyuh?

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
Re: It is official, LATAPY IS BACK!!!
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2005, 01:41:47 PM »
Well Well, the Magician is back!  This is surely the boost in morale the team could definitely use, since Beene is demanding more of a die hard effort from the squad..

Someone raised the point of "disarray in the camp", cyar do dat dred, any man (Whitley, Spann, Theo and Birchall) on dat squad now has had the opportunity to run ting in de middle of the park, to limited success..so if yuh have to take a seat to TnT ALL TIME GREATEST...then it en have a bit ah shame in dat ....instead be a professional and learn learn something ...

De man I feel will be affected de most is Whitley...Spann has proven himself (we will be mentioning him in 'similar' light as we do Latas in 10yrs) .... 

For Guatemala

Jack
           Dog                  Avery

Sancho                                   Wolfe
                    Spann

Edwards         # 10                  Whitley

Yorke         Jones

Question:  HOW GUATEMALA BEATING DAT SIDE!!!!!!!????????

Sealey for Jones (70')
Birchall for Edwards (70')
Stern for Latas (75') ... drop Yorke into the midfield.
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2005, 01:44:07 PM »
Big Magician and Small Magician (and if it have a medium Magician!)...allyuh find ah new name please..ALLYUH TEEFING FUH TOO LONG! 

..jes like Bakr say he en know no "Small Brent, Big Brent or no mediumm Brent"....LOL

"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2005, 01:44:14 PM »
I respected his decision to pusue his coaching, I was not at all upset that he left.

The truth of the matter is that Latapy cannot play forever, somebody has to be groomed to fill that role when he is finally gone.

Now considering TNT do in fact make it to Germany would Latas have the legs to run with the best of the Internationals from the likes of PORTUGAL, GERMANY, NIGERIA, BRAZIL?

Think about it. Falkirk do not exactly rank with the best in the world, and when you meeting men hailing from Serie A, Bundesliga, Premiereship you have to be on your game.
Time will tell.......

In the meantime WELCOME BACK LATAS.! Time for TNT to take care of business
GO WARRIORS!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 01:47:20 PM by grskywalker »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Fuh Jahyouth
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2005, 01:46:03 PM »
Whey allyuh now?  eh?  whey allyuh?

Man haul yuh ass talkin bout haters.

Yuh see anybody on dis board say dem hate Latapy?

De fact is Latapy & Yorke did sabotage de T&T team in de last WC qualifyin attempt and people was upset about de manner in which dey did jes ups and leff de team in de lurch, especially 2 days before a must win home game against we bitter arch rivals Jamaica.

Nobody ever disrespeck or hate on Yorke or Latapy de footballers.  Everybody acknowledge and respeck what dey did fuh we in de past.

Both Yorke and Latapy was asked repeatedly to come back in spite of what went on before and both turn we down.  Dey had dey reasons and people was disappointed wit dat IN SPITE OF HOW DEY DID LEFF DE TEAM.

Latapy is my favourite T&T balla EVER but it doh remove wha he did dat time. 

I happy to see he back.  I think he can help de team...fuh a short while at least knowin full well de man is 37. 

I was one didn't want to see he or Yorke in T&T colours again as a player after how dey commit football treason in my opinion de last time.  But Yorke show me I was wrong.  A man could demonstrate he commitment and for dat he have my total respeck.  He doh care whether I give it or not but he have it same way.

Latas will always be Latas for me and I hope that he can help us achieve de dream.  But even if is fuh pure nostalgia purposes, it right and fitting dat we 2 most famous footballers ever are there to help us try and achieve de dream.

So padnah....if yuh tink dat is hate.....hate on.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 01:48:37 PM by Tallman »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2005, 01:46:12 PM »
Well Well, the Magician is back! This is surely the boost in morale the team could definitely use, since Beene is demanding more of a die hard effort from the squad..

