April 25, 2024, 11:52:42 PM

Author Topic: Who is your top 3 goalies, is Rena one of them?  (Read 4152 times)

giggsy11

Who is your top 3 goalies, is Rena one of them?
« on: November 16, 2007, 03:54:17 PM »
 Sky Sports News 

Carra - Reina's one of the best
Reina: One of the best
Jamie Carragher has rated Liverpool team-mate Jose Reina as one of the top three goalkeepers in the world.
Reina has impressed hugely at Anfield since joining the club in 2005 from Villarreal and is the club's undisputed No.1.
Reds defender Carragher is in no doubt as to the credentials of the Spaniard, whose form has prompted England new boy Scott Carson to discuss a permanent deal at Aston Villa.

"I've always thought Pepe is a great goalkeeper," said Carragher. "I have been here at Liverpool a long time now and he is the best keeper I've played with.
Trust "He has beaten some records at this club already and that is testimony to what a top -class goalkeeper he is. "For me he is in the top three in the world. I think Cech, Buffon and Pepe are the best around and you can put them in any order you want, there is not much difference between them. "It is great as a defender to have a goalkeeper you can trust and who you know you can rely on. "I think if we were nervous about the goalkeeper and worried that any mistake you made would end up as a goal, then it would affect your play."

Chow what do you have to say about this? LOL!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who is your top 3 goalies, is Rena one of them?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 03:56:57 PM »
in order

1) Cech
2) Casillas
3) Buffon

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 04:03:47 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 05:05:54 PM »
My order:

1. Buffon
2. Cech
3. Casillas

Other notables:  Van De Sar, Reina, Lehman, Kahn (still very good), Friedel, Frey (should be the French # 1, if you ask me), Julio Caesar (best of the Brazilian lot, if you ask me)

Reina is doing well in a league where Latin keepers have been known to flop, and his range on crosses has improved since he joined pool; he holds more than he punches now.  He also gets some time for Spain, and that says a lot. 

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 05:07:32 PM »
These English always ratin up their players as best in the world when what they really mean is best in England.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 05:39:06 PM »
My order:

1. Buffon
2. Cech
3. Casillas

Other notables:  Van De Sar, Reina, Lehman, Kahn (still very good), Friedel, Frey (should be the French # 1, if you ask me), Julio Caesar (best of the Brazilian lot, if you ask me)

Reina is doing well in a league where Latin keepers have been known to flop, and his range on crosses has improved since he joined pool; he holds more than he punches now.  He also gets some time for Spain, and that says a lot. 

buffon is no 1 hands down

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 05:44:52 PM »
1. Buffon
2. Casillas
3. Cech

best i've seen, can't rate Cech over Casillas because he usually has an excellent defense in front of him where as Real's defense well.... :busshead:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 06:17:38 PM »
Peter Schmeichel  :beermug: will always be the best
Edwin Vandersar
Kaper Schmeichel

:devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 10:02:32 PM »
(1) Buffon

(2nd place tie) Casillas      Cech

Honourable mentions: 

Brad Freidel

Carlos Kameni and Igor Akinfeev are two of the BEST of the "younger" Gk's in Europe

Julio Cesar is one of the BEST in Europe right now and the UNDISPUTABLE Brazilian No. 1!

EvDS

As much as I am a Chelsea fan and I like Petr Cech (And Carlo Cudiccini) I have to give the Title to Buffon.  I never liked that Cech does "guess" his way through penalty kicks and I cannot ever recall seeing Buffon concede up any "jumbie" goal.  Any goal score on Buffon, you can rest assured is one that no other 'keeper woulda save.  It is hard to separate Cech and Casillas but if I had to Casillas is likely to get the nod.  He gets more work to do and has been called upon to perform more miracles for Real Madrid than Cech has for Chelsea.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 11:03:00 PM »
1. Buffon
2. Cassias
3. Ochoa
4. Cech

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 02:50:11 AM »
1st (tie)Buffon/Cech
3rd Casillas

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 08:51:35 AM »
Reina is an excellent keeper, but even in the EPL I not sure if he is the top 3.

In the EPL I would put Cech, Friedel, Anti Niemi, David James (of the past 2 seasons) and Shay Given ahead of Reina

My world top 3 is Buffon, Cech, Casillas

Props for giggsy11 for mentioning Ochoa. Best young keeper in the world.

No props to giggsy11 for spelling Reina wrong in the title ???
come nah man...is true we lax on de site. But is yuh title..and the man name have 5 letters..lol ;D

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 09:01:24 AM »
de man put david james in front reina yes..    :mackdaddy:

my order:

1. Buffon
2. Casillas
3. Cech

Was a tough one to separate Cech from Casillas.. On the one hand, I find casillas only weakness is he does flap at crosses on the odd occasion, but i ent see enough of him this season to say whether he work that out.. on the other hand, cech dont get no setta work to do with that best defence in front of him. his first epl season was the phenomenal one where he really show what an excellent keeper he was.. but casillas is the most athletic keeper around, and de kinda miracles he was pulling off with that sour defence in front of him, i have to give it to him...

i see a man call kameni, but he been a promising young gk for a long time now and yet to fulfill potential.. i see him have some horrible games for espanyol mix in with the great ones..

i watching that ochoa guy from mexico too, he does keep in europe?

i also find doni from roma looking real good these days too for club and country.. he pull off some great saves for brazil in de copa america.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 09:18:28 AM by omarldinho »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2007, 09:17:27 AM »
de man put david james in front reina yes..   :smoking:

hahaha..dais why I put in brackets for the last 2 seasons. sorry but the man was the best keeper in the EPL last season and having a brilliant season this year so far. So I guve him props. Boss..if de English press could call for James to start again for England..yuh know the man resurrect himself miraculously, cuz nutten dy liked better than to kill de man.

