48 (28.6%)
Yes
42 (25%)
Give him time
63 (37.5%)
Assistant only
15 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Author Topic: Russell Latapy Thread  (Read 251031 times)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Russell Latapy Thread.
« Reply #870 on: August 14, 2010, 01:18:04 AM »
fire latas mi rass. dem f**kin man we have representing TNT jes aint good enough. I go say this once and allyuh wajang gwan counteract if allyuh want to , but dem shithounds we have representing the red black and white will be lucky to get a tie in any one of the game comming up in d digicel cup or whatever dey call it now.  I predict full blown licks dey guh collect. I am a warrior for life but I say it as I see it. I dont live in denial we jes aint good enough anymore...
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 14, 2010, 01:47:10 AM »
fire latas mi rass. dem f**kin man we have representing TNT jes aint good enough. I go say this once and allyuh wajang gwan counteract if allyuh want to , but dem shithounds we have representing the red black and white will be lucky to get a tie in any one of the game comming up in d digicel cup or whatever dey call it now.  I predict full blown licks dey guh collect. I am a warrior for life but I say it as I see it. I dont live in denial we jes aint good enough anymore...
war
:notlistening:  And who it is that pickin the sh!thounds dem?? mind you, latas have real good quality players tuh chose from and he opted for the least talented, just look @ his record in the hex. he went wid daniel over collin samuels, he went wid spann over tinto against honduras, against elsalvador and tico's in CR.

he chose loen over hyland and birchall, abu bakar over julius james and osie telesford, scotty and jorslin over roberts and glenn, so what the fack yuh expect??!! if yuh pick sh!thound yuh get sh!t in return.  latapy clueless!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Yogi

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy "Rage QUIT Plz" Thread
« Reply #872 on: August 14, 2010, 11:02:17 AM »
We have won the Caribbean Cup with predominantly locally based players before, 1989, 1994 & 1997. In 1992 we had 4 overseas players Yorke latapy Nakhid & Lewis. 1994 we had Nakhid alone. 1995 Leonson Lewis & Nakhid. In 1997 Nakhid was the only foreign based player (Imagine Marvin Andrews was playing super League football and was on the national team). In 1989 the strike squad (all local) took over for the shell B team as it was called then, look at that, the country had so much talent we had 2 national teams!!. We also must not forget with the blacklist our national C team were runners up in the Caribbean cup in 2007 and gave a creditable performance in the Gold Cup with all their limitations.

The point is not to blame the players, when Beenie took over he said he saw 11 players running on a pitch but not a team. Proper coaching and selection of the right players is what's required. Frankly, Latapy as great a player he was, is simply out of his league. He should admit it and resign before he does more damage. He should in my humble opinion, do like his other Strike Squad colleagues and get experience coaching Pro League & Intercol teams and see how it goes from there. The National Team is too important to be learning on the job.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 14, 2010, 11:08:17 AM »
Amazing that we don't have 1000 threads on FIRE, TTFF. But poor Latas, like every other coach under fire for one dam exhibition game. steups
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 14, 2010, 11:27:22 AM »
We have won the Caribbean Cup with predominantly locally based players before, 1989, 1994 & 1997. In 1992 we had 4 overseas players Yorke latapy Nakhid & Lewis. 1994 we had Nakhid alone. 1995 Leonson Lewis & Nakhid. In 1997 Nakhid was the only foreign based player (Imagine Marvin Andrews was playing super League football and was on the national team). In 1989 the strike squad (all local) took over for the shell B team as it was called then, look at that, the country had so much talent we had 2 national teams!!. We also must not forget with the blacklist our national C team were runners up in the Caribbean cup in 2007 and gave a creditable performance in the Gold Cup with all their limitations.

The point is not to blame the players, when Beenie took over he said he saw 11 players running on a pitch but not a team. Proper coaching and selection of the right players is what's required. Frankly, Latapy as great a player he was, is simply out of his league. He should admit it and resign before he does more damage. He should in my humble opinion, do like his other Strike Squad colleagues and get experience coaching Pro League & Intercol teams and see how it goes from there. The National Team is too important to be learning on the job.

