48 (28.6%)
Yes
42 (25%)
Give him time
63 (37.5%)
Assistant only
15 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Author Topic: Russell Latapy Thread  (Read 252085 times)

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Russell Latapy Thread.
« Reply #840 on: August 12, 2010, 04:51:13 PM »
What is latapy's record since he took charge?? anyone knows??

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Latapy "Rage QUIT Plz" Thread
« Reply #841 on: August 13, 2010, 02:42:06 PM »
All those of you sick of Latapy ruining our reputation and disgracing this fine country with his inexperience and blatant stupidity please comment and leave your feed back here.

Question: Should Latapy continue as our head coach? And WHY?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 10:10:58 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy Hate Thread
« Reply #842 on: August 13, 2010, 02:59:37 PM »
All those of you sick of Latapy ruining our reputation and disgracing this fine country with his inexperience and blatant stupidity please comment and leave your feed back here.

Question: Should Latapy continue as our head coach? And WHY?

No need fuh de title of yuh thread hoss

Better coaches have come and done worse. He have very little support from de powers dat be.

We playin Antigua and Guyana as weam up matches.  Even if yuh doh support him as coach, and yuh well within yuh rights to do so, yuh doh need to start a hate thread.

Yuh better dan dat breds.  Ah know it frustratin but yuh eh need to go dey man.

Jes meh respeckful 2 cents
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

truetrini

« Reply #843 on: August 13, 2010, 03:11:29 PM »
steups.. yuh say de man response levelheaded..and yet yuh persist with yuh shit?

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 13, 2010, 03:15:16 PM »
Sounds like shittalking because Latapy track record is just that terrible. Just stating the facts makes me look like an ass because it is just that bad. When have we celebrated anything of worth?

Latapy as head coach all we can wish for is luck because we know he is a proven failure and unless he goes to coaching school and win a cup he shouldn't be allowed to lead a nation.

Mark my word, we not winning anything, the only thing Latapy will bring us is more shame and disgrace. It is his guarantee that we will continue to be the laughing stock of the world.

truetrini

« Reply #845 on: August 13, 2010, 03:23:14 PM »
Sounds like shittalking because Latapy track record is just that terrible. Just stating the facts makes me look like an ass because it is just that bad. When have we celebrated anything of worth?

Latapy as head coach all we can wish for is luck because we know he is a proven failure and unless he goes to coaching school and win a cup he shouldn't be allowed to lead a nation.

Mark my word, we not winning anything, the only thing Latapy will bring us is more shame and disgrace. It is his guarantee that we will continue to be the laughing stock of the world.

How does Latapy's record as a coach destroy his status as a player?

Why do you persist in saying Latapy hate tread?

Is it so easy to callously discard our most celebrated mid field player?

Maybe we are not winning anything becasue of the Federation that hired Latapy, continues to stymie our foootball growth and development, or maybe it is becasue our local crop is just NOT good enough?

How can Latapy bring shame and disgrace to T&T?  You act as if our football was ever held in such high esteem that we are making such a precipitious fall?

Before Beenhacker, and between Beenie and Latapy, when did we last have anything to celebrate?

How is Latapy a proven failure? 

You could not tie his shoe laces as a player or as a coach!

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 13, 2010, 03:38:49 PM »

How does Latapy's record as a coach destroy his status as a player?
It is the responsiblity of the coach to prepare his players, mentally, physically. Once he took the job as head coach like Maradonna risked ruining his reputation via poor results. As a player you can sit back in a game or two and not be noticed but as a coach it is very different. The coach is the only one you can question after a teams defeat, especially at home. Coming to Trinidad now seems like a sure win than in the past.

Why do you persist in saying Latapy hate tread?
Fixed.

Is it so easy to callously discard our most celebrated mid field player?
I have no respect for people that don't identify their own abilities. This national team is not rebuilding, it is a experiement for an inexperienced wannabe coach.

Maybe we are not winning anything becasue of the Federation that hired Latapy, continues to stymie our foootball growth and development, or maybe it is becasue our local crop is just NOT good enough?]
So you want to change our players instead of the brain? Leave it up to you and players would be to blame for poor tactics and not the head coach. Question? Who is responsible for selecting the "crop" of players??

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy "You SUCK PLEASE QUIT" Thread
« Reply #847 on: August 13, 2010, 05:36:12 PM »

I will defend Latas a bit.
The national senior team has been on a downward spiral since 2007, yes 2007.
Something nasty has affected the performance of the team regardless of who in it.
Latapy young in the business but still has a great football brain and I suspect the players too limited to understand what he wants.
No coach coming in now will have an easy time of it.
Jamaica has owned TT for a long time now , take yuh head out of the sand and realise that. I think the last creditable result we got against them was a draw in the office in '96.
So doh judge from this game as yet, lets see what happens in the Caribbean cup and I bet if the girls have a good run in the world cup that coach will get the job.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 13, 2010, 06:20:56 PM »
I think the last creditable result we got against them was a draw in the office in '96.

