48 (28.6%)
Yes
42 (25%)
Give him time
63 (37.5%)
Assistant only
15 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Author Topic: Russell Latapy Thread  (Read 250438 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Can anone say how many times Latapy found Yorke or vice versa during latapy´s 23 mins ? 
Can anyone say how many passes latapy completed and how many chances he created for other players ?
Can anyone say how many times he lost the ball while in possession ? , how many times he went pass a player, how many attempts at goal  ...these are the things that will  convince the doubters.
I suspect that by the time we compile these facts he would have been on the field for 45 mins  :o
I dont have  a copy of the game but if someone else does and can supply these fact I will be grateful.

bigger steeeeeps

yuh feel that was going on against england eh i see yuh  forget the costa rica game. Again paraguay was leading they say the going home with a win thier coach put the stongest dey team  on d field ....he could have told  them half time allyuh leading and  tnt need to win ... england is leading sweden 1 nil   (tnt) have to go foward they need 2 ....sit back and catch them on the counter attack...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 09:27:30 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
..............and to think.......men wanted to seriously argue wit me, and actually defend Leo's decision...........not to give Russell #*@^%$ing Latapy, Arguably (if yuh REALLY FEEL like arguing) Trinidad's greatest player EVER, no more than 24 minutes of playing time in our country's finest moment in football.  HAH!!!!!

why he deserve more

You should compare the little 24 minutes that he did play,match them up against the other 246+ minutes that he didn't play let your own conscience answer that one.

ok yuh know what  latapy would ah dazzle lampard beckham bergkamp etc. he would have given MELLBERG LUCIC LINDEROTH thunder :devil: boy would he have run at them  ;D

You saying that like yuh eh sure or yuh really never see Latas play, doh fool yuh self  dread Latas cud play wid de best ah dem yuh just call.Doh expose yuh self here as ah dunce of de game who else (well besides Stern off course  :whistling:) on we team closer in skiller to anyone ah dem players yuh call...I eh hearing yuh dread ...''what yuh say''     LATAS ? Yuh correct if daiz wha ah hear ...call anothe player who have more skill than de magican.I not jumping on Beenie back or criticizing him I dealing wid player for player here and you or nobody cyar tell me Latas at 59 ...oh sh!t ah mean 37 eh better than many of our midfielders, I talking bout pure skill and holding de ball and delivering dah killer pass, dat was so much needed by de big striker...wha ever he name is  :whistling: Yeah de football gurus say Beenie did de right thing and I eh 2nd guessing here I just giving my opinion and I really believe that Latas deserve more, he shudda start every single game if he tired or slowing down de game take him off,like he go be dis big liability and we go get 6 right ?I doh agree wid that.I say start yuh best and he's definately one. IMO de most talented player ever to come out ah TnT deserver more than ah cobo sweat in de WC.  

steeps

doh worry triniman ah understand i wuddn't know what tuh say either ..
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
respect for the video
but like that tape on a slinky or pogo stick
JESUS CHRIST

All yuh have tuh do is jump up and down too while yuh watching it and yuh will see it clear!!

ah love it!!

lololol :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Little boy, yuh mustbe a baby, yuh pee frorthin yet?  How de hell you could come orn here questioning Latas day in day out in the name of your savior Beenhakker so?  When would you wake up and realize dat yuh god mess up? 

Swallow dat break before replying...   ;D

Would latapy have played that way against england and sweden yuh think!!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ross Pleased With Latapy Impact
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2006, 06:35:09 AM »
Falkirk captain Jack Ross was happy to sit back and watch Russell Latapy take centre stage as Falkirk beat Dundee United 2-1 on Saturday.
Despite falling behind at Tannadice, the Bairns hit back when the 38-year-old equalised in the 23rd minute with a fine free-kick before setting up Liam Craig for the winner for head coach John Hughes' team in the second period.

Ross said: "We received a lot of plaudits last season for the way we pass the ball.

