48 (28.6%)
Yes
42 (25%)
Give him time
63 (37.5%)
Assistant only
15 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Author Topic: Russell Latapy Thread  (Read 247679 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Now Latapy sues TTFF ...for $5m
« Reply #1230 on: May 21, 2013, 07:51:21 AM »
I heard lincoln phillips say he never got paid from the TTFF for all his years of being technical director...maybe he should sue too!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 21, 2013, 08:24:15 AM »
I heard lincoln phillips say he never got paid from the TTFF for all his years of being technical director...maybe he should sue too!

As far as I remember Sport company paid LP. There was a time d TTFF did not put up the paperwork in time. So it had a time he was wukin 4 free. Just like Barber and co right now.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 21, 2013, 08:58:17 AM »

As far as I remember Sport company paid LP. There was a time d TTFF did not put up the paperwork in time. So it had a time he was wukin 4 free. Just like Barber and co right now.
What about Wim, Simoes & staff, Fevrier, Otto...while we at it..what about the people of Trinidad & Tobago ? Wait TTFF not answerable to we, the goverment don't care to recoup nothing..we (thru our government) does just donate blindly, build stadia, and other facilities, so we can pay a higher price to see our National & professional athletes perform, until they leave our shores, to the benefit of our  the individual & local professional teams, who can't seem to get enough for them to barely keep afloat. Hey, look how many of our boys gain scholarships, get out, and nohing to return to.Maybe if they had some measure of encouragement...like another stadium...I just kicksin eh..

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #1233 on: May 21, 2013, 11:59:29 AM »

What about Wim, Simoes & staff, Fevrier, Otto...while we at it..what about the people of Trinidad & Tobago ? Wait TTFF not answerable to we, the goverment don't care to recoup nothing..we (thru our government) does just donate blindly, build stadia, and other facilities, so we can pay a higher price to see our National & professional athletes perform, until they leave our shores, to the benefit of our  the individual & local professional teams, who can't seem to get enough for them to barely keep afloat. Hey, look how many of our boys gain scholarships, get out, and nohing to return to.Maybe if they had some measure of encouragement...like another stadium...I just kicksin eh..

This is real talk.....
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Russell Latapy: Alex McLeish says I cost him the Scottish Cup
« Reply #1234 on: May 24, 2013, 12:03:32 PM »
Russell Latapy: Alex McLeish says I cost him the Scottish Cup following my night out with Dwight Yorke
By Lindsey Archibald (Scottish Daily Record)

RUSSELL LATAPY has promised himself a couple of pints in Edinburgh on Sunday night if Hibs end their 111-year wait to lift the Scottish Cup.

But if it wasn’t for a few beers too many before the Easter Road men last played Celtic in a final then that hoodoo could have been smashed 12 years ago.

Former party-loving playmaker Latapy enjoyed a night on the tiles with fellow Trinidadian Dwight Yorke just a couple of weeks before the Hampden showdown with the Hoops.

The 44-year-old – back in Scotland this week for the final – missed training following his night out with the ex-Manchester United ace ahead of the Edinburgh derby with Hearts.

Then Hibs boss Alex McLeish binned Latapy from the club in anger and many believe it cost Hibs a chance of the trophy.

Martin O’Neill’s Celtic side ran out 3-0 winners and the wait to parade the Scottish Cup in Leith continued with Latapy on a flight back to Portugal as his former side crashed to defeat.

Latapy would later hook up again with McLeish when he became Rangers boss, the 81-cap former Trinidad and Tobago star having been taken to Ibrox by Dick Advocaat.

Big Eck joked later that Latapy’s night out cost him the chance to become a Hibs managerial legend by winning the Cup – but Latapy claims it’s the other way round.

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Russell Latapy: Alex McLeish says I cost him the Scottish Cup
« Reply #1235 on: May 24, 2013, 02:02:46 PM »
I missing something here or what
"Former party-loving playmaker Latapy enjoyed a night on the tiles with fellow Trinidadian Dwight Yorke just a couple of weeks before the Hampden showdown with the Hoops."

