48 (28.6%)
Yes
42 (25%)
Give him time
63 (37.5%)
Assistant only
15 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Author Topic: Russell Latapy Thread  (Read 247905 times)

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tell Russell Thanks...
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2006, 12:59:20 PM »
I was just reading all the other posts and tears act like they want to come out of meh eyes.......thanks for everything that you have given me and the people of Trinidad and Tobago...thanks for making us proud to be born in the twin island republic......you are truly the greatest football player ever to come out of T&T....someone said something about saving the best for last well I hope that rings through for you.......I'm sorry I wont be there to witness your last game on home soil but best of look today and in the future and you have my full support to be the next T&T coach

God Bless

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2006, 01:11:19 PM »
Big Magican beat meh to it....Skinner Park North V South sometime waaay back in de day.....lil boy....afro bigger than de rest of his body....creating magic with de people football......ah eh know if ah remember dis or if it really happen....but(ah believe) he take ah penalty, and kick it like a big man......that was de start for me....de rest as dey...is history....give thanks Russell Latapy, good luck in Germany, can't wait to see you in charge of de SocaWarriors after you retire...BLESS.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2006, 01:13:06 PM »
ah feel dey hadda delete this thread yes......this thread have a big man gettin' real emotional in de office everytime I revisit it....... :-\
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2006, 01:45:58 PM »
Unfortunately I will not be in T&T to see the Great Latapy do his final dance at the stadium.. When I lived in T&T I would go to every game the National team played, always made the extra effort when Latas would be playing. Watching you grace the fields have not only brought joy to me and my family, but to a nation and many others in numerous countries. You are a truly in a class by yourself, and wish you the most heartfelt thanx.
I will see you grace the WC fields in Germany...

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2006, 02:15:58 PM »
Well allyuh bring meh out!
As a man who watching football in oval and stadium since the 80's I have to say I am a child of the Latapy era.
From watching him disect the US defence while being bullied by much bigger players in Torrance California in the 1-1 draw in 1989; to seeing him give a Guatemalan defender a wrong address just before slotting the ball home to equalize just last year in the Stadium, the man has shown that his class on a football field is God-given and no man can take it away.
Watching his interview with Andre Baptiste last night, I am certain that his love of football is the main reason for his being back with us. Let's face it, Russel owes everything to football, and not to Trinidad and Tobago. We, on the other hand, as patriatic football fans, owe quite a bit to Russel Latapy!
God bless and good luck in the future.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2006, 02:30:05 PM »
I will always be a fan of Russell Latapy the greatest all round footballer Trini has seen. I met Russell a couple of times back in the day through my other buddy Colin Rocke, when they were preparing the under 23 squad back in the 80's.
That team was so incredibly talented, too bad we did not have a Beenhaker around to guide them. Who can also remember that Sado Tech, Signal Hill clash in the Stadium, wow! that was one exciting game and one of the few times the stadium got close to filled.

Russell has done us proud time and time again for the last 20 yrs and will never be replaced, his service has been invaluable, despite his and Dwight's walk out, they have come back one more timeĀ  and reached the stars. All good things come to an end and we look forward to June where your genius and knowledge of this game will come full circle and you will stand shoulder to shoulder with the world's best and hold your own.

STANDING OVATION TO YOU RUSSELLĀ  :applause: :applause: :applause: :notworthy: :notworthy:

NOW GO OUT THERE AND VIBES IT UP!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 02:47:08 PM by grskywalker »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2006, 02:35:55 PM »
Well allyuh bring meh out!
As a man who watching football in oval and stadium since the 80's I have to say I am a child of the Latapy era.
From watching him disect the US defence while being bullied by much bigger players in Torrance California in the 1-1 draw in 1989; to seeing him give a Guatemalan defender a wrong address just before slotting the ball home to equalize just last year in the Stadium, the man has shown that his class on a football field is God-given and no man can take it away.
Watching his interview with Andre Baptiste last night, I am certain that his love of football is the main reason for his being back with us. Let's face it, Russel owes everything to football, and not to Trinidad and Tobago. We, on the other hand, as patriatic football fans, owe quite a bit to Russel Latapy!
God bless and good luck in the future.

Larrd !!!! De big swima has spoken..we know it serious when we could bring him out of the woodwork......I not sure if you could separate football & Trinidad/Tobago in the case of Latapy.....but you're right..we owe the little magician alot......I hope the turn-out tonight is good....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2006, 02:41:09 PM »
Thanks latas for the great things you have done to our football, to me you are the best player that we have ever produced .HAVE A GREAT WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2006, 02:46:02 PM »
Thank you Latas.  Still my favourite T&T footballer and in my top 5 favourite footballers of all time.  It was a privilege to watch you as you first started out, into your prime and to this day.  Best wishes and blessings to you and your family and hoping to see you as T&T national Coach in the very near future!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2006, 02:49:01 PM »
Sorry to say ah reading the posts and is like tears filling up in meh eye that he going  :'( :'(

RUSSELL YOU ARE THE BIG DOG !!!!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2006, 02:51:17 PM »
i love this thread.