"The manager has preached that since day one in pre-season and we did it in friendlies, which is sometimes easier to do than in the pressure of a competitive match.

"But I thought we did it fantastically well against United. Sometimes, it is difficult for the players who do not see much of the ball, like myself and Kenny Milne out wide.

"However, when you have players who are capable of doing what the likes of Latapy and Craig can on the ball, you cannot complain."

Ross believes the form of Latapy proves the Trinidad and Tobago international was right to continue his playing career.

The former Hibernian and Rangers playmaker was considering retirement after the World Cup in Germany this summer.

But Ross, 30, insists the team can only benefit from the first-team coach's decision to play on for the Bairns.

He said: "Russell has been brilliant in pre-season.

"The training at the World Cup has done him the world of good and, if he plays like that, he is a massive player for us.

"We weren't sure what his plans were, because he keeps himself to himself.

"But we were delighted he returned and he also has an input on the coaching side of things now, which is fantastic for us."

teamtalk

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ross Pleased With Latapy Impact
« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2006, 06:44:19 AM »
Call mih Nostraduttmos
Lemme fasten mih seat belts oui and keep mih hands inside de car....

cause dis is de part whey man does come out frothing about de injustice that was done to the greatest T&T player...and direct comparison of a scottish league game to a world cup game...

...and den men go say we is kiss arse colonialists for supportin a foreigner

.. and den it go turn into, well we woulda win de world cup if we had better service from de middle

...which when then morph into who is de better striker to collect de service

...the thread will then fizzle out and die ending with why jack didnt aks to keep de soca warriors bus
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well..let's see. Latas will be 42 years young in 2010. Hold on Lataaaaassssss...waz 4 more years? You hadda just apply a lil Romario-itis to yuh game...save yuhself lil' bit  for the T&T matches. We only need yuh for a 2nd half cameo..yuh could do it boss :devil: :devil:

What a player!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2006, 06:58:34 AM »
Falkirk captain Jack Ross was happy to sit back and watch Russell Latapy take centre stage as Falkirk beat Dundee United 2-1 on Saturday.

teamtalk

:rotfl: you people boy
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2006, 07:04:39 AM »
Call mih Nostraduttmos
Lemme fasten mih seat belts oui and keep mih hands inside de car....

cause dis is de part whey man does come out frothing about de injustice that was done to the greatest T&T player...and direct comparison of a scottish league game to a world cup game...

...and den men go say we is kiss arse colonialists for supportin a foreigner

.. and den it go turn into, well we woulda win de world cup if we had better service from de middle

...which when then morph into who is de better striker to collect de service

...the thread will then fizzle out and die ending with why jack didnt aks to keep de soca warriors bus

and dont forget disgruntled will come and say 4k all de teachers in he school cause he never make it to form 6...

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I doh understand how dis talk still going on.......

Lemme state for de record that ANY Trini who follows football knows Latas is a boss and is one of the greatest football players Trinidad has ever produced(IMO the greatest).

However, we will NEVER know IF Latas got more playing time, what impact he would ah have in the England Sweden game.......yuh could pretend to know how much yuh want, but the fact is we will never know.....we could ah get 6-0 from both of dem teams, or we could ah win......it's pure speculation...so lewwe done dis shit talk and not pretend we some big shot coach nah......

real armchair coaches on dis forum pretending like dey know for sure Latas would have had make a difference.....long flicking steups

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
real armchair coaches on dis forum pretending like dey know for sure Latas would have had make a difference.....long flicking steups

In my opinion, Latas makes a difference offensively 90% of the time when playing for T&T.  The question is at what cost defensively.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2006, 07:36:44 AM »

teamtalk

triniman you sound like you never see Latas play or yuh just ignorant tuh de game,either one, yuh doh come across as intelligent especially yuh 'you people boy' comment , imo the tone of yuh statement sound like yuh talking down to we people and you come across to me as ah arrogant asshole that just doh know better ....I cud be wrong but ah have ah strong feeling ah right .
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 07:49:26 AM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2006, 07:49:33 AM »

teamtalk

triniman leh meh ask yuh dis yuh know who is Latas yuh ever see him play ?