Very well said especially the bit I've highlighted!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

truetrini

« Reply #875 on: August 14, 2010, 01:38:02 PM »
Amazing that we don't have 1000 threads on FIRE, TTFF. But poor Latas, like every other coach under fire for one dam exhibition game. steups

Fella you does make some good posts, I feel you used to coah or sumting.  Dese clowns here always on de coaches asshole..yet de TTFF facking players over all de time.

I remember a post yuh ,make when we did qualify fuh de world cup when PLENTY here used to sing praises to Jack.

Yuh did remind we dat even a broken clock is right twice in a day!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 14, 2010, 01:44:24 PM »

Fella you does make some good posts, I feel you used to coah or sumting.  Dese clowns here always on de coaches asshole..yet de TTFF facking players over all de time.

I remember a post yuh ,make when we did qualify fuh de world cup when PLENTY here used to sing praises to Jack.

Yuh did remind we dat even a broken clock is right twice in a day!

The criticism Latapy is getting is well-deserved... this isn't just based on "one dam exhibition game"... it's  a pattern of clueless, listless, defenseless play.  Furthermore there is little evidence of any in-game strategy being deployed, we play shit from opening minute to close without any hint at adjusting for the play of the opponent.  At the end Latapy talking about he wanted to see where we are?  He home and used primarily home-based players and still dunno where we is... what he need GPS?

truetrini

« Reply #877 on: August 14, 2010, 01:55:46 PM »
Yuh know we eh really do as badly as people feel with de shit team we have.

For instance we lost 3-2 to Costa Rica Bacolet Tobago
lose 2-1 to mexico in Mexico Azteca
beat Antigua and den El Slavador
lost 4-1 to Honduras  (dem always we cutting we arse, especially in Honduras)
lose 1-0 to the USA in POS
Den collect 4 from CR in CR (No real surprise at all)
Draw with Mexico 2-2 in POS
lose 2-0 in Chile to a World Cup team dat lit up South Africa (we took a local team again)
We den beat Antiugua 4-1 and den lose to Jamaica

That is with mostky local players from de Por league.

The truth is the standard of our play is very weak compared to past teams.

With the foreign players I expect a better showing.

Jesus could come and coach this team...they not going to improve overnight

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 14, 2010, 02:19:20 PM »

lose 2-0 in Chile to a World Cup team dat lit up South Africa (we took a local team again)

Again though, yuh missing the point... is not just about the fact that we losing, but HOW we losing, and the fact that the team has seemingly regressed under Latapy.  For crissakes, somebody has to play defense.  If we want to play with a more attacking flair then fine, but put players on the field who can play defense, and if they can't then get somebody else.  He keeps playing the same players and getting similar results but doesn't seem inclined to make changes. 

Has Birchall even been given a chance under Latas watch?  Is there any real debate that he's our best defensive midfielder?  A blacklist by any other name is just that.  I never was in the business of campaigning for man job but something needs to be done to improve the team and it can't all be about the players.

truetrini

« Reply #879 on: August 14, 2010, 03:52:22 PM »
steups...Jesus is generally considered as God dummy.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 14, 2010, 06:18:05 PM »
ent Observer ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 14, 2010, 07:39:41 PM »
steups...Jesus is generally considered as God dummy.
Damn  :banginghead:, and here i always thought you was god's dummy.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 08:14:34 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 14, 2010, 08:10:25 PM »
 Myself and surely most of the general supporters of the national team care about one thing, results. It is important to find the combination of players that best suits the style of play been implemented. Not throw a group of your favorite players together and expect to find a formation.

Some of the views are the defensive players are not up to par with international duties after off the top of my head the early goal in Mexico stands out, the heavy defeat in Honduras and then the give away goal at home to flatter a draw, okay all of them stands out.

The game has changed, it has become more technical, we saw this in the UEFA CL and in South Africa. Most important part of any team these days is a compact organized defense. Defense is only part of our problem and from here is looks easy on the tube but how come the other teams seem to work so hard in the middle to regain possession also quickly falling back to defend even the man upfront. It would be nice to see our national team play with patience and confidence instead of urgency, in secured at the back.

The coach we need must be able not to only prepare the national team but teach the country a thing or two new about football every once in a while because belief goes a long way in achieving success.  TTFA knows what they doing, probably let this continue for next couple years maybe three more, then maybe then Jack might pick up the phone call a retired coach to perform some kinda of miracle at the last minute.. shoot him a few dollars under the counter.. few months work, easy money.