Someone raised the point of "disarray in the camp", cyar do dat dred, any man (Whitley, Spann, Theo and Birchall) on dat squad now has had the opportunity to run ting in de middle of the park, to limited success..so if yuh have to take a seat to TnT ALL TIME GREATEST...then it en have a bit ah shame in dat ....instead be a professional and learn learn something ...

De man I feel will be affected de most is Whitley...Spann has proven himself (we will be mentioning him in 'similar' light as we do Latas in 10yrs) ....

For Guatemala

Jack
 Dog Avery

Sancho Wolfe
 Spann

Edwards # 10 Whitley

Yorke Jones

Question: HOW GUATEMALA BEATING DAT SIDE!!!!!!!????????

Sealey for Jones (70')
Birchall for Edwards (70')
Stern for Latas (75') ... drop Yorke into the midfield.

Set up looks good on paper.. Beenie should take ah ready!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyuh send a thank you email to Lattas one time. Make him feel the vibe.
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2005, 02:00:39 PM »
Flood them with thank you emails.  Short and sweet.

This is the email address:

post@falkirkfc.co.uk

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2005, 02:07:20 PM »
all i can say is from all the bitching and begging and pleading and complaining about latapy on this board, that it actually turns up to be true on a random day is a shock!like this board have some power! ;)

seriously,where do i begin? i love to have him back even though he dissed us because he is the type of player we need in our midfield desperately. with that said hes an asshole for coming back now! where were you in June?? any other team i would never allow a player to just walk in so, but such is t he state of our midfield that we cannot do anything but accept him back hoping he is the missing link.
i also feel he sees how bad a yr falkirk is going to have and decided his only fun this yr would be with wcq.
man i can go on about this. bottom line is he dissed and any other team u dont take him back, but with tnt i am ecstatic to see what he can bring.
OH LAWWD......
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 02:20:34 PM by supporter »
Hart for president

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2005, 02:25:35 PM »
RASS Mass- Is a high Mass in the stadium Sat 3rd. Like the Messiah of T&T football has decided to bring Salvation.
The Prodigal son has return and Jack has killed the fattest calf for him.
What a feast that will be in the stadium- Guatemala will be sulking and will hope to get some crumbs from the master's table.

What am I doing here in Florida.
SWEET T&T- What an Independence gift to the people.
Jack for PM.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2005, 02:31:08 PM »
All hale the king of Trinidad is back I really thought he was not coming back hope its not too late.   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2005, 02:46:10 PM »
I've seen a fair bit of his play for Falkirk, and yes he can offer a substantial amount of creativity to the Socawarriors.  Problem.... the man does play 90 mins fuh Falkirk and he is fitter than you may think but he aint no Roy Keane...he does fade in and out of games and defence isn't really a skill he has mastered.

I'm glad he is back though...yuh have to weigh up what we need most, to score goals or not to concede them? At this moment I think the former is a bigger priority and if Beenie gonna continue to persist with Stern we will need a player who can literally 'serve it up on a plate' to the porkyone! Nobody else has managed it.

Here is a shot of how the old fella looking now

and one of him in action

« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 03:43:54 PM by Rodney »

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2005, 03:09:19 PM »
I real glad at least we seeing some proactive thinking from the management team.  Something we never see before.  Latas may not last a full 90 as we have seen him play but, his presence on the field will be priceless.  Ah buy mih ticket arready! 

Win or lose, at least dis management doing better work than previous administrations.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2005, 03:28:09 PM »
I real glad at least we seeing some proactive thinking from the management team.  Something we never see before.  Latas may not last a full 90 as we have seen him play but, his presence on the field will be priceless.  Ah buy mih ticket arready! 

Win or lose, at least dis management doing better work than previous administrations.

I feel we are getting carried away. You could call bringing back Latapy at the eleventh hour many things but not proactive.

If they had sorted out their differences before the Hex maybe but not after six games done gone. It is not as if we don't know what Latapy and Yorke had to offer, and if they weren't good enough based on football reasons a year ago I can't see them being any better now.

So it obvious that it's something else (on both sides) that kept them out of the picture something that is now resolved. Hopefully the man can contribute and hopefully it is not too late.