NAH  seen latas play  ::)

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2006, 07:56:22 AM »

teamtalk

When,where....yuh effen lie,you see Latas play an talkig all dah tata you must be see ah Guyanese version ah Latas nut we Latas, odda wise yuh wuddn't ah be talking all dah FILTH ....
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2006, 08:04:06 AM »

teamtalk

When,where....yuh effen lie,you see Latas play an talkig all dah tata you must be see ah Guyanese version ah Latas nut we Latas, odda wise yuh wuddn't ah be talking all dah FILTH ....

i Done costa rica and bahrain deal with latas why cannot england and sweden do it . But you know what sorry latapy is great  if he was on the field he would have had lampard all ova the place and joe cole gerrad would not have handled him. he sould have come on when we were down to ten men and run all ova swden sorry he is our saviour. i am sorry sorry you all are right :salute: :whistling:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 08:09:27 AM by triniman »

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

In my opinion, Latas makes a difference offensively 90% of the time when playing for T&T.  The question is at what cost defensively.

no disrepeck palos...but jes curious...where you get dat stat 90% from...again back tio meh point....we jes speculating....

also I agree in general that latas makes a difference to T&T's offense....but we have never played against the calibre of England and Sweden prior to the world cup....how you know he would ah make any offensive difference knowing we literally defended the majority of both those games....would you value a more defensive midfielder or a more creative midifelder in this instance  :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile

no disrepeck palos...but jes curious...where you get dat stat 90% from...again back tio meh point....we jes speculating....

also I agree in general that latas makes a difference to T&T's offense....but we have never played against the calibre of England and Sweden prior to the world cup....how you know he would ah make any offensive difference knowing we literally defended the majority of both those games....would you value a more defensive midfielder or a more creative midifelder in this instance  :beermug:

Speculation is totally correck because we will never know.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is this argument gonna re-emerge everytime Latapy has a good game in the SPL ? I think we should get over it.

I honestly think Latapy was supposed to be our super-sub. I think that is what Beenie orignially had in mind. This is what I speculate, trying to use logic and concrete results over emotion in hindsight:

Against Sweden we went down to ten men, we were being dominated and were holding on for dear life, so a last minute change in tactics had to be employed....and it worked. We held on for the draw against the odds, without Latas, and I believe that must have caused Beenie to reconsider using similar tactics going into the second game against England

Against England, we couldn't really see our way, and got sucked into a defensive shell. With 5 minutes left to go, and the score still 0-0, I think that Beenie was getting flashbacks of the Sweden game, and decided to try and weather the storm in similar fashion. He musta thought why go and upset the pattern when it worked before, and it seemed to be working again....by the time Crouchy took a hair sample from Sancho, it was too late.

Against, Paraguay remember we had a slim chance of qualification, and this is where I think , Latas was most likely going to get the chance to play the quintessential, super sub role. Beenie probably thought that if we could hold Sweden for 90, England for 85, without Latas.....by using similar proven tactics, we should be able to contain Paraguay for at least 60-65, at which point Latas would come in and add some final punch to the attack and hopefully push into the second round.............

Sadly, in the last game we conceded one in the early minutes of the game before he came in....and we conceded one while he was in. We didn't score when he was off the field and we didn't score when he was one the field.....The truth is, the pattern of the game had switched in our favour before Latapy come on. We were chasing the game. That is the natural pattern of a team that is chasing a game. Latapy did add some excitement with his style of football, but in terms of output, there was no real difference.  The shots we managed when he was on the field were still off target, and the majority of our plays were still being broken down before we could get a clear shot off, and there were no clear cut chances created by incisive passing. In fact the closest we came to scoring in that game was a header off a free kick in the first half. I think that was the only testing save that the Paraguay keeper had to make in the entire game. We even conceded a goal while Latapy was on the field. What Latapy did bring was a style that excited the crowd and "looked" more dangerous because of his neat football and natural flair......

