48 (28.6%)
Yes
42 (25%)
Give him time
63 (37.5%)
Assistant only
15 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Author Topic: Russell Latapy Thread  (Read 250867 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Fire Russell Latapy Thread.
« Reply #780 on: July 04, 2010, 10:17:05 AM »
ah hear Latas get this after dinner at Ka Pok

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 04, 2010, 02:49:12 PM »
Latas have no credentials as a coach. Most great players do not make good coaches. Dunga and Maradonna are recent prime examples. Sadly, Latas tenure as coach is likely to end in heartbreak. Willing to be proven otherwise.

what makes dunga or maradonna  a bad coaches

Maradonna clueless. He just happened to have good players to work with. But he failed to have any meaningful strategy. When Germany was kicking their butt, what was Maradonna strategy to nullify the germans counteracting strategy? What subs did he make that had an impact? Millito remained on de bench.

Dunga in de same boat. They are one dimentional. That is fine when yuh team winning, but when you down and need to change strategy, both are clueless. Sorry to say, but that is how most former top players coach. Take look, the coaches of Spain, Holland, Germany, Ghana and Uruguay did not reaches the top of their sport, but are doing a fine job as coaches.

BTW Capello is also an ex-Italian international. Point proven!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 04, 2010, 03:50:47 PM »

Check out Capello C.V., wheel and come again.

England full ah hounds, end of story.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 03:52:24 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 04, 2010, 04:26:42 PM »

Check out Capello C.V., wheel and come again.

England full ah hounds, end of story.
Disagree. Capello won league titles with teams that many other managers has also won with. AC Millan and who Real Madrid (steups). Like winning titles with those teams is the hardest thing in the world. Now if he had won the world cup with a 'bunch of shit hounds', then he would get a big up.

Seriously, look at the top coaches in the world. Most were not top players.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 04, 2010, 04:55:12 PM »
Latas have no credentials as a coach. Most great players do not make good coaches. Dunga and Maradonna are recent prime examples. Sadly, Latas tenure as coach is likely to end in heartbreak. Willing to be proven otherwise.

Maradonna clueless. He just happened to have good players to work with. But he failed to have any meaningful strategy. When Germany was kicking their butt, what was Maradonna strategy to nullify the germans counteracting strategy? What subs did he make that had an impact? Millito remained on de bench.

Dunga in de same boat. They are one dimentional. That is fine when yuh team winning, but when you down and need to change strategy, both are clueless. Sorry to say, but that is how most former top players coach. Take look, the coaches of Spain, Holland, Germany, Ghana and Uruguay did not reaches the top of their sport, but are doing a fine job as coaches.

Bro,
        There is some validity to the theory that not all super stars make good coaches. But to say that they are clueless is crazy. Look, Brazil and Germany has had WC winning players win WC as coaches. Alf Ramsey played for England. Although not a WC winner as a player he coached the 1966 WC team. This is Diego and Dunga first time as coaches. Spain and Ghana coaches have been coaching far longer than them. I don't know much about Uraguay, Holland, Germany coaches. But the verdict still out on them

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 04, 2010, 11:18:27 PM »

Bro,
        There is some validity to the theory that not all super stars make good coaches. But to say that they are clueless is crazy. Look, Brazil and Germany has had WC winning players win WC as coaches. Alf Ramsey played for England. Although not a WC winner as a player he coached the 1966 WC team. This is Diego and Dunga first time as coaches. Spain and Ghana coaches have been coaching far longer than them. I don't know much about Uraguay, Holland, Germany coaches. But the verdict still out on them

I am not saying that no top players will ever make a good coach, as I know Rikaard and Beckenbauer has also done OK. But it is usually the exception than the rule. I maintain that Dunga and Maradonna are clueless as coaches. Let's see where their careers go from here.

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 05, 2010, 07:00:34 AM »
I think, that if Latas identifies a creative playmaker (Leston Paul) and builds the spine of the squad through him, and the rest of the squad around that, then with the necessary defensive discipline, midfield awareness, comment and distribution, to an attack that is only concerned with not only creating chances, but putting them away, he could be onto something...