I also don't know if you mean that yuh buy your ticket because Latas coming back. If that is the case then bringing back Latas is a real good piece of business for the TTFF.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2005, 03:55:25 PM »
tallest, your post make the sense so far.  Imagine not a man on the team could make a run down the line and deliver a good cross and men celebrating.  I hope beenie continue to do some scouting...cuz we definitely need more than a latapy.  Now is the time to talk up cuz I see like somebody important does be taking on what we sayin in here.  Somebody say wise lookin good? Zomora could cross a ball? tell ttfa to give them a bligh in training...let the coach see and judge; otherwise things ent lookin' as bright for trinidad as allyuh make it out.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2005, 04:03:24 PM »
Ey, wha' de ass just happen? Ah know ah coming in late but... I come home this morning, check de board and everything quiet no new news. Gone and take a 5 get up a lil while ago and come to check what happening now all ah seeing is a setta post about Latas coming back!!!  :o :o :o Shock!!?? Is dream I still dreaming??

Anyways, respect to Latas for takiing de chance to come back and Jack and Yorke for taking de initiative.

Ah cyah imagine what dis side go look like now. Is like ah still cyah get mih head around dis. I eh tink ah wake up good yet.

Ah hope dis is de final piece of de puzzle to take we through.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2005, 04:40:33 PM »
Warriors - the journey has now begun. Yeah we goin to praise and criticise but hey at least we trying somethin rather than sit down and get shaft. Bring on Latas and Yorke and all dem!

At the end of the day its better to say that we tried everything and failed than never to have tried at all.

My seat booked for Sept.3rd..bruds weh u deh?

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2005, 04:52:27 PM »
30 mins 45 mins I doh care it take him long enough. Yorke yuh in meh good books with this one. Stadium for sure Sept. 3rd. I know it sound bad but Latas is meh boy. I just hope that the team comes together cause we really need this win. :D ;D :)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2005, 05:38:21 PM »
I will support latapee anytime he wearing de red Black and white but otherwise he could phuk off..De only problem wid Latapee comming back is dat  dwight will play foward now and dat wil mess  de whole game up..Put Big Bwoy Glen and Jones upfront  and let latapee and York work de midfield,  big tings will happen .. let stern se how Hungry Jones and Glen is and let him dribble ..Then bring stern in wid about 3 minutes left innah de game !!!! good luck TNT.. I know TNT aint resting 5 on Guatemal but 3-1 sounds good to de I ..Good luck TNT.
Warmonga...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline kevinAckin

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2005, 05:43:19 PM »
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU LATASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2005, 05:44:30 PM »
I was previously disgruntled about Latas and Yorke. However, the commitment that i have seen in Yorke so far is exactly what we need. The other missing link is a player that can hold the ball make the killer pass. Yorke is holding the ball well but he isn't really making the killer pass. Latas can. We need his genius. We all need to get over the hurt that he has caused us and accept him back. Remember he did have to swallow some pride to make this decision.
TnT Patriot

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: LATAPY IS BACK!!! It is OFFICIAL PLEASE READ !!!
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2005, 05:45:13 PM »
Well boy !!!!!!!! like latapy read all my post and them.... I am thankful, had he not do this he would have been in my black books forever... I dont care how good he was....

Fellas lets not get to excited, Latapy is good but we still need a defensive midfielder and a left wing. Most likely Latapy will work under the strikers with Spanna and Birchall more defensive. Seabra woulda be nice on de left wing, he not great, but better that what we presently have.

Latapy I am sorry for blasting yuh,,, your country needs you and you answered, you didn't come when, and if we qualify and that you get my respect for. f**k Zamora and Samuel now.....

I love anybody who represents my country with pride. Lets hope he gives a 100%.

Sammy...nice post , nice post...........and yeah latas is still meh boy...lol but you is meh boy too....lol.....go TT

Offline triniwings

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2005, 07:15:12 PM »
LAAAAAAAAWWWWD FAAAAAAAAHDAAAA :o.........AH FEELIN' WEAK....... ???

dis is too good to be true.  This is just the kind of player we need to boost our squad.