I said then, Mcleish could hall he arse, and ah saying it again...

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 24, 2013, 02:08:33 PM »
Yeah, I didn't realize it was two weeks before the match McLeash geh orn so for.

I'm all for professionalism and excellence, but some people too trigger happy and bossy for their own good.

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 24, 2013, 02:24:44 PM »
What happen was he went and party late and never show up for practice the next morning.
The club decide to take the hard line on this disciplinary issue and told him that was the final straw, better he find a next club.
It just so happen the finals was coming up and the management would not budge on the decision and so allow him to play the final.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 24, 2013, 03:08:05 PM »
What happen was he went and party late and never show up for practice the next morning.
The club decide to take the hard line on this disciplinary issue and told him that was the final straw, better he find a next club.
It just so happen the finals was coming up and the management would not budge on the decision and so allow him to play the final.

I lived in Edinburgh at the time and remember the whole drama...McLeish didn't really have much choice...the picture in the paper had Latas in a car looking rel drunk, and he was subsequently charged for drunk driving...the media were saying how the manager had to do something to maintain respect...McLeish would have looked like a pushover if he didnt act. Apart from the drink driving charge, I think he had also broken the clubs rules which said no drinking 2 days before a game (another game, not the cup final)

Now the scene was that Latas was due to leave the club at the end of the season anyway whereas McLeish had every intention of staying...so I guess McLeish felt he did what he had to do...coupled with the fact that he would have known Celtic would have blown dem out anyway (they won the domestic treble that year, Henrik Larsson mash up everyting and everyone in his path)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 26, 2013, 09:52:02 PM »
Who they go blame for the 3-0 cutass today?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 26, 2013, 10:11:15 PM »
The greatess player I have ever step foot on a pitch with, but in many ways - the single most destructive influence on a generation of local players ever...that said, to see him in training was a revelation!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #1241 on: May 27, 2013, 05:41:54 AM »
Spoke to a friend who played cricket with Lara and football with Latas.

This is what he had t say about his Trintoc days with Latas.

"Players like Leonson Lewis, M. Faustin and Hutson Charles were great players, they could pass a ball to your feet no matter where you stood on the field. This is what great players do. But Latas used to pass a ball for your stride. You running and he would pass it perfectly for your stride. If he passed a ball for you, it was a good pass that came to you. Some men pass a ball and you swear is the opposition they passing it for, the amount of running you have to do.

When Russel was on the field, you always thought you could win. There were times I was playing and I would want to stop just to watch him play although I was a player on the field.

.......I saw the interview with Yorke and he is so true. Latapy is an absolute genius. He makes football simple. When you play with him its like he could read your mind. He would deliver the ball to you better than how you would expect it. He would find you anywhere you are on the field.
My best football experiences were the years I played with him. Great and unforgetable memories. He had a great personality as well. I remember it had a time we got picked to play with a sort of all star team, I was living in St James and he told me to meet him at his home in Laventille, so I went and met his mother and family and then we got picked up to go to south. Faustin was there as well. Russel was cracking jokes all the way to south lol.
We won the match. Then when we came back to town we went to lime. They came home by me for me to bathe and change. Russel was one of the coolest guys you would ever meet. I remember he had an old car he used to call Betsy but it never used to work lol"
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 27, 2013, 08:33:16 AM »
Spoke to a friend who played cricket with Lara and football with Latas.

This is what he had t say about his Trintoc days with Latas.

"Players like Leonson Lewis, M. Faustin and Hutson Charles were great players, they could pass a ball to your feet no matter where you stood on the field. This is what great players do. But Latas used to pass a ball for your stride. You running and he would pass it perfectly for your stride. If he passed a ball for you, it was a good pass that came to you. Some men pass a ball and you swear is the opposition they passing it for, the amount of running you have to do.

When Russel was on the field, you always thought you could win. There were times I was playing and I would want to stop just to watch him play although I was a player on the field.