Yea for the record.. I wrote some mean stuff underlining my passion for not only football but tnt national team as well. It hurts to see us in this situation, not like we can't do better. 

« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 10:18:16 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 15, 2010, 12:40:39 PM »

Again though, yuh missing the point... is not just about the fact that we losing, but HOW we losing, and the fact that the team has seemingly regressed under Latapy.  For crissakes, somebody has to play defense.  If we want to play with a more attacking flair then fine, but put players on the field who can play defense, and if they can't then get somebody else.  He keeps playing the same players and getting similar results but doesn't seem inclined to make changes. 

Has Birchall even been given a chance under Latas watch?  Is there any real debate that he's our best defensive midfielder?  A blacklist by any other name is just that.  I never was in the business of campaigning for man job but something needs to be done to improve the team and it can't all be about the players.

Well said. There is another dimension as well, something that most of here may not see, and that is a lack of leadership and CLEAR DIRECTION by the TTFF. Terry Fenwick, whether yuh love him or hate him, pointed this out as far back as March.

(From TTproleague.com.) "We have to understand that the TTFF deliberated very long before announcing "No Change!" and Russell (Latapy) continued as head coach. Most will see National football since 2006 WC qualification as a huge failure, and yet we see the same old people in their comfortable positions calling the shots all over again. The TTFF will reduce their argument to lack of funding but we see the same inexperienced back room management continuing where they have failed before.
"The TTFF is not doing their bit in providing professional and competent support for Russell as National coach. So we are not giving him a chance. We recently saw Marvin Faustin, nice guy, recruited as assistant coach but now we have not one, but two very inexperienced coaches with no real program going forward.

"My comments are not meant to offend but merely extend an opinion on a professional basis. When it all turns sour for Russell, the TTFF will undoubtedly turn to Dwight as the next step. Only when these two National hero's have ruined their coaching careers will the TTFF look further than the end of their noses. I think it is very unfair on both Russell and Dwight to be exposed in this way. I believe Russell is doing the job for all the right reasons but is ill equipped to succeed."

"I think we should be doing much better than we are at every level...unfortunately inexperience and lack of competence at management level will have us fall short in meaningful competitions." ended the Jabloteh coach.

So  we not only have to contend with Latapy’s personal shortcomings as a coach, but the TTFF incompetence, which is likely adding fuel to the fire. Which worse only God knows.

The only  realistic way out of this is if TTFF hires a top flight, tough minded coach who is not beholden to the federation. We need another Beenhakker to get results from the player pool and stand up to the JW at the same time.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 15, 2010, 01:13:19 PM »
YOGI is on to something here- Never thought of it that way- The National team is too Important to be learning on the job.That is words of Wisdom but it just may be a question of Money. Wait until the Digicel Cup and then based on performance fire the local Coach and bring in someone with a track record.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: August 16, 2010, 08:24:27 AM »

I agree with this, every time T&T loses a game, this board over-reacts, who must go, who can't play, who can't coach etc.

HOWEVER, i do not believe criticism of Latapy is unwarranted...

Bake n Shark hit the nail right on the head, Trinity Cross you batting for Latas out of sentimentality more than anything.

From his first game in charge as coach Latapy has shown very little astuteness in terms of switching game plans for changing situations, nor has he implemented a defensive structure which would protect our back four (which even with our so called best players would remain our weakest suit).

That is mark of an inexperienced coach. Jamaica only looked miles ahead of us because they had a plan and adjusted as the game went on.

Well said. There is another dimension as well, something that most of here may not see, and that is a lack of leadership and CLEAR DIRECTION by the TTFF. Terry Fenwick, whether yuh love him or hate him, pointed this out as far back as March.

(From TTproleague.com.) "We have to understand that the TTFF deliberated very long before announcing "No Change!" and Russell (Latapy) continued as head coach. Most will see National football since 2006 WC qualification as a huge failure, and yet we see the same old people in their comfortable positions calling the shots all over again. The TTFF will reduce their argument to lack of funding but we see the same inexperienced back room management continuing where they have failed before.
"The TTFF is not doing their bit in providing professional and competent support for Russell as National coach. So we are not giving him a chance. We recently saw Marvin Faustin, nice guy, recruited as assistant coach but now we have not one, but two very inexperienced coaches with no real program going forward.

