48 (28.6%)
Yes
42 (25%)
Give him time
63 (37.5%)
Assistant only
15 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Author Topic: Russell Latapy Thread  (Read 247899 times)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
anyone like to see his goal ..... Latapy Free Kick   ;)

courtesy of 1876Bairn at thefansclips.com

Come On Ye Bairns  ;D

Thanks Ned. Dat was world class.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How come nobody eh put up a list of games for today and the scores???

Wahpen, de moderators and dem have family and thing 2 yuh know, it must be dey day off.  ;)
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Well done latas!!!!!

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
How come nobody eh put up a list of games for today and the scores???

Coventry lost 2-1  Stern play 61mins ..did not score ......come on haters do all yuh ting ?

Latas Big Big Player always
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 09:43:19 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
respect for the video
but like that tape on a slinky or pogo stick
JESUS CHRIST

Més que un club.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
respect for the video
but like that tape on a slinky or pogo stick
JESUS CHRIST

All yuh have tuh do is jump up and down too while yuh watching it and yuh will see it clear!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline madmonn

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Congrats to Latas.....Big player

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
well done well done :applause:

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Some break stick in yuh tongue ah wha? 

Why de hate padnah?

Long live the KING!

steups

Offline MickBairn

• New Warrior
  • The Wee Magician
    • View Profile
Latas was fantastic yesterday, he controlled the game from start to finish, like a true magician ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Great way to start the week of celebrations for your birthday.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
..............and to think.......men wanted to seriously argue wit me, and actually defend Leo's decision...........not to give Russell #*@^%$ing Latapy, Arguably (if yuh REALLY FEEL like arguing) Trinidad's greatest player EVER, no more than 24 minutes of playing time in our country's finest moment in football.  HAH!!!!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
..............and to think.......men wanted to seriously argue wit me, and actually defend Leo's decision...........not to give Russell #*@^%$ing Latapy, Arguably (if yuh REALLY FEEL like arguing) Trinidad's greatest player EVER, no more than 24 minutes of playing time in our country's finest moment in football.  HAH!!!!!

I just didn't want to be the one to say it.  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Padnah, yuh lucky yuh eh post dat when Leo was still head coach, ah bunch a local haters on dis forum mash meh orp fuh stating the obvious that real Trinis knew was an injustice!

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
represent little magician

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I really wish Latas had played more in the WC..but I eh jumping on 1 Scottish league performance to bolster that argument. That is one game against an average team in a somewhat decent league. There are a gazillion reasons you could argue for Latas...this eh one of them (in my opinion)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Latas Rules once again, we forget how much ball this man palys week in and week out, geez Tallman can you find out Latas scoring stats?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I really wish Latas had played more in the WC..but I eh jumping on 1 Scottish league performance to bolster that argument. That is one game against an average team in a somewhat decent league. There are a gazillion reasons you could argue for Latas...this eh one of them (in my opinion)

good talk
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline tartan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
he ran the show on saturday which was a disaster from my point of view

the pace has gone but you can't take the skill away

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Come on, Filho.  When I was arguing with men in germany that Latas should have had more playing time, do you think I was basing my argument on what he did this past weekend in the SPL?  We all know that Latas is no longer what he used to be but his prescence on the field up to June 20th of this year was still more valuable to T&T than his prescence on the bench, and his little 24 minutes against Paraguay did prove that.  I threw it out there that he should have had more playing time, Brother, but I wasn't "jumping on ! Scottish League performance to bolster that argument"  We ain't that simple, are we?  Sometimes when a man throws out a post, he's throwing it out for more reasons than one, Padna.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

why he deserve more
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg

why he deserve more

Becuz he was TnT second best player in Germany  :whistling: :whistling:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

why he deserve more

You should compare the little 24 minutes that he did play,match them up against the other 246+ minutes that he didn't play let your own conscience answer that one.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

why he deserve more

You should compare the little 24 minutes that he did play,match them up against the other 246+ minutes that he didn't play let your own conscience answer that one.

ok yuh know what  latapy would ah dazzle lampard beckham bergkamp etc. he would have given MELLBERG LUCIC LINDEROTH thunder :devil: boy would he have run at them  ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i know I wouda get involved in this at some stage so i might as well jump in now as de topic change ...
Beenie underestimated the potential impact of latapy for T&T in Germany ...plain and simple !