.......I saw the interview with Yorke and he is so true. Latapy is an absolute genius. He makes football simple. When you play with him its like he could read your mind. He would deliver the ball to you better than how you would expect it. He would find you anywhere you are on the field.
My best football experiences were the years I played with him. Great and unforgetable memories. He had a great personality as well. I remember it had a time we got picked to play with a sort of all star team, I was living in St James and he told me to meet him at his home in Laventille, so I went and met his mother and family and then we got picked up to go to south. Faustin was there as well. Russel was cracking jokes all the way to south lol.
We won the match. Then when we came back to town we went to lime. They came home by me for me to bathe and change. Russel was one of the coolest guys you would ever meet. I remember he had an old car he used to call Betsy but it never used to work lol"

Knowledge!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 27, 2013, 04:45:50 PM »

That line is in another class. . .wow.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 27, 2013, 10:08:56 PM »
The greatess player I have ever step foot on a pitch with, but in many ways - the single most destructive influence on a generation of local players ever...that said, to see him in training was a revelation!

... doh jes stop dey ...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: May 28, 2013, 07:33:22 PM »
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: May 28, 2013, 08:52:48 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iJDKIUDRctE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iJDKIUDRctE</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

giggsy11

« Reply #1247 on: May 28, 2013, 09:59:47 PM »
Russell lookin like a young Bill Cosby.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: May 28, 2013, 10:35:55 PM »
The player Russell mentioned in the interview is Rui Barrios. Unfortunately, most of the video on him is in Italian or Portuguese and would serve lil purpose to post here to geh a real sense of what Latas talking bout ...

However, yuh could geh a lil glimpse of de man (@0:26 to 1:14) reminiscing versus Ajax and other things here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qyWGWcPdEoQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qyWGWcPdEoQ</a>

At 5'3" (make him out @3:14), he is definitely a man missing from the shortest ballers thread.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 10:47:27 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: May 29, 2013, 05:43:05 AM »
One of T&T's dunces players ever, hope the lawyer don't fool him too.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: May 29, 2013, 07:02:18 AM »

I am now convinced that you were defecated from your father's ass when u was born...........because there have got to be some logical explanation for the level of shit dat permeates your primitive or addled  cerebrum   
I pity the fool....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: May 29, 2013, 08:43:52 AM »

yeaHorner..yuh right...as always

any more shit to come out yuh mouth ???

allyuh go pay one day...maybe not on this earth...but
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Russell Latapy Thread
« Reply #1252 on: August 02, 2013, 02:47:12 PM »
HAPPY BORN DAY
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 02, 2013, 08:41:04 PM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 05, 2013, 09:56:17 PM »
I stumbled across this article translated from Portuguese, can anyone confirm if Russell is an assistant coach at Boavista?
http://www.futebol365.pt/noticias/artigo.asp?id=89636&cat=Regi%C3%B5es#.UgBxkZK0JFA

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1255 on: August 05, 2013, 10:07:46 PM »
I stumbled across this article translated from Portuguese, can anyone confirm if Russell is an assistant coach at Boavista?
http://www.futebol365.pt/noticias/artigo.asp?id=89636&cat=Regi%C3%B5es#.UgBxkZK0JFA
Yep. Official site say so.

http://www.boavistafc.pt/public/tecteam#article

"FOOTBALL STAFF

ARMANDO TEIXEIRA - HEAD COACH
RUSSELL Latapy - ASSISTANT COACH"

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 05, 2013, 10:10:57 PM »
Yep. Official site say so.

http://www.boavistafc.pt/public/tecteam#article

"FOOTBALL STAFF

ARMANDO TEIXEIRA - HEAD COACH
RUSSELL Latapy - ASSISTANT COACH"

Look ting  :o

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 05, 2013, 10:44:37 PM »

:beermug:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #1258 on: August 06, 2013, 01:35:05 AM »
 :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Latapy in joint interview
« Reply #1259 on: August 17, 2013, 11:40:56 AM »
Latapy being  interviewed with Van Hooijdonk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJDKIUDRctE
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>