Trini has been Blessed with Russell for a reason, and we know that he has delivered on the pitch.

The nice thing is, he's not been away from the game, he went straight from playing into management, so his ideas are fresh and up to date, his hunger is still adequate enough to transfer his emotions to a system (3-5-2 / 4-3-2-1 depending on which suits, obviously) and communicate that to his charges...

Many ex players do go on to have exceptional careers as coaches, and as much as we know that we missed a place in SA2010, he has time to create and shape his system, he has the ability to call on former managers, players and associates from within the game but most importantly, he WANTS to manage...

I'm not saying that we will become powerhouses overnight, but maybe, just maybe, we can finally create a brand of T&TFootball that would serve us well into the future...

Cryuff had it hard too in de earlies, and look, Barcelona play "Total Football" even if they don't call it so...

In Latas we Trust... or at least, lewwe trust in de fella for a lil bit and see where he wants to take the game, ina Trini stylee...

watch meh siggy below dey...

oneness...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:04:41 AM by bongonatti 11 »
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 05, 2010, 07:02:33 AM »

Bro,

I am not saying that no top players will ever make a good coach, as I know Rikaard and Beckenbauer has also done OK. But it is usually the exception than the rule. I maintain that Dunga and Maradonna are clueless as coaches. Let's see where their careers go from here.

Your are acting  like is  crappy teams Brazil and Argentina lost to ... on another day those 2 games result could have been different  ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 09, 2010, 06:19:27 PM »
so JW is prime minister and yet still Latas cyah get a friendly game?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #789 on: July 10, 2010, 12:55:35 AM »
so JW is prime minister and yet still Latas cyah get a friendly game?

ent diz spalk wuk, that would be overstepping jw bounds and the world at large would call for his head bc of interference in ttff business  :devil:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 11, 2010, 05:30:50 PM »
latapy had these guys training 3 time per week and working on basics ... so now wha
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #791 on: August 11, 2010, 05:38:11 PM »
latapy had these guys training 3 time per week and working on basics ... so now wha

latas sorf, we need a real coach now

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 11, 2010, 05:42:09 PM »
 :beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 11, 2010, 05:48:19 PM »
ah ha join d bandwagon everyting was jus plain wrong wit every decision he make sorry buh ha to go
I pity the fool....

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 11, 2010, 06:23:11 PM »
I was supporting Latas as the coach but it seems that he doesn't get it. We are not so great offensively that we can win without playing defense. It seems that he doesn't get it. Thus far he hasn't called Birchall or Julius James and they can both help us defensively. I also saw Primus and he is probably already our best defender. He is big, strong, good on the ball and he reads the game well. Plus he has more international experience than these fools he has playing. I say go to the defenders from the U-23 team. The played well, dare I say on an international level at the U-20 WC.

Latas said before the game that he wanted to see if we progressed tactically but it seems that we have regressed. He has a lot to answer for, and in fact I would have no qualms if he lost his job as a result of this performance.
TnT Patriot

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #795 on: August 11, 2010, 06:28:14 PM »
I was supporting Latas as the coach but it seems that he doesn't get it. We are not so great offensively that we can win without playing defense. It seems that he doesn't get it. Thus far he hasn't called Birchall or Julius James and they can both help us defensively. I also saw Primus and he is probably already our best defender. He is big, strong, good on the ball and he reads the game well. Plus he has more international experience than these fools he has playing. I say go to the defenders from the U-23 team. The played well, dare I say on an international level at the U-20 WC.