He might be old, and not as physically fit, but he damn better dan all ah dem midfielders we have, even as a substitute.  He will create more for our strikers, and hopefully his tactical awareness will add value to the team as a result of his coachuing stint.

He may not work miracles, but he will make a difference.

Jack

Cyd               Sancho               Dog            Avery

Birchall/Whitley

Carlos                       Latapy                       Spann

Yorke

Sealy

Spann seems to be the more versatile of the midfielders, he will hold down dee left.

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2005, 07:21:41 PM »
Well d little Magician is bac how much of ah difference is this move goin to make on our unspirited team is left to see on September 3rd.What i wanna noe is who Beenie goin to organise his defense that could've hardly kept up with the pace of the Americans in the game against the speedy Guatemalans.

For me personally after watchin all of the WCQ so far the starting 11 should b in the guatemala game should b

Marlon Rojas                   Marvin Andrews                         Avery John

Silvio Spann           Chris Bircall           Russell Latapy           Aurtis Whitley

Dwight Yorke

Cornell Glen                           Kenwyne Jones
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: LATAPY IS BACK!!! It is OFFICIAL PLEASE READ !!!
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2005, 08:15:41 PM »

Latapy I am sorry for blasting yuh,,, your country needs you and you answered, you didn't come when, and if we qualify and that you get my respect for. f**k Zamora and Samuel now.....

I love anybody who represents my country with pride. Lets hope he gives a 100%.

Nice to see u were man enough to apologise tuh de general, yuh get real points in my book sam!  :)
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2005, 08:17:31 PM »
MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont care what nobody say...this is history in the making and I will be therer God willing to see it come true...WELCOME BACK LATAS!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2005, 09:16:51 PM »
It late and ah still singing meh government boots song

Latapy Boots

Is it necessary for Guatemala to take more points from we?

NOOOOOO  NOOOOO  NOOOOO  NOOOOO

Is it necessary to be weak in midfield when we have Latapy

Answer!

We'll don't tell me tell Beenie
He promise we Germany
Latapy Back...Yorke on the attack
We'll stop them Chipnas from scoring

I seeing boots boots boots and more boots
Beenie find we some more goal hungry recruits
I seeing boots boots boots and more boots
Stadium packed with threaten fans to boot

Tell Yorke i say..that's a good move
Tell Beenie man let Latas play
And tell Stern John if he come of the bench
Doh worry man just start back scoring

Beat left..fake right
Is Latapy Boots...Is Latapy Boots
Beat left..fake right
Is Latapy Boots...Is Latapy Boots (repeat and Fade out  :D)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2005, 10:55:40 PM »
So it obvious that it's something else (on both sides) that kept them out of the picture something that is now resolved. Hopefully the man can contribute and hopefully it is not too late.

Any idea what is  that something else?  And how was it resolved?i

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2005, 12:37:48 AM »
Latapy with a healthy Dwight and a world class coach should equal to success. Now we should see an increase in shots and more quality possession. Latas will also mentor the youths on the team as he is presently doing at Falkirk.

Doh forget this man was rated number 33 in the worldrankings even thoigh dey say he was never committed and disciplined.

ah went to a spanish restauraunt and a pardnah introduce me to Enzo Fransescoli ( the Uruguayan legend and star at River Plate= now part owner of GOL TV)_ and he told me that Latas was one of the best midfielders along with Valderamma that he ever saw.

tHANKS FOR RETURNING AND WE WISH YOU HEALTH AND SUCCESS!!

DIS IS A GOOD TING

Offline Consultant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2005, 02:02:09 AM »
I have seen latas play - year in year out since he was at Hibs. All I have to say is that latapy is an INTELLIGENT player. He reads the ball well - and runs rings round the scotish premiership week in week out.

He will be wanted - and I dont think its too late for him to make his return.

1]; } ?>