Nah, it was March 2008 when we came back from 2 goals down to draw 2-2 at de Office.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 13, 2010, 06:32:30 PM »
d man did say PLEASE.........the way I look at it.....yuh reap what yuh sew.........will always appreciate what he did for T&T as a player...........but maybe.....just maybe.......if he did stand up with the rest of dem boys who get blacklisted........the overall condition of football in T&T would have changed to the point where he would be able to be a real coach.............i wanted to say something more disrespectful but trying to be mature

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 13, 2010, 06:50:26 PM »
The only reasons I can come up with for not calling the pros from overseas are:

1) He(Latas) would still fail and lose just as bad
2) Trying to impress his employer by winning a cup with limited expenses.
3) Stupid.

Pick one. I like number 3 best.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 13, 2010, 07:17:18 PM »
I think the last creditable result we got against them was a draw in the office in '96.

Nah, it was March 2008 when we came back from 2 goals down to draw 2-2 at de Office.

It was the last memorable contribution from Aurtis Whitley to our football having scored the equaliser in the dying minutes....*sigh*
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 13, 2010, 07:22:12 PM »
Shotta did say "PLEASE"..so notthin nah wrong with he title  :D

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 13, 2010, 07:23:52 PM »

I will defend Latas a bit.
The national senior team has been on a downward spiral since 2007, yes 2007.
Something nasty has affected the performance of the team regardless of who in it.
Latapy young in the business but still has a great football brain and I suspect the players too limited to understand what he wants.
No coach coming in now will have an easy time of it.
Jamaica has owned TT for a long time now , take yuh head out of the sand and realise that. I think the last creditable result we got against them was a draw in the office in '96.
So doh judge from this game as yet, lets see what happens in the Caribbean cup and I bet if the girls have a good run in the world cup that coach will get the job.

this team training 24/7 on tactics etc  .. and make all kind ah school boy error they could ah ress 5 on we
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #854 on: August 13, 2010, 07:25:24 PM »
Do you feel if he wanted the pros to play in this game he would of got them .
For the longest while i have been saying doh matter what coach our team get, our playerz don't have the discipline of how a team should function .
Individual skills yes but tell them to put it together and you would have a heart break as a coach .
for example look at a supposed to be pro league team against a foreign team you must check when ever we have the ball how long they keep the ball for and when the other team have the ball the way it would be knocked around they might not score but keeping the ball is what help you to score goals and we cant do that yet ,not until we get the discipline of  knowing  how to keep the ball would we be winning games .
Again to much individual skills WE NEED A TEAM EFFOT and that is wat we not getting .      
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: August 13, 2010, 07:27:59 PM »
Do you feel if he wanted the pros to play in this game he would of got them .

none of them was invited..and i doubt any will be invited for the rest of the year prior to teh Digicel finals..

he said he wants to win teh cup with all local squad

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 13, 2010, 07:32:05 PM »
Prince matterz not even if he wanted the he would not have got them anyway and he know that.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 13, 2010, 07:34:54 PM »
Prince matterz not even if he wanted the he would not have got them anyway and he know that.

So on a FIFA International friendly date T&T will not be able to get ANY of their foreign based players (who are not injured) ?...so jamaica and other countries who played on the 11th get foreign based to play on their team, BUT T&T will not get their players ?...How yuh figure dat Zulu ?

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 13, 2010, 07:40:51 PM »
Palos I really respect your conduct in this. Also would like to thank you for posting it makes me feel better to know there is level headed people out there with so much tolerance, devotion and sincerity to this board and possibly the national team.

There is only hate here left, I have no love for Latapy anymore and why should I? He is single handedly destroying not only his reputation as a legend but our brand of football. Lets face it, the national team has never been in this poor state in my lifetime, this is below our average low of lows.

There is only two outcome with Latapy as head coach and that is losing and failure.
He never gave Trinidad anything to cheer about since been apointed as head coach, beating El Salvador and Antigua at home is his only wins thus far unless there was something I'm missing.

Can someone look up his stats as coach, it has to be the worse in history not only in Trinidad but the world.

Brand?.... what brand of football you talking about? Lazy, cyah trap, slow, no discipline,  duncy, naive.....

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 13, 2010, 07:44:51 PM »
Because of the way TTFF operates . i will garantee you that any coach if not laterz come to our shorez would leave very frustrated i will garantee you that .We ent ready yet .

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 13, 2010, 08:16:40 PM »
Would be a dream come true for one of our playing heroes to get his stripes in the coaching dept and then lead us to glory...Latapy can be that guy. 

The question is whether or not the Nat'l senior team should be his platform to hone his skill...

The guy is learning the hard way...and in the public eye... a frustrated and understandably harsh public eye too. 

