March 28, 2024, 02:52:14 AM

Author Topic: TFA invites 23 players for training  (Read 3382 times)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
TFA invites 23 players for training
« on: November 16, 2007, 04:18:33 PM »
The TFA has invited 23 players to prepare for Wednesday friendly against the Guyana National team. The player are to meet at the Dwight Yorke Stadium Saturday at 3:00pm. Following Sundays' final round of games, the players would have two training sessions - Monday and Tuesday. The short-listed players are:

Goalkeepers

Michael Alfred
Sheehan Warner
Jeffrey Delpeche

Defenders

Jeromie Williams
Makesi Jackson
Kevern Murphy
Simon Nedd
Dave Grimshaw
Downie Marcelle
Jahur Martin
Denzil James

Midfielders

Dominic McDougall
Kevin Keith
Sellon Gray
Shelton Williams
Michael Carrington
Kino Proctor
Kwesi Beckles
Trevin Caesar

Strikers

Kayode Legall
Keon Samuel
Leandro Williams
Daniel Cyrus
Live large and prosper!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TFA invites 23 players for training
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 04:29:28 PM »
Nice to see Daniel cyrus getting a run with big men, he looks to be a hard working youth.  Kayode Legall is listed as Guyanese on the Tobago United line up, how he go represent Tobago.  Unless is a casual thing to give players experience
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 05:01:43 PM »
Where is Duane Murray the player Doc talked so highly about.

Michael Carrington a midfielder now.

Like Tobago make Guyanese striker Kayode Legall a Tobagonian now...

Imagine Tobago making use of the international break and we national team aint even in training. I guess the TTFF depending on the Shaka Hislop tribute cup to get our local players fit.

Doc, any players from your team make this side.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 05:10:08 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 05:08:54 PM »
I wonder if FIFA would recognise the TFA and then they invite players from both Trinidad and Tobago and therefore BLANK TTFF and their "Special Advisor"  ;D

I know I know
I can DREAM can't I ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 05:35:45 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 09:47:47 PM »

Like Tobago make Guyanese striker Kayode Legall a Tobagonian now...

Imagine Tobago making use of the international break and we national team aint even in training. I guess the TTFF depending on the Shaka Hislop tribute cup to get our local players fit.

There isn't any science involved. My belief is that this development was on short notice, and the selections were made by the coach who on information and belief had not seen many games. The selections could have been influenced by familiarity and availability also.

Duane would be in my team. Carrington plays as an attacking midfielder/playmaker for his team. I 'll see if I can find out from Kayode what the real story about his status is.

There are two players from Roxborough Lakers in the squad: Sellon Gray (Cyd's younger brother) and Kwasi Beckles.
Live large and prosper!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 11:26:20 AM »
I wonder if FIFA would recognise the TFA and then they invite players from both Trinidad and Tobago and therefore BLANK TTFF and their "Special Advisor"  ;D

I know I know
I can DREAM can't I ;)

Harvey Jack for TTFF president - seems he's the only one organizing anything these days

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 01:53:24 PM »
I know I know
I can DREAM can't I ;)
Harvey Jack for TTFF president - seems he's the only one organizing anything these days
BIG UP Harvey Jack :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
but doh get TOO GOOD as it has been seen before
Jackula go sabotage ya ass.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 05:49:46 PM »

Like Tobago make Guyanese striker Kayode Legall a Tobagonian now

There isn't any science involved. My belief is that this development was on short notice, and the selections were made by the coach who on information and belief had not seen many games. The selections could have been influenced by familiarity and availability also.

Duane would be in my team. Carrington plays as an attacking midfielder/playmaker for his team. I 'll see if I can find out from Kayode what the real story about his status is.

There are two players from Roxborough Lakers in the squad: Sellon Gray (Cyd's younger brother) and Kwasi Beckles.
I spoke to "Kayo" this evening, and he stated that the "rumours" aren't true. He is a born an bred Tobagonian from Castara.
Live large and prosper!

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 04:01:52 AM »
Chaos in TFA squad ahead of the game. There has been a number of no shows at the training sessions, and a few players lamented at the quality of some of the players in attendance. Things are looking quite ominous.

Notable no shows were: Carrington (Stokely Vale), Keon Price, Kino Proctor, Jaromie Williams, Trevin Caesar, Densyl James (Coaching School), Kevern Murphy, Jahur Martin (Unifiers). 
Live large and prosper!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 04:09:23 AM »
yeah i always knew kayo was from bago, not 2 sure u can play in tfa if your not a tnt citizen...............not too suprised with the training attendenance. dont know wat them yutes does want
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 04:18:25 AM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 04:23:16 AM »
From what I understand, Coaching School's players are averse to participation under a coach other than their own. Unifier is said to be feeling hard done by the TFA's decision to award their abandoned game to Coaching School robbing them of the title which they lost by one point. They brought in a few high schoolers from Mason Hall who looked out of their depth. Today's game kicks off at 6:00pm, and would be preceeded by the girls' intercol final between Signal Hill and Roxborough Compositewhich kicks off at 4:00pm.
Live large and prosper!

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 07:57:13 PM »
Results

TFA 1 (L. Williams 27 min) v Guyana 2 (N. Codrington 30 min, 53min)
Live large and prosper!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 05:22:14 AM »
Chaos in TFA squad ahead of the game. There has been a number of no shows at the training sessions, and a few players lamented at the quality of some of the players in attendance. Things are looking quite ominous.

Notable no shows were: Carrington (Stokely Vale), Keon Price, Kino Proctor, Jaromie Williams, Trevin Caesar, Densyl James (Coaching School), Kevern Murphy, Jahur Martin (Unifiers).

This is not good and I am surprise Michael Carrington is still very in-disciplined. Rene Simoes drop he from de team in a heart beat. These Tobago players really doh give a shit or maybe they wanted money....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 10:43:37 AM »
Will Tobago play more international friendlies ?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2007, 02:25:50 PM »
Then dey go say they eh gettin a fair shake from d TTFF. They eh turning up 4 TFa but want to get call up 4 national duty. LOUD STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>