"My comments are not meant to offend but merely extend an opinion on a professional basis. When it all turns sour for Russell, the TTFF will undoubtedly turn to Dwight as the next step. Only when these two National hero's have ruined their coaching careers will the TTFF look further than the end of their noses. I think it is very unfair on both Russell and Dwight to be exposed in this way. I believe Russell is doing the job for all the right reasons but is ill equipped to succeed."

"I think we should be doing much better than we are at every level...unfortunately inexperience and lack of competence at management level will have us fall short in meaningful competitions." ended the Jabloteh coach.

So  we not only have to contend with Latapy’s personal shortcomings as a coach, but the TTFF incompetence, which is likely adding fuel to the fire. Which worse only God knows.

The only  realistic way out of this is if TTFF hires a top flight, tough minded coach who is not beholden to the federation. We need another Beenhakker to get results from the player pool and stand up to the JW at the same time.

Again this is correct, the administration of local football has to change, then we cold set up a structure that will help our team.

truetrini

« Reply #886 on: August 16, 2010, 08:58:23 AM »
even if all the talk about Latas being clueless is true, he did NOT appoint himself.

Clearly the man has ambitions and is a patriot.  He used to come to play all kinda useless games for T&T back in de day...many here jes come so dey eh know this.

Latas eh wore dan most ah we former coaches.

The players eh up to it it is his job to get them there...he cannot do it over night!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 09:10:01 AM by Trinity Cross »

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 16, 2010, 09:00:46 AM »
even if all the talk about Latas being clueless, he did NOT appoint himself.

Clearly the man has ambitions and is a patriot.  He used to come to play all kinda useless games for T&T back in de day...many here jes come so dey eh know this.

The players eh up to it it is his job to get them there...he cannot do it over night!

True, but he's had OVER A YEAR.  What improvement have you seen?

truetrini

« Reply #888 on: August 16, 2010, 09:10:28 AM »

I will wait to see the locals and the foreign based together to make that judgement.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 16, 2010, 09:26:23 AM »

I will wait to see the locals and the foreign based together to make that judgement.

You indeed have the right to reserve judgement until you believe you have sufficient information to do so...

however i was also reserving judgement, until I went and see this team in training live and see them live against jamaica... i am not impressed and i do not believe Latapy has the wherewithal to improve this team, foreign based or no.

Just my opinion...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

truetrini

« Reply #890 on: August 16, 2010, 09:37:27 AM »
dat good, yet he have no right to jes quit as some suggest...as I said...he did NOT appoint himself.

Offline Willy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 16, 2010, 03:36:42 PM »

Has Birchall even been given a chance under Latas watch?  Is there any real debate that he's our best defensive midfielder?   A blacklist by any other name is just that.  I never was in the business of campaigning for man job but something needs to be done to improve the team and it can't all be about the players.
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1513617 -

truetrini

« Reply #892 on: August 16, 2010, 04:46:40 PM »
I am pretty sure Birchall played at least 4 games for Latapy..may be wrong

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 16, 2010, 06:10:17 PM »
Is we make we bed ,lay back and get comfy .We wanted latapy come back home .....he"sss backkkk.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 16, 2010, 06:35:42 PM »
TTFA knows what they doing, probably let this continue for next couple years maybe three more, then maybe then Jack might pick up the phone call a retired coach to perform some kinda of miracle at the last minute.. shoot him a few dollars under the counter.. few months work, easy money.

Three years. Brazil WC qualifying starts right after London Olimpics in 2012. We have 2 yrs to prepare a good team. Is 2, not 3, not 4!!!!!!!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 07, 2010, 09:49:53 PM »
STUEPS!!!!  >:(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 07, 2010, 09:54:16 PM »
How many more games does he have to lose before he gets fired? I could arrange a sweat to help that number. I am sure my 11 could beat that shit side.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 07, 2010, 10:03:20 PM »
I feelin shame, and ah get a headache.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 07, 2010, 10:05:47 PM »
from Hero to Goat......

How did Maturana do with  ah local squad compare to Latapy? Remember that game against Cuba...that local team played some real boss football in that game.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 07, 2010, 10:06:40 PM »
HOW LATAS STILL COACHING THIS TEAM?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>