I say that with confidence because ....-Beenie cannot now say to us ...I told you so !

If at the end of latapy´s brief cameo beenie could have said ..that´s why I didnt play him ....then I would concede that he was right ...except he cant can he ?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i know I wouda get involved in this at some stage so i might as well jump in now as de topic change ...
Beenie underestimated the potential impact of latapy for T&T in Germany ...plain and simple !

I say that with confidence because ....-Beenie cannot now say to us ...I told you so !

If at the end of latapy´s brief cameo beenie could have said ..that´s why I didnt play him ....then I would concede that he was right ...except he cant can he ?

Would latapy have played that way against england and sweden yuh think!!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Would latapy have played that way against england and sweden yuh think!!

Certainly ! when i saw the players preferred to latapy i thought he must have broken down in training. I later realised that he was not part of Beenie´s plan from the start. You realise of course that he was not even selected for the warm up games prior to the WC...even against inferior opposition.
Beenie played latapy because of pressure not because he wanted to ......
he made great improvements in the team, npone can doubt that, but he missed one !

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

why he deserve more

ok yuh know what  latapy would ah dazzle lampard beckham bergkamp etc. he would have given MELLBERG LUCIC LINDEROTH thunder :devil: boy would he have run at them  ;D

You saying that like yuh eh sure or yuh really never see Latas play, doh fool yuh self  dread Latas cud play wid de best ah dem yuh just call.Doh expose yuh self here as ah dunce of de game who else (well besides Stern off course  :whistling:) on we team closer in skiller to anyone ah dem players yuh call...I eh hearing yuh dread ...''what yuh say''     LATAS ? Yuh correct if daiz wha ah hear ...call anothe player who have more skill than de magican.I not jumping on Beenie back or criticizing him I dealing wid player for player here and you or nobody cyar tell me Latas at 59 ...oh sh!t ah mean 37 eh better than many of our midfielders, I talking bout pure skill and holding de ball and delivering dah killer pass, dat was so much needed by de big striker...wha ever he name is  :whistling: Yeah de football gurus say Beenie did de right thing and I eh 2nd guessing here I just giving my opinion and I really believe that Latas deserve more, he shudda start every single game if he tired or slowing down de game take him off,like he go be dis big liability and we go get 6 right ?I doh agree wid that.I say start yuh best and he's definately one. IMO de most talented player ever to come out ah TnT deserver more than ah cobo sweat in de WC.  
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Can anone say how many times Latapy found Yorke or vice versa during latapy´s 23 mins ? 
Can anyone say how many passes latapy completed and how many chances he created for other players ?
Can anyone say how many times he lost the ball while in possession ? , how many times he went pass a player, how many attempts at goal  ...these are the things that will  convince the doubters.
I suspect that by the time we compile these facts he would have been on the field for 45 mins  :o
I dont have  a copy of the game but if someone else does and can supply these fact I will be grateful.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

why he deserve more

You saying that like yuh eh sure or yuh really never see Latas play, doh fool yuh self  dread Latas cud play wid de best ah dem yuh just call.Doh expose yuh self here as ah dunce of de game who else (well besides Stern off course  :whistling:) on we team closer in skiller to anyone ah dem players yuh call...I eh hearing yuh dread ...''what yuh say''     LATAS ? Yuh correct if daiz wha ah hear ...call anothe player who have more skill than de magican.I not jumping on Beenie back or criticizing him I dealing wid player for player here and you or nobody cyar tell me Latas at 59 ...oh sh!t ah mean 37 eh better than many of our midfielders, I talking bout pure skill and holding de ball and delivering dah killer pass, dat was so much needed by de big striker...wha ever he name is  :whistling: Yeah de football gurus say Beenie did de right thing and I eh 2nd guessing here I just giving my opinion and I really believe that Latas deserve more, he shudda start every single game if he tired or slowing down de game take him off,like he go be dis big liability and we go get 6 right ?I doh agree wid that.I say start yuh best and he's definately one. IMO de most talented player ever to come out ah TnT deserver more than ah cobo sweat in de WC.  

steeps

1]; } ?>