To add everything up, try to put your self in Beenie's shoes - not in hindsight, but consider T&T's game situations in the heat of the moment and be honest about Latapy's real concrete contribution to the last game.......

In the end, considering EVERYTHING the only thing that Beenie probably deprived us of was a little extra excitement....and given the battles that we were up against, I think it was fully understandable. There will never be any denying that Latapy is great, and I too would have liked to see him get more of a run but in all honesty, one man was not enough to change our WC successes this Summer.....so in my opinion, we could give the armchair coaching and speculation a rest. (for the entire SPL season  ;D)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 08:53:33 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is this argument gonna re-emerge everytime Latapy has a good game in the SPL ? I think we should get over it.

I honestly think Latapy was supposed to be our super-sub. I think that is what Beenie orignially had in mind. This is what I speculate, trying to use logic and concrete results over emotion in hindsight:

Against Sweden we went down to ten men, we were being dominated and were holding on for dear life, so a last minute change in tactics had to be employed....and it worked. We held on for the draw against the odds, without Latas, and I believe that must have caused Beenie to reconsider using similar tactics going into the second game against England

Against England, we couldn't really see our way, and got sucked into a defensive shell. With 5 minutes left to go, and the score still 0-0, I think that Beenie was getting flashbacks of the Sweden game, and decided to try and weather the storm in similar fashion. He musta thought why go and upset the pattern when it worked before, and it seemed to be working again....by the time Crouchy took a hair sample from Sancho, it was too late.

Against, Paraguay remember we had a slim chance of qualification, and this is where I think , Latas was most likely going to get the chance to play the quintessential, super sub role. Beenie probably thought that if we could hold Sweden for 90, England for 85, without Latas.....by using similar proven tactics, we should be able to contain Paraguay for at least 60-65, at which point Latas would come in and add some final punch to the attack and hopefully push into the second round.............

Sadly, in the last game we conceded one in the early minutes of the game before he came in....and we conceded one while he was in. We didn't score when he was off the field and we didn't score when he was one the field.....The truth is, the pattern of the game had switched in our favour before Latapy come on. We were chasing the game. That is the natural pattern of a team that is chasing a game. Latapy did add some excitement with his style of football, but in terms of output, there was no real difference.  The shots we managed when he was on the field were still off target, and the majority of our plays were still being broken down before we could get a clear shot off, and there were no clear cut chances created by incisive passing. In fact the closest we came to scoring in that game was a header off a free kick in the first half. I think that was the only testing save that the Paraguay keeper had to make in the entire game. We even conceded a goal while Latapy was on the field. What Latapy did bring was a style that excited the crowd and "looked" more dangerous because of his neat football and natural flair......

To add everything up, try to put your self in Beenie's shoes - not in hindsight, but consider T&T's game situations in the heat of the moment and be honest about Latapy's real concrete contribution to the last game.......

In the end, considering EVERYTHING the only thing that Beenie probably deprived us of was a little extra excitement....and given the battles that we were up against, I think it was fully understandable. Latapy is great, and I too would have liked to see him get more of a run but in all honesty, one man was not enough to change our WC successes this Summer.....so in my opinion, we could give the armchair coaching and speculation a rest. (for the entire SPL season  ;D)

CLAP CLAP CLAP  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :notworthy: :salute: :wavetowel: :afro:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
..............and to think.......men wanted to seriously argue wit me, and actually defend Leo's decision...........not to give Russell #*@^%$ing Latapy, Arguably (if yuh REALLY FEEL like arguing) Trinidad's greatest player EVER, no more than 24 minutes of playing time in our country's finest moment in football.  HAH!!!!!

I really wish Latas had played more in the WC..but I eh jumping on 1 Scottish league performance to bolster that argument. That is one game against an average team in a somewhat decent league. There are a gazillion reasons you could argue for Latas...this eh one of them (in my opinion)

Come on, Filho.  When I was arguing with men in germany that Latas should have had more playing time, do you think I was basing my argument on what he did this past weekend in the SPL?  We all know that Latas is no longer what he used to be but his prescence on the field up to June 20th of this year was still more valuable to T&T than his prescence on the bench, and his little 24 minutes against Paraguay did prove that.  I threw it out there that he should have had more playing time, Brother, but I wasn't "jumping on ! Scottish League performance to bolster that argument"  We ain't that simple, are we?  Sometimes when a man throws out a post, he's throwing it out for more reasons than one, Padna.

Hard luck boss...I was not trying to say you were using the SPL performance to make your point. I know you had been calling for Latas way back. I just meant that you should not use it to add to that argument. I don't think a great SPL performance should be the catalyst for bringing up another 'I told you Latas should have played'. The WC and the SPL are very different in terms of the quality of football. To me it sounded like you were using the SPL performnace to say...look, more evidence that Latas should have played. I just saying, I don't think it says anything other than a great player had a great game. Hard luck if I misunderstood where you were coming from...but I hope is clear where I was coming from.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Latas is a boss
check how he still rippin up spl
beenie do shit
we woulda win d wc if latas had start every game
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
no disrepeck palos...but jes curious...where you get dat stat 90% from...

Honestly...off de top of meh head because I eh do no study or have scientific facts.  But IN GENERAL, T&T has much more of an offensive flow when Latas is on de field.  Matter of fact, when he is not on the field, IN GENERAL, we lack invention and ideas.

However, in my opinion, it does come at a price.  Players, encouraged by the creativity that Latas provides MAY lose their defensive discipline in their eagerness to participate in the attack.

There have been occasions where I have seen Latas totally ineffective (like any other footballer) like Novemeber 19, 1989 and the Bahrain game in T&T.  In spite of that, he still remains my favourite player.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
On Fox Sports World Report Bobby McMahon took the time to point out that 37 yr old Russell Latapy absolutely dominated the game and was in complete control for Falkirk when they were going over the SPL.
Hart for president

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
On Fox Sports World Report Bobby McMahon took the time to point out that 37 yr old Russell Latapy absolutely dominated the game and was in complete control for Falkirk when they were going over the SPL.

On a good day Latapy is just too good for the SPL......That league doesn't really have his level of quality, at least not in abundance.

It was the same with Larrson....he used to score at will at Celtic like it was a joke.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 04:08:44 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

They show highlights??!!!

Oh Gawd ah miss it last night!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

They show highlights??!!!

Oh Gawd ah miss it last night!!

nah they didnt' show highlights

I was hearing McMahon talking about Latas and HOPING fuh highlights but, none. Dundee Utd vs Falkirk is a decent enough SPL clash, but FSWC only tends to show highlights from the upper tier of de SPL, if ANY

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This is my take on Latapy on the field he motivates the players because they all idolize him Leo made a mistake by not playing Latas more yes I said it no one is perfect we can’t play football with 10 defenders and 1 striker and expect to win also the kind of experience Latapy have he would off adjust to the play this guy is world class and to play Thoabld over latapy was a dishonor one  in they right mind could explain that to me we need his creativity remember he was the driving forces for us in the qualifiers.     
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This is my take on Latapy on the field he motivates the players because they all idolize him Leo made a mistake by not playing Latas more yes I said it no one is perfect we can’t play football with 10 defenders and 1 striker and expect to win also the kind of experience Latapy have he would off adjust to the play this guy is world class and to play Thoabld over latapy was a dishonor one  in they right mind could explain that to me we need his creativity remember he was the driving forces for us in the qualifiers.     

Bally, true dat, ah said de same thing before. Every time someone express their disappointment, in de amount of playing time de GENERAL get, ah does just go back into meh lil shell, and get sad like if someone in meh family died. Now people, dis eh no joke, cuz since ah was youth going tuh school, ah use tuh idolize dat youth, he is real real special talent.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Bally, true dat, ah said de same thing before. Every time someone express their disappointment, in de amount of playing time de GENERAL get, ah does just go back into meh lil shell, and get sad like if someone in meh family died. Now people, dis eh no joke, cuz since ah was youth going tuh school, ah use tuh idolize dat youth, he is real real special talent.

Ah know some men eh guh like how some ah WE cyar geh over dat or like SUPA say does go in a shell when somebody else talk about it, but de trute ah de matter is many ah WE will feel dis for sometime, I mehself been sayin for sometime now, "we have to use de WC xperience and move on"  but it real hard for some of us given what we know of de general, for dose of you who have moved on easily or not so easily, leh we grieve in peace nah, bless
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
..............and to think.......men wanted to seriously argue wit me, and actually defend Leo's decision...........not to give Russell #*@^%$ing Latapy, Arguably (if yuh REALLY FEEL like arguing) Trinidad's greatest player EVER, no more than 24 minutes of playing time in our country's finest moment in football.  HAH!!!!!

I really wish Latas had played more in the WC..but I eh jumping on 1 Scottish league performance to bolster that argument. That is one game against an average team in a somewhat decent league. There are a gazillion reasons you could argue for Latas...this eh one of them (in my opinion)

Come on, Filho.  When I was arguing with men in germany that Latas should have had more playing time, do you think I was basing my argument on what he did this past weekend in the SPL?  We all know that Latas is no longer what he used to be but his prescence on the field up to June 20th of this year was still more valuable to T&T than his prescence on the bench, and his little 24 minutes against Paraguay did prove that.  I threw it out there that he should have had more playing time, Brother, but I wasn't "jumping on ! Scottish League performance to bolster that argument"  We ain't that simple, are we?  Sometimes when a man throws out a post, he's throwing it out for more reasons than one, Padna.

Hard luck boss...I was not trying to say you were using the SPL performance to make your point. I know you had been calling for Latas way back. I just meant that you should not use it to add to that argument. I don't think a great SPL performance should be the catalyst for bringing up another 'I told you Latas should have played'. The WC and the SPL are very different in terms of the quality of football. To me it sounded like you were using the SPL performnace to say...look, more evidence that Latas should have played. I just saying, I don't think it says anything other than a great player had a great game. Hard luck if I misunderstood where you were coming from...but I hope is clear where I was coming from.
             I know exactly where yuh comin' from, Boss, my initial post was meant as a "steups wit a rollin' of the eye kinda" thing, remembering how disappointed I was that he didn't get more playing time.  I am no statistician when it comes to football, at least not in the purest sense like some men I see here.  The stat that matters most to me when it comes down to it, is shots on goal.  Make the 'keeper earn his pay!!  The value that Latapy brought to our team CANNOT be measured with any of these statistics that men looking to put out here.  This is not friggin' baseball.  Football is supposed to be a free-flowing game of offensive improvisation combined with tactical and defensive discipline in front of solid goalkeeping.  If men lose their defensive discipline because Latas come on to create more chances for the team's goalscorers (Stern "Lazy" John, Cornell Glen and, when given the opportunity, Dwight, etc!) THAT IS NOT HIS FAULT!! Also, Latapy is no more a defensive liability than any of the other midfielders on our team, and I didn't exactly see Paraguay pin back their ears and start licking their offensive chops when he did come on.  If anything, he had their defenders on their heels and he DID elevate the team's energy, (I even saw Stern trying to put in and win tackles in the Paraguay defence.  Picture DAT!!!) and I am not saying that we would have all of a sudden scored 1, 2, 3 or ANY goals against England or Paraguay, but you still have to find a way to get your BEST AND MOST CREATIVE player on the field SOMEHOW!  We had more than proven ourselves in the Sweden game EVEN if Sweden were unlucky not to score.  

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>