March 28, 2024, 11:50:36 PM

Author Topic: Latapy vs Kenwyne, Dwight and Carlos  (Read 6849 times)

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy vs Kenwyne, Dwight and Carlos
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 06:04:42 PM »
AS i stated in my post by this post came up , Dwight Yorke has a calf injury and Edwards has a shoulder injury
so neither of them will be playing in the match
ONLY JONES

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Keane could give Latas a one year deal after this game
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2007, 01:29:24 PM »
http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=13605

By Nick Alexander

Roy Keane reckons tonight's game against Falkirk, a testimonial for Andy Lawrie, will have a competitive edge.

Keane agreed to take part in the game when asked two months ago because he believed it would act as a good work-out for his players ahead of the international break.

And the Sunderland boss is treating it seriously, with 12 of his travelling 16-man squad being senior players.

He said: "We get asked a lot if we can get involved in this type of game. We looked at this one, saw it was a couple of days before the free weekend and thought it was a decent game.

"We'll go up there with a strong squad and pay our respects to the player, we're looking forward to it.

"The lad [Andy Lawrie] deserves a testimonial. He was at the club for 11 years and loyalty seems to be going out of the game these days. I've been to Falkirk before, it's a good club, I went to watch a game just before we got Stokesy [who spent a time on-loan at Falkirk].

"Hopefully the lad will get a good turnout and maybe a few Sunderland fans will travel up because the likes of Deano [Dean Whitehead] and Coley are playing.

"We'll prepare as well as we can. I do like these games to be competitive and hopefully the Falkirk lads will be the same. I certainly won't be getting my boots out - I don't know where they are!"

Visit safc.com tonight for a full report on the game.

And don't forget, we will bring you reaction and footage from the Falkirk Stadium on SAFC TV tomorrow.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Keane could give Latas a one year deal after this game
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2007, 02:36:43 PM »
Madness its just gonna be a game and thats it Latas comfortable where he is.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2007, 05:12:07 PM »
De game end 1-1.

CLICK HERE for the Sunderland report
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2007, 05:40:31 PM »
De game end 1-1.

CLICK HERE for the Sunderland report

Niceness
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2007, 07:49:11 PM »
Fantastic.....oi...my brain cells eh dat bad....yorke get 7 from the master
Nah BM, add 3 more to that tally, latas and sutton run ring around yorke and hutchinson, and if i not misstaken clint marcell was on the team no ? but any way i was in the stadium for that drubbing. 10 -0

Yorke never played against sando tech, not 100% sure bout hutchi, but yorke definitely no.that team had players like jomo pitt, ceon lyne etc

Sando vs Signall hill was one of the best intercol games I have seen

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2007, 08:16:02 AM »
Anybody know if Latas play or did they do the right thing and rest his 39 year old legs?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2007, 08:38:48 AM »
Anybody know if Latas play or did they do the right thing and rest his 39 year old legs?
Yeah, he play. I doh know how long, though.

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
Sunderland Post : Subject: It was a good game (fuh de Jones waggonist)
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2007, 04:15:17 PM »
From the desk of Roy Keane
"It was exactly what we were looking for. Sometimes these games can go a bit flat but we asked the players to keep going and they did.

I'm delighted with them. We wanted to give everyone in the squad a game and we were only ever going to give Deano an hour. The temptation is always to leave him on but it would have been silly to take any risks.

I'm sure that if you'd asked Deano or Coley, they would have wanted to stay on for the 90 minutes but you have to be clever with it.

They are in the dressing room at the end and they both feel fine and it's the same with big Stan [Varga].

We have another nine days until our next game so there was no need to take any risks with the injured players.

I knew that Falkirk would play some good football and that their lads would work hard, it was a good game and I thought a draw was a fair result.

We travelled up here tonight and we're pleased that it was a decent night - the players coming back from injuries got good workouts.

There are no real injuries - everyone came through the game and hopefully one or two will give me a [selection] headache for next week [at Everton].

The introduction of the three young lads [Waghorn, Henderson and Hourihane] gave us a bit of a boost. They have got young legs and energy. The young lads would have been looking at the senior players and I thought they set the tone very well.

We have another game organised for Tuesday, we are playing Chesterfeld, and we'll consider over the weekend who will play in that, we'll see if there's any reaction first.

Kenwyne is not a bad sub to bring on. Maybe it was a risk - it was cold night an he didn't do too much of a warm up but he wanted to get involved and he caused them one or two problems.

For a change the result didn't really matter. The injured players coming back, the attitude of our lads and the opportunity for young players to get involved in the first team - they were the most important things.

Thanks for your support.
Roy Keane"

1]; } ?>