LATAAAAAASSSS.....

you are the boss. pure and simple. God bless.
i could go on and on...but i leaving it short cuz words will never capture the magic of Latas

check de flickin' danger

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2006, 03:17:21 PM »
I will always be a fan of Russell Latapy the greatest all round footballer Trini has seen. I met Russell a couple of times back in the day through my other buddy Colin Rocke, when they were preparing the under 23 squad back in the 80's.
That team was so incredibly talented, too bad we did not have a Beenhaker around to guide them. Who can also remember that Sado Tech, Signal Hill clash in the Stadium, wow! that was one exciting game and one of the few times the stadium got close to filled.

Russell has done us proud time and time again for the last 20 yrs and will never be replaced, his service has been invaluable, despite his and Dwight's walk out, they have come back one more time  and reached the stars. All good things come to an end and we look forward to June where your genius and knowledge of this game will come full circle and you will stand shoulder to shoulder with the world's best and hold your own.

STANDING OVATION TO YOU RUSSELL  :applause: :applause: :applause: :notworthy: :notworthy:

NOW GO OUT THERE AND VIBES IT UP!!!!!!!

grskywalker ...this one is both a tear jerker and a pores raiser. thanks

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2006, 03:28:37 PM »
THANK YOU RUSSELL..... FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE...IN REPRESENTING TRINIDAD  AND  TOBAGO TO THE FULLEST

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2006, 04:42:27 PM »
Thanks for the memories..and the possibilities, Latas. Will always remember him and that BIG A$$ AFRO, in that Under 16 tournament in the '80's . Thats when I realize that we have BIG, BIG, BIG, ballers in Trinidad. Waaaaaaaaay above average.

Thanks for everything breds...
Two islands are better than one.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2006, 04:54:13 PM »
LATAPY.....4 :applause: EVER
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2006, 05:14:00 PM »
russel ah man tell meh ah does beat too much and yuh name came to mind cause he also said if i didnt get off the pass he woulda sub meh.fire bun de rest yuh is the best footballer ever

you teach me the art of involving beating in the game and making it look good.

thank you for making football a game to watch and play :beermug:

if they start cloning men yuh on top ah my list

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2006, 05:19:17 PM »
Thanks Latapy.... for everything!! You will be missed!  :beermug:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2006, 05:22:47 PM »
10... :applause:

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2006, 05:27:08 PM »
thank you Latas

Offline lp

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2006, 05:56:57 PM »
RUSSELL   LATAPY

Thanks for the memories. God bless and all the best in the future.

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2006, 06:37:27 PM »
Thanks for all the memories and always being a class act.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2006, 06:40:33 PM »
Latas thanks for all de good memories...thxs for coming back tuh play for we and help us get to de BIGGEST stage for football.

Yuh make me proud tuh be ah Trini.

Yuh legend will live on, ah go be telling me great grand children about yuh one day.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2006, 07:52:05 PM »
yea thanks man... to me will always be one of the best players i ever see... this one is for you   :chilling:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2006, 08:17:36 PM »
retire da shirt yes.....

LATAPY
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2006, 08:19:28 PM »
Big praises and thanks fo rthe leadership , legacy and heart.
Latapy for coach 2010. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2006, 09:17:31 PM »
retire da shirt yes.....

LATAPY
Nice Idea !! Does anyone second it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2006, 09:40:42 PM »
Thank you Latas from the under 16 tournament in 1983 to the last game tonight it has been a joy. The games against Guatemala in 89 when you and Kerry Jamerson made me scream. thank you for coming out of retirement so I came out of retirement.

See you in Germany and yes retire the number 10 unless 1 of your children wants it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2006, 10:25:03 PM »
BIG UP TO LATAS!!!!
THANKS FUH DA MEMORIES & COMING BACK TO HELP US ACHIEVE OUR FIRST WORLD CUP EVER!!!!

TRINI FUH LIFE!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2006, 10:46:01 PM »
retire da shirt yes.....

LATAPY
Nice Idea !! Does anyone second it?

SECONDED, THIRDED, AND 1.3 MILLIONED!!!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2006, 01:22:15 AM »
thanks mr latapy....my favourite trinidad & tobago player . .. and a great footballer. . thanks for all de memories. . . blessed love. .
allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

1]; } ?>