I knew I was going to get some talks for DJ..lol. Big up Calamity James ;D

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 09:26:51 AM »
de man put david james in front reina yes..   :smoking:

hahaha..dais why I put in brackets for the last 2 seasons. sorry but the man was the best keeper in the EPL last season and having a brilliant season this year so far. So I guve him props. Boss..if de English press could call for James to start again for England..yuh know the man resurrect himself miraculously, cuz nutten dy liked better than to kill de man.

I knew I was going to get some talks for DJ..lol. Big up Calamity James ;D

england ent nowhere to look for keepers breds... who de ass is de english press anyway?

i could call about 8 keepers playing in italy, all ah dem better than james.. you think any top 10 side in italy would start a david james??

lemme show u a scene about keeping in the EPL.. If you have experience in that league, and know how the ball does run, and how the refs does call, yuh could be a star.. that is why man like seaman, nigel martyn, david james, robinson does get rate up like best ting and then pop down on international level.. Conversely, that is why foreign keepers have probs adjusting when they just reach.. Even Reina and Cech find out the hard way.. yuh know what it is yuh running out to collect a cross and duncan ferguson bearing down at 90, level yuh like ah steamroller and ref bawl play on?!

and the only reason the english press calling for him to sweat for the national team (mind you the same english press that put donkey ears on him and plaster him on de back page), is because it ent have nobody else.. Robinson in a mess, after that is scott carson, and then ben foster who injured and cant even start for his club, robert green and then nobody else...

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 10:18:10 AM »

apparently we are winning the race to sign him...   found that out a few weeks back

"Ochoa recently revealed that Manchester United expressed interest in his services and revealed the possibility of emigrating to the Premier League at the end of the year. The Telegraph stated that he is keen on a move to Old Trafford and would command a £7.5m transfer fee. United manager Sir Alex Ferguson sees Ochoa, 21, as an able replacement for veteran keeper Edwin van der Sar, who, at 37, is nearing the end of his playing career. Although he has Ben Foster, who impressed at Watford on loan, he currently is suffering from a cruciate knee ligament problem, they need a back-up. Ochoa said, "There have been people scouting me and I have been approached and have had talks. They (Man Utd) are a great team and it is possible something will be done."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillermo_Ochoa

giggsy11

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 01:52:17 PM »
Reina is an excellent keeper, but even in the EPL I not sure if he is the top 3.

In the EPL I would put Cech, Friedel, Anti Niemi, David James (of the past 2 seasons) and Shay Given ahead of Reina

come nah man...is true we lax on de site. But is yuh title..and the man name have 5 letters..lol ;D

LOL, thanks Filho, you give it and you take it! Cheers!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 02:12:58 PM »

LOL, thanks Filho, you give it and you take it! Cheers!

heheh. watch me go and spell Pele name wrong next week  :beermug:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 06:42:59 PM »

my order:

1. Buffon
2. Casillas
3. Cech

Was a tough one to separate Cech from Casillas.. On the one hand, I find casillas only weakness is he does flap at crosses on the odd occasion, but i ent see enough of him this season to say whether he work that out.. on the other hand, cech dont get no setta work to do with that best defence in front of him. his first epl season was the phenomenal one where he really show what an excellent keeper he was.. but casillas is the most athletic keeper around, and de kinda miracles he was pulling off with that sour defence in front of him, i have to give it to him...

i see a man call kameni, but he been a promising young gk for a long time now and yet to fulfill potential.. i see him have some horrible games for espanyol mix in with the great ones..

i also find doni from roma looking real good these days too for club and country.. he pull off some great saves for brazil in de copa america.

Nah, Omar, Kameni is what they say he is.  The man have reflexes and agility like no other 'keeper out dey.....but when you consider how inconsistent Espanyol is as a team, it's only inevitable that he will have a bad game or two.  Ah glad yuh mention Doni, too, as I remember when I found out he was Brazilian and had posted something about that.........before the seven-goal debacle at the hands of manUre.  But he is still a talented young fella.....just not talented enough to unseat Julio Cesar for Brazil's No. 1.  :beermug:

1. Buffon
2. Cassias
3. Ochoa
4. Cech

As fuh you, "giggsy" look how your hate fuh Chelsea could cloud your objectivity eh!  I was always rating Oswaldo Sanchez as arguably the Number one 'keeper in CONCACAF over the past couple o' years and I see how Ochoa come and depose the man from he Mexican throne, so, I was agreeably surprised to see that happen.  The boy is a very talented 'keeper........but he eh better than Petr Cech.  No way!!.......watch dat!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 07:40:17 PM »

my order:

1. Buffon
2. Casillas
3. Cech

Nah, Omar, Kameni is what they say he is.  The man have reflexes and agility like no other 'keeper out dey.....but when you consider how inconsistent Espanyol is as a team, it's only inevitable that he will have a bad game or two.  Ah glad yuh mention Doni, too, as I remember when I found out he was Brazilian and had posted something about that.........before the seven-goal debacle at the hands of manUre.  But he is still a talented young fella.....just not talented enough to unseat Julio Cesar for Brazil's No. 1.  :beermug:

1. Buffon
2. Cassias
3. Ochoa
4. Cech

As fuh you, "giggsy" look how your hate fuh Chelsea could cloud your objectivity eh!  I was always rating Oswaldo Sanchez as arguably the Number one 'keeper in CONCACAF over the past couple o' years and I see how Ochoa come and depose the man from he Mexican throne, so, I was agreeably surprised to see that happen.  The boy is a very talented 'keeper........but he eh better than Petr Cech.  No way!!.......watch dat!

LOL! Yuh get meh! Cech should be above him. LOL! Just checkin tuh see if yuh still for Chelski!

1]; } ?>