I don't implore him to quit.  I implore the admin to ask him to step down, replace him and then give him an assignment that would prepare him for the future...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 13, 2010, 09:13:35 PM »
Warner or should I say former Acting PM just buying time before he start shedding out de dough again.However as we accustom to in Trinidad "to late to late shall be the cry".

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 13, 2010, 09:15:08 PM »
Watch the play - The under 17 coach with a good performance will be elevated to the senior coach position.
  Then again if big men playing like school boys in defence- what the coach can do.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 13, 2010, 09:21:57 PM »
This title needs to change. The suck part needs to come out. Please, lets in our dis-satisfaction still be respectful.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #864 on: August 13, 2010, 09:28:08 PM »
This title needs to change. The suck part needs to come out. Please, lets in our dis-satisfaction still be respectful.

it was hate at first so suck can be vuewed as an improvement.  ~~~~sigh

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 13, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »

it was hate at first so suck can be vuewed as an improvement.  ~~~~sigh

LOL  :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 13, 2010, 10:17:42 PM »
Watch the play - The under 17 coach with a good performance will be elevated to the senior coach position.
  Then again if big men playing like school boys in defence- what the coach can do.

This is what really ticked me off. The head coach would come out with a statement like that about "his" defensive efforts and further embarrass his own players that "he" was suppose to have prepared for this encounter. This isn't the first time our back line has been exploited time and time again.

What myself and alot of others here in USA was expecting was a solid defensive game with limited chances with a slim goal score like 1-1 or something respectable. Knowing latapy I feel stupid now because he was an attacking player. Everyone knows how Jamaica likes to play, they play d all game and try to counter if they score shut down shop, at home for them this is the norm. This was an away match. I still can't believe the scoreline ... at home? Really?

This game was a midfield battle and all we had was Noel. Build up pretty football means nothing if a team can score on you at any time.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 10:29:13 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 13, 2010, 11:06:46 PM »
Doh want tuh sound like an authority, not in the least! but i've been saying it from the inception of russell's appointment, the man eh no different from pancho!

since latas took the reins fellas like hislop, aklie, keon, clyde leon, scotty where all prominent faces on pancho's team and when russel took over he only added 4 new regular players to his starting roster (tinto, spann, trent noel, kerry baptiste) all the rest were as i said regulars on dumtist roster.

despite having access to ah number of very capable players, he opted to use players who time after time showed they are incapable of stepping up their game to international standards.

what does latas need tuh see that keon daniel is not ah flank player, what does he need tuh see that aklie edwards, and keston williams is not up to international standard, makan hislop is too slow to be ah defender and so is abu bakar.

he failed on every level to show he's even ah tactical threat, let alone ah take no prisoners type of gaffer.  dunga , maradonna, and domeneche all took their teams to the WC but still were fired when they didn't perform on the highest level. 

latapy failed to take us anywhere losing 5 out of 7 games in the hex , dragged out ah nail biting marginal 1-0 victory to ah team that was deemed the weakest of our opposition of the five opponents in the kex and pulling off a draw against an already qualified mexican C team, continued that losing streak to ah chilean C team and ah jamaican B team, and up till now still has ah job.

honestly, i recognize latapy and maturana's let down were the players they stuck with and belived in relentlessly despite the fact that these players continued to rub sand in their faces by showing that they don't have the quality to perform @ this level.

on the other hand, men who have the quality to perform well @ this level didn't get called up and if they did, only got one solitary chance to impress.

fellas like julius james , khaleem hyland, yohance marshall, collin samuels, darrly roberts, criss birchall, scott sealy, aurtis whitley, avery john, osie telesford, lester peltier and up till that last game against jamdown kendell jagdeosingh, were all left in the dog house while sh!thounds like clyde leon, keston williams and aklie edwards were all regular faces in national colors despite their obvious lack of quality.

this lead me to believe that latapy is ah curry favor type ah guy and don't really have our best interest @ heart, only his own twisted agender! i say get rid and spend the money now on ah quality head coach tuh establish ah solid core of capable players before the time is opon us.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 14, 2010, 01:05:44 AM »
Breads if Latapy serious about coaching, let him start in the pro league or something..Let him become consistent and at least demonstrate that he can win something...So much proven coaches we have in the Pro league who win titles and such and they still don't get a look at the national team...Why do we feel that we owe Russel a job or even a chance to do this job..??

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 14, 2010, 01:17:58 AM »
Breads if Latapy serious about coaching, let him start in the pro league or something..Let him become consistent and at least demonstrate that he can win something...So much proven coaches we have in the Pro league who win titles and such and they still don't get a look at the national team...Why do we feel that we owe Russel a job or even a chance to do this job..??

Good question!!

I could understand if Latas was like Maradona and single-handedly helped T&T to win a World Cup then we could argue that we owe him a debt to give him the head coach job if he wants it!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>