Latas said before the game that he wanted to see if we progressed tactically but it seems that we have regressed. He has a lot to answer for, and in fact I would have no qualms if he lost his job as a result of this performance.

good points but once again it lies with the coaches team selection, guerra sit the entire game and he is among our most creative mids, not to mention akile edwards as defenders another reason why latas must go

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 11, 2010, 06:43:36 PM »
He needs to go NOW....I not going to accept a man who only previous coaching experience was with Falkirk's reserve team, and I suppose to accept that he is qualified to coach MY national team that I will be paying money and time to watch? Madness...remember we didnt even qualify for the World Cup when he took over...he needs to go now..!!!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 11, 2010, 06:43:58 PM »

Bro,

Dunga had success to say he is clueless because of the WC is ridiculous, he won the Copa America, and the Confederations Cup. If you simply judging by WC then 31 coaches were useless. Many Excellent players did well as coaches and many failed as well. There is no formula! Some coaches are successful in club football where there is more time and you can purchase the quality players you need. International football is different, you work with what you have and learn to make do. Look at Rjkaard when he coached Fortuna they got relegated under his command. He goes to Barca and is hailed as genius. Its the same with teh coach of Uruguay in this WC, he flopped so many times only to rise this WC.
Latapy needs experience and he will learn with each outing. Would you rather he has success now in an exhibition game and then fail on the true test? I think not!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 11, 2010, 06:47:12 PM »

Bro,

Dunga had success to say he is clueless because of the WC is ridiculous, he won the Copa America, and the Confederations Cup. If you simply judging by WC then 31 coaches were useless. Many Excellent players did well as coaches and many failed as well. There is no formula! Some coaches are successful in club football where there is more time and you can purchase the quality players you need. International football is different, you work with what you have and learn to make do. Look at Rjkaard when he coached Fortuna they got relegated under his command. He goes to Barca and is hailed as genius. Its the same with teh coach of Uruguay in this WC, he flopped so many times only to rise this WC.
Latapy needs experience and he will learn with each outing. Would you rather he has success now in an exhibition game and then fail on the true test? I think not!

We hear you Observer. If Latas can get some revenge in the return game in Ja in October then I am willing to forgive him! I need to be able to face my harsh Jamaican friends with my head held high!!  :-[

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 06:49:52 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 11, 2010, 06:52:36 PM »

my issues is he not learnin tactically or defensively, apparently he have pardners on d team-( professionalism in question), which could very well lead to cliques within d team, how dem suppose to gell wen some seem more equal dan odders, yuh is eddar ah coach or conductin a lime, cyar be both, ah mean d real team was on d fuuckin bench for heaven sake :o ???....................................
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 07:01:39 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 11, 2010, 06:56:39 PM »
we will fire russell, probably around 2012 and launch a WCQ campaign wid some coach...destined for failure once the mistakes of the past are repeated
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 11, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »
we will fire russell, probably around 2012 and launch a WCQ campaign wid some coach...destined for failure once the mistakes of the past are repeated

:beermug: :beermug:
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 11, 2010, 07:29:43 PM »
.......aaaaaahhhh yes, every so often this thread gets dusted off and revitalised..... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 11, 2010, 07:33:59 PM »
latas I appreciated everything you did for this country but you're not a coach.....

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 11, 2010, 07:35:52 PM »
Latas if yuh drink from the poisoned chalice yuh  mus suffer the fate...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 11, 2010, 07:40:49 PM »

The man never even consider yohance marshall once, he don't know talented players ah dun tell allyuh dat ahready. ssttuueeppsss
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 11, 2010, 07:46:03 PM »

The man never even consider yohance marshall once, he don't know talented players ah dun tell allyuh dat ahready. ssttuueeppsss

Does he even know who Yohance Marshall is?
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 11, 2010, 07:46:23 PM »
Brink back Beenie or have him recommend a good Dutch coach! But he recommend Wim and it didn't work; all because the root of our problems is the inept TTFF who make mostly the wrong decisions.  Don't forget we got lucky with Beenie only because the players, particularly Yorke and Shake veto the first choice.  So even that wasn't our proudest moment.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 11, 2010, 07:50:56 PM »
we leaking in to much goals since Latas take over.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 11, 2010, 07:53:27 PM »

man i went and watch dem train... dem fellas training like is ah fete match... lackadaisacal...

dey do one on ones and ah ent see not one score!! and men kicksing... and dey expect to score in a real game?

Latapy ent convincing me at all.. he or Jack need